• filter:
  • 1 234534
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/paymentsend

what's cool is you can text money to each other... like splitting bills at a restaurant.. on they fly!!

you can purchase from your phone too. Just sent a text to Amazon and send (example) Metroid other M. Amazon reply back with buying choices. SIMPLE.

I'n not sure how long this will last but anything is better than eBay and paypal. Amazon is a huge and reputable company with great customer service...can't lose even if they start to take fees later on. Also, you can send money to each other using your credit card (rack up some points) however, there is $1000 per month limit (still, better than nothing).

Ads by Google
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Just do 1 for some variable  odd number like $998.77  Probably doesn't matter but that's what I have been doing for year... (more)

MisterEd (Jul. 21, 2014 @ 4:51p) |

Looks like this deal is dying. Had 4 payments accounts for a year now with no problem. All 4 shut down this month.

mike7320 (Jul. 31, 2014 @ 1:02p) |

It died only for abusers (look in the mirror)!

sloppy1 (Jul. 31, 2014 @ 1:33p) |

DO NOT ASK ANY QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD WHICH HAS BEEN HIJACKED BY SELF STYLED FINANCE GURUS

Instead read here for most comprehensive step by step & up to date info : http://millionmilesecrets.com/2011/07/07/fast-track-your-credit-...

Using Amazon Payments to Spend Gift Cards

tricks to avoiding balance transfer/cash advance fees----- open up a card that has 0% APR send yourself the money by Amazon. this transaction will be considered a purchase(your intro offer is 0% APR on purchases)...voila now you dont have to pay the money for back and there's NO finance charges!!

No Cash Advance Fees:
AMEX
CapitalOne Cash Rewards
Chase Freedom
Citi Forward (when selecting goods & services) (Jan 2013)
Discover
Fidelity Investment AMEX
USB ADA card (Jan 2013)
Chase Ink Bold/Plus
Us Bank Cash+ Visa (May 2013)

rated:
I wonder if you can use the MTVU card to get 5x points...

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said: Also, you can send money to each other using your credit card (rack up some points) however, there is $1000 per month limit (still, better than nothing).
Are you sure you can earn points (because it looks like bill pay)? Also, I assume no fees using a registered credit card (treated as purchase not cash advance and no other service fees)?

rated:
Cash Advances fees by CC?

rated:

rated:
You'll probably find out it is Paypal... Paypal has there hand in ALOT of payment transfer systems. Not sure where the original person in this thread was coming from on no fees... there is clearly fees.

rated:
MmmmJoel said: Fees:
https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/about?nodeId=6022

And that will seal the deal!

rated:
You can text each other money with venmo.com too with no fees.

rated:
Seems to me it's free to send money but costs the fee to receive - doesn't seem any different than PayPal (except that you can ditch PP).

rated:
The fee structure is very similar to that of PayPal's.

rated:
You can send $1000/month funded by a cc for free.

rated:
Not to be dense, but where are you seeing the $1,000/month limit? I've looked all over the site and I don't see that. I'm looking to use this to take advantage of the KTC program from BoA: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/983301/?start=0. Even with the 5% fees + .05 fees, it would be worth it, because you'd be getting an ~88% return on your money. That is, if they haven't locked it down to prevent multiple $1.01 transactions. This would also eliminate the concern about cash advance vs. purchase charges, because you'd be using a debit card.

rated:
I see "bank regulation" issues in their near future.... unless they already planned for it.

Too many scams out there (not saying Amazon is a scam, but regs are regs)... and paypal has LOTS of govt. reps on their payroll (google paypal / eBay political contributions).

rated:
financial87 said: You can send $1000/month funded by a cc for free.

I know, but the website said if the transaction is above > USD10, the person who receive the fund will be charged 2.9% + $0.30 for all transactions.

In this case, it's USD 29 that the receiver has to pay to receive.

Therefore, I won't be jumping on this deal.

rated:
I don't use Paypal unless absolutely necessary and I don't know much about online payment systems generally, but is the below guarantee something that could potentially be of value when using Amazon Payments to buy things on non-Amazon sites?

"The condition of the merchandise (excluding gift cards) you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed with A-to-z Guarantee."
https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/personal

rated:
can i pay with Amazon GC?

rated:
The fact they use the 5cent 5% on micropayments without having to sign up is awsome.

rated:
I think the fees discussed here are for Amazon Payments used for "Checkout by Amazon and Amazon Simple Pay", which is different than "Amazon WebPay" in the OP:

Amazon WebPay FAQ said:
5. Is there a fee for using Amazon WebPay?
No, there is no charge to send money using Amazon WebPay.

Link

rated:
9. How do I fund the payment?
You can fund your payment using the credit card on file or from your Available Balance.

As soon as you verify the bank account information added to your account, you can add funds to your Available Balance. To add funds to your Available Balance, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Amazon Payments account.
2. Click the Deposit tab.
3. Select your bank account from the drop-down menu.
4. Enter the amount you want to transfer from your bank account to your Payments account.
5. Click Continue.
Note: You cannot add funds to your Amazon Payments account by using a credit card.

rated:
Wondering if this is something worth testing out. CitiForward + MTVu give 5x points on Amazon.com purchases (bookstore). Would sending payments be worth it for the $1000 per month limit to make a few bucks? ($1000*2.9*+$.30=$29.30) is the cost to the receiver (I'm sure you could find a method to simply send to yourself), and the benefit seemingly would be $1000*5=5000 TY points which depending on your circumstances and redemption could range between $upper 30s and $50. so a small gain but little pain potentially.

EDIT:

Personal Account
Personal Accounts may receive up to $500 per month. The receiving limit may be raised or removed entirely once a credit card and verified bank account have been registered in the account.
Personal Accounts may send up to $500 per month once a credit card or verified bank account is registered in the account. Once both are registered, the sending limit may be raised or removed entirely.
Personal Accounts may withdraw funds to verified bank accounts. Also, Personal Accounts may purchase Amazon.com gift certificates. Please see Adding New Payment Methods for details on verifying your bank account.

rated:
Cheapoking said: 9. How do I fund the payment?
You can fund your payment using the credit card on file or from your Available Balance.

As soon as you verify the bank account information added to your account, you can add funds to your Available Balance. To add funds to your Available Balance, follow these steps:

4. Enter the amount you want to transfer from your bank account to your Payments account.
5. Click Continue.
Note: You cannot add funds to your Amazon Payments account by using a credit card.

Same here. I dont see any benefits if we cant fund it with a cc

rated:
I wonder if it works if the recipient's bank is outside the US.

rated:
Cheapoking said: 9. How do I fund the payment?

5. Click Continue.
Looks like you can't add to your Available Balance with a CC, but you can make a payment with a CC. They don't want you moving money from your CC to your bank account.

rated:
zarut1 said: financial87 said: You can send $1000/month funded by a cc for free.

I know, but the website said if the transaction is above > USD10, the person who receive the fund will be charged 2.9% + $0.30 for all transactions.

In this case, it's USD 29 that the receiver has to pay to receive.

Therefore, I won't be jumping on this deal.

What are you looking at, Amazon Checkout for business accounts??

Try looking at Amazon Webpay for personal use:
https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/personal/webpay/faq

rated:
olegos said: I think the fees discussed here are for Amazon Payments used for "Checkout by Amazon and Amazon Simple Pay", which is different than "Amazon WebPay" in the OP:Amazon WebPay FAQ said:
Link
Right, no charge to send money using Amazon WebPay. Doesn't say anything about receiving money.

rated:
Ok! I tried their service - Amazon WebPay - Look under personal section (not business).
I sent some money to my sister as payment of services and my sister cashed out to a bank account. Now it will take 3-5 days to see the money in the bank. But, on both ends there was no transaction charge.
Its quite nice and simple service!

Also when one sends money, it asks you if it is payment for products/services or a cash advance. Of course, under cash advance it says that you might be charged a fee by CC.

rated:
Enough tipping toeing - how could this be milked the legal FW way?

rated:
ratracet said: You'll probably find out it is Paypal... Paypal has there hand in ALOT of payment transfer systems. Not sure where the original person in this thread was coming from on no fees... there is clearly fees.

There is the verb to allot.
There is the noun, a lot.
There is no word, alot.

English lesson is now over.

rated:
scripta said: olegos said: I think the fees discussed here are for Amazon Payments used for "Checkout by Amazon and Amazon Simple Pay", which is different than "Amazon WebPay" in the OP:Amazon WebPay FAQ said:
Link
Right, no charge to send money using Amazon WebPay. Doesn't say anything about receiving money.

I saw that, but given the question, it would be extremely misleading of them to start the answer with "No" and neglect to mention a receiving fee, if there was one. (Reminds me how I saw on some calling card "No connection fee!" in big letters, but then hidden in the small print was a "disconnection fee". I hope Amazon is above that.)

rated:
How does this compare to Obopay? That company has been around since 2006:

Obopay fees

rated:
Right -- cannot fund your Amazon.com balance with a credit card, but you CAN send up to a $1000 to anyone using your credit card. Basically Amazon is subsidizing the credit card purchase fees in order to increase their subscriber base. Once they hit critical mass, they may change terms. For right now, you are good to go.

rated:
fllniks said: Ok! I tried their service - Amazon WebPay - Look under personal section (not business).
I sent some money to my sister as payment of services and my sister cashed out to a bank account. Now it will take 3-5 days to see the money in the bank. But, on both ends there was no transaction charge.

Also when one sends money, it asks you if it is payment for products/services or a cash advance. Of course, under cash advance it says that you might be charged a fee by CC.

So, you are saying that your sister will be charged if you send her the money by choosing cash advance and using credit cards.

What if you send the money by choosing a payment for products/services and using credit cards? Will your sister get charged for receiving the money?

rated:
suniljm said: Right -- cannot fund your Amazon.com balance with a credit card, but you CAN send up to a $1000 to anyone using your credit card. Basically Amazon is subsidizing the credit card purchase fees in order to increase their subscriber base. Once they hit critical mass, they may change terms. For right now, you are good to go.

I don't know about this and maybe someone can clear it up. Though you can send money with no fees by using a credit card, it seems that to receive a credit card payment you need a business or seller account. And, though I didn't look any further than that, I wonder if you don't have fees associated with accepting cc payments with those accounts.

rated:
Here is a link to the user agreement: https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/helpTab/Personal-Accounts/User-Agreement-Policies/User-Agreement

rated:
zarut1 said: fllniks said:

So, you are saying that your sister will be charged if you send her the money by choosing cash advance and using credit cards.

I don't get that interpretation. I read it as 'if we process it as a cash transaction, your credit card company may hit you with a cash advance fee and interest from day one'.

rated:
zarut1 said: fllniks said: Ok! I tried their service - Amazon WebPay - Look under personal section (not business).

What if you send the money by choosing a payment for products/services and using credit cards? Will your sister get charged for receiving the money?

No, I will be charged a fee by the credit card company if I select cash advance option and pay by credit card.

Here's what I did: I registered for Amazon WebPay service, Then I sent $25 to my sister's phone number. My sister recd a sms from Amazon saying she has recd $25 to redeem go to http://payments.amazon.com/claim. She went there and registered for the service - they required credit card and bank acct info and mobile number. They verified the bank account (they do that by online login or by send few cents to your bank account). Then she recd $25 in her acct and she transferred all $25 to the bank account and she was not charged any fee.

rated:
fllniks said: zarut1 said: fllniks said: Ok! I tried their service - Amazon WebPay - Look under personal section (not business).

No, I will be charged a fee by the credit card company if I select cash advance option and pay by credit card.

Here's what I did: I registered for Amazon WebPay service, Then I sent $25 to my sister's phone number. My sister recd a sms from Amazon saying she has recd $25 to redeem go to http://payments.amazon.com/claim. She went there and registered for the service - they required credit card and bank acct info and mobile number. They verified the bank account (they do that by online login or by send few cents to your bank account). Then she recd $25 in her acct and she transferred all $25 to the bank account and she was not charged any fee.

So did you send the $25 from funds you transferred in from a bank or a CC?

rated:
I sent from CC

rated:
so it seems a good way to spend some CC money to qualify my AA 75k bonus miles?
fllniks said: I sent from CC

Skipping 1283 Messages...
rated:
mike7320 said:   Looks like this deal is dying. Had 4 payments accounts for a year now with no problem. All 4 shut down this month.
  It died only for abusers (look in the mirror)!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1 234534
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014