• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I'm living next door to a section 8 tenant. The neighbor has at least 8-12 people living in the house on a regular basis, they have had the police called to the house many times, the kids run around the neighborhood unsupervised, and they just purchased a pitbull which has already used my yard as a bathroom.

I've been tolerant for the last year, but I've finally had enough. When I called the owner of the house, she seemed genuinely disturbed by the tenant and claims that she has been trying to evict the tenant, but that section 8 will not allow it. She claims that when the lease came up for renewal, she did not renew the lease and that section 8 still will not allow them to remove the tenant. Supposedly the owner has a lawyer working on this, but that the court date has been pushed back and delayed several times.

I don't understand section 8, but im curious to know how a government authority can keep tenants in a house without a lease. If theres no lease and the owner wants them out, can she just say leave?

Even with a lease, if the tenant has obviously violated the lease (there is supposed to be a no pet clause and no more than 3 people living in the house), can't you get rid of them.

Any suggestions for removing the section 8 next door is apreciated.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
HUGE UPDATE!

Over the weekend, the Section 8 folks moved. As I type this, the house next door to me sits empty. Thank... (more)

gumbydamnit (Oct. 18, 2010 @ 7:10a) |

There is a law that they are violating against you and the landlord which is hard to prove but do the mental strategic w... (more)

Purge (Oct. 27, 2010 @ 5:18p) |

I guess it depends where you are but evicting a tenant needless to say A SECTION 8 recipient in Brooklyn New York is lik... (more)

Purge (Oct. 27, 2010 @ 5:50p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Klinger tried for like 8 years and he could never get evicted.

christoj879 said: VeryThat tenant did leave the house. But it was mostly because she thought the house stank. What was left out is whether they revoked her sec 8 privilege.

I would report it to the HUD/OIG. They can cancel the beneficiary's vouchers if there is fraud (more than 3 people living there, etc.) National Hotline You might get faster results if you report directly to your region's office of investigations, also. Regional Offices

dawndelion said: I would report it to the HUD/OIG. They can cancel the beneficiary's vouchers if there is fraud (more than 3 people living there, etc.) National Hotline You might get faster results if you report directly to your region's office of investigations, also. Regional Offices

This is a good place to start. I will be calling tomorrow.

Sounds like you need to do battle against your neighbors. I am not sure why you are talking to their landlord, nor am I sure how Section 8 relates to crappy neighbors.
Here are my suggestions:
Anytime you see the pitbull unleashed call 911. Tell the cops a wild pit bull is roaming the streets and could attack the children in the neighborhood. If the pitbull is in your yard call the police and ask animal control to come and remove the animal. Once my mother-in-law had a rottweiler come in her yard and start fighting with her dog. Called 911 and immediately had animal control and the sheriff there, and this is in a semi-rural area.
Many localities have limits on the number of non-related people who live in a house. Research your towns rules, and call enforcement.
Young children running around unsupervised? Do they also possibly look malnourished or abused? Call family services.
Any other issues that are techically incorrect, keep calling the police, fire marshall, or code enforcement. Eventually the neighbors will get pissed and leave. Just try to do it without them figuring out it is you.

biomedeng said: Sounds like you need to do battle against your neighbors. I am not sure why you are talking to their landlord, nor am I sure how Section 8 relates to crappy neighbors.

Here are my suggestions
Anytime you see the pitbull unleashed call 911. Tell the cops a wild pit bull is roaming the streets and could attack the children in the neighborhood. If the pitbull is in your yard call the police and ask animal control to come and remove the animal. Once my mother-in-law had a rottweiler come in her yard and start fighting with her dog. Called 911 and immediately had animal control and the sheriff there, and this is in a semi-rural area.
Many localities have limits on the number of non-related people who live in a house. Research your towns rules, and call enforcement.
Young children running around unsupervised? Do they also possibly look malnourished or abused? Call family services.
Any other issues that are techically incorrect, keep calling the police, fire marshall, or code enforcement. Eventually the neighbors will get pissed and leave. Just try to do it without them figuring out it is you.

You must not know what section 8 housing is and/or didnt read my full post. The owner of the property wants them out and she needs to have a judicial act to make this happen under section 8.

After doing a little googling, I've come to learn that owners have the option to not renew a section 8 lease, without cause, provided that the owner provides 60 days notice not to renew prior to the end of a lease. Im guessing that the owner did not do this and this is why its now a juducial matter. Anyone know if the lease then renews for a full year or can an owner give 60 days notice at any point?

just give them crack and they will stop paying the rent. i've seen evictions due to not paying the $8 rent. sad.

biomedeng said:
Anytime you see the pitbull unleashed call 911. Tell the cops a wild pit bull is roaming the streets and could attack the children in the neighborhood.

This is actually good advice. I'm not sure how effective it will be against getting the neighbors out but it might get rid of the dog. I once lived next door to a house that was raising pitbulls for fighting/breeding and it was a nightmare. I ended up breaking the lease after 5 months and moving out b/c I had been charged by a pit bull one too many times. The problem with my neighbors was that they were making a lot of money fighting their dogs so they would always go and pick him/her up from the pound and they'd be back again. In the 5 months I lived there I think we called either the police or animal control ~15 times and the dog got picked up at least 10 of those times.

1. Get a shotgun
2. Shoot the dog while it's on your property
3. Call 911, say the dog was about to attack you and you feared for your life

This is why I love having illegal immigrants as my next door neighbors. They know that if they cause trouble people will call ICE on them

In a matter of full disclosure, the pitbull is a puppy...for today. A puppy doesnt worry me. Living next to an adult pitbull raised by a group of individuals who can't/won't provide the proper attention to raise their own children, yet alone a dog, that makes me worry. (I also have young children).

Before anyone starts in on the "pitbulls arent aggresive animals routine" I will tell you that I agree for the most part. Mostly, a dogs demeanor will depend on how the owners train, nuture, raise (use whatever word you like) the animal. I have no reason to believe that these dog owners will do a sufficient job in raising or controlling this animal. Additionally, even the most mild mannered and well behaved animal has the potential to have a bad day/moment, and bite someone. When a lab or collie does it, it sucks. When a pitbull does it, it can be life threatening, especially to young children.

It appears that the owner wants these tenants out, the tenants are refusing to leave, and because this is section 8, normal eviction procedures are not an option. If I can rely upon what the owner told me then I believe that the steps needed to remove this tenant are already in action. The owner seemed sincere, yet I can not find any active (or inactive case for the matter) court case on the MD court case website. Would something like this show up?

As a side note, our neighborhood has already had one pitbull shot dead by an owner. Pitbull went after a man and a woman walking their dogs. Unfortunately for the pitbull, the man was a cop who was carrying his service weapon (many cops, even when off duty, carry their gun legally). You know how this ends for the pitbull.

gumbydamnit said:

As a side note, our neighborhood has already had one pitbull shot dead by an owner. Pitbull went after a man and a woman walking their dogs. Unfortunately for the pitbull, the man was a cop who was carrying his service weapon (many cops, even when off duty, carry their gun legally). You know how this ends for the pitbull.

Green for offing the pitbull.

paging blok

gumbydamnit said: You must not know what section 8 housing is and/or didnt read my full post. The owner of the property wants them out and she needs to have a judicial act to make this happen under section 8.
I read your post, and have a limited understanding of section 8. But your complaint is about crappy neighbors. You are not the landlord, so the rules of section 8 are not helpful to you as a neighbor (unless there is a special provision for grievances of the neighbor). For all you know your neighbor's landlord could be telling you lies about how she wants to kick out the people but can't just to appease your complaints. Maybe she is secretly happy because of some illegal payments by the tenants.
My grandmother had some crappy neighbors. She told the police how they smoked weed on the front porch, how they had a broken down car parked on the street, let their dog run loose, didn't remove garbage can from the curb, etc. Eventually they moved. The goal is to make your neighbors hate living there as much as you hate them living there.

biomedeng said: gumbydamnit said: You must not know what section 8 housing is and/or didnt read my full post. The owner of the property wants them out and she needs to have a judicial act to make this happen under section 8.
I read your post, and have a limited understanding of section 8. But your complaint is about crappy neighbors. You are not the landlord, so the rules of section 8 are not helpful to you as a neighbor (unless there is a special provision for grievances of the neighbor). For all you know your neighbor's landlord could be telling you lies about how she wants to kick out the people but can't just to appease your complaints. Maybe she is secretly happy because of some illegal payments by the tenants.
My grandmother had some crappy neighbors. She told the police how they smoked weed on the front porch, how they had a broken down car parked on the street, let their dog run loose, didn't remove garbage can from the curb, etc. Eventually they moved. The goal is to make your neighbors hate living there as much as you hate them living there.

I understand and hear ya on making their life unpleasant. Unfortunately, I think these folks are used to having neighbor issues. These people arent moving unless forced to do so, thats why I am going to the landlord and section 8. They (sect 8 and landlord) are the ones with the legal power to make them move. Im going to make noise in the ear of the folks who have the legal ability to remove this tenant. Legal neighbor agitations I dont feel will be enough to remove these people.

As for a grievance process for neighbors, I havent found anything specifically, but I have come to learn that there are certain "family obligations" that section 8 tenants must abide by. They are in violation of many of these obligations.

dis place be stank

Fatwallet favorite:
Sue the home owner in small claims for a deed restriction violation.
(note, I assume this property is zoned single family, so in my state that means no more than 2 unrelated parties can live there).

Course, if they're related, you're screwed.

Document, document, document. Document who is coming and going, take photos, be ready to prove that more than 2 unrelated families are there?
Need to prove unrelated, most states can give ownership info from license plates.

ppatin said: This is why I love having illegal immigrants as my next door neighbors. They know that if they cause trouble people will call ICE on them

this is why i love having no neighbors very close to my property

I can sympathize with you. My previous neighborhood went downhill as well when the houses were (quietly) bought up by the state. When I first had my house built, there weren't many other houses in the neighborhood. Over time more houses were built until the neighborhood was complete. Since these were lower priced starter homes, the state decided to snap up a bunch of them to become public housing. They told no one they were doing this, of course. The neighborhood turned bad fairly quickly. You would see cars sitting at stop signs for long periods of time late at night. One time I was walking around the block for exercise and happened to glance at someone sitting on his porch talking on the phone. I couldn't hear him because I was wearing an iPod but nevertheless he tracked me down with his car and wanted to know why I was staring at him listening to what he was saying on the phone. It would have been a futile effort to complain to the state about the different tenants. So I wound up buying a new house on the outskirts of town costing more than double what my previous house cost. This was an expensive solution but it did remove any chance that I would be moving into another neighborhood filled with section 8 housing because the state would never spend more than it had to on a house. Yes, I know this is not feasible for a lot of people but I'm just sharing my story.

After a half day of making phone calls and internet research, I have:

- spoken to someone who represents the landlord and exchanged a few emails with her. the home is owned by a lady who lives in the bahamas, the mother acts as her agent regarding the rental property. mom and i have had several chats today and have been sharing information. there is no doubt in my mind that the tenant is unwanted and that they are trouble for the landlord as well. im pretty sure that mom is tired of dealing with the tenant.

- mom told me that she tried to evict the tenant and that they went to court. i verified this online with court records. the mom was suprised when i informed her that the case was dismised in judgement for the defendant back in Dec 2009. i think she was under the impression that there was still an active case. there arent many details on the case listed online (didnt have a chance to go to the courthouse to pull file), but it appears that the mom brought suit agaist the tenant (mom is listed as the complaintant), which i didnt think she could do (it would have to be the owner/landlord who'd have to be the plaintff.) perhaps this is why they lost. i dont believe they had a lawyer represent them in this manner, if they did, i wouldnt have the section 8 neighbor anymore. im not certain exactly what happened, but from what i can put together, I think mom filed a suit, the daughter went to court with a non attorney friend, they were ill prepared, lost, and then decided that they should get a lawyer. things probably quieted down a little and sleeping dogs were let to lie.

- found the puppy pitbull pissing in my yard again this morning. i banged on the door, asked for the adult in the house. the lady who's legally on the lease asked whats wrong. i asked her to step outside and speak with me away from the kids. to summarize, i told her to keep the dog out of my yard, she isnt supposed to have any pets in the first place, that i have contacted the landlord, and that im going to contact section 8 regarding the many violations of her "family obligations" - section 8 terminolgy (stressed the number of people living in the house). she said she was moving out next month anyway (she has told the landlord this for months), that the dog was an american bulldog (told her she was lying, I know the difference between a pitbull and bulldog), that the dog wasnt hers (told her once again, that is a lie, you told my wife last night it was yours), that only she lives there with her kids (i pointed out her sister, the mother, the sisters kids, the boyfriends and told her she was lying)

- i've gotten the name and contact information for the associate director of sect 8 in my area + the program directors name and number. I will be encouraging the HOA and my neighbors to file complaints. ive also passed this info on to the landlord (ok, its the landlords mom) and told her she needed to press the matter. i will give the mom/landlord a few days to take action. if they do not, i will take the advice of dcg9381, and threaten the owner/landlord/mom with a lawsuit of my own.

gumbydamnit said: - found the puppy pitbull pissing in my yard again this morning.
You are making this too complicated. Why didn't you call 911 and say "Help, help! There is a pitbull in my yard and it tried to chase me down. I am unable to leave my house because of this dangerous animal on my property." Animal control would have come, and they would have taken any dog (even puppies) not on a leash, especially if it was still on your property when they got there.
Stop talking to your neighbors. If they are this ghetto they either won't care about your complaints or will seek revenge against you.
Stop talking to the landlord. They sound incompetent if they can't evict such a lousy tenant. You coaching them on the laws of section 8 probably won't help much.

Quit making up stuff. Section 8 has nothing to do with the people being bad tenants, they would be lousy tenants Section 8 or not. I receive section 8 assistance. I pay my rent ($545) and section 8 pays the balance ($495). Any person on section 8 has their rules(section 8) in addition to the landlord's rules. With the tenant being month to month give them a 60 day notice to vacate, file it with the court and be done with them. Be sure to file a copy of the last least they signed. The best thing these sorry excuses for tenants did was to not sign a renewal. If in 60 days they are still there with your vacate notice in hand pay a sheriff, constable or whoever to remove them forcefully and of course legally.

SECTION 8 SHOULD BE SHUT THE FARK DOWN NOW

I'm a raging liberal but understand that subsidized housing is the worst plan

you have to view people as animals who are searching and fighting for resources to truly understand the following...
low income requirements create pockets of concentrated low income families. This breeds crime as cost of living is higher in dense/urban areas and job opportunities are fewer.

The solution is to keep property taxes high throughout higher density urban dwellings, pushing out low income renters/owners. This will push them into suburbs and ideally rural areas where they will disburse into lower density areas. Gangs don't work when you have to drive 20 minutes to your nearest gun slinger. Plus there isn't encroachment issues as gang territories are usually eliminated.

........the rest is more experimental as I haven't ironed out the theory yet....
Ponder this, how many homeless people do you see in rural areas? Well with this plan you also have to get tough on homeless, make sure they have adequate mental health care, then get them a job in a rural area near places were rent is dirt cheap...you can even link them with other homeless to rent places.

wackyrabbit said: SECTION 8 SHOULD BE SHUT THE FARK DOWN NOW

I'm a raging liberal but understand that subsidized housing is the worst plan

you have to view people as animals who are searching and fighting for resources to truly understand the following...
low income requirements create pockets of concentrated low income families. This breeds crime as cost of living is higher in dense/urban areas and job opportunities are fewer.

The solution is to keep property taxes high throughout higher density urban dwellings, pushing out low income renters/owners. This will push them into suburbs and ideally rural areas where they will disburse into lower density areas. Gangs don't work when you have to drive 20 minutes to your nearest gun slinger. Plus there isn't encroachment issues as gang territories are usually eliminated.

........the rest is more experimental as I haven't ironed out the theory yet....
Ponder this, how many homeless people do you see in rural areas? Well with this plan you also have to get tough on homeless, make sure they have adequate mental health care, then get them a job in a rural area near places were rent is dirt cheap...you can even link them with other homeless to rent places.

I think you need to read the HUD website as you're not making a whole lot of sense. There's two parts to section 8, there's housing projects which are section 8 projects and then there's the section 8 voucher system. It sounds like the OP has a neighbor who's landlord is participating in the section 8 voucher system. This means that section 8 tenants can live anywhere in the city where a landlord will accept their voucher. What HUD does or agencies that receive hud funds to administer the program is determine what the rents are for an area and the amount of money is competitive for the area. In the past, when rents were shooting up, their guidelines were a little behind the times, but with rents falling in certain areas, a section 8 tenant's voucher actually looks better to some landlords than a market rate tenant.

Oh and for tax purposes, usually those areas are owned by non-profits or government agencies which guess what? don't have to pay taxes on their property so having high property taxes only affects the private sector. It's really why your rant makes no sense.

As for the OP's problem, a lot of it also has to do with the nature of the lease. Section 8 tenants are no different than regular tenants, it's just that the government pays part of their rent. Without actually looking at the lease, you don't know if it is a one year lease, a tenant at will or a lease that automatically renews if not terminated by either party within a specific time period. Perhaps the latter is what happened with regard to the lease. Also those items mentioned could be lease violations, but is it in the lease? Each state typically has their own health code and it's up to code enforcement to enforce them. It's probably a violation to have too many people living in a unit that aren't related to each other, some here have said two, in my state it's no more than 3 living together that aren't related, but local laws could be more strict than state law. If there are lease violations, the landlord could notify the tenant about them and then go to court when they fail to address them. But again, you don't know what's in the lease.

Section 8 is based on income and if there are more people living there than there should be, then that's a fraud problem. People who commit fraud are either forced to pay it back or can get kicked off the program.

ppatin said: This is why I love having illegal immigrants as my next door neighbors. They know that if they cause trouble people will call ICE on them

Have you ever try to call ICE?

Not sure about other place, but here in California, there are too many illegal immigrants, ICE can only going after the hardcore criminal ones.

Report them to your local housing authority (which oversee Section 8 vouchers & can kick those people off). IMO, evict an section 8 tenant is just like evict anyone else. Maybe the landlord acts on her interest, not on your interest.

To Henry:

I do know a few things about the lease and rental situation:

-it was a one year lease, it was not renewed.
-the lease only allows three people, the single mom and her 2 kids. Many more are living there.
-the lease does not allow pets, they have a cat & dog now.
-this section 8 house is not in a project, but in a middle class family neighborhood
-according to the landlord, the government pays for the entire rental...nothing due from tenant

It sounds like there might be some folks reading this that have a more in depth knowledge of section 8 and what is required to remove a tenant. If in fact the lease was not renewed, can the landlord simply send a letter to vacate within 60 days? How do you get anyone in the Section 8 office to move quickly, can it be done? The tenants are clearly in violation of their section 8 agreement - how hard is it to get a section 8 tenant kicked out of the program all together?

go over and smoke a blunt with them.

gumbydamnit said: To Henry:

-the lease only allows three people, the single mom and her 2 kids. Many more are living there.
-this section 8 house is not in a project, but in a middle class family neighborhood
-according to the landlord, the government pays for the entire rental...nothing due from tenant

It sounds like there might be some folks reading this that have a more in depth knowledge of section 8 and what is required to remove a tenant. If in fact the lease was not renewed, can the landlord simply send a letter to vacate within 60 days? How do you get anyone in the Section 8 office to move quickly, can it be done? The tenants are clearly in violation of their section 8 agreement - how hard is it to get a section 8 tenant kicked out of the program all together?

i am no expert but i had to evict a sec 8 tenant and once was enough, never sec 8 again!!

you could complain to housing or sheriff but that's won't do too much good, the violations you cited are rather minor offenses, unless it's felony or drugs evolved or the pitbull hurting somebody, the bureaucrats will just keep dragging their feet on small violations, the best way is for the landlord to go through the eviction, as she has the legal authority to kick them out.....as to whether they will be kicked out of sec 8 for good, not a frigging chance.... all they get is a warning or slap on the wrist, they will just move on to trash another neighborhood, remember these sec 8 people do get free attorneys to fight you (the landlord or anybody who crosses their pathway) in court

gumbydamnit said:
- according to the landlord, the government pays for the entire rental...nothing due from tenant
- how hard is it to get a section 8 tenant kicked out of the program all together?

What does the landlord get for kicking the tenant out? (besides losing 1 -> 2 month of rental income)

From the landlord point of view, this is a pretty good rental:
- Section 8 always pay in full, on time, and in many area, with direct deposit. No hassle dealing with collecting rent.
- Tenants are stable. They get to live there rent free, and won't move any where.

You's a racist!

dcg9381 said: Fatwallet favorite:
(note, I assume this property is zoned single family, so in my state that means no more than 2 unrelated parties can live there).

Document, document, document. Document who is coming and going, take photos, be ready to prove that more than 2 unrelated families are there?
Need to prove unrelated, most states can give ownership info from license plates.

Is this true? Many houses that are rented by college students are shared among a group of friends.

Anyway, IMO, this is easy said than done. Unless OP is a lawyers, the upfront cost of a lawyer would be too much.

gumbydamnit said: To Henry:

I've evicted section 8 tenants, in my case it was easy as the lease had expired and it was just a tenant at will at that point.

As to your points, if the lease is expired, the landlord can just give a notice to terminate the tenancy. Depending on the state, the time of the notice can vary. Those other items, the extra people, no pets, the amount section 8 pays typically aren't relevant. Once you terminate a tenancy, that's it. If they're still there, it depends on the eviction proceedings of the state your in. Typically you have to prove that you provided proper notice so that may involve a constable or just sending a certified letter or handing them a notice in person and having it witnessed.

It really just sounds like the landlord doesn't really know how to evict and as they don't live near there, they're dragging their feet because they're still getting the rent.

You don't really need to get the section 8 office involved, lots of people think that they do more than they actually do. They typically draft up a pretty strong lease but usually after a year, they like the tenant to have the option to move if they want to. As for getting them kicked out, I think all you can do is report the fraud to the local hud office. As a third party this is probably a little tricky to do, but all you really need is the tenants name. Beyond that, it's really a matter between the tenant and the section 8 agency. Your best bet is to let the tenant know that if section 8 finds out about the extra people, they could get kicked out of the program and then they're off their gravy train. Usually that's better coming from the landlord.

The mistake here is that there seems to be an assumption that section 8 helps somehow. The local office can probably speak with the tenant, but beyond that, with the voucher system, they can be treated the same as any other tenant. Don't like them, lease expired, just terminate their tenancy, no reason needed and notify the local section 8 office. There also seems to be some assumption that you can't evict a section 8 tenant. The reason you can't evict someone is due to a lease provision and if the lease is expired or there's no such provision, then you can do it. Of course there may be other local laws that will protect certain classes like elderly, veteran, disabled etc., but that's all based on the laws of the state and local ordinances.

broke25engineer said: dcg9381 said: Fatwallet favorite:

Is this true? Many houses that are rented by college students are shared among a group of friends.

Anyway, IMO, this is easy said than done. Unless OP is a lawyers, the upfront cost of a lawyer would be too much.

Housing ordinance codes are not universal. Many areas do limit the number of non-related people who can live in a house (some places I have seen as high as 5 others as low as 2). Other cities do not address this. You must read the rules for your area.
I am not aware, however, how you can personally sue the offending neighbor in court. Code enforcement is usually handled by city/county officials who can either order the neighbor to comply or start fining the neighbor. Please explain to me how I can sue my neighbor for violating a leash law ordinance any easier than I can sue him or her for failing to stop at the stop sign in my neighborhood.

When I checked on accepting section 8, the lady at the section 8 office here made it very clear to me that they would not be involved in evictions or enforcement. Evictions are simply handled in the normal way. Which basically means renters can easily be thrown out for any lease violation. Pets, number of people, etc. And, when I have been to court for evictions (always for non-payment in my case), the court only deals with the facts. IMHO the landlord could easily throw them out, if given specific verifiable evidence of lease violation (photos perhaps). (Assuming she really wants them out} However, it is unlikely that landlord will camp out trying to get necessary evidence. You may have to do that for her. And/or get one or two other neighbors that would be willing to testify to the lease violations in court.

It's more difficult to evict a Section 8 tenant in the 1st year of the lease (you need "cause") but it's easier after the 1st year. In either case, violations of the law constitute "cause" and give the landlord the grounds for the eviction, and if there are repeated instances of disturbances at the residence, a judge would likely boot them. She should hire a lawyer familiar with the Section 8 lease to do the eviction because every paragraph of that lease has been litigated and the eviction must be done exactly or the tenants' free lawyer will get the petition dismissed. For example, you need to mail a copy of the eviction notice and petitiont to the Section 8 office or else it's a fatal defect and the petition will be dismissed.

Skipping 56 Messages...
I guess it depends where you are but evicting a tenant needless to say A SECTION 8 recipient in Brooklyn New York is like pulling teeth unnecessarily. This last time was a roll of the dice made easier and evicted the "individual". Section 8 still nailed us in Article 78 basically forfeiting paying the back rent due to the eviction.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014