• 14 5 67822
  • Page
  • Text Only
Debating whether to sign up for this at the last minute. I did the iPod nano deal with Key bank in the past and was "upgraded" to the latest generation iPod nano that was only about a month or two old at that time, but a key (no pun intended) difference was that in that year, you had up until October 31st to complete the requirements and this year you only have until October 1st. With the annual Apple iPod model refresh likely happening in mid September, this makes things a bit more unlikely I would get the very latest generation.

Unlike some others who have posted, based on my experience with the Nano offer, I don't think Key bank buys a big lot of iPods ahead of this promotion. They probably do however place a batch order once a certain number of customers become eligible for their gift. Who knows, could be wrong.

I'd go for it and wait until the last minute to complete the steps to qualify for the ipod.

I agree that it appears KeyBank buys the ipods only after people complete the requirements so they aren't stuck with extra ipods after the promotion. And I don't think it will be easy for KeyBank to buy 3G ipods after the 4G comes out. They give themselves 90 days to fulfil requirements, so I am guessing that the iTouch will come in mid-November for those that wait until the end of September to complete the requirements.

In fact, it could be that everybody who is waiting right now will get the next generation of ipod since I have only heard about one set of ipods being delivered.

as soon as you get your iPod Touch in Apple Store and get Apple Gift Card. Buy new model when it comes out (new model prices sometimes go down)
stevenash said: Debating whether to sign up for this at the last minute. I did the iPod nano deal with Key bank in the past and was "upgraded" to the latest generation iPod nano that was only about a month or two old at that time, but a key (no pun intended) difference was that in that year, you had up until October 31st to complete the requirements and this year you only have until October 1st. With the annual Apple iPod model refresh likely happening in mid September, this makes things a bit more unlikely I would get the very latest generation.

Unlike some others who have posted, based on my experience with the Nano offer, I don't think Key bank buys a big lot of iPods ahead of this promotion. They probably do however place a batch order once a certain number of customers become eligible for their gift. Who knows, could be wrong.

Are you saying we can return iPod Tocuh to Apple Store and get refund as gift card?

krk77 said: as soon as you get your iPod Touch in Apple Store and get Apple Gift Card. Buy new model when it comes out (new model prices sometimes go down)
stevenash said: Debating whether to sign up for this at the last minute. I did the iPod nano deal with Key bank in the past and was "upgraded" to the latest generation iPod nano that was only about a month or two old at that time, but a key (no pun intended) difference was that in that year, you had up until October 31st to complete the requirements and this year you only have until October 1st. With the annual Apple iPod model refresh likely happening in mid September, this makes things a bit more unlikely I would get the very latest generation.

Yes. if it in original packaging, get store credit (to be safe mention that you got it as a gift and want to buy something else from Apple soon)

iUSB said: Are you saying we can return iPod Tocuh to Apple Store and get refund as gift card?

krk77 said: as soon as you get your iPod Touch in Apple Store and get Apple Gift Card. Buy new model when it comes out (new model prices sometimes go down)

jason25 said: dproberts55 said: jason25 said: I called this past Friday (7/9), and the rep at my local bank actually told me to call back in 2 weeks (7/23) when they got the new ship list. They better not charge me. lol It will only be my second call though.

Any word yet if you are on the updated list? I'm thinking of checking myself.

I just called and the rep at the local branch said that I am not on the list. He told me that the list updates every other week and will update again next week on the 30th so call back then. I am headed to Quebec August 22nd so I hope I get it before then, my luck it will show up the 23rd! lol He is guessing that I will be on the next list since some people that completed the week or two before me were on the current list. :crosses finger:

So when you actually complete the offer, and are you on the shipping list yet?

I completed the offer July 2nd and as of the 29th I wasn't on the list. I don't know when the list gets updated, I keep hearing different dates. The lady I spoke with yesterday said she would call me on 8/2 when the list gets updated.

jason25 said: I completed the offer July 2nd and as of the 29th I wasn't on the list. I don't know when the list gets updated, I keep hearing different dates. The lady I spoke with yesterday said she would call me on 8/2 when the list gets updated.

Key ever call you? I'm just trying to figure out if they are going to do another shipment in Aug or not, I hope they do!

Nope, didn't get a call. I ended up calling and talked to someone at a call center and the lady checked the latest list she had from the 23rd and also a list from the 16th and told me I wasn't on either list. That just got me confused because all I heard was the list was update bi-weekly. She said she hadn't received a list from the 30th, and to wait another week and check back. She told me that I should have it by Oct. 1st which would be 90 days from completing the requirements. I am impatient and want to talk to whoever adds people to the list. lol I hope I get it by the 21st of this month. I might call my local rep today and see if she has a new list.

jason25 said: Nope, didn't get a call. I ended up calling and talked to someone at a call center and the lady checked the latest list she had from the 23rd and also a list from the 16th and told me I wasn't on either list. That just got me confused because all I heard was the list was update bi-weekly. She said she hadn't received a list from the 30th, and to wait another week and check back. She told me that I should have it by Oct. 1st which would be 90 days from completing the requirements. I am impatient and want to talk to whoever adds people to the list. lol I hope I get it by the 21st of this month. I might call my local rep today and see if she has a new list.
Similar thing happened to me. I called on Friday the 23rd and they said the list was from the 16th and I wasn't on it. I then called on Friday the 30th and they said that list was from the 23rd and I wasn't on that list either. I think I will just stop calling and hope that I get it soon.

Does anyone know when the list actually updates? Which day of the week and weekly or bi-weekly? It seems that we haven't gotten a straight answer. The local reps just tell me to call back in a week.

Got email for spouse and self fedex 2 days shipping Aug 13th ... lucky date for us ... met the requirements on 23rd June

got mine this morning also for a Friday the 13th shipment, met requirements June 2nd.

got mine this morning and completed my requiremnents on June 23rd as well. can't Wait!!

Got my shipment email this morning, met requirements June 24th. Said it should be here by Friday... pretty good shipping!

Me too! I met the requirements on July 8th.

I met mine on July 14th, got the shipment email. Less than 30 days. Go Key! A delivery signature is required BTW.

Got the same email this morning. delivery date this Friday as well. Go, Key!

It says that the account can't be overdrawn as of october 1, does that mean that you can't over draw even once until after october 1 or you can't be overdrawn ON october 1? I requested a confirmation email saying that I met the requirements which I met them on the 22nd of July. A few days later I went overdrawn by a few dollars which I took care of immediately... does that disqualify me?

dougiestylez said: It says that the account can't be overdrawn as of october 1, does that mean that you can't over draw even once until after october 1 or you can't be overdrawn ON october 1? I requested a confirmation email saying that I met the requirements which I met them on the 22nd of July. A few days later I went overdrawn by a few dollars which I took care of immediately... does that disqualify me?

I am no expert - but think it means that you cannot be overdrawn from the time you opened the account to Oct 1st.

Got my delivery confirmation too! Sweet! Will get it this Friday, just in time to use it for my rotations which start Monday.

dougiestylez said: It says that the account can't be overdrawn as of october 1, does that mean that you can't over draw even once until after october 1 or you can't be overdrawn ON october 1? I requested a confirmation email saying that I met the requirements which I met them on the 22nd of July. A few days later I went overdrawn by a few dollars which I took care of immediately... does that disqualify me?

How did this happen? I mean, how can you let this account get overdrawn? I am not sure, but my guess is you lost the ipod.
With all the fees involved, why do people not make sure to never overdraw, but even more in this case, with the ipod being in jeopardy?

looks like they do monthly shipments for all those still trying to complete the offer and wondering when they will get their ipod...

I overdrew my account early last week also, but saw it the morning that all of the transactions went through. I threw some money back into it before they charged me any fees and got my confirmation email. I would call and ask a service rep.

I emailed key and they said that as long as my account has a positive balance ON October 1 then I will still be eligible for the ipod. Any prior overdrafts to my account don't matter as long as I brought it positive by october1. So YAY!

Still dream of old offer where two Ipods were sent to each address, oh well, off to Apple Store with sealed box time to upgrade to 32 MB model.

hey booksleuth...just wondering how you will upgrade to the 32mb model?? Apple will accept your 8gb model on a trade in or something?!

Hello apple retail store employee, I received this IPOD touch as I gift. I would like to exchange it for a more expensive model, as you can see the IPOD 8 GB is still sealed. May I exchange it for the apple product (32 GB IPOD touch), I really wanted and pay the difference in cost ?

whats the difference in cost between the 8GB theyre sending out and the 32GB latest release?

also, do i have to make one PIN-less debit transaction or will using my debit card as a credit card work? i'm not sure how to find a retailer that offerd PIN-less transactions. then again, im a total newb to all of this.

It doesn't matter if it's a pin transaction or a signature transaction, either one will work but i know that at safeway, to do a credit transaction, when it asks you for your pin, hit cancel, then hit credit. How do I know this? Because I'm a safeway employee, dun dun DUUUNNN!!!

christopherjay said: whats the difference in cost between the 8GB theyre sending out and the 32GB latest release?

also, do i have to make one PIN-less debit transaction or will using my debit card as a credit card work? i'm not sure how to find a retailer that offerd PIN-less transactions. then again, im a total newb to all of this.

IPod model comparison: $199 for 8GB, $299 for 32GB, and $399 for 64GB.

Anyone received 2nd round ipod touch?

Got 2 ipods (8GB)

It just arrived!

Came back to add that I'm using it to edit this post while it's charging on my computer and downloading the iTunes update.

Pretty darn nifty gadget!

Thanks, Key!

So, when did those of you just now getting their ipods fulfill the requirements? I fulfilled mine on July 22, does anyone have a guess as to when I should expect it?

Received mine today. Qualified on 6/30. It's an 8GB 2nd Generation (model A1288). I am contemplating trying to exchange it for a 32GB at the Apple Store as booksleuth suggested... mostly because that one has a microphone.

ya but, the question i have is...can we get them to give us a giftcard for now for $199...then wait till mid-september to get the new Ipod Touch that is coming out??....I want the NEW model, but 32gb one...cause the price of this 8gb will drop as soon as the new model hits...also, the 32gb models have better CPU and video chip..much snappier!

Fulfilled all requirements on June 30th. Didn't get any email. But I got my ipod touch today. Amazing!

also, the 32gb models have better CPU and video chip..much snappier!
... and a shorter battery life, unfortunately. Everything comes with a price.

I fulfilled my requirements on july 23rd and just waiting for that magic email........hoping it to be here before the new ones are announced so i can either sell it or get an Apple Store credit (if this method works)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014