• filter:
  • 127282930 31
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
urtpiz said:   I'm stumped coming up with account "C". A and B are up and running, but I just don't have anyone else that would be a good candidate for C. Maybe call dear old mom and ask for SS and DL and hope she says "sure here you go, sonny"? I'm not going to chance it by going from A to B and back to A, although I have seen many claim to do it without problem.

Have many many many many children.  That's what all the guys on Dansdeals do.

rated:
urtpiz said:   I guess the work around is to use a second computer at homeNo, that's not a workaround.

rated:
scripta said:   
urtpiz said:   I guess the work around is to use a second computer at home
No, that's not a workaround.

So all computers inside a home would have the same IP address?  

rated:
urtpiz said:   
scripta said:   

As far as Amazon is concerned, yes.

rated:
talonesi said:   
urtpiz said:   
scripta said:   

As far as Amazon is concerned, yes.

Well darn. There goes using 2 smartphones, 2 laptops, desktop and tablet.  

Edit: I kid. 

rated:
ok i'll whip out the spoon just in case anyone is unclear..

use CC to send from A>B then cashout to B's cking account
use CC to send from B>A then cashout to A's cking account

what you don't want to do is A>B then straight back to A without cashing out.  that's where people have reported problems.
i used to use incognito browser but now i just don't care.  all that would do is prevent cookie tracking, and IP tracking is surely happening.  question is, does Am@z0n care?  i don't think they do.  this program is a loss leader to test the system and get users into it, so surely they are aware of us but like so many other MS deals, we're  not breaking the bank, just a minor annoyance.

rated:
MDfive21 said:   ok i'll whip out the spoon just in case anyone is unclear..

what you don't want to do is A>B then straight back to A without cashing out.  that's where people have reported problems.
i used to use incognito browser but now i just don't care.  all that would do is prevent cookie tracking, and IP tracking is surely happening.  question is, does Am@z0n care?  i don't think they do.  this program is a loss leader to test the system and get users into it, so surely they are aware of us but like so many other MS deals, we're  not breaking the bank, just a minor annoyance.

Exactly.  I used to use a free VPN provider TUNNELBEAR.COM  (still have them by the way and they are excellent) but don't even bother doing that any more.  The "cash out first" part is the key and I would also suggest a 30 minute or so wait before going in reverse just to CYA.

rated:

I've thought about doing that several times, but was a little paranoid. Maybe I'll man up now.  Would that lack of concern also allow you to use the same CC for both A and B, or is that pushing it?  

rated:

Yeah, but what am I supposed to do with the spoon? Can spoons have AP accounts? 

rated:
corporateclaw said:   

Yeah, but what am I supposed to do with the spoon? Can spoons have AP accounts? 

does your spoon have a DL and SSN?  if so, then yes it can.  

urtpiz said:   

I've thought about doing that several times, but was a little paranoid. Maybe I'll man up now.  Would that lack of concern also allow you to use the same CC for both A and B, or is that pushing it?  

nope, that's what i do.  primary acct holder and AU on the same card has not drawn any fire.

rated:
talonesi said:   urtpiz said:   scripta said:   urtpiz said:   I guess the work around is to use a second computer at homeNo, that's not a workaround.So all computers inside a home would have the same IP address?As far as the Internet is concerned, yes.Fixed.

rated:
hey folks. i've been unable to add my di$cover card to AP all month long. put in all the details, and it shows up on my AZ account, but it does not show up in the drop down menu of sources to send from on AP. is this some sort of AA?

rated:
motuwallet said:   hey folks. i've been unable to add my di$cover card to AP all month long. put in all the details, and it shows up on my AZ account, but it does not show up in the drop down menu of sources to send from on AP. is this some sort of AA?

Not certain, I just checked mine and I have my Discover showing up in the list.  

rated:
I have tried searching this thread for answers to my questions but haven't found specifically what I need.

1) If your account does get shut down, what happens to any transactions in process? ie does getting an account shut down = losing any money? I am trying to figure out the risks here.
2) I already have set up an account in my name and in my wife's name (same address), before finding out about the "benefits" of Amazon payments. Is it worthwhile/possible to change her address at this point, say to her work address, with the intention of doing A>B and B>A.

Thanks!

rated:
AP just does not care with existing AXP cards.
I use my account in chrome and my wife's account in IE doing 1K + 1K at the same time w/o problem minutes ago.

Yes, I tried once with newly added UB GCs couple days ago and failed.

rated:
kyleboyd said:   I have tried searching this thread for answers to my questions but haven't found specifically what I need.

1) If your account does get shut down, what happens to any transactions in process? ie does getting an account shut down = losing any money? I am trying to figure out the risks here.
2) I already have set up an account in my name and in my wife's name (same address), before finding out about the "benefits" of Amazon payments. Is it worthwhile/possible to change her address at this point, say to her work address, with the intention of doing A>B and B>A.

Thanks!

From the one case I can speak to, the shutdown occurred after all transactions cleared and withdrawals were complete.  YMMV.

Regarding addresses, completely anecdotal, but in the one case I can speak to, A and B had same address.  Obviously, it didn't end well.  I'm pretty sure others under the same circumstances have had no issues, though.

rated:
With fixed-amount cards you have to wait ~5 days for the $1 auth to fall off.

The shutdowns don't seem to have much rhyme or reason. What works for some, and has been working for years, may not work for others.

rated:
scripta said:   With fixed-amount cards you have to wait ~5 days for the $1 auth to fall off.

The shutdowns don't seem to have much rhyme or reason. What works for some, and has been working for years, may not work for others.

When you add a fixed amount card, enter an incorrect expiration date and save your entry.  Edit the account and correct the expiration date.  You can then immediately use the card and pull the full balance from it.  

rated:
b16899 said:   
Yes, I tried once with newly added UB GCs couple days ago and failed.

Was this due to the $1 pre-auth issue that Scripta mentioned or was it due to Amazon detecting and rejecting the USB GC?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014