• 117 18 19202122
  • Page
  • Text Only
An AppleTV will be a great accessory for use with the AirPlay feature on your iPod touch. lol.

olliewalliewhiskers said: multitasking is the main reason i would upgrade to 4th gen. it's unsupported on the 2nd/3rd gen 8gb model.

plus the external mic makes VoIP calls nicer, though it still works best with the headphones+mic. i really wish they came with the 4th gen. oh well, can't have everything.

What can you do with the multitasking on an ipod?
So far, this has only been annoying to me, as all of the apps I use remain in memory, and at some point I have to manually shut them down. There is no way that I know of to exit an app and make it go away. I don't see that problem with the 2nd gen. I am sure I just don't know how to use it right. Any suggestions? The screen is not really big enough to have two apps showing at the same time, and that does not work anyway, correct?

Mine doesn't multitask, but the times I usually miss it is when I'm waiting for a dog-slow website to load, and I could be watching a movie while I wait. (especially if it's a large webpage, like FWF since I have it set to show 100 posts per page. I forgot all about how web-browsing in the 90s was about page rendering and not just connection speed; the pod apparently suffers both)

One of the better features of multitasking on the iPod or iPhone is being able to run an App like Pandora in the background while surfing the web or playing a game.

flix02 said:
So far, this has only been annoying to me, as all of the apps I use remain in memory, and at some point I have to manually shut them down.

This is a common misconception... that list is not the task manager, it is more like the most recent apps opened.
So most of them aren't really in memory. You don't have to close them.

Wow, talk about annoying, I got a 2g model, and my wife got hers today and it's a 4g. I called customer service to complain and find out why I got a 2g and was basically told "it's the luck of the draw, too bad". My wife did have to pick hers up at the branch though, and was originally told she didn't qualify because she didn't activate her "rewards" account online. She did qualify before 10/1 though, so I don't see why she would get a better model than I did. Bah, now she's rubbing it in my face too. ah the joys of marriage.

NYBonk said: Wow, talk about annoying, I got a 2g model, and my wife got hers today and it's a 4g. I called customer service to complain and find out why I got a 2g and was basically told "it's the luck of the draw, too bad". My wife did have to pick hers up at the branch though, and was originally told she didn't qualify because she didn't activate her "rewards" account online. She did qualify before 10/1 though, so I don't see why she would get a better model than I did. Bah, now she's rubbing it in my face too. ah the joys of marriage.

Wow, that is so weird. I would be a bit miffed too. I guess you get to be the bigger person. If you have a Fred Meyer close by try upgrading there, it worked for me.

NYBonk said: Wow, talk about annoying, I got a 2g model, and my wife got hers today and it's a 4g. I called customer service to complain and find out why I got a 2g and was basically told "it's the luck of the draw, too bad". My wife did have to pick hers up at the branch though, and was originally told she didn't qualify because she didn't activate her "rewards" account online. She did qualify before 10/1 though, so I don't see why she would get a better model than I did. Bah, now she's rubbing it in my face too. ah the joys of marriage.
When did you and your wife complete the offer? I did around sept 7th and have yet to get my ipod. Also where do they send the email with the shipping info? To my key bank alerts or to my email address?

my wife completed on 9/30, i completed mine on 9/14 and i got mine two weeks ago and she got hers yesterday. The shipping info was sent to our emails but it ended up in the spam filter.

NYBonk said: my wife completed on 9/30, i completed mine on 9/14 and i got mine two weeks ago and she got hers yesterday. The shipping info was sent to our emails but it ended up in the spam filter.

Interesting. I completed mine on 9/12 and haven't heard anything yet. Do you mind sharing the sender address or subject of the email notification you received? I'd like to search my spam folder.

JustDaveMamm said: We got ours ... I took them to a retail store today (no - I'm not going to name it - yet)...

Ok, I'll now name it. It was WalMart and as luck would have it, the CS Manager (a very nice guy) was at the Returns counter when I went in at a slack time (11am). I let him know that I would buy 2 - 4th Gen Touches if I could exchange the two I had in the car, for store credit, right now. he said to bring them in, looked them over (still in white sleeves), confirmed they were new/unopened/unused and did the transaction. So I got one (the 32G model) right then and store card for the remainder as they had only the one 32G and no 8G's. Got full retail price + tax back.

The 8G models came in yesterday, so I got mine, effectively costing me only $30.

ps Whistle Softphone works great for free voip calls on it.

JustDaveMamm said: JustDaveMamm said: We got ours ... I took them to a retail store today (no - I'm not going to name it - yet)...

Ok, I'll now name it. It was WalMart and as luck would have it, the CS Manager (a very nice guy) was at the Returns counter when I went in at a slack time (11am). I let him know that I would buy 2 - 4th Gen Touches if I could exchange the two I had in the car, for store credit, right now. he said to bring them in, looked them over (still in white sleeves), confirmed they were new/unopened/unused and did the transaction. So I got one (the 32G model) right then and store card for the remainder as they had only the one 32G and no 8G's. Got full retail price + tax back.

The 8G models came in yesterday, so I got mine, effectively costing me only $30.

ps Whistle Softphone works great for free voip calls on it.

Thanks for letting us know, I wish I knew this for the last shipments so I could have tried there . I got $179.99 back (definitely not complaining about that) but would have loved to have full retail. I had to fork out $120 to upgrade. Just curious, what did the upgrade end up costing you?

NYBonk thanks for the quick response, just called key and was told that mine actually shipped today to expect it next week.

OK gang. I received mine about a week ago and per my previous post, it was a 8Gb 2G based on the model number. I am surprised Wal-Mart allowed "ifly's" exchange since I thought they scanned in the serial number as well.

In my case, I went over to Sam's Club and while the regular CS rep wouldn't allow an exchange/refund without original receipt, I asked for a supervisor who was actually standing beside her. He looked up the sku, confirmed they still had inventory, asked if I had a membership - I told him I was here at least once a week - which is true... He then said "OK" sure, this one time only. I can see that it's never been opened (white wrapping still on it).

I upgraded to the 32GB 4G for about $101 difference. I am very happy with the swap. Now, however, given that they will soon be carrying the IPAD, I am musing about perhaps doing another trade-up to the IPAD 16GB wi-fi only model since I haven't opened this unit up yet.

I am feeling partially guilty since I have a perfectly good, working 5yr old 80GB IPOD classic. with an approx $200 difference, it would be nice to just get the ipad. I know - 16GB vs 32GB, no face time, no camera, but the more I look at sinking $300 into a music player, the more a 10" IPAD appeals to me... I just can't justify spending more than $500 on a pure toy...

If you have been following the tablet market and you heard Steve Jobs' rant on the Apple financial call this week, I suspect the next gen IPAD might in fact creep up a bit in price.. His opinion is that 7" multi-touch devices will be DOA. The screen is far too small for human fingers. So that negates any possibility of Apple releasing something smaller. He also mentioned that with the current pricing announcements around the Samsung tab and some of the other pricing being bounced around, nobody is ready to beat the IPAD on pricing and while most will have cameras, they will all have small unusable screens. In addition, apple stock took a bit of beating after the call due to some margin erosion which they blame on the IPAD.

I was thinking of waiting for the next gen with a camera and possibly more flash for the same cash, but he might just up the price a bit like the 8GB Touch which seems to have gone UP from $190/$199 to $229. That's 15-20%! Unless I'm wrong on the last gen 8GB touch pricing...

Anyone else consider trying to trade up from their 8Gb ipod to an ipad?

Just a small correction, I actually upgraded at Fred Meyer. I wished I knew that WalMart would do it since I may have saved $20 in the upgrade.

Called today (can't log into the website anymore for some reason..), was checked, and said, "Glad you called! It'll ship on the 3rd!" or be there on the 3rd. Not sure which. Either way, sounds like it's incoming.

Not sure that would be the case if I didn't call, though. Spidey Sense and all that...

when did you qualify? i think i'll call next week if i don't see it by then.

Just before the 1st of October, I think. I tried to stretch it out as long as possible in hopes of getting a 4g. Either way, it'll make a great x-mas present for someone. Hopefully the Bank of the West one is a 4g.

I just emailed them also, and they told me mine is due to be shipped on Nov 3rd (subject to change). Cool. Wonder if it's a 4g?

Seriously....annoying doublepost. I even refreshed the thread to see if my post made it before posting again (it hadn't). Whatever.

I completed the requirements on 8/31, and just emailed them today. Said mine would be shipped by November. No specific date. Sounds like generic response from them just like the one I got around the beginning of the month. Wonder if anyone was on the same boat?

I just called, they also said Nov 3rd. Looks like the next batch is coming next week.

After I was told it shipped last friday I called back and was also told NOV 3rd and that the email would go to my key account, which I can't login to and am on hold now with online banking tech support.

emailed about mine and they said mine will ship the 3rd of nov too. fingers crossed for a 4g.

Hoping for the 4g for all you out there. They are awesome!

Got mine last month (Oct.).
It was a 8gb 4gen and I am very happy!!
Live in NY...
BTW: I should be also qualified for the $25 itunes card. But I didn't receive it yet. Is it normal to have itune card sent separately?

Called customer care of Keybank, she said only one type of ipod touch they've sent which sureley not the 4th generation.

I called customer care today and they said my name was on the ship list going out Nov 3. She did not know which generation ipod touch it was. No other info was given.

Sorry for the repeat post

From Keybank online: I have reviewed your account, and found that your iPod has a projected ship date of November 3, 2010. Please understand this is only a projected ship date based upon availability of the iPods by the distributor. We are working diligently to have all promotional items shipped out to our new clients.

You can expect to receive a e-mail from FedEx once the item ships. This will include a tracking number for your records. I hope you enjoy your new iPod.

Anyone get an e-mail confirmation? I smell someone blowing smoke....

No email as of today. Some people here said they never got emails and that their iPods just showed up unexpected. Maybe check your spam filters?

I called. They said it shipped out today. Said I'd have it Friday. Said if I didn't have it Friday to call and they could give me a tracking # but they didn't have one now.

dealfinder500 said: I called. They said it shipped out today. Said I'd have it Friday. Said if I didn't have it Friday to call and they could give me a tracking # but they didn't have one now.

You guys are lucky. I called and said my name wasn't on the most recent shipping list yet. I fulfilled my requirements on 8/31 and they told me to patiently wait 90 days...

I was told to "be at home waiting to receive it" today. Not that I expected it, but it didn't arrive...

.. I'll be damned .. just got the shipping e-mail!

This tracking update has been requested by:

Company Name: FULFILLMENT CENTER
Name: FULFILLMENT CENTER
E-mail: 'not provided by requestor'

iPod has been shipped. Use this
tracking number to follow your
iPod on www.fedex.com
________________________________________________________________________________

FULFILLMENT CENTER of FULFILLMENT CENTER sent DANIEL RICHARDSON
1 FedEx 2Day package(s).

This shipment is scheduled to be sent on 11/04/2010.

Reference information includes:
Invoice number: 06689
Purchase order number: I
Reference: 28633103
Special handling/Services: Residential Delivery
Direct Signature Required
Deliver Weekday

Got the shipping notice! Qualified 9/9/10.
FedEx says expected delivery is Nov 8, 2010 by 7:00 PM but hopefully that will change.

Ditto This tracking update has been requested by:

Company Name: FULFILLMENT CENTER
Name: FULFILLMENT CENTER
E-mail: 'not provided by requestor'

iPod has been shipped. Use this
tracking number to follow your
iPod on www.fedex.com

well, keybank didn't lie, i got my notification on november 3rd (at 11:58PM!) haha. crossing fingers for 4g!

sorry about double post, this forum is different =)

yep, got my shipping notice today. expected delivery: 11/8.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014