• 15 6 789
  • Page
  • Text Only
Can't I get my 2% through Fidelity?
I know AMEX isn't as widely accepted as Visa.

Correct - I also have the 2% Fidelity AMEX and a Fidelity brokerage account.

I think we are thinking along the same lines here.
My Fidelity 2% CB A.mex and Fidelity brokerage account are for shopping at Costco.
My Schwab 2% CB Visa and Schwab brokerage account are for general shopping and low ER investing.
If the Schwab 2% CB Visa disappears, I need new 2% CB Visa or M/C, not a new brokerage account..

Why then are people dropping their Schwab brokerage accounts?
Spite is for emotional fools, not the FWF Way.

kmith said: I think we are thinking along the same lines here.
My Fidelity 2% CB A.mex and Fidelity brokerage account are for shopping at Costco.
My Schwab 2% CB Visa and Schwab brokerage account are for general shopping and low ER investing.
If the Schwab 2% CB Visa disappears, I need new 2% CB Visa or M/C, not a new brokerage account..

Why then are people dropping their Schwab brokerage accounts?
Spite is for emotional fools, not the FWF Way.

For simplicity, I may drop the Schwab account. I have had a fidelity brokerage account and if one of them must go, then its Schwab.

Does anyone know if the payee information will change? Right now I'm using:

FIA CARD SERVICES
PO BOX 15019
WILMINGTON, DE 19850-5019

Will it still be a Visa Signature card?

Tintin

OMG I utterly hate their site. They ask the dumbest questions for their security. Most of which don't apply to me, and you can't make up your own questions. I've tried starting over, but can never find a set of 3 questions that I can actually answer. Stupid "security" questions. UGH...

NateGrey said: OMG I utterly hate their site. They ask the dumbest questions for their security. Most of which don't apply to me, and you can't make up your own questions. I've tried starting over, but can never find a set of 3 questions that I can actually answer. Stupid "security" questions. UGH...The answers don't need to be true, you just need to be able to answer consistently; if you're not married and they ask where your wedding was, put the place you were born instead, or put "nowhere", or put random letters & numbers and write it down for future reference.

govenar said: write it down for future reference.

If you write down the answers to your security questions, doesn't that defeat the purpose? Couldn't someone just reset your password if they found them?

I've read this thread, but am still a little paranoid, so:

I set up automatic bill-pay from an external account and have the Cash Back going to my schwab brokerage account. If I do absolutely nothing, both of those things will continue to work, correct?

I only need to log in to the new site and do the new security questions and such if I want to alter anything (the CashBack deposit account / the automatic billpay options ...), right?

Nothing much should have changed yet.

I at least was already going to the FIA site (which services Fidelity and other FIA cards also), and the only change is a new FIA card services logo card replacing the Schwab card.

The payment address should be the same and bill pays set up should still work since the card number has not changed.

You should be aware aware that FIA is eliminating the ability to make bill pays from your FIA credit cards, (including the ex-Schwab ones) starting Nov. 7. This change is being discussed under the thread about MBNA bill pay (MBNA was a credit card company that was bought out by Bank of America and is now called FIA). The end of this thread contains discussion of the elimination of the ability to use IA cards as a payment source(the earlier parts deal with how to use it, and are less relevant now).

Logged in to Schwab today and the card was missing from my account list. I went to FIA's website at ibsnetaccess.com and was able to log in with my Schwab.com credentials. I like FIA's site better than Schwab's (for the credit card, anyway), I wish I'd known about it before. It didn't look like there was an account listed to accept the CashBack transfers so I added one, but it turns out that it still had my Schwab account.

I updated Mint and had to reclassify all my transactions when they were removed from Schwab and added from FIA. Grrrr...

Looks like you can now add a regular bank account into which your rewards can be deposited. No longer have to go through the Schwab Brokerage account.

^^^ WOW, really. When did this happen?

the change in websites happened today. i logged in this morning and made the change for where my rewards will be deposited. you log in at fiacardservices.com now. click on your account, go to rewards tab and u'll see the link to enroll accounts. by default, your old schwab brokerage is still there. but you now have the option of adding a bank account too. make sure to change your distribution percentages too.

ufguy2006 said: ...a senior rep who informed me that the card will not longer have the 2% Cash Back... expect that there will be forex fees.

BOOOOOOOO

pgrey98 said: For simplicity, I may drop the Schwab account. I have had a fidelity brokerage account and if one of them must go, then its Schwab.what about low schwab ers?
domestic fstmx=10bps schb=6bps
international fsiix=20bps schf=13bps

ufguy2006 said: ...a senior rep who informed me that the card will not longer have the 2% Cash Back... expect that there will be forex fees.
what's the new visa/mc card to get?

Not sure if this information is accessible outside of being logged into one's FIA credit card account, but here is the current rewards program details (https://wwwa.managerewardsonline.fiacardservices.com/RMSapp/Ctl/link?eid=7417DB58&p=programdetails):

FIA Card Services® Cash Rewards Credit Card Program Rules

This document contains the terms and conditions of the FIA Card Services® Cash Rewards Credit Card Program (the "Program"). Please read this document ("Program Rules") carefully.

Each Cardholder, joint Cardholder and authorized user, if any, (referred to herein as "Cardholder" "Participant" "you" or "your") with a FIA Card Services Visa Signature® or Platinum Plus® Visa® credit card ("Card") are automatically enrolled in the cash rewards program (the "Rewards Program") at no additional cost. FIA Card Services, N.A. (also referred to herein as "our," "us," or "we") sponsors the Program.

Cardholders with a Card account can earn and use points ("Point(s)") to obtain cash rewards ("Cash Rewards"). Accumulated Points and the corresponding cash rewards value are displayed online at www.fiacardservices.com (the "Site"). Please review and keep the Program Rules for your reference. The Program Rules are separate from the terms of your Credit Card Agreement. From time to time we may change these Program Rules. When any change is made, we will notify you to the extent required by law. Revisions to the Program Rules will also be posted at the Site.

General Terms

1. To participate in the Program, you must (a) maintain a Card that is open and has charging privileges, and (b) be an individual (the Program is not available to corporations, partnerships, or other business entities).

2. Point earnings are based on the new net retail purchase transaction volume (i.e., your purchases less credits, returns, and adjustments) you charge to your Card during each periodic billing cycle ("Billing Cycle") ("Net Purchases"). Net Purchases you make with the Card (beginning on the Enrollment Date and continuing while the account is open and in good status) will earn one Point for every one U.S. dollar in Net Purchases made anywhere the Card is accepted. Points are calculated at each purchase transaction, rounded to the nearest whole Point, and are subject to verification. The following types of transactions do not earn Points: Balance transfers, cash advances, including purchases of cash equivalents of any kind, out-of-network payments made through Bill Pay Choice® service, purchases made by or for a business or for a business purpose, fees, interest charges, credit insurance, credit protection, or debt cancellation charges and unauthorized/fraudulent transactions. All transactions made with the Card are subject to authorization and/or verification by FIA Card Services, N.A. From time to time, special promotions may feature Bonus Points. Details will accompany the offer.

3. Accrual of Points will begin on your Enrollment Date. "Enrollment Date" means the date we mail the Card and the Credit Card Agreement to you. Points will expire five years from the end of the Billing Cycle during which the Points were earned.

4. Points accrued during any Billing Cycle in which the account is two cycles or greater past due at the end of the Billing Cycle will not be awarded or credited to your Card account.

5. Your periodic billing statement will show your monthly Points earnings and year to date Points earnings. Points are non-negotiable and cannot be redeemed for any benefit other than being converted to Cash Rewards and deposited into your brokerage or deposit account. Points are not the property of any Cardholder or other person, and may not be brokered, bartered, attached, pledged, gifted, sold, or unless specifically authorized by us, transferred to anyone else under any circumstances, including, but not limited to transfers related to disability, death, or upon operation of law, or in connection with any domestic relations dispute or legal proceeding. We have no liability for disagreements between Cardholders regarding Points. Points cannot be used to pay off or pay down any credit card accounts issued by us. Discrepancies regarding Point earnings are not treated as credit card billing disputes; you should refer to your Credit Card Agreement or the annual Your Billing Rights notice for details about billing disputes. Our decisions regarding Point discrepancies are final. Unless specifically authorized by us, Points may not be combined with other discounts, special rates, promotions, or other reward programs offered by us. Unless specifically authorized by us, Points cannot be transferred between credit card accounts issued by us. Points and Rewards may not be combined with any other entity, including airline frequent flier, hotel frequent guest or other travel-related or membership reward charge or credit card programs, whether in the U.S. or abroad.

6. If a Cardholder voluntarily closes the Card or we close the Card, all unused Points are immediately and irrevocably forfeited and cannot be redeemed for Cash Rewards. We reserve the right to disqualify anyone from participation in the Program, refuse to award Points, and close your Card if, in our sole judgment, you or any other person using the Card account has violated any of the Program Rules, including but not limited to acts of fraud or other abuse.

7. We may, at any time, without prior notice: (a) change, limit, or terminate any aspect of the Program; (b) terminate the Card Program in its entirety; (c) amend the Program Rules, benefits or features, in whole or in part; (d) discontinue or replace any Reward with a similar reward of lesser, equal, or greater value; (e) modify, delete or terminate all or any part of the Program, the Program Rules, the participating partners, or the Rewards, benefits, or special offers; or (f) terminate a Cardholder's participation in the Card Program for any reason. Changes may affect outstanding transactions and Points, and may include, but are not limited to, the earnings rate for Points, the number of Points required to redeem Cash Rewards, the number of Points required for Cash Rewards, the types of transactions that qualify for Points, the value of Cash Rewards, or otherwise, if applicable. Any of the foregoing actions may be taken even if such actions affect the value of Points already earned. The program is not scheduled to end on a predetermined date.

8. We are not responsible for delayed or lost correspondence sent by U.S. mail or any other form of delivery, including e-mail. We assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Points accrued and redeemed or other Program activities. For information about our rights and your responsibilities regarding the online portion of the Program, see the Terms of Use at the Site.

9. You agree to release FIA Card Services, N.A., and their respective affiliates and subsidiaries from all liability for any losses, claims, expenses or damages sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of any Points or Cash Rewards available through the Program. The foregoing entities shall not be liable for any consequential damages in connection with your use of, or participation in, the Rewards Program, and the sole extent of our liability, if at all, shall not exceed the actual value of the Cash Reward. We are not responsible for typographical errors and/or omissions in any Program document.

10. You are responsible for determining any tax liability arising from your participation in the Program. It is your responsibility to ensure that any deposits made by FIA Card Services, N.A. to your brokerage or deposit account are eligible contributions and do not violate the terms of your account. FIA Card Services, N.A. is not responsible or liable for any tax penalties. Consult your tax advisor concerning the tax consequences of your participation in the Rewards Program. The Program is void where prohibited by law. All aspects of the Program are governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, without any reference to its choice of law provisions.

Cash Rewards

1. In order for your Points to be redeemed for Cash Rewards, your Card must be open and have active charging privileges. An eligible brokerage account, checking account or savings account (each referred to as a "linked account") is required for Points to be redeemed for Cash Rewards.

a. To receive your Cash Rewards, you must designate an eligible linked account. The ability to deposit Cash Rewards into your linked account may vary. Please contact the financial institution of your linked account to determine if your account is eligible to receive electronic deposits. If you have already established a linked account to receive your Cash Rewards, there is no need to change any of the information that you previously established.

To learn more about designating a linked account, sign into the Site and click on the Learn More tab.

b. Once a linked account has been designated, on the last business day of each calendar month we will issue a Cash Rewards deposit to your linked account equal to 2% of the amount of your total eligible Points balance. Only one eligible account can be designated as a linked account at the time your Card account is opened.

c. You may add multiple linked accounts and distribute your Cash Rewards between the linked accounts. Cash rewards are automatically deposited based on your selection criteria. The total distribution field must equal 100%.

d. You may choose not to designate a linked account or choose to de-link an eligible account you have designated for automatic Points redemption. You may choose to turn off the automatic redemption of Points, in which case Points will not be redeemed for any cash reward. This request can be made at the Site or by telephone.

e. Cash Rewards are fully redeemed once a deposit into your linked account has been completed. Once a Cash Reward is issued and the value of any transaction(s) forming part of any or all of the Points used to obtain the Cash Reward is either refunded, credited, or otherwise rescinded, we may, at our discretion, cancel any deposit, and/or withhold subsequent Points, or collect any amount(s) you owe, in any appropriate manner, including, but not limited to, the posting of an equivalent dollar debit in the form of a cash advance transaction to your Card. Decisions made by us regarding Points redemption are final. FIA Card Services, N.A. will have no liability for fulfilling Cash Reward requests in good faith in response to any person claiming authority on your behalf.

f. If a deposit is rejected for any reason, the deposit will be considered void, the Points used to obtain the Cash Rewards will be reinstated to your Card account and FIA Card Services will notify you by email.

g. If your Card account is closed before the Points can be reinstated to your account, the Cash Reward will be forfeited (unless your Card has been reported lost or stolen, subject to verification).

h. FIA Card Services, N.A. cannot guarantee that your financial institution will accept deposits from FIA Card Services, N.A. on your behalf. If your financial institution refuses to accept a deposit for any reason, FIA Card Services, N.A. will notify you by email at the address provided at the time of enrollment or redemption and will reinstate the Points to your Card account.

2. We impose no limit on the number of Points you may redeem or on the amount of Cash Rewards you may earn each year. If an adjustment to your Points total, whether due to error, refund, credit, or other form of rescission, causes you to receive more Cash Rewards to your linked account than you are otherwise entitled to, you agree you may owe FIA Card Services, N.A. the value of the excess contribution. Questions regarding the accrual of Points and Cash Reward deposits to your linked account will be resolved by FIA Card Services, N.A. Following the deposit of your Cash Rewards from FIA Card Services, N.A. to your linked account, FIA Card Services, N.A. shall not be responsible or liable for the administration of the deposit or items associated with your linked account. It is your responsibility to ensure that deposits made by FIA Card Services, N.A. to your linked account on your behalf do not violate the terms of your linked account. FIA Card Services, N.A., is not responsible or liable for any taxes or tax penalties that may be associated with your receipt of Cash Rewards. FIA Card Services, N.A. reserves the right to change or cancel the Cash Rewards redemption option at any time.

SPECIAL NOTE: Please ensure the account you select is an eligible brokerage, checking or savings account that will accept deposits on your behalf and that you are eligible to make contributions to that account.

Additional information may be found online by logging into your account at fiacardservices.com and clicking on the Rewards tab.

This credit card program is issued and administered by FIA Card Services, N.A. Visa and Visa Signature are registered trademarks of Visa International Service Association, and are used by the issuer pursuant to license from Visa U.S.A Inc. Bill Pay Choice, Platinum Plus and FIA Card Services are registered trademarks of FIA Card Services, N.A.

© 2010 FIA Card Services, N.A. (10-10)

Ugh

However, under the rewards tab and "earn points" it shows a chart were 1000pts=$20, 1500=$30 etc.
and states they will be posted to your designated account at a rate equal to 2% Maybe the terms
you posted are for a different program?

At least the automatic monthly payment still seems to work. My payment was posted today.

It seems that now FIA would be issuing "Cash Rewards" credit card. So if you lose your Charles Schwab credit card, or ask for a replacement, you'll get the FIA card. I kind of liked their crystal-greenish new card. Sad its gone!

What rubbish.
Continuing decline of FWF - focus on what a piece of plastic looks like. Makes no difference to me. I'll take a Hello Kitty card if it had 2% Cash Back.

Still looks like a 2% card.

b. Once a linked account has been designated, on the last business day of each calendar month we will issue a Cash Rewards deposit to your linked account equal to 2% of the amount of your total eligible Points balance. Only one eligible account can be designated as a linked account at the time your Card account is opened.

ellory said: What rubbish.
Continuing decline of FWF - focus on what a piece of plastic looks like. Makes no difference to me. I'll take a Hello Kitty card if it had 2% Cash Back.
Don't we all judge books by their covers? I like kitties.

financeautomizer said: At least the automatic monthly payment still seems to work. My payment was posted today.

Who did you have this go to?

Had you changed the destination on line to other than Schwab brokerage?

I ask because the deposit to my Schwab brokerage has not yet posted.

I could imagine that the Schwab payments are sent as one large payment to Schwab (along with the data on who it is to go to). Schwab then has to distribute these payments to each account holder. This could make it slower than a direct ACH payment to a bank account, in which case setting up direct ACH payments to your bank would be quicker (even if it was just Schwab bank).

Schwab brokerage usually puts a 3 day hold on in coming money, although you can trade wit it immediately for most purposes. I wonder if they are gong to start doing this. If they start doing this, it could be another reason for changing where the cash goes (at least for those who do not plan to invest it via Schwab).

The ability to have multiple payments is nice, and surprising since the dollar amounts are typically not large). People who need to set up direct deposits to meet a bank requirement may find this useful, assuming banks treat them as one (and I would assume they would). CITI bank counts direct deposit as one of their services for earning Thank you points (I think it may get you 100 points per month in many cases).

This is a real deposit (even if 1% of a small amount is not large)and may look better than ACH payments made to yourself from a bank account you control, or from Paypal. It seems easier to change than social security payments (especially for children, where you must phone in)or most company payroll direct deposits (where changes may require a visit to the payroll office, even if they do permit you to have deposits made to more than one account).

One can have a small percentage go to an account to make sure it works and/or to see how they describe it.

ProfessorEd said: financeautomizer said: At least the automatic monthly payment still seems to work. My payment was posted today.

Who did you have this go to?

Had you changed the destination on line to other than Schwab brokerage?

I ask because the deposit to my Schwab brokerage has not yet posted.

I could imagine that the Schwab payments are sent as one large payment to Schwab (along with the data on who it is to go to). Schwab then has to distribute these payments to each account holder. This could make it slower than a direct ACH payment to a bank account, in which case setting up direct ACH payments to your bank would be quicker (even if it was just Schwab bank).

Schwab brokerage usually puts a 3 day hold on in coming money, although you can trade wit it immediately for most purposes. I wonder if they are gong to start doing this. If they start doing this, it could be another reason for changing where the cash goes (at least for those who do not plan to invest it via Schwab).

The ability to have multiple payments is nice, and surprising since the dollar amounts are typically not large). People who need to set up direct deposits to meet a bank requirement may find this useful, assuming banks treat them as one (and I would assume they would). CITI bank counts direct deposit as one of their services for earning Thank you points (I think it may get you 100 points per month in many cases).

This is a real deposit (even if 1% of a small amount is not large)and may look better than ACH payments made to yourself from a bank account you control, or from Paypal. It seems easier to change than social security payments (especially for children, where you must phone in)or most company payroll direct deposits (where changes may require a visit to the payroll office, even if they do permit you to have deposits made to more than one account).

One can have a small percentage go to an account to make sure it works and/or to see how they describe it.

I may be wrong, but I think the OP was talking about the payment of his monthly credit card bill.

financeautomizer said: At least the automatic monthly payment still seems to work. My payment was posted today.

It was posted to your Schwab brokerage account today? Strange if so, wasn't posted to my Schwab brokerage account.

Me too. Not yet posted in my Schwab One account. FIA rewards shows my points are 'redeemed' and a sweep is carried over to Schwab. My guess is, it will be posted either tomorrow or Wednesday. Lets see.

Tintin

He's talking about a monthly payment, not the rewards payment.

bandyopa said: Me too. Not yet posted in my Schwab One account. FIA rewards shows my points are 'redeemed' and a sweep is carried over to Schwab. My guess is, it will be posted either tomorrow or Wednesday. Lets see.

Tintin
Geez, seriously? Didn't we just have a rewards redemption discussion when it didn't post due to Labor day? Just wait people.

I used to watch this thread like a hawk, but after all the "he said she said," I'm just going to stop clicking into it.

Tintin

Does anyone know if the 0% forex is still good? Traveling abroad in two weeks otherwise I'll use my capital one card.

mine showed up today (I changed it from schwab to a bank acct)

Oct 5, 2010 Electronic Deposit from FIA CARD SVCS DCB PAYMNT 605.18

GodsIncarnation said: Does anyone know if the 0% forex is still good? Traveling abroad in two weeks otherwise I'll use my capital one card.Thank you for call FWF support. Please hold. Our former Schwab experts are busy. We apologize for the extended wait time. Alternatively, your answer can be found through our resources here

My 2% ca$hback just popped into my Fidelity account.

Everything looks to be working: my CashBack was deposited yesterday into my BoA account.

Does anyone know if I can close my Schwab brokerage account and ask for a check to be mailed without any penalty, since I've already registered on BOA's new site and directed my future rewards go directly into my Checking account?

Can you ACH from schwab and then close it?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014