• 11819 20 2122
  • Page
  • Text Only
KeithGormezano said: I think that Key Bank has mishandled this whole iPod touch promotion.

Nowhere in Key Bank's promotional materials does it state what generation (2nd, 3rd or 4th) of iPod touch you will receive.

When I got mine, a second generation 8 GB iPod touch (about two-three years out of date), I complained to Key Bank via the Better Business Bureau that since the 3rd generation could be purchased when I signed up, that should be what I would receive as that would be a reasonable consumer expectation.

Key Bank declined to make things right. Key Bank's position was that they promised an iPod touch and that was what I received. I guess the equivalent would be winning a car but receiving one that was 10 years old. They also said that they bought all the iPod touches at the beginning of the offer and that, therefore, it didn't matter when you qualified that everyone would all get the same.

Unfortunately, today I found out that people who had signed up with this Key Bank promotion after me were receiving the new 4th generation iPod touches instead. Apparently, they ran out of the older models. I am not very happy with Key Bank about this.

Waaaaaa...

I received a 2nd Gen as well but my goodness is it really worth the whining??? They didn't say which model we would receive, just like you said. Not sure what you're complaining about you got exactly what was offered to you when you signed up. You knew that if you fulfilled their requirements you would receive an ipod Touch, and you did. End of story. I guess this is a learning experience for those of us who completed this early, wait until the last minute to fulfill the requirements and if there's an upgrade you'll have a better chance getting it. Try to enjoy your 2nd Gen and be happy for the free gift from Key.

KeithGormezano said: I think that Key Bank has mishandled this whole iPod touch promotion.

Nowhere in Key Bank's promotional materials does it state what generation (2nd, 3rd or 4th) of iPod touch you will receive.

When I got mine, a second generation 8 GB iPod touch (about two-three years out of date), I complained to Key Bank via the Better Business Bureau that since the 3rd generation could be purchased when I signed up, that should be what I would receive as that would be a reasonable consumer expectation.

You are mistaken. The iPod you received was actually the one they (unofficially) advertised. the 2nd gen 8GB iPod touch was in Apple's current product line until early September. It's not two-three years out of date, but 2 months.
When you opened your account, the 4th generation didn't exist and the current 8GB model was the 2nd gen. You can't blame Key because Apple updated the product line during a their promotion...
Everyone should have expected the 2nd gen. Those who got the new ones are just lucky.

Key Bank declined to make things right. Key Bank's position was that they promised an iPod touch and that was what I received. I guess the equivalent would be winning a car but receiving one that was 10 years old. They also said that they bought all the iPod touches at the beginning of the offer and that, therefore, it didn't matter when you qualified that everyone would all get the same.

Unfortunately, today I found out that people who had signed up with this Key Bank promotion after me were receiving the new 4th generation iPod touches instead. Apparently, they ran out of the older models. I am not very happy with Key Bank about this.

Customers like you are the problem. It was a promotion, you signed up and completed the requirements and got your gift.
It's not that you think key bank mishandled the whole promotion, it's that you're jealous some people got a newer model than you.
If you really want to argue, look at the picture in the ad
It ISN'T a 4th generation. So you did get what you signed up for.

I expected, and received, an older model. One that seemed to be a store return or something. The case showed obvious signs that it was opened & resealed. The battery life is 1/3 of my other Ipod Touch (recently purchased).

I am just wondering what the tax form will report as the value of the IPod. If they are reporting it as $199, they are lying. It's an old model, possibly a refurb, and $150 would be closer to the real value.

jjj2003jjj said: xceebeex said: Man, I am kicking myself now for not waiting. I have been pretty unhappy with the performance of mine ever since iOS 4 was installed. Oh well, I use it less now anyway since I recently got a Samsung Fascinate for my first smartphone.

I just read an article saying the Apple is coming out the iOS 4.2 next week. The preliminary test of the final beta by some end users suggesting that the iOS 4.2 does resolve some performance problem on the older version of iPhone and iTouch using the iOS 4 and 4.1. May worth a try.

That is what they said about 4.1 too though. I have pretty much gave up on Apple. I use the iPod in the gym and that is pretty much it. I use my Fascinate for everything else.

Qualified on 10/30 and got a 4G as well here in Portland.

So now that it's time for it: what is the easiest / best way to close the account? Can this be done somehow without calling or walking into a branch?

Just to fill everybody in, my wife and I each received a 4G iPod Touch, both 8GB of course.

Congrats to all those who waited until September to fulfill the requirements.

flix02 said: So now that it's time for it: what is the easiest / best way to close the account? Can this be done somehow without calling or walking into a branch?A. Try "Contact Us" in online banking.
B. Write KeyBank a letter.
C. Telepathy.

flix02 said: So now that it's time for it: what is the easiest / best way to close the account? Can this be done somehow without calling or walking into a branch?

If you close you account within 6 months after opening your account, there is a penalty fee per the terms and conditions for this promotion. It is clearly stated.
If you want to keep your account, you may want to switch your debit card to the non-rewards program. The reward earning program is only free for the first year.

Waited till end of September to meet the requirements. Got a 4th Gen. iPod Touch 8GB delivered this past week.

jjj2003jjj said: flix02 said: So now that it's time for it: what is the easiest / best way to close the account? Can this be done somehow without calling or walking into a branch?

If you close you account within 6 months after opening your account, there is a penalty fee per the terms and conditions for this promotion. It is clearly stated.
If you want to keep your account, you may want to switch your debit card to the non-rewards program. The reward earning program is only free for the first year.

Yes, I know, I need to wait another week to make it > 6 months, and I will wait a little longer even to be on the safe side.
I want to close the accounts, and I am looking for the most efficient way of doing this, especially my wifes account. I want avoid having to drag her into a branch.

FYI, I received a 4G version on 9 Nov 2010.

billrubin said: luckybob04 said: My second direct deposit will be deposited October 1st. I think I'm cutting it a little too close... You think? What happens if it gets delayed for some unforseen reason that has never happened before and will never happen again?Got this today:

"Thank you for contacting Key. I appreciate your e-mail expressing your interest in our current checking account promotion.

I am happy to tell you that you completed the transaction requirements as of October 1, 2010. You should receive your iPod by December 30, 2010. A FedEx tracking number will be provided when the iPod ships."

Just thought I'd let others know: received my 4th Gen iPod touch, new in box, 16.11.2010. For some reason my order was delayed several times (5 months after qualifying), it was only untill I complained that I received the iPod withing about 3 days. I'm glad they messed up, otherwise I'd be stuck with gen 2.

4G, A1367 here, received Nov 8th.

Damn. Thought I qualified and followed the requirements. Emailed and checked status and I appearantly did not sign up for the rewards program. The debit card transactions did not qualify.

Is anyone filling out and sending in the Apple Warranty Registration Form for their Touch? Is there a good reason to? Or NOT to?

Check out newtonhead.com to sell your 3rd gen ipod touches! This site basically makes you an offer and if you like it, you print out a label and send in your ipod touch. You then either have the money put into your paypal account or get a check. I got the 3rd gen back in September and decided to upgrade to the 4th gen. The 4th gen is definitely worth upgrading too!! Congrats to those that got the 4th gen!

CactusMac said: Is anyone filling out and sending in the Apple Warranty Registration Form for their Touch? Is there a good reason to? Or NOT to?

I was wondering about this as well. Mine is still sitting on my desk after a few weeks. Anyone want to share some insights?

Anyone else still waiting (like me)?

Still waiting as well. Completed the requirements on the last day, and have not heard anything. I checked with Key customer service a couple of times and they have assured me that I have qualified. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Still waiting as well. Completed the requirements on the last day, and have not heard anything. I checked with Key customer service a couple of times and they have assured me that I have qualified. Keeping my fingers crossed.

luckybob04 said:   Anyone else still waiting (like me)?
Me too. Still waiting.

ACH did NOT work for my qualifications. Boo!

Friend just received theirs today: 4th Gen. iPod Touch 8GB.

KeyBank has 15 more days to send these puppies out per their terms. Let the countdown begin!

Only one more week to go and still no email...hmmm...

Neidman said: You will receive your iPod touch« within 90 days of meeting requirements.Today is the 90th day for me. Instead, all I have is this:
KeyBank said: Thank you for contacting Key. I appreciate your message and understand your concern regarding the iPod promotion. I am happy to assist you with your inquiry regarding the status of your iPod.

I kindly ask that you please allow two to three business days while I research the status of your iPod.

I will provide you with a written response once the research is complete. I appreciate your patience as I understand it is important to you that I get back to you as soon as possible.

If I already had an existing checking account April 30th, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I opened my account August 1st, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I had failed to sign up for the Rewards Program, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I had overdrawn my account October 1st, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I completed the requirements October 2nd, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I went in to close my account today, per KeyBank's terms I would be hit with a $25 early closure fee.

I completed all that was required and lived up to my end of the bargain. Per KeyBank's terms I should have an iPod in my hands by the end of the day...and that's the frustrating part. At least give me some idea of when I can expect the thing! First thing Monday morning, I'm switching my direct deposit over to another bank...

Sorry for the rant...

You are not alone. I haven't received the itouch as well and it's well beyond 90 days. Every time I contacted them through email, they assured me that I met the qualification but my name just never appears in their shipping list.

luckybob04 said:   Neidman said: You will receive your iPod touch« within 90 days of meeting requirements.Today is the 90th day for me. Instead, all I have is this:
KeyBank said: Thank you for contacting Key. I appreciate your message and understand your concern regarding the iPod promotion. I am happy to assist you with your inquiry regarding the status of your iPod.

I kindly ask that you please allow two to three business days while I research the status of your iPod.

I will provide you with a written response once the research is complete. I appreciate your patience as I understand it is important to you that I get back to you as soon as possible.

If I already had an existing checking account April 30th, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I opened my account August 1st, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I had failed to sign up for the Rewards Program, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I had overdrawn my account October 1st, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I completed the requirements October 2nd, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I went in to close my account today, per KeyBank's terms I would be hit with a $25 early closure fee.

I completed all that was required and lived up to my end of the bargain. Per KeyBank's terms I should have an iPod in my hands by the end of the day...and that's the frustrating part. At least give me some idea of when I can expect the thing! First thing Monday morning, I'm switching my direct deposit over to another bank...

Sorry for the rant...

If it's well beyond 90 days I would contact them again. Tell them that if you don't have a tracking number within 5-10 business days you will contact the Better Business Bureau and your state's Attorney General.

flix02 said:   So now that it's time for it: what is the easiest / best way to close the account? Can this be done somehow without calling or walking into a branch?

I did it today: called and had my account closed. It took less than 5 minutes on the phone, was very easy, no questions asked.

Finally got an email this morning:KeyBank said: I apologize, at this time there has been a delay with the delivery of the iPods. Rest assured, you will recieve your iPod within 45 days.Being asked to wait over 140 days is only a tad longer than the original 90 days. But hey, what's another month and a half?

Called KeyBank today. CSR said the iPod will be shipped out January 19th. Thank groodness. Hope it happens.

has anybody gotten a 1099 yet from Keybank? I wanna know how much they have valued these at so i can finish my taxes..... Thanks.

OK spoke to Key bank....... For your tax purposes.... Drum-roll please.....

Value of Ipod touch as reported on 1099-INT: $205.00

Payer's (Key Bank) Federal Identification Number as reported on 1099-INT: 34-1586030

Address of Payer:
PO Box 92885
Cleveland OH 44101

firemanbones said:   has anybody gotten a 1099 yet from Keybank?Nope. And I better not get it until January 2012 seeing as how I haven't even gotten mine yet. Seriously, that would be a big slap in the face.

wow, $205. How can they justify that? That's more than retail for the 2nd/3rd gen at the time of the promo, right?
So I did end up paying maybe $70 per ipod (got two). Well, not too bad I guess.

The Fedex man dropped off my iPod today (the 108th day). 4th gen! Scampering off to play with it now...

Got mine via Fedex too today. 4th gen

What exactly is the MSRP for the iPod? Not the retail price. I thought it was $229 for the current gen. Link

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014