• 118192021 22
  • Page
  • Text Only
CactusMac said:   actiontec23 said:   CactusMac said:   I plan to close my account since it has now been over 180 days. I opened my account the last day of the iPod promotion which was 7-30-2010. 180 days is approx 6 months, which would mean approx 1-30-2011. I will make sure to close:

1) KeyBank Express Checking - reason: $5.00 per month inactivity fee to be charged starting in June 2011.
2) KeyBank Reward Program - reason: $25 per year fee. Fee waived for first year.

I never did send in the iPod Warranty Registration card, for whatever that's worth (or not worth).
My 1099 from KeyBank was for $182. I got that a couple of weeks ago. (I received the 4G iPod on 10-12-2010).

So that was all just FYI. Hope the info is useful.
Any tips on closing the account? Go in to the branch? Close by phone? Close over the website?
Thanks!

cactus, did u close accounts? any update? thanks

UPDATE: I did close my account about a month ago. I went into a branch and just closed with the teller. He asked if I wanted to see anyone and I said "No, thanks". They gave me my $43 balance in cash. I got a follow up phone call asking all sorts of questions about why I closed the account. I was very honest and said I opened it for the iPod and closed it because they were going to charge a monthly & yearly fee. When asked if there was any way I'd re-open an account with them, I said "Give me another iPod". He chuckled.

For those of you who haven't closed your accounts yet, remember that those fees start in June--getting close.

So now I see KeyBank has another iPod promotion, but it wouldn't apply since I've had an account within the past year. Oh well. Now if I could just get my husband to go in..... (no chance!)

does the key bank rewards program close automatically or is that a separate call? btw, i was able to close account online via secure email without hassle

actiontec23 said:   does the key bank rewards program close automatically or is that a separate call? btw, i was able to close account online via secure email without hassleIf you close your account, that means you also close your debit card. No card, no rewards. I don't see how they could bill you for a service you can no longer take advantage of... although stranger things have happened...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014