• 14 5 678
  • Page
  • Text Only
I applied on 23rd and got approved on 28th. All my accounts have been set up and initial membership fee is appeared today on my account. Though one of my friend applied only a day later, on 24th Sept, but there has been no update since.

I applied on Sep 29, hadn't heard anything, called USA fed (800-220-1872) today, transferred to Navy FCU (877-720-7122), said I had a member number in the system, but my application was still pending since they were still waiting for my ID, which I had uploaded at time of online application, but apparently they never received. She told me to fax to 703-206-4600, and it would be processed. I never received any communication from there regarding my new account, so she had to give me my member number over phone so I could reference it when i faxed in. Faxed it today, said to call back in 2 days to follow up

joemama15 said: I applied on Sep 29, hadn't heard anything, called USA fed (800-220-1872) today, transferred to Navy FCU (877-720-7122), said I had a member number in the system, but my application was still pending since they were still waiting for my ID, which I had uploaded at time of online application, but apparently they never received. She told me to fax to 703-206-4600, and it would be processed. I never received any communication from there regarding my new account, so she had to give me my member number over phone so I could reference it when i faxed in. Faxed it today, said to call back in 2 days to follow up

Thanks! Please keep us posted. In the meantime, I'll call them as well.

Be sure to activate your debit card when you get it- otherwise they will charge you a $10 inactivation fee! First time I ever heard of such a thing!

Just logged in and noticed they charged me a $5 membership fee- hope it is only a one time thing.

thanks guys for the updates --- I will be up and running shortly following my application right at the end of the window

this is a great organization --- hopefully, there isn't too much whiners, complainers, and riff raff that got pulled in by this (on the other hand, quality credit unions always have to deal with family members that are brought in from outside the regular pool)

johnnybs said: Just logged in and noticed they charged me a $5 membership fee- hope it is only a one time thing.
Same for me, I assume its the membership fee for the organization and should be a one time deal. I can not figure out how to link a checking account (gives an error message when I say transfer funds). Did anybody already get the routing number and account number so I can push some money into the checking just in case.
The web site is one of the clunkiest I have seen in a long time.

GermanExpat said: johnnybs said: Just logged in and noticed they charged me a $5 membership fee- hope it is only a one time thing.
Same for me, I assume its the membership fee for the organization and should be a one time deal. I can not figure out how to link a checking account (gives an error message when I say transfer funds). Did anybody already get the routing number and account number so I can push some money into the checking just in case.
The web site is one of the clunkiest I have seen in a long time.

Was just charged the $5 yesterday as well (and the remaining $5 of my $10 openning debit was credited to my savings). Also, the routing number for USA Fed is:
and in case you are wary and need to confirm, I had a good experience (!) using the not-so-secure chat function on usafed.org's contact us link.

For the account number, I used the 7 digit number listed after logging in (not including -s1 or -s77. As a confirmation, I had an ACH from Schwab deposited this morning to my USAFed checking account.

The irony is that after you have a deposit in your checking account, they list the routing number right there on the transaction history... but if there are no transactions, they don't list the routing number!

Thank's for the info. I just initiated the moneylink setup at Schwab, so lets see how it goes.

My status update:
09-22: submitted the application to usa fed
09-29: updated all the documents
09-30: called usa fed, the csr told me that they will review my application in the next 5-7 biz days, but actually they transferred all the pending applications to nfcu for decision.
10-12: received the welcome package from nfcu. include membership number, but still need to return the application form with $5 anyway
10-13: we will see what's happening afterwards

Applied on 9/28 talked to usafed last week said i would be contacted in 2 weeks by nfcu, a week is almost gone, so hopefully receive something next week.

I had applied on Sep 24 afternoon; found out my member number today from the very nice lady from NFCU who called me about replacing my USA Fed CU credit card application with an NFCU credit card application. Logged into my account and looks like everything is all set. Haven't received any email or physical mail about my application yet.

Nice lady from nfcu called mr today about my cc app, gave her a bit more detail, she offered credit protector, I said I didn't want it and she said my new card should be arriving in the mail and welcome to nfcu

The $5 membership "fee" is not really a fee.. it sits in your savings account.. you are not allowed to go below $5 in your savings or they can close your account otherwise it keeps you a member for life

Has anyone used their visa buxx cards? How does it compare to discover?

SUCKISSTAPLES said: Nice lady from nfcu called mr today about my cc app, gave her a bit more detail, she offered credit protector, I said I didn't want it and she said my new card should be arriving in the mail and welcome to nfcuWere you able to bypass the USA Fed CC entirely, and instead you're receiving one of NFCU CC's? If so, perhaps the delayed app meant that you were able to escape the "maximum unsecured credit" issue.

bjamm said: The $5 membership "fee" is not really a fee.. it sits in your savings account.. you are not allowed to go below $5 in your savings or they can close your account otherwise it keeps you a member for lifeNope, it's a fee. $10 initial deposit - $5 fee = $5 balance, with $0 available.

For those setting up ACH or DD or anything else with USAFed, it's sort of a waste of time. USAFed no longer exists. They have been
absorbed into Navy. The Accounts you see when you log in should be transferred to the Navy online system by Nov 1st. In fact
by calling Navy you can expedite that and have your Navy login now.

Got my call from NFCU last night... I'm in. Although they dropped my Visa line down to 14K, but that might have something to do with the fact that I just financed about 35K on Credit cards for some home modification projects.

cashmonkey said: bjamm said: The $5 membership "fee" is not really a fee.. it sits in your savings account.. you are not allowed to go below $5 in your savings or they can close your account otherwise it keeps you a member for lifeNope, it's a fee. $10 initial deposit - $5 fee = $5 balance, with $0 available.

I think the $5 fee is for the association you had to join if you had no other way of joining USA Fed. It's not actually going to the credit union.

Applied 9/29 or 9/30 with the $25k credit card offer, got a call last night from a Navy Fed rep about the card. Was approved over the phone once I provided income from my W2 and turned down credit protector.

I heard nothing from USA Fed, but got a letter from NFCU with a paper application and member number. I submitted an online form to get online access to my NFCU account and I'll see what the status is when/if that happens. I'm not sure if USA Fed ever took my $10 so I don't know if I have any money with NFCU or not.

You can check your Member# from their main page by giving your name SSN and DOB. Once you have that ( if you are set up as a member ) you can call them for your User -id. The user id and initail pwd will be your last 4 of SSN but Customer service will give You a conf# that you will require for first time login with user id / pwd as last 4 SSN

nisahb said: You can check your Member# from their main page by giving your name SSN and DOB. Once you have that ( if you are set up as a member ) you can call them for your User -id. The user id and initail pwd will be your last 4 of SSN but Customer service will give You a conf# that you will require for first time login with user id / pwd as last 4 SSN

Thanks for the tip. I got my number. I think they are considering my application!

If you have your number you are approved. By calling them and asking for user id and initial pwd, that they will tell you over the phone,
you can login and see your savings account already set up while checking is being set up.

nisahb said: You can check your Member# from their main page by giving your name SSN and DOB. Once you have that ( if you are set up as a member ) you can call them for your User -id. The user id and initail pwd will be your last 4 of SSN but Customer service will give You a conf# that you will require for first time login with user id / pwd as last 4 SSN

I must be blind... Where do you enter your name, SSN, and DOB on the main site?

On www.navyfederal.org, click on "help" next to Access Number.

Pondus said: On www.navyfederal.org, click on "help" next to Access Number.

Thank you. Even though we haven't heard anything yet, it looks like my wife and I have been approved as we do have an access number.

You are welcome. Having an access number sounds like a very good sign indeed. You might want to call NFCU at 888-842-6328 to see if everything is in place or to add checking or the cash rewards CC to the "transfered" savings. Apparently this number is always answered by humans, albeit with some wait time.

not crapping on this ... but it looks like penfed is still better for a refi

I too have a access number. Woot!

To the ones with Access numbers, when did you apply to USA?
I already received all my USA checking/saving, debit card (activated, no pin yet), but I don't have an access # on NFCU yet. Thanks!

They must be working on the credit card apps first. I applied for account Sept 26 online and app was accepted(did not apply for ccard)
I called a week later to USAFED(Oct 1) and they said another few days(verified they had app and all attachments).I've never received account info on USAFED.
I called NavyFed yesterday and no record of my app.
I called USAFED and they found my app and said it had been forwarded to NavyFed.
They connected me to Navy but he could not help because main office closes at 430 eastern.
Called Navy this am and they would only say they are working on merger and should be done by end of month. Would not connect me to main office, just said they said they were working on them.The rep could not find me in thier system.
I said I did not want to fall thru the cracks and they said it would not happen.
Don't know if I should call USA again or just wait.

dj said: They must be working on the credit card apps first. I applied for account Sept 26 online and app was accepted(did not apply for ccard)
I called a week later to USAFED(Oct 1) and they said another few days(verified they had app and all attachments).I've never received account info on USAFED.
I called NavyFed yesterday and no record of my app.
I called USAFED and they found my app and said it had been forwarded to NavyFed.
They connected me to Navy but he could not help because main office closes at 430 eastern.
Called Navy this am and they would only say they are working on merger and should be done by end of month. Would not connect me to main office, just said they said they were working on them.The rep could not find me in thier system.
I said I did not want to fall thru the cracks and they said it would not happen.
Don't know if I should call USA again or just wait.

I had applied on 27th Sept.,just for Checking Account. I have had the same experience.
Called up Navy yesterday and they were not able to fine me in their system.
Called up USAFed later and they said they have my applciation in their system and its been forwaded to Navy.
Will wait for some more time, before next follow up.

Just wait they are taking care of everyone

SUCKISSTAPLES said: Nice lady from nfcu called mr today about my cc app, gave her a bit more detail, she offered credit protector, I said I didn't want it and she said my new card should be arriving in the mail and welcome to nfcu I missed a call from that "nice lady" and got a message on my voicemail to call Navy back. When I called back CSR said that they haven't recieved some information from USA Fed about my credit card application, and I have to submit new CC application with Navy. I believe this is the same situation for all USA Fed members, who applied for CC recently. CSR told me that he don't know which information is missed.

SIS, trex005, what information did they get from you to proceed with your CC application? Did you submit new application? Did they make new hard pull?

All the typical info like income employer mothers maiden name etc

I don't check my credit for inquiries as I don't particularly care if I get a pull, far too many people are overly concerned with inquiries for no real reason

It is my understanding that a CC re-application at NFCU requires a hard EQ pull. This can be confirmed by getting a freebie EQ report on "adverse action", if anyone feels like trying. After all, there should be a fresh inquiry on the report with no new account reporting to show for it.

SIS, Pondus,
Did you get the same credit limit on Navy CC as was offered by USA Fed? What kind of Navy CC did you apply for?

zhsa said: CSR said that they haven't recieved some information from USA Fed about my credit card application, and I have to submit new CC application with Navy...SIS, trex005, what information did they get from you to proceed with your CC application?
Mine was actually backwards from that. They had no record I had applied for a checking account. They basically took the entire app for both checking and Credit card over the phone again. Not sure if it was another hard pull, but I would guess so.

I didn't see this post until last week. Darn, I was too late. We'll need more advanced warning the next time a failing credit union is merged into the Navy.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014