• 1 2 34522
  • Page
  • Text Only
The promotion area is not quite accurate. Cleveland, Eastern OH, Idaho, Western NY, Oregon, Seattle Cascades, South Puget Sound, Central NY, Rochester, Maine, Northwest OH, Michigan, and Capital Region NY.
According to: https://www.key.com/gen/html/mkt-q210-touch-faq.html

When are the new ipods coming out? It may be best to time/delay the promotion so that we are more likely to receive the newer version.

MrNovember said: When are the new ipods coming out? It may be best to time/delay the promotion so that we are more likely to receive the newer version.

June 7th - 11th would be my guess.

I created a Buffalo NY address for signing up and used an alternate address for mailing. I funded the account with $50 and am waiting to see what happens. If I don't get the deal I'll complain a little to someone and just close my account. I received an e-mail saying my account is open and funded, waiting for my banking info in the mail.

CreamySpinach said: I created a Buffalo NY address for signing up and used an alternate address for mailing.Does using a false address break any laws related to opening bank accounts?

keybank looks like feebank, and it sounds like you'll get the ipod touch in october. be sure to close this out as soon as you get the reward past 180days or you'll be bleeding money with annual fees and various charges.

If we get our ipods in october, and the new ipods come in the fall, shouldn't we be getting the latest version?

MrNovember said: If we get our ipods in october, and the new ipods come in the fall, shouldn't we be getting the latest version?Pot luck. It's not like the older models won't still be around for ordering. Speculating about what model you will get is simply a waste of time. Expect the old model, and be happy if you get the new one.

molecule said: keybank looks like feebank, and it sounds like you'll get the ipod touch in october. be sure to close this out as soon as you get the reward past 180days or you'll be bleeding money with annual fees and various charges.Maybe you should refuse to take the ipod as a protest for their fees.

MrNovember said: If we get our ipods in october, and the new ipods come in the fall, shouldn't we be getting the latest version?
More likely they will buy leftovers of the current generation in bulk for cheap (but the 1099 will list the full MSRP as its value).

It keeps telling me "The Offer Code entered does not match the account type selected." I am selecting "KeyBank Rewards Debit MasterCard ($0.00 first year fee, $20.00 annually there after)" What am I doing wrong?

It keeps telling me "The Offer Code entered does not match the account type selected." I am selecting "KeyBank Rewards Debit MasterCard ($0.00 first year fee, $20.00 annually there after)" What am I doing wrong?

sammyonfw said: get this message
We are unable to complete your request.
Please clear your cookies and retry again

or

Please visit your local branch to open an account.

I got the same message using Firefox. I tried again with Internet Explorer and it approved my application.

If we get our ipods in october, and the new ipods come in the fall, shouldn't we be getting the latest version?

This is exactly what happened to me a few years ago with Keybank's Ipod nano offer. When I opened the account the second generation nano was current, however by the time I received mine, it was the new third generation. I was pretty happy about that. So it probably depends on when the new Ipod comes out and when they make the fulfillments.

I was wondering which version we would get as well. I fulfilled all of my requirements as of yesterday so I guess it really all depends on when they send out the iPod's. I am assuming I will get a 3rd generation, but would be pretty happy if I got the new one when it is released.

Did anyone else receive phone calls after opening the account? I received calls yesterday and today at around 9:30 AM from my local branch.

erisaaka said: It keeps telling me "The Offer Code entered does not match the account type selected." I am selecting "KeyBank Rewards Debit MasterCard ($0.00 first year fee, $20.00 annually there after)" What am I doing wrong?It's only valid in certain areas, and excludes the NYC Metro area.

Has anyone ever closed account at Keybank? Do we need to go the branch in person to close the account or phone call will work? I am leaving WA in August, and can't go to the branch to close the account. Thanks!

caterpillar123 said: Did anyone else receive phone calls after opening the account? I received calls yesterday and today at around 9:30 AM from my local branch.
Yes, I received a call to make sure I received all my stuff (I didn't - and haven't - yet. Still waiting on my checks and rewards card, etc...)

caterpillar123 said: Did anyone else receive phone calls after opening the account? I received calls yesterday and today at around 9:30 AM from my local branch.

Yeah same here. I don't like phone calls from anyone. I can deal with emails easy enough. Damn them. Just give me my Ipod. lol

sonnet said: Has anyone ever closed account at Keybank? Do we need to go the branch in person to close the account or phone call will work? I am leaving WA in August, and can't go to the branch to close the account. Thanks!

i applied for the offer, met the qualifications and awaiting fulfillment;

i was reading through the paperwork they pass out after you open(i'm at work and can not check at the moment)and there was a blurb that if the account is zero'ed out, they will automatically close it. i'm thinking write a check for the exact dollar amount, deposit in your main bank account and problem solved.

FYI, I had to call in to order my debit card. For some reason, they did not order me a debit card when I opened my account online.

how long after online opening did u guys receive account materials? tia

actiontec23 said: how long after online opening did u guys receive account materials? tia

Took about a week. It was just a letter with one form to sign and send back, and one direct deposit form to give to your employer.
With one account, the debit card arrived on the same day with the other letter, on the other it did not. In fact, for the second account, we did not get the debit card even by now, 10 days later.

How long does it typically take to get the gift, in this case the ipod? I fulfilled all of the requirements in early May. I know they say within 90 days, but I was wondering if I can expect it much earlier or if they wait til the last minute.

Key Bank guy told me today they had iPods in the warehouse and they were the 8GB 3rd gen versions. Should get mine in 90 days!!!

If you are in the NY metro area, you may stop by some of the branches in the hudson valley.
Croton-on-Hudson,Newburgh,Poughkeepsie and Yonker.

I went to the one in Yonkers, a brand new branch. Very nice people there, they even hand out some free mugs.

https://www.key.com/gen/html/denovo-hudson-valley-branches.html#...

ECereal said: Key Bank guy told me today they had iPods in the warehouse and they were the 8GB 3rd gen versions. Should get mine in 90 days!!!

I thought the current 8GB ipod touch is the second gen, and only 16GB & 32GB are 3rd gen. No?

Yep. I think you're right. Hopefully the guy was wrong about the 8GB part! GOOOOOAAAALLLLL!

From apple's website:

iPod touch (3rd generation) features a 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen multi-touch display and 32 GB or 64 GB flash drive. You can browse the web with Safari and watch YouTube videos with Wi-Fi. You can also search, preview, and buy songs from the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store on iPod touch.

The iPod touch (3rd generation) can be distinguished from iPod touch (2nd generation) by looking at the back of the device. In the text below the engraving, look for the model number. iPod touch (2nd generation) is model A1288, and iPod touch (3rd generation) is model A1318.

flix02 said: ECereal said: Key Bank guy told me today they had iPods in the warehouse and they were the 8GB 3rd gen versions. Should get mine in 90 days!!!

I thought the current 8GB ipod touch is the second gen, and only 16GB & 32GB are 3rd gen. No?

Technically you are correct, but Apple rebranded the 2nd generation 8gb as a 3rd generation 8gb.

Is there any way to tell when they ship out the ipod's? Would customer service know?

xceebeex said: Is there any way to tell when they ship out the ipod's? Would customer service know?

I don't know if customer service would know (doubt it), but I am sure that if you'd ask, the reply would be something like: "... within 90 days of the day you fullfilled all the requirements ...".

xceebeex said: Is there any way to tell when they ship out the ipod's? Would customer service know?

I did the iPod nano deal with Key Bank a few years ago and when the gift was shipped I got an email from FedEx that I had a package coming from "Fulfillment Center".

I completed my transactions by late August and the iPod shipped on 10/1.

Dahliabug said: xceebeex said: Is there any way to tell when they ship out the ipod's? Would customer service know?

I did the iPod nano deal with Key Bank a few years ago and when the gift was shipped I got an email from FedEx that I had a package coming from "Fulfillment Center".

I completed my transactions by late August and the iPod shipped on 10/1.

Thanks for the data point. I completed my transactions in early May and I haven't seen an email or the iPod, but hopefully soon.

I called, and if you have closed an account in the past year, they said you are not eligible. Anybody see any issues with having the wife open an account, and setting up a $100 direct deposit from MY job to her account? (she's not working at the moment) The CSR said address does not matter, just name on the account

igtgb said: Anybody see any issues with having the wife open an account, and setting up a $100 direct deposit from MY job to her account?

That works fine, I have set up a deposit from my employer into my wifes keybank account (for the #2 ipod , we have two kids). The name does not appear anywhere.

Someone in a forum at SlickDeals said they expect the first batch to go out shortly after July 2 (probably July 6--odds are they are closed on July 5). Reason being:
slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=30590642&post said: count=244 I received an email today stating that I fulfilled the requirements. But it also stated that accounts that are closed or overdrawn as of July 2 will not qualify.
If the shipment is dependent on the account status as of July 2, they likely won't send them out before that. My banker told me they ship in batches every two weeks.

I also have my requirements fulfilled and am waiting.

igtgb said: I called, and if you have closed an account in the past year, they said you are not eligible. Anybody see any issues with having the wife open an account, and setting up a $100 direct deposit from MY job to her account? (she's not working at the moment) The CSR said address does not matter, just name on the account

That is for business only. Consumers just couldn't of had an open account after 4/30/10.

https://www.key.com/gen/html/mkt-q210-touch-faq.html
Notice that Consumer and Business are kept seperate. I called twice and both said I was not eligible since I closed an account early Jan. 2010 so I decided to read the rules and had them note my account.

ipineapple said: xceebeex said: Is there any way to tell when they ship out the ipod's? Would customer service know?
Someone in a forum at SlickDeals said they expect the first batch to go out shortly after July 2 (probably July 6--odds are they are closed on July 5). Reason being:
slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=30590642&post said: ]count=244 I received an email today stating that I fulfilled the requirements. But it also stated that accounts that are closed or overdrawn as of July 2 will not qualify.
If the shipment is dependent on the account status as of July 2, they likely won't send them out before that. My banker told me they ship in batches every two weeks.

Did you get an email stating that you met the requirements? I don't remember getting one, but I remember asking CS if I met everything and they said yes.

xceebeex said: ipineapple said: xceebeex said: Is there any way to tell when they ship out the ipod's? Would customer service know?
slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=30590642&post said: ]]count=244 I received an email today stating that I fulfilled the requirements. But it also stated that accounts that are closed or overdrawn as of July 2 will not qualify.

Did you get an email stating that you met the requirements? I don't remember getting one, but I remember asking CS if I met everything and they said yes.

I did get an email stating that I met the requirements, after asking for one.
The email also stated the July 2 requirement (open account and not overdrawn at that date).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014