• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Got the bonus last year June 9, 2009 ... (archived thread)

Then I closed my account on Feb 3, 2010 via fax.

Now they're offering a bonus again.

A $50 minimum deposit is required to open a U.S. Bank Checking account. Get your cash bonus when you open a new consumer checking account by September 30, 2010 and set up a recurring direct deposit of at least $100 within 60 days of account opening. Your bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS Form 1099-INT and will be credited to your new checking account within 6-8 weeks after direct deposit is established assuming account is open and in good standing. Offer is not transferable. Offer may not be combined with any other cash bonus or marketing offers. One offer per household. Other restrictions may apply. Fees charged for non-U.S. Bank ATM transactions may apply and other ATM network owners may assess a usage fee.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

how do we get the invitation?

What would be the requirements for direct deposit? Bank to bank ACH transfers okay?

Is there a promo code?

OP, last year's promotion was for CURRENT/EXISTING customers. If that is ALSO true for this year's promo, maybe you should include that in the title...

I believe all current US Bank credit card clients are eligible if they do not have an existing bank account with them. There is no promo code.

I updated the title. Thanks for the tip, Tech...

jackcrawfish said: I believe all current US Bank credit card clients are eligible if they do not have an existing bank account with them. There is no promo code.

Not a problem (about the tip), but prob for me... I can't take advantage of it, because I do not have a relationship with them. I wonder IF I applied for a card NOW, if the offer would become available?

jack, do you live in a state where US bank has branches? I have US Bank credit card but didn't receive this email? (there are no US bank branches where I live)

jackcrawfish said: I believe all current US Bank credit card clients are eligible if they do not have an existing bank account with them. There is no promo code.

worst customer service in the whole U.S.

I have a credit card with them and I did not receive this promo. So I'm guessing this is for existing "banking" customers?

chantspel said: I have a credit card with them and I did not receive this promo. So I'm guessing this is for existing "banking" customers?

I have a CC with them and I got this offer twice this year.

Thanks for the info. I've only had the card for about 2 months maybe that's why I didn't get it.

I got an offer in the mail for a $100 checking bonus, not the $150. I currently have a credit card with them.

My email mentioned the options of opening online, or at my local branch--for which they gave the address.

They might be targeting those who both have a credit card with them, and live within their branch footprint.

Perhaps that's true.

I live in an area with 9 branch locations within 20 miles of my address.

Idea for those of us who are not a USB customer of any kind right now. Since USBank makes offers like this from time to time (I *think*) maybe open a savings account only under their $100 promo and see what they offer you in the future.

bonus posted
Disclaimer
bonus posted after a few direct deposits from my employer payroll.

Just received this offer in the mail today. Like jackcrawfish, I took part in a similar offer last year and have since closed that checking/savings account.

Will be signing up in branch next week!

Beyond the $150 offer, which may or may not be targeted, US Bank seems to also be offering two $50 Visa gift cards for account holders who enroll in their S.T.A.R.T. program: http://www.usbank.com/en/personal/products_and_services/savings/...

USbank website said:
Celebrate Your Savings Milestones
Enjoy rewards from US when you reach one or both S.T.A.R.T. goals:

-When your savings balance reaches $1,000, we’ll recognize your achievement with a $50 U.S. Bank Rewards Visa® Card5.
-Maintain a balance of $1,000 or more in your account for one year, and earn another $50 U.S. Bank Rewards Visa Card.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014