• 11819 20 2122
  • Page
  • Text Only
i went to the electronics department at WalMart, and asked if they had any of the 4th gen in stock which they did. then i asked if i could exchange the old one and pay the difference. (it may be worth noting that they still stocked the 2nd/3rd gen)
she walked me over to customer service with the new one and they did the exchange. since it was a gift and i didn't have the receipt, they needed to log my drivers license number. it required a manager key, and took a while because the barcodes and SNs on those packages are so small. it returned for $195, so i payed a difference of $32. (for the 8gb model).

what surprised me is that it worked at the very first store. last year i had to go to about 4 or 5 different stores before best buy finally did it.

anyway, i thought for sure i would get the 4th gen right from Key, but i'm still satisfied. This iPod is definitely worth the $30 over the old one.

good luck!

4th gen here as well...glad I waited to complete the requirements until the end of the qualification period.

4th Gen in Ann Arbor, MI. Good luck to everyone selling on eBay.

Is there a way to turn a 8gb 4th gen into a 32gb 4th gen without paying tax, and getting face value for the 8gb?

EDIT: I meant turn it into a 32gb by paying the difference.

Man, I am kicking myself now for not waiting. I have been pretty unhappy with the performance of mine ever since iOS 4 was installed. Oh well, I use it less now anyway since I recently got a Samsung Fascinate for my first smartphone.

Almost missed the Fedex guy again..... However I was pleased to have been handed 2 (my wife and I both did the promotion) 4th Gen A1367 Touches... WOOT!

i think im going to sell mine and buy a zune hd 16gb and use the leftover towards a new phone (possibly the mytouch 4g) since my contract is up soon.

jtroye32 said: i think im going to sell mine and buy a zune hd 16gb and use the leftover towards a new phone (possibly the mytouch 4g) since my contract is up soon.

Thank you for sharing. You've been most informative.

Most of you has received your Ipod Touch yesterday on 11/9, but is there anyone who hasn't received from the last shipment and still waiting? I wondered if there will be another shipment coming before Thanksgiving.

Has anyone tried to take the Ipod Touch to an Apple Store in exchange to an Iphone?

Got the old version with our first account, a few weeks back, but got the 4G today. What bothers me is that I complained to the bank originally and was told that they bought all the ipods at the beginning of the offer and that, therefore, it didn't matter when you qualified they would all be the same.

Anyone have any success upgrading at Fred Meyer in Seattle?

stu

i was told by key cs on nov 8 that i am on the nov 12 shipping list

i was told by key cs on nov 8 that i am on the nov 12 shipping list

My husband got his itouch from Key Bank back in July and got the 2G. I finally got my itouch today and it was the 4G Model A1367 too.

xceebeex said: Man, I am kicking myself now for not waiting. I have been pretty unhappy with the performance of mine ever since iOS 4 was installed. Oh well, I use it less now anyway since I recently got a Samsung Fascinate for my first smartphone.

I just read an article saying the Apple is coming out the iOS 4.2 next week. The preliminary test of the final beta by some end users suggesting that the iOS 4.2 does resolve some performance problem on the older version of iPhone and iTouch using the iOS 4 and 4.1. May worth a try.

I think that Key Bank has mishandled this whole iPod touch promotion.

Nowhere in Key Bank's promotional materials does it state what generation (2nd, 3rd or 4th) of iPod touch you will receive.

When I got mine, a second generation 8 GB iPod touch (about two-three years out of date), I complained to Key Bank via the Better Business Bureau that since the 3rd generation could be purchased when I signed up, that should be what I would receive as that would be a reasonable consumer expectation.

Key Bank declined to make things right. Key Bank's position was that they promised an iPod touch and that was what I received. I guess the equivalent would be winning a car but receiving one that was 10 years old. They also said that they bought all the iPod touches at the beginning of the offer and that, therefore, it didn't matter when you qualified that everyone would all get the same.

Unfortunately, today I found out that people who had signed up with this Key Bank promotion after me were receiving the new 4th generation iPod touches instead. Apparently, they ran out of the older models. I am not very happy with Key Bank about this.

KeithGormezano said: I think that Key Bank has mishandled this whole iPod touch promotion.

Nowhere in Key Bank's promotional materials does it state what generation (2nd, 3rd or 4th) of iPod touch you will receive.

When I got mine, a second generation 8 GB iPod touch (about two-three years out of date), I complained to Key Bank via the Better Business Bureau that since the 3rd generation could be purchased when I signed up, that should be what I would receive as that would be a reasonable consumer expectation.

Key Bank declined to make things right. Key Bank's position was that they promised an iPod touch and that was what I received. I guess the equivalent would be winning a car but receiving one that was 10 years old. They also said that they bought all the iPod touches at the beginning of the offer and that, therefore, it didn't matter when you qualified that everyone would all get the same.

Unfortunately, today I found out that people who had signed up with this Key Bank promotion after me were receiving the new 4th generation iPod touches instead. Apparently, they ran out of the older models. I am not very happy with Key Bank about this.

I don't know why banks continue to do these giveaways since they turn out to be so much hassle for them - their reps end up wasting a lot of time answering questions about the promo instead of handling banking business, and then no matter what some people are still left dissatisfied and whine about it.

I did one with Citi for an iPod mini many years ago. Unfortunately for Citi, their fine print said that we would receive a mini with value $249. By the time they delivered it, Apple had lowered the price to $199. It didn't matter to me since I figured I got what was advertised, but people whined about it onlin. I was really surprised when a few months later I got a class action form in the mail that I just had to sign and return to get $50 in cash from Citi. One of the whiners had actually sued Citi! That whole deal must have really cost them a lot of money from the ipods, all the hassles of managing the giveaway, to the class action. (Disclosure: I sent in the form - I never turn down free money!)

The safest thing for them is to just give away cash, if they really want to do these promos.

KeithGormezano said: I think that Key Bank has mishandled this whole iPod touch promotion.

Waaaaaa...

I received a 2nd Gen as well but my goodness is it really worth the whining??? They didn't say which model we would receive, just like you said. Not sure what you're complaining about you got exactly what was offered to you when you signed up. You knew that if you fulfilled their requirements you would receive an ipod Touch, and you did. End of story. I guess this is a learning experience for those of us who completed this early, wait until the last minute to fulfill the requirements and if there's an upgrade you'll have a better chance getting it. Try to enjoy your 2nd Gen and be happy for the free gift from Key.

You are mistaken. The iPod you received was actually the one they (unofficially) advertised. the 2nd gen 8GB iPod touch was in Apple's current product line until early September. It's not two-three years out of date, but 2 months.
When you opened your account, the 4th generation didn't exist and the current 8GB model was the 2nd gen. You can't blame Key because Apple updated the product line during a their promotion...
Everyone should have expected the 2nd gen. Those who got the new ones are just lucky.

Customers like you are the problem. It was a promotion, you signed up and completed the requirements and got your gift.
It's not that you think key bank mishandled the whole promotion, it's that you're jealous some people got a newer model than you.
If you really want to argue, look at the picture in the ad
It ISN'T a 4th generation. So you did get what you signed up for.

I expected, and received, an older model. One that seemed to be a store return or something. The case showed obvious signs that it was opened & resealed. The battery life is 1/3 of my other Ipod Touch (recently purchased).

I am just wondering what the tax form will report as the value of the IPod. If they are reporting it as $199, they are lying. It's an old model, possibly a refurb, and $150 would be closer to the real value.

jjj2003jjj said: xceebeex said: Man, I am kicking myself now for not waiting. I have been pretty unhappy with the performance of mine ever since iOS 4 was installed. Oh well, I use it less now anyway since I recently got a Samsung Fascinate for my first smartphone.

I just read an article saying the Apple is coming out the iOS 4.2 next week. The preliminary test of the final beta by some end users suggesting that the iOS 4.2 does resolve some performance problem on the older version of iPhone and iTouch using the iOS 4 and 4.1. May worth a try.

That is what they said about 4.1 too though. I have pretty much gave up on Apple. I use the iPod in the gym and that is pretty much it. I use my Fascinate for everything else.

Qualified on 10/30 and got a 4G as well here in Portland.

So now that it's time for it: what is the easiest / best way to close the account? Can this be done somehow without calling or walking into a branch?

Just to fill everybody in, my wife and I each received a 4G iPod Touch, both 8GB of course.

Congrats to all those who waited until September to fulfill the requirements.

flix02 said: So now that it's time for it: what is the easiest / best way to close the account? Can this be done somehow without calling or walking into a branch?A. Try "Contact Us" in online banking.
B. Write KeyBank a letter.
C. Telepathy.

flix02 said: So now that it's time for it: what is the easiest / best way to close the account? Can this be done somehow without calling or walking into a branch?

If you close you account within 6 months after opening your account, there is a penalty fee per the terms and conditions for this promotion. It is clearly stated.
If you want to keep your account, you may want to switch your debit card to the non-rewards program. The reward earning program is only free for the first year.

Waited till end of September to meet the requirements. Got a 4th Gen. iPod Touch 8GB delivered this past week.

jjj2003jjj said: flix02 said: So now that it's time for it: what is the easiest / best way to close the account? Can this be done somehow without calling or walking into a branch?

If you close you account within 6 months after opening your account, there is a penalty fee per the terms and conditions for this promotion. It is clearly stated.
If you want to keep your account, you may want to switch your debit card to the non-rewards program. The reward earning program is only free for the first year.

Yes, I know, I need to wait another week to make it > 6 months, and I will wait a little longer even to be on the safe side.
I want to close the accounts, and I am looking for the most efficient way of doing this, especially my wifes account. I want avoid having to drag her into a branch.

FYI, I received a 4G version on 9 Nov 2010.

billrubin said: luckybob04 said: My second direct deposit will be deposited October 1st. I think I'm cutting it a little too close... You think? What happens if it gets delayed for some unforseen reason that has never happened before and will never happen again?Got this today:

"Thank you for contacting Key. I appreciate your e-mail expressing your interest in our current checking account promotion.

I am happy to tell you that you completed the transaction requirements as of October 1, 2010. You should receive your iPod by December 30, 2010. A FedEx tracking number will be provided when the iPod ships."

Just thought I'd let others know: received my 4th Gen iPod touch, new in box, 16.11.2010. For some reason my order was delayed several times (5 months after qualifying), it was only untill I complained that I received the iPod withing about 3 days. I'm glad they messed up, otherwise I'd be stuck with gen 2.

4G, A1367 here, received Nov 8th.

Damn. Thought I qualified and followed the requirements. Emailed and checked status and I appearantly did not sign up for the rewards program. The debit card transactions did not qualify.

Is anyone filling out and sending in the Apple Warranty Registration Form for their Touch? Is there a good reason to? Or NOT to?

Check out newtonhead.com to sell your 3rd gen ipod touches! This site basically makes you an offer and if you like it, you print out a label and send in your ipod touch. You then either have the money put into your paypal account or get a check. I got the 3rd gen back in September and decided to upgrade to the 4th gen. The 4th gen is definitely worth upgrading too!! Congrats to those that got the 4th gen!

CactusMac said: Is anyone filling out and sending in the Apple Warranty Registration Form for their Touch? Is there a good reason to? Or NOT to?

I was wondering about this as well. Mine is still sitting on my desk after a few weeks. Anyone want to share some insights?

Anyone else still waiting (like me)?

Still waiting as well. Completed the requirements on the last day, and have not heard anything. I checked with Key customer service a couple of times and they have assured me that I have qualified. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Still waiting as well. Completed the requirements on the last day, and have not heard anything. I checked with Key customer service a couple of times and they have assured me that I have qualified. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014