Chase ATM Withdrawal limit

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Chase banker told me that the highest ATM withdrawal limit they can do is $1000. I asked for $5000. Has anyone ever tried getting a higher ATM withdrawal limit and was successful? I'm trying to buy a used car, and I don't want to be carrying cash around with me all the time. It would be more convenient if I could go to an ATM at anytime and withdraw my money.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can't you go into a branch or use a check?

Emperor club? Try use a CC next time.

mttatkns said: Can't you go into a branch or use a check?

What if I find a car on Sunday that I like? No branch is open Sundays.

Checks are a big no no when buying a used car...Cash is king.

nasheedb said: mttatkns said: Can't you go into a branch or use a check?

What if I find a car on Sunday that I like? No branch is open Sundays.

Checks are a big no no when buying a used car...Cash is king.


TD Bank branches by me are open until 4pm on Sundays.

nasheedb said: mttatkns said: Can't you go into a branch or use a check?

What if I find a car on Sunday that I like? No branch is open Sundays.

Checks are a big no no when buying a used car...Cash is king.
In California Wells Fargo has some branches open for part of Sunday. If you have a need for cash on Sunday, open an account at a bank that can accommodate you.

Another thing to consider is a "Cash Advance" if your ATM card is also a Visa/MC. You can do this at basically any bank.

My bank has a $750 daily ATM limit, but has a $3000 daily cash advance limit. If you have 2 checking accounts you may be able to get 2 advances totaling over $5K.

I was told by a Chase banker before that debit cards can have higher withdrawal limit than plain ATM cards, and I've recently raised my ATM card limit to almost $1K...

Also I'd think if you were buying a car for much more than $1K with cash, the seller would be understanding about you not having immediate access to that kind of cash on a non-business day, and would easily agree to meet you the following business day by a bank branch, where you withdraw the cash & hand it over, and take possession of the car (and if I were the seller, I'd ask for a cashier check instead of the cash...)

I didn't think that you could buy a car on a Sunday. Or is it just that you can't buy from a dealer on Sunday?

Quikboy4 said: I didn't think that you could buy a car on a Sunday. Or is it just that you can't buy from a dealer on Sunday?

I don't think that's a federal law or regulation. It might just be a local blue law for you.

InsuranceGuy said: Another thing to consider is a "Cash Advance" if your ATM card is also a Visa/MC. You can do this at basically any bank. My bank has a $750 daily ATM limit, but has a $3000 daily cash advance limit. If you have 2 checking accounts you may be able to get 2 advances totaling over $5K.
Please check your Chase Account Rules and Regulations (Additional Banking Services and fees for personal accounts handout) for more info. Depending on the type of Chase checking and relationship you have, Chase charges $2 for using non-Chase ATM; at an ATM outside US, PR, USVI, it's $3/withdrawal (for Chase Free Checking). For Non-ATM Cash (as defined by obtaining cash with your Chase Debit Card without a PIN at participating locations, such as bank branch tellers or any cash advance pos places), the FEE is 3% of the dollar amount of transaction OR $5, whichever is greater. You should try to speak with your local banker for requesting higher limit; and should have good relationship and balances with Chase to support the increase. I do know that depending on the type of account, say with Citibank, your ATM withdrawal limit can be raised. Most, but not all, high-yield reward checking accounts (and free checking accounts) usually have a $500 daily ATM limit. Edit: But, banks usually have a limit for either risk reasons or such.

Chase grocery store branches in Chicago are open on Sundays.

As others have said, seller isn't going to expect cash on a Sunday. If you make a deal and say you'll have all the cash the next day, seller is going to take the deal.

Onion told me NO car is worth more than a thousand bucks!

$5000 from an ATM in $20 bills is 250 bills lol

They'll give you a higher limit if you have one of their higher end checking accounts -- just take the $1000 limit and withdraw $4000 in $100 bills so you'll only have 40 bills plus the option to pull $1000 from the ATM (if you have another checking account then you'll have less cash to carry around)

Either keep the money at home and when you agree upon a price of a car, tell them you'll go get the money. Or if you're seriously interested in buying a particular car then just go there with the cash and bring someone else with you if you can (40 $100 bills isnt too hard to hide in your pockets, just put 20 in one pocket and 20 in another)

Make sure the person you're buying the car from owns the car -- check their license info against the car's registration and title

i'm not sure if this works for every bank, but another option is to open a couple of free savings accounts and link them to your ATM card.

at citibank, i have a $500 ATM withdrawal limit PER ACCOUNT. I think they may also allow up to $1000 per account, but I haven't asked yet. Since I have 5 accounts linked to my ATM card, I can withdraw a total of $2500 via 1 withdrawal per account. I normally keep nearly zero in the other accounts and just do an instant acct-to-acct transfer when needed to pull more funds out. obviously, this works best when using your home bank's ATM to avoid withdrawal fees and to have the ability to access more than just a "checking" or "savings" account (as most generic and non-affiliated ATMs will only allow)

Pygmy said: i'm not sure if this works for every bank, but another option is to open a couple of free savings accounts and link them to your ATM card.

at citibank, i have a $500 ATM withdrawal limit PER ACCOUNT. I think they may also allow up to $1000 per account, but I haven't asked yet. Since I have 5 accounts linked to my ATM card, I can withdraw a total of $2500 via 1 withdrawal per account. I normally keep nearly zero in the other accounts and just do an instant acct-to-acct transfer when needed to pull more funds out. obviously, this works best when using your home bank's ATM to avoid withdrawal fees and to have the ability to access more than just a "checking" or "savings" account (as most generic and non-affiliated ATMs will only allow)


Hey good idea, have you actually tried to remove the max from an ATM PER ACCOUNT? I would want to make sure this actually worked before relying on it, only to find out it didnt work some late night

nasheedb said: mttatkns said: Can't you go into a branch or use a check?

What if I find a car on Sunday that I like? No branch is open Sundays.

Checks are a big no no when buying a used car...Cash is king.

I'm guessing that you're talking about buying a used car if you're asking for a $5K ATM limit. My suggestion if this is that case is to offer the seller $1K on Sunday as a down-payment to hold the car for you and then return on Monday with the rest of the money. With the explanation that the banks are closed, I'm not sure that most sellers would be unwilling to accept this sort of offer.

SUCKISSTAPLES said: Pygmy said: i'm not sure if this works for every bank, but another option is to open a couple of free savings accounts and link them to your ATM card.

at citibank, i have a $500 ATM withdrawal limit PER ACCOUNT. I think they may also allow up to $1000 per account, but I haven't asked yet. Since I have 5 accounts linked to my ATM card, I can withdraw a total of $2500 via 1 withdrawal per account. I normally keep nearly zero in the other accounts and just do an instant acct-to-acct transfer when needed to pull more funds out. obviously, this works best when using your home bank's ATM to avoid withdrawal fees and to have the ability to access more than just a "checking" or "savings" account (as most generic and non-affiliated ATMs will only allow)


Hey good idea, have you actually tried to remove the max from an ATM PER ACCOUNT? I would want to make sure this actually worked before relying on it, only to find out it didnt work some date night


FIXED! lol

Pygmy said: i'm not sure if this works for every bank, but another option is to open a couple of free savings accounts and link them to your ATM card. at citibank, i have a $500 ATM withdrawal limit PER ACCOUNT. I think they may also allow up to $1000 per account, but I haven't asked yet. Since I have 5 accounts linked to my ATM card, I can withdraw a total of $2500 via 1 withdrawal per account. I normally keep nearly zero in the other accounts and just do an instant acct-to-acct transfer when needed to pull more funds out. obviously, this works best when using your home bank's ATM to avoid withdrawal fees and to have the ability to access more than just a "checking" or "savings" account (as most generic and non-affiliated ATMs will only allow)
YES, According to the Client_Manual Consumer Accounts effective January 1, 2010, page 32, it says that "You can use your Citibank Banking Card to withdrawal a maximum of $1,000 in cash, per card,... For Citibank Everything Counts Accounts, your cash withdrawal limit is $2,000. For Citigold,..ATM maximum of $2,000 ($5,000 for Citigold accounts that are rich, combined average balance of $500k or greater. The stated limits are per card issued on one account, whether to a single signer or multiple signers. The cash withdrawal limits are not affected by additional accounts or the balances in those accounts, which are linked to your Citi Banking Card. You can use the Citi Banking Card at a Citi ATM to withdrawal cash form your linked checking, savings, money market, linked checking overdraft line (Checking Plus), or you Morgan Stanley Smith Barney account.
WHat 5 accounts do you have? Checking, Ultimate Savings Account, SavingsPlus, day-to-day savings?

Are you buying from a private person or a dealer ?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014