eBILLS - how to cancel them?

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Many banks now offer ebills. However with some banks, one has no option to cancel the ebills and you cant delete a payee or readd them to new banks without cancelling the ebills in the first place.

How does one go about cancelling out ebills and/or moving them over to new institutions?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

I have the same problem with my Macy's card. I used to receive ebills through CheckFree and now I can't transfer the ebills to Wells Fargo.

So what do we do? Call up the initial party (Macy's or whatnot) and have them remove ebills? There should be more portability to ebills.

Fortunately the email address they are using is the same so the issue here isn't that I will not receive bills but rather one of scheduling automatic payments.

Are you able to see the ebills on checkfree dot com? If so, here is how to inactivate them.

My bank allows you to stop your ebills online through the bill pay section (manage your ebills). If you have no such option at your bank site, I imagine you are stuck and will need to contact your bank's bill pay department.

That works for CheckFree, but other banks have no such option.

I have same problem with The Gas Company. Ebill going to B of A and tried to switch to WF with no luck.

gwu1986 said: My bank allows you to stop your ebills online through the bill pay section (manage your ebills). If you have no such option at your bank site, I imagine you are stuck and will need to contact your bank's bill pay department.
My credit union also allows cancellation of ebills any time. Sounds like some banks just purposely bury the cancellation info. Contact the current bank handling the billpay. I'm guessing that the ebill needs to be cancelled at Bank 1 and enabled at Bank 2 (rather than an easy transfer option), and there might be a brief waiting period needed in between. Personally, any bank that can't offer simple accessible options for common services would end up losing my business ...

One can probably contact the payee on file to cancel the ebills and switch to paper.

Sort of dumb that they can be locked like this since some websites of some institutions do not allow for cancelling out ebills.

Ebills are sent via email however and so as long as the email is not changed, the only affected part will be the automatic scheduling of payments.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014