• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Open a checking account and get a free Flip Ultra camcorder!

Use your Visa Debit Card for 8 purchases; and
Make 2 payments with Online Bill Pay within 45 days of account opening

More Info.

Valid only for residents of - CT, DC, DE, FL, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, VA, VT, and Canada.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

do i have to call in for CANADA???

is there a hard pull to open the account?

Securities and other investment and insurance products are: not a deposit; not FDIC insured; not insured by any federal government agency; not guaranteed by TD Bank, N.A. or any of its affiliates; and, may be subject to investment risk, including possible loss of value.

Not worth it. Value is around $100-$150 depending on if it's an older or newer version Flip Ultra.

Better off going with a $150 promo at another bank and buying the Flip Ultra.

And $150 (or whatever retail value) will be reported as 1099-INT income.

angelmartinez said: Not worth it. Value is around $100-$150 depending on if it's an older or newer version Flip Ultra.

Why not do both?

sn't the problem you need to pay taxes on the $150 for a $105 model..Prob will sell for about $90 by the time you get it.

$150 * .4 (fed and state tax figure 40%) = $60..
Even 30% means you are paying $45

Just a hot deal if you want a flip ultra. Otherwise you are paying $45 for something you won't use or will eBay to net $70 for a profit of $25...

TigerDirect sells them refurbished for $80 btw...

ajkghemee said: angelmartinez said: Not worth it. Value is around $100-$150 depending on if it's an older or newer version Flip Ultra.

Why not do both?

You sir are a true fatwalleter

Thanks OP....they have another promotion page for
this offer: TDBank.com/flip

On that page it never says you need to open with "greater" than $100
to qualify for this offer. When I called they said $100 even
still qualifys.

But again u r paying tax on $150 to get a $80 device 6-8 weeks from now (if u r lucky)..Plus its another chexsystem and credit inquiry(prob) along with lost interest and time...

Only hot if u want a flip ultra or want a td acct.

BofA gives $100 to open, Soverign $150, AMEX credit card $250... so many better uses of your credit inquiries

how is this a fair comparison, if Sovereign requires Direct Deposit...

welookgoodcom said: But again u r paying tax on $150 to get a $80 device 6-8 weeks from now (if u r lucky)..Plus its another chexsystem and credit inquiry(prob) along with lost interest and time...

BofA gives $100 to open, Soverign $150, AMEX credit card $250... so many better uses of your credit inquiries

welookgoodcom said: But again u r paying tax on $150 to get a $80 device 6-8 weeks from now (if u r lucky)..Plus its another chexsystem and credit inquiry(prob) along with lost interest and time...

I just talked to Allie in New Accounts and she said that there is no credit check, just a chexsystems inquiry.

SinglePapa said: how is this a fair comparison, if Sovereign requires Direct Deposit...

soverign latest offer does NOT require dd

Well, I did the Sovereign offer also....but you stll comeout ahead
with the camera......let's say the 1099 says $170 so at my 25% tax
bracket it costs me $43. I sell it at auction for $135(they do, I checked)
and after paying fees I have about $120 minus the $43 I still pocket $77.

And I still have my $100 in the bank account...it just has to sit there
for a few months....no problem with that since $100 anywhere today
gets almost zero interest.

Flip arrived today! We only opened the account as we are newly married and we had our accounts there anyway. We opened it with $100 even deposit. Hope this helps someone. It came WAY earlier than expected!

Edit: Also, no there is not a credit check done as we just had ours pulled two days ago for our refinance and I made sure so I could post for you all!

Got my flip camera also...it's the 4 GB model so retail is about $150.

I already have a nice Canon FS10 so it's off to auction it goes.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014