• 123 4 522
  • Page
  • Text Only
xceebeex said: Ha, well after all of that worrying my iPod came today apparently. My wife called me at work telling me that it came in and it is indeed the 8GB. So I never received a confirmation email or an email from FedEx, but it did arrive.

So is it a Gen 2 or Gen 3?

I completed my transactions just as people were posting that they got their shipment notice so I hope mine will be shipped in the next batch.

Got mine today, 8GB. Thanks KeyBank! Completed the transaction requirements as of June 17, 2010.

Well that sucks.... my transaction requirements have been completed for a month now and didn't get an email or package from FedEx..... I also emailed Key on Saturday afternoon and they haven't replied to my email yet.

Dahliabug said: xceebeex said: Ha, well after all of that worrying my iPod came today apparently. My wife called me at work telling me that it came in and it is indeed the 8GB. So I never received a confirmation email or an email from FedEx, but it did arrive.

So is it a Gen 2 or Gen 3?

I completed my transactions just as people were posting that they got their shipment notice so I hope mine will be shipped in the next batch.

i believe Gen 3 only come in 32 or 64 GB while 8 GB is 2nd Gen

just got mines. part number is MC086LL/A

my iPod came today apparently. My wife called me at work telling me that it came in and it is indeed the 8GB. So I never received a confirmation email or an email from FedEx, but it did arrive

tooldogg said: my iPod came today apparently. My wife called me at work telling me that it came in and it is indeed the 8GB. So I never received a confirmation email or an email from FedEx, but it did arrive

Haha, is there a reason you copied my post or did you wife actually call you at work and you thought it would be easier to copy and past mine rather than typing your own.

She really did call me and your post was just what i would have said. Just easier to copy and paste.lol

Finally got a reply from Key... wonder why I wasn't on their shipping list.

Thank you for contacting Key. I appreciate your message and I am happy
to research your account to determine if the requirements were met for
the iPod Touch promotion.

In review of your account, I can confirm that all the promotional
requirements were met on June 22, 2010! You should receive the iPod
Touch within 90 days from that date. Also, the iPod Touch will be
reported on Form 1099-INT.

Also, I can confirm that you are not listed on our current promotional
shipping list. Please note that our shipping lists are updated twice
each month and you are free to contact us to inquire if you are on the
updated shipping list.

I'd like the 4G iPod Touch.

Do you think if I wait as long as possible to complete the requirements (use my debit card for the first time around September 22nd), they might send 4G because Apple will no longer be selling 3G iPod Touch's?

I think they got a great discount on a huge load of older 8GB models and that's what they're handing out. I bet if they run out of what they got they can get plenty more for even cheaper than what the 1099's are going to report. Sounds like a win-win deal to me.

Word of warning to everyone....DO NOT upgrade to iOS 4.0, it is useless for the 2G iPod Touch and there is no way to get back to the original software. Now I have to deal with a much slower iPod and worse battery life. Kinda sucks, but at least I didn't pay for it.

Can't you do a "Reset" to get it back to factory defaults?

ECereal said: Can't you do a "Reset" to get it back to factory defaults?

Nope, not once iOS 4.0 is on there. Trust me, I have tried a bunch of different things and I am pretty tech savvy too. I tried following methods found on the internet for downgrapding, but none of them work anymore. Apple really screwed people over. Basically they will only "authorize" a restore for OS versions that they want to and once you go to 4.0 they won't "authorize" you to go back.

That stinks. I have a really hard time resisting the upgrade to the latest anything. Now with iTunes squawking at me I have to remember why not to upgrade my new free iTouch.

I'm not sure if the two $100 payments/deposits have to be in separate months or not. My banker told me it had to be separate months but the CSR said it could be in the same month.

I completed my requirements on June 24. I called on June 30 and they told me I had completed my requirements, but no iPods were shipped out yet. They said to call the next week and ask if I was on that shipping list.

I called on July 9 and they said that the first batch of iPods were shipped (the ones that xceebeex and others received) but I was not on that shipping list. (He told me my second deposit was on July 7, when in fact my second deposit was on June 24--however, maybe the "different month" rule is real). Why wasn't I on that shipping list? Not sure, but regardless, I wasn't.

That CSR told me that they only do shipments once a month, so it would be the first week of August before the next batch was sent out. However, my banker told me they do shipments every two weeks, which is what I also read in one of these posts.

sdkjr said: Finally got a reply from Key... wonder why I wasn't on their shipping list.

Also, I can confirm that you are not listed on our current promotional shipping list. Please note that our shipping lists are updated twice each month and you are free to contact us to inquire if you are on the updated shipping list.

Looks like I'm in the same boat as you. Completed in late June and wasn't on the first shipping list. Care to keep us updated?

Another forum said: I see how this works now. The website used to say you had to have an open, non-overdrawn account as of 7/1/10. They started shipping to those people who met the requirements then.

Now, the site says your account has to be open and carrying a balance as of 10/1/10. Sounds like they're relying on that 90-day fulfillment window to only ship in two batches. If you're one of those people like me who didn't finish their requirements until early July, you're almost certain to be waiting until October to receive your iPod. Wonder what my recourse will be if I don't receive the iPod by 10/8?

I hope this isn't the case! My requirements were completed by July 1 and I still didn't get it!

Abut the doing the payments in separate months, weren't there some who got the ipod that did all their transactions in the same month???

dproberts55 said: Abut the doing the payments in separate months, weren't there some who got the ipod that did all their transactions in the same month???

Yes, I did all of my transactions in the same month, including the debit car purchase and I received my iPod on Monday.

The payments/deposit must be over 100$? Anyone know?

tracywang said: The payments/deposit must be over 100$? Anyone know?
"direct deposits and/or automated payments each of $100 or more"
:/

I'm in the same boat as some of you guys that still haven't recieved your ipod. i completed all my requirements in June by the 23rd. I called my banker that I really like(d) and she said I should be getting my Ipod the next time they ship out.. guess not. I then called a rep just to get another person's view to see if everything was ok and he must have been new because he had no clue what he was talking about, I think I knew more about the promotion than him. He didn't know wat an automated payment was and he said that you recieve your ipod in 90 days; no sooner, no later. So they figure out exactly how long it takes to ship to my place and wait til then to do it to make it exactly 90 days! haha, thats ridiculous. Well while I'm on here being a grump I might as well say that I emailed them yesterday about it and they said that they would respond in 18 hours, its definitely past that. Question to the guys that have already gotten their ipods, where do you guys live? maybe they only sent it out to certain parts of the country?

I emailed key on the 15th and they responded on the 17th in the AM (with their standard form letter) that I satisfied my requirements on the 14th can expect the ipod touch by 10/12/10 (in 90 days). I hear some people get it in closer to 60 days but we shall see.

I set up 2 automated payments with Citi and Discover over $100, and made a small purchase using a PIN Based debit card. I first thought you have to make bill pays from the key site, so I did that (not a biggie anyway since I would have to pay from my other bank). I could have met the requirement two days earlier otherwise.

I applied initially on 6/25/10 in the AM, got my account number on sat 7/3/10 (at this pt you can set up autopay at your cc with the info) and the debit card came on mon 7/12/10 (you can make the transaction that day). You should transfer a minimum of say $205 when you open the account, to cover the xfers, billpays and a small PIN purchase at Mcodonalds or CVS(use your imagination!). Since there was a holiday in between figure about 2ish weeks from opening till you meet your requirements.

I like Key so far for an extra checking acct, but I read that people have issues with overdrawing their account and fees popping up(isn't this the case with any bank??)

flix02 said: Everybody, be careful with any inquiries, I just noticed that they hit me with a $1.50 "EXCESS EMPL ASSISTED TELE INQUIRY CHARGE".
How many times did you call (approx.)? I want to call in the next few days to see if a new shipping list has gone out but don't want this ridiculous charge.

I called this past Friday (7/9), and the rep at my local bank actually told me to call back in 2 weeks (7/23) when they got the new ship list. They better not charge me. lol It will only be my second call though.

Their terms and conditions allow 3 free CS calls a month. It is weird, because they say they only charge you if you inquire about your balance in the account. They don't charge you if you call for a service (nothing in life is free, they are going to collect a fee!) Here is the nonsense:

If the number of automated (a call during which you do not speak to an employee) telephone calls for general account information exceeds 8 per statement period, your Checking Account will be charged $0.75  per call. If the number of employee assisted (a call made directly to an employee or transferred from an automated telephone inquiry) telephone calls for general account information exceeds 3 per statement period, your Checking Account will be charged $1.50  per call. If you request general account information on more than one account during the same telephone call each account is treated as a separate telephone call and may be assessed a charge as described above. General account information includes account balance, checks that have been paid, electronic transactions that have been paid, deposits that have been made and interest information. If your request for general account information results in a request for service, such as a copy of an item or a stop payment, no charge for the employee assisted request for general account information will apply and the call will not be counted towards the limits described above. However, any applicable charges for the services requested will apply.

lo n behold, I got a call from a keybank rep at about 6.45pm this evening and she wanted to discuss my keybank checking account.
I politely told her that this was not a good time.
wondering what she would want to talk about.
I opened my checking account back in march of this yr, fulfilled all my requirements and got a $150 cash bonus for my troubles.
now, I signed up my wife for the free ipod touch promo last month and she will fulfill all her requirements in about two days....
but I'm astounded that the bank would charge for CS calls...

maybe I should charge keybank for all the calls they're making to my house....lol

I just signed myself up tonight, my wife's going to do hers in person this weekend. Hopefully Key runs out of stock and we get a 16gb versions, lol. Here's to hoping.

jason25 said: I called this past Friday (7/9), and the rep at my local bank actually told me to call back in 2 weeks (7/23) when they got the new ship list. They better not charge me. lol It will only be my second call though.

Any word yet if you are on the updated list? I'm thinking of checking myself.

dproberts55 said: jason25 said: I called this past Friday (7/9), and the rep at my local bank actually told me to call back in 2 weeks (7/23) when they got the new ship list. They better not charge me. lol It will only be my second call though.

Any word yet if you are on the updated list? I'm thinking of checking myself.

I just called and the rep at the local branch said that I am not on the list. He told me that the list updates every other week and will update again next week on the 30th so call back then. I am headed to Quebec August 22nd so I hope I get it before then, my luck it will show up the 23rd! lol He is guessing that I will be on the next list since some people that completed the week or two before me were on the current list. :crosses finger:

Has anyone gotten a new shipment confirmation emails since the last batch on July 12th?

So I am obviously dense. I emailed them asking if I had met the requirements, and they told me that I had not because I had made 2 payments using their Bill Pay service, but that was excluded. WTF is an "Automated payment" that qualifies? Can someone give me an example?

billrubin said: So I am obviously dense. I emailed them asking if I had met the requirements, and they told me that I had not because I had made 2 payments using their Bill Pay service, but that was excluded. WTF is an "Automated payment" that qualifies? Can someone give me an example?
Automated payment is when you initiate a payment from say the CC website, provide them with your checking a/c and routing no. and they pull the money from your Key a/c.
Bill pay is when the payment is initiated from Key website.

It is confusing particularly because the personal a/c bonus (this and other cash bonuses in past) requires automated payments whereas business checking a/c bonus (cash offers in past) requires bill pay as one of the requirements. Sucks; I have been disqualified in the past for similar reason.

billrubin said: So I am obviously dense. I emailed them asking if I had met the requirements, and they told me that I had not because I had made 2 payments using their Bill Pay service, but that was excluded. WTF is an "Automated payment" that qualifies? Can someone give me an example?Its any "pull" from an outside source. You need to enter the withdrawal request in a system other than Key's.

is it confirmed that keybank will not charge for excessive customer queries if I continue emailing them as opposed to calling them?
my latest email Question to them confirmed that my wife has qualified for the ipod promo as of july 22.
now, I would like to find out about this 'list'.
what should I email them? just ask them if my wife's name is on the list? will the online guys know about this?
any suggestions to ask would be appreciated.
Thanks

Glitch99 said: billrubin said: So I am obviously dense. I emailed them asking if I had met the requirements, and they told me that I had not because I had made 2 payments using their Bill Pay service, but that was excluded. WTF is an "Automated payment" that qualifies? Can someone give me an example?Its any "pull" from an outside source. You need to enter the withdrawal request in a system other than Key's.So if I pull money twice from my Citibank account it will work? How stupid!

billrubin said: Glitch99 said: billrubin said: So I am obviously dense. I emailed them asking if I had met the requirements, and they told me that I had not because I had made 2 payments using their Bill Pay service, but that was excluded. WTF is an "Automated payment" that qualifies? Can someone give me an example?Its any "pull" from an outside source. You need to enter the withdrawal request in a system other than Key's.So if I pull money twice from my Citibank account it will work? How stupid!

Unfortunately that won't work. They decided not to let transfers between banks to count this time. The only direct deposits that count are payroll and government benefits. I used credit card payments for mine (I just split up the payment in two, and had qualified within a few days). You could also use your utilities, insurance, etc.

dproberts55 said: Unfortunately that won't work. They decided not to let transfers between banks to count this time. The only direct deposits that count are payroll and government benefits. I used credit card payments for mine (I just split up the payment in two, and had qualified within a few days). You could also use your utilities, insurance, etc.I paid the only utility that doesn't have a way of being paid by credit card via bill pay.

I guess I will go to the Schwab Visa or AMEX sites and set up the card there. Ugh, now I have go find the account info again.

billrubin said: I paid the only utility that doesn't have a way of being paid by credit card via bill pay.
You need to pay it via ACH, at the biller/utility company site. Not use a debit/credit card no. to make the payment.

ETA: See this post and this post in a earlier Key promotion thread.

uutxs said: billrubin said: I paid the only utility that doesn't have a way of being paid by credit card via bill pay.
You need to pay it via ACH, at the biller/utility company site. Not use a debit/credit card no. to make the payment.
I added it to AMEX and Schwab Visa and scheduled $100 payments at each of them. That should do it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014