• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I got a mailed offer of a $200 Disney Gift card after first spending on a new Chase Disney credit card.

The card offer 1 Disney point per dollar spent with the potential uses for Disney dollars being "all things Disney".
There are assorted other benefits in the form of special discounts and financing of Disney vacations.

Obviously this offer is most attractive to those who have a Disney vacation planned since you could use the gift card and any Disney Dollars earned on your expenses, there is 6 months of 0% financing on Disney Vacation packages, and there is a special meet and greet for cardholders at their parks.

Even if you value a Disney dollar at $1.00 (and given the limited ways to spend them, this may be high), the rewards program is not particularly attractive

However, the gift card could be used at the Disney store which carries a wide range of Disney products (more expensive than similar products without a Disney theme, but with enough items so most (especially those with children) could finds items they could use.

The offer appears targeted, but I cannot guess on what basis. The letter is address to the XXXXXX Family, so I do not know whether it was intended for me, or my wife, or whether they used some other source for addresses. There is no explicit reference to pre-approval. Since I have applied for several new cards recently I was wondering whether to apply for this, and if so when. It has a deadline of Nov. 15 and it may pay to put it aside until it has been longer since various other new cards I have gotten have aged and the initial spending requirements paid back.

Anyone have any relevant experience.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

my wife has this card. the reason she got it was for the 12mo 0% with $75 capped balance transfer fee, which is very rare nowdays. unsure if this still applies. She didn't get the $200 gift card promo. We actually went to Disney last Xmas, but didn't even use it there.

Considered getting this card when I got this same promo six months ago only for the gift card. But I am not one to apply and sock drawer a card. This is one of those cards which I would. It doesn't provide any benefits after initial use. IMHO.

I received the same offer in the mail today as well (addressed to the family rather than an individual name).

I guess for those who shop a lot at Disney.com or Disney retail locations, the 10% off $50 or more purchases may come in useful (I assume it stacks with whatever sales/coupons as well?). You also get some perks at Disney Theme Parks apparently.

Other than that, it looks like a standard 1% reward card. According to the DisneyRewards.com site, it states "...you earn 1% in Disney Dream Reward Dollars® on everyday purchases made with your credit card.1 So, for every $100 in qualified purchases on the card, you earn 1 Disney Dream Reward Dollar. 1 Disney Dream Reward Dollar is worth $1 when redeeming for Disney products and offerings."

http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/credit/rewards/earning.html

We recently got this card due to an upcoming trip to Disney World. It's worth noting that the $200 gift card arrives automatically following your first transaction. You don't need to go through the entire process of requesting that your promotional points be converted to a card, etc.

Otherwise, I agree that the card doesn't offer much in the way of perks aside from the $200 card, discount on branded gear, and modest in-park benefits. We would probably not have gotten it absent our planned trip.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014