• 1181920 21 22
  • Page
  • Text Only
Still waiting as well. Completed the requirements on the last day, and have not heard anything. I checked with Key customer service a couple of times and they have assured me that I have qualified. Keeping my fingers crossed.

luckybob04 said:   Anyone else still waiting (like me)?
Me too. Still waiting.

ACH did NOT work for my qualifications. Boo!

Friend just received theirs today: 4th Gen. iPod Touch 8GB.

KeyBank has 15 more days to send these puppies out per their terms. Let the countdown begin!

Only one more week to go and still no email...hmmm...

Neidman said: You will receive your iPod touch® within 90 days of meeting requirements.Today is the 90th day for me. Instead, all I have is this:
KeyBank said: Thank you for contacting Key. I appreciate your message and understand your concern regarding the iPod promotion. I am happy to assist you with your inquiry regarding the status of your iPod.

I kindly ask that you please allow two to three business days while I research the status of your iPod.

I will provide you with a written response once the research is complete. I appreciate your patience as I understand it is important to you that I get back to you as soon as possible.


If I already had an existing checking account April 30th, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I opened my account August 1st, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I had failed to sign up for the Rewards Program, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I had overdrawn my account October 1st, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I completed the requirements October 2nd, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I went in to close my account today, per KeyBank's terms I would be hit with a $25 early closure fee.

I completed all that was required and lived up to my end of the bargain. Per KeyBank's terms I should have an iPod in my hands by the end of the day...and that's the frustrating part. At least give me some idea of when I can expect the thing! First thing Monday morning, I'm switching my direct deposit over to another bank...

Sorry for the rant...

You are not alone. I haven't received the itouch as well and it's well beyond 90 days. Every time I contacted them through email, they assured me that I met the qualification but my name just never appears in their shipping list.


luckybob04 said:   Neidman said: You will receive your iPod touch® within 90 days of meeting requirements.Today is the 90th day for me. Instead, all I have is this:
KeyBank said: Thank you for contacting Key. I appreciate your message and understand your concern regarding the iPod promotion. I am happy to assist you with your inquiry regarding the status of your iPod.

I kindly ask that you please allow two to three business days while I research the status of your iPod.

I will provide you with a written response once the research is complete. I appreciate your patience as I understand it is important to you that I get back to you as soon as possible.


If I already had an existing checking account April 30th, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I opened my account August 1st, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I had failed to sign up for the Rewards Program, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I had overdrawn my account October 1st, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I completed the requirements October 2nd, per KeyBank's terms I would be ineligible for the iPod.
If I went in to close my account today, per KeyBank's terms I would be hit with a $25 early closure fee.

I completed all that was required and lived up to my end of the bargain. Per KeyBank's terms I should have an iPod in my hands by the end of the day...and that's the frustrating part. At least give me some idea of when I can expect the thing! First thing Monday morning, I'm switching my direct deposit over to another bank...

Sorry for the rant...

If it's well beyond 90 days I would contact them again. Tell them that if you don't have a tracking number within 5-10 business days you will contact the Better Business Bureau and your state's Attorney General.

flix02 said:   So now that it's time for it: what is the easiest / best way to close the account? Can this be done somehow without calling or walking into a branch?

I did it today: called and had my account closed. It took less than 5 minutes on the phone, was very easy, no questions asked.

Finally got an email this morning:KeyBank said: I apologize, at this time there has been a delay with the delivery of the iPods. Rest assured, you will recieve your iPod within 45 days.Being asked to wait over 140 days is only a tad longer than the original 90 days. But hey, what's another month and a half?

Called KeyBank today. CSR said the iPod will be shipped out January 19th. Thank groodness. Hope it happens.

has anybody gotten a 1099 yet from Keybank? I wanna know how much they have valued these at so i can finish my taxes..... Thanks.

OK spoke to Key bank....... For your tax purposes.... Drum-roll please.....

Value of Ipod touch as reported on 1099-INT: $205.00

Payer's (Key Bank) Federal Identification Number as reported on 1099-INT: 34-1586030

Address of Payer:
PO Box 92885
Cleveland OH 44101

firemanbones said:   has anybody gotten a 1099 yet from Keybank?Nope. And I better not get it until January 2012 seeing as how I haven't even gotten mine yet. Seriously, that would be a big slap in the face.

wow, $205. How can they justify that? That's more than retail for the 2nd/3rd gen at the time of the promo, right?
So I did end up paying maybe $70 per ipod (got two). Well, not too bad I guess.

The Fedex man dropped off my iPod today (the 108th day). 4th gen! Scampering off to play with it now...

Got mine via Fedex too today. 4th gen

What exactly is the MSRP for the iPod? Not the retail price. I thought it was $229 for the current gen. Link

luckybob04 said:   The Fedex man dropped off my iPod today (the 108th day). 4th gen! Scampering off to play with it now...

Finally got mine too. 4th generation 8Gb. Guess I will not receive 1099 from Key until next year.

Ok, this is getting old. I have been waiting for this ipod touch and still have not received any notification, email or anything. So I call Key Bank customer service this afternoon, Bonnie says "Yes you have completed all the requirements but you are not on the shipping list to receive your ipod touch and I'm not sure why. Please allow 5 business days for us to research this, here is your case number." It seems that I can live up to my end of the agreement, but for some reason others cannot. Not really sure how that works, I'm pretty sure that if I did not meet all the requirements on time that would be all she wrote for me. Come on Key Bank.........I WANT MY IPOD TOUCH AND I WANT IT NOW !!!!!

Number1KentuckyFan said:   Ok, this is getting old. I have been waiting for this ipod touch and still have not received any notification, email or anything. So I call Key Bank customer service this afternoon, Bonnie says "Yes you have completed all the requirements but you are not on the shipping list to receive your ipod touch and I'm not sure why. Please allow 5 business days for us to research this, here is your case number." It seems that I can live up to my end of the agreement, but for some reason others cannot. Not really sure how that works, I'm pretty sure that if I did not meet all the requirements on time that would be all she wrote for me. Come on Key Bank.........I WANT MY IPOD TOUCH AND I WANT IT NOW !!!!!I was not on the list either when I called. I basically got the same response. If you wanted your iPod Touch now so badly, you should have called a few weeks ago. Yes I know it's not your fault, but it's always a good idea to check up on these type of things. On the bright side, you will probably be getting a 4g instead of a 3g since you had to wait.


I got my 4g then the first thing I did was jailbreak it . Time to write my own apps.
I should probably cancel my account in preparation for the next promo. I believe they usually require 6 months without an account to qualify. Also, just another friendly reminder to everyone - make sure to cancel that debit card rewards program within the first year or else you will be charged.

Be sure to read the letter included with the most recent checking statement.

Your account will be assessed a $5 penalty during any month that does not have 5 or more transactions, or more than $500 in deposits. This begins in May.

I don't keep interest-free accounts open when Banks threaten me with fees. I'm already loaning my money to you for free. What more do you want?

So long, Key Bank, and thanks for all the Ipods.

Did you guys get your tax statements from key? I am still waiting ....

harlock001 said:   Be sure to read the letter included with the most recent checking statement.

Your account will be assessed a $5 penalty during any month that does not have 5 or more transactions, or more than $500 in deposits. This begins in May.

I don't keep interest-free accounts open when Banks threaten me with fees. I'm already loaning my money to you for free. What more do you want?

So long, Key Bank, and thanks for all the Ipods.
I wish I could give you more green. I checked my most recent statement and there it is: "Important information regarding changes to your Account." Of course, it was the very last page in my estatements. I definitely would have missed it because the last few pages are almost always consumer account disclosures and directions on how to balance your account. Shame on you KeyBank. In the end, though, it doesn't really matter. I was already planning to close my account by then anyways. I'll just have a laundry list of reasons of why I'm closing my account if the CSR asks.

firemanbones said:   OK spoke to Key bank....... For your tax purposes.... Drum-roll please.....

Value of Ipod touch as reported on 1099-INT: $205.00

Payer's (Key Bank) Federal Identification Number as reported on 1099-INT: 34-1586030

Address of Payer:
PO Box 92885
Cleveland OH 44101
Mine arrived today, reporting a value of $182.

$182.00 here too maybe based on your location ?

NY = 182.00 Interest reported

It may also depend on which gen you received and when you received it.

I plan to close my account since it has now been over 180 days. I opened my account the last day of the iPod promotion which was 7-30-2010. 180 days is approx 6 months, which would mean approx 1-30-2011. I will make sure to close:

1) KeyBank Express Checking - reason: $5.00 per month inactivity fee to be charged starting in June 2011.
2) KeyBank Reward Program - reason: $25 per year fee. Fee waived for first year.

I never did send in the iPod Warranty Registration card, for whatever that's worth (or not worth).
My 1099 from KeyBank was for $182. I got that a couple of weeks ago. (I received the 4G iPod on 10-12-2010).

So that was all just FYI. Hope the info is useful.
Any tips on closing the account? Go in to the branch? Close by phone? Close over the website?
Thanks!

CactusMac said:   I plan to close my account since it has now been over 180 days. I opened my account the last day of the iPod promotion which was 7-30-2010. 180 days is approx 6 months, which would mean approx 1-30-2011. I will make sure to close:

1) KeyBank Express Checking - reason: $5.00 per month inactivity fee to be charged starting in June 2011.
2) KeyBank Reward Program - reason: $25 per year fee. Fee waived for first year.

I never did send in the iPod Warranty Registration card, for whatever that's worth (or not worth).
My 1099 from KeyBank was for $182. I got that a couple of weeks ago. (I received the 4G iPod on 10-12-2010).

So that was all just FYI. Hope the info is useful.
Any tips on closing the account? Go in to the branch? Close by phone? Close over the website?
Thanks!


cactus, did u close accounts? any update? thanks

I transferred the balance out of the Key Bank account and then called and closed it over the phone. No questions asked.

In order to transfer the money out I first had to establish the ability to do the transfer. I had to tell it which outside account and then wait a few days while they did test transactions in and out. I verified those transactions and then was able to move the money out of Key Bank.

A few years ago I did another Key Bank promotion and went into the branch to close the account. Had to interact with a person at a desk, not just a teller and it took longer and involved him asking me about why I was closing it. Felt creepy to have to chat with him about just doing it for the Ipod Nano.

So much easier to do it online.

My wife and I closed our accounts in a branch. We only had to speak with a teller. She didn't ask why we were closing the accounts, and just handed us bank checks for the remaining balances.

I did get a follow up phone survey asking why I had opened the account, why I had closed it, and if I would consider opening an account in the future.

jdmetz said:   My wife and I closed our accounts in a branch. We only had to speak with a teller. She didn't ask why we were closing the accounts, and just handed us bank checks for the remaining balances.

I did get a follow up phone survey asking why I had opened the account, why I had closed it, and if I would consider opening an account in the future.



do u have to call and separately close debit card?

They reopened this:
https://www.key.com/gen/html/mkt-q211-touch10-3rd.html?ppc=11Q2_...

I'd try, but I'm not sure how to get the direct deposit they want. I wish there was some way I could do 3 $500 deposits from an existing account and get it to work.

Is there some way to do direct deposits if you don't have an employer (and aren't on SS, etc)?

boomshakla said:   They reopened this:
https://www.key.com/gen/html/mkt-q211-touch10-3rd.html?ppc=11Q2_...

I'd try, but I'm not sure how to get the direct deposit they want. I wish there was some way I could do 3 $500 deposits from an existing account and get it to work.
The terms are almost hilarious to read - they are obviously written specifically for habitual account bonus churners.

10 payments, not total but per month for 3 months. A $500 direct deposit per month. Not for existing accountholders as of March, or people who have opened an account within the last 12 months (mostly covers anyone who took advantage of last summer's promotion). You actually have to work at this one....

And they make the DD amount $500 because they cannot easily filter the source of a ACH deposit. So if you're going to qualify by transfering in your own money, they're going to atleast make you transfer a meaningful amount. Its not because they're trying to weed out low-income customers.

i'm still unclear as to how I can get my direct deposits. can I just ach the money from paypal? or from another bank account?

it doesn't matter..... not eligible in MA

actiontec23 said:   CactusMac said:   I plan to close my account since it has now been over 180 days. I opened my account the last day of the iPod promotion which was 7-30-2010. 180 days is approx 6 months, which would mean approx 1-30-2011. I will make sure to close:

1) KeyBank Express Checking - reason: $5.00 per month inactivity fee to be charged starting in June 2011.
2) KeyBank Reward Program - reason: $25 per year fee. Fee waived for first year.

I never did send in the iPod Warranty Registration card, for whatever that's worth (or not worth).
My 1099 from KeyBank was for $182. I got that a couple of weeks ago. (I received the 4G iPod on 10-12-2010).

So that was all just FYI. Hope the info is useful.
Any tips on closing the account? Go in to the branch? Close by phone? Close over the website?
Thanks!


cactus, did u close accounts? any update? thanks


UPDATE: I did close my account about a month ago. I went into a branch and just closed with the teller. He asked if I wanted to see anyone and I said "No, thanks". They gave me my $43 balance in cash. I got a follow up phone call asking all sorts of questions about why I closed the account. I was very honest and said I opened it for the iPod and closed it because they were going to charge a monthly & yearly fee. When asked if there was any way I'd re-open an account with them, I said "Give me another iPod". He chuckled.

For those of you who haven't closed your accounts yet, remember that those fees start in June--getting close.

So now I see KeyBank has another iPod promotion, but it wouldn't apply since I've had an account within the past year. Oh well. Now if I could just get my husband to go in..... (no chance!)

I went in and closed my account today. The teller was very nice and the whole process took about two minutes. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was. By the way, I do have to give props to KeyBank's customer service as well. When I was trying to get my iPod in the winter, the CSR I talked to on the phone was fantastic and helpful.

Credit where credit is due.

Glitch99 said:   boomshakla said:   They reopened this:
https://www.key.com/gen/html/mkt-q211-touch10-3rd.html?ppc=11Q2_...

I'd try, but I'm not sure how to get the direct deposit they want. I wish there was some way I could do 3 $500 deposits from an existing account and get it to work.
The terms are almost hilarious to read - they are obviously written specifically for habitual account bonus churners.

10 payments, not total but per month for 3 months. A $500 direct deposit per month. Not for existing accountholders as of March, or people who have opened an account within the last 12 months (mostly covers anyone who took advantage of last summer's promotion). You actually have to work at this one....

And they make the DD amount $500 because they cannot easily filter the source of a ACH deposit. So if you're going to qualify by transfering in your own money, they're going to atleast make you transfer a meaningful amount. Its not because they're trying to weed out low-income customers.


I missed the last one and wanted to jump on this one. But the requirements are a bit of work as you said. The DD isn't too annoying as I could just notify my HR Dept to switch my paycheck destination, it's the 30 payments that could be annoying. Then again, when you go shopping, just buy each item seperately

By the way, do they conduct and credit check? Soft pull?

I think you can just ask your HR department to send $500 a month to KeyBank and keep the rest going to your regular bank. In essence, splitting where your direct deposit goes. As far as the 30 payments, that shouldn't be hard. It's only 10 transactions per month. Use that card for everything, and, as you say, purchase each thing separately, if need be. Go for it!

I'm not sure about the credit check.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.