• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link to photo of form for referring friend to Navy Federal Credit Union is attached. This form does NOT get me any referral! It is just a blank form. It is also NOT a link to Navy Federal. It is just a link to a photo I took of the form.

Details:
We'll give you $25 when a friend or family member joins. And we'll give your friend $25 when he/she joins.
Complete a membership application (downloaded from navyfederal.org) and bring it, along with this completed form, to any Navy Federal branch. When you join, the person who referred you also gets $25, too!
$5 minimum balance to open and maintain savings account and obtain bonus. Bonus deposited with in 5 days of opening account.

You are able to open accounts for your children (under 18) and get the bonus too.

Navy Federal $25 referral form

You can do this over the phone if call the 800 number.

I could not find this on the Navy Fedeal website, but when I called the operators were aware of it.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:

anyone know if anyone can join IF REFERED? my buddy who is ex Navy said he can refer friends who have no military ties whatsoever. Anyone confirm? I need to sign up for a credit union since I only have one from MI and I live in GA

Eligibility Checklist

Navy Federal's field of membership is determined by the National Credit Union Administration.
If you fall under any of these categories, you're eligible to join:

All Department of Defense (DoD) uniformed personnel—Army, Marine Corps, Navy and
Air Force retirees and annuitants

All Department of Defense Reservists—Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Air Force retirees
and annuitants

All Army and Air National Guard Personnel—civilian employees, retirees and annuitants

All DoD Officer Candidate programs—Midshipmen and cadets at the United States Naval Academy,
United States Military Academy, United States Air Force Academy, United States Coast Guard Academy
and the United States Merchant Marine Academy; Other Officer Programs*

U.S. Government employees assigned to DoD installations (including Coast Guard)

All DoD civilian employees—including retirees and annuitants

DoD contractors assigned to U.S. Government installations

Family Members—including grandparents, parents, spouses, siblings, grandchildren, children (including adopted and stepchildren) and household members

Once your family members have joined, they can extend the membership opportunity to their family members, too.

tmed said: anyone know if anyone can join IF REFERED? my buddy who is ex Navy said he can refer friends who have no military ties whatsoever. Anyone confirm? I need to sign up for a credit union since I only have one from MI and I live in GA

just called you have to be one of the eligible groups on your own to belong, so just having a friend that was in the service does not help

tmed said: anyone know if anyone can join IF REFERED? my buddy who is ex Navy said he can refer friends who have no military ties whatsoever. Anyone confirm? I need to sign up for a credit union since I only have one from MI and I live in GA

You can move in with him(change your mailing address to his) etc, and then apply as a household member.

Navy Fed Will Merge $604M USA Fed

http://www.cutimes.com/News/2010/9/Pages/Navy-Fed-Will-Merge-604M-USA-Fed.aspx

Navy fed has free inbound wires

[edit]
Note that FW screws up the positional reference on the link.. scroll to the bottom of the page or copy this url: http://money.wikia.com/wiki/Moving_Money#Distribution_of_foreign_funds_in_the_US

Cant read the fine print on the picture, so was there a limit to how many times you can do this (what is the referral cap)?

I called the 888 number, applied on phone, and referenced the referral deal. CSR didn't know about it but checked, apparently I'm all good. My father happens to be a member of NFCU. I hope their ridiculously low APR auto loan stays put in January when I'll be getting one.

There is no limit on the number of referrals. I am the original poster and the form actually instructs you to make copies of the form and indicates specifically that there is no limit on the number of referrals.

Is the offer still valid? Does anyone have a PDF scan of the form? Thanks for posting, OP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014