• 15678 9
  • Page
  • Text Only
Someone I know that has this card recently got an unsolicited Black Visa to replace his Schwab Visa. Different number; same rewards. Anyone else?

esliltheorem said:   A friend of mine that has this card got an unsolicited Black Visa to replace his Schwab Visa. New number, same rewards. Anyone else?This has been reported bf. The "black" card just refers to the replacement card's color (black). I do not think it is the true "black" card from Visa.

edit to fix spelling.

6 weeks ago I called and asked for a CLI from $10k to $25k and was approved. I pulled my credit reports from all 3 bureaus yesterday and was surprised to see that there were no inquiries from them.

gwu1986 said:   esliltheorem said:   A friend of mine that has this card got an unsolicited Black Visa to replace his Schwab Visa. New number, same rewards. Anyone else?This has been reported bf. The "black" card just refers to the replacement card's color (black). I do not think it is the true "black" card from Visa.This happened to me as well. The enclosed piece of paper indicated they had to reissue some card numbers as an unnamed merchant had their system hacked and CC numbers were compromised. Basically once FIA repalces your existing Schwab branded card (whatever the reason), you will get the black "Cash Rewards" visa card.

Same thing with me, when I added an additional authorized user. His card is a generic looking black VISA, same number as my Schwab card, same rewards.

Received email today offering $25 statement credit after $199 on purchases at golf, spa, or country club by September 30. Details below. Not quite the rotating category deal, but close.

Earn a $25 statement credit
after qualifying purchases by September 30, 2011*
Use your Visa Signature« credit card to earn a $25 statement credit after you make golf course, country club, and health and beauty spa purchases totaling $199 or more. Simply register and use your card for qualifying purchases by September 30, 2011.

I received something from BofA today telling me that soon I'll receive a new card. No word on whether the benefits will be changing, but they remain at least until I get the new card.

esliltheorem said:   I received something from BofA today telling me that soon I'll receive a new card. No word on whether the benefits will be changing, but they remain at least until I get the new card.

This is being discussed in the main Schwab card thread: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/883571/

Just got my notice as well.

Well, its officially gone. Schwab sold to FIA and now FIA has sold to Bank of America. Bank of America is notifying customers that as of November 1 cards need to be changed over to their Privileges card and the rewards system is changing - and discontinuing the Schwab link. Guess its time to switch to that Fidelity AMEX

Well, its officially gone. Schwab sold to FIA and now FIA has sold to Bank of America. Bank of America is notifying customers that as of November 1 cards need to be changed over to their Privileges card and the rewards system is changing - and discontinuing the Schwab link. Guess its time to switch to that Fidelity AMEX

i3izkit311 said:   Well, its officially gone. Schwab sold to FIA and now FIA has sold to Bank of America. Bank of America is notifying customers that as of November 1 cards need to be changed over to their Privileges card and the rewards system is changing - and discontinuing the Schwab link. Guess its time to switch to that Fidelity AMEX

er, no selling involved here. Schwab CONTRACTED Fia to provide a branded card. There was no "sale" - then Schwab abandoned the program. (my guess is they were "paying" the premium for the last year as part of the severance of the programs even though they dropped their name)

FIA has been owned by BofA for years. Well before the did the Schwab deal. (as someone stated above, FIA was what they used as a servicer for other bank products)

I called after receiving the same letter. I was told that I could "opt in" to a 2% reward structure with BofA after the switchover. I made it clear that my $25K annual spending would disappear if 2% did. Likely not enough to make a difference, so I'm applying for the Fidelity card as a backup.

I just got off the phone with them and they said the 2% was going away, but didn't say anything about an opt in 2% option. They said you could convert their vanilla card to a 1%/2%/3%(general/gas/food) or a 1% with rewards on rolling categories.

I agree with you, though. That 2% is what keeps me using this card. I'll post about what I find, please do the same.

When I called them they said they are not sure what will be the terms and conditions, it has not been decided at this point.

The across-the-board 2% CashBack bonus will certainly be history before the year's out - everybody deal with it already.

Guys, there's a reason why someone a few posts above told you this is already being discussed in another thread!

There's already ten pages devoted to this topic on this thread:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/883571/?start=3040

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014