• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Searched and didn't see this gem. Doesn't seem to be targeted either. A lot of us have 50k limits with them and really nothing to do with it other than have it sit on our credit report. 2.99% with no fee is as good as I've seen Navy do. Only a year - but not a bad place to dump some expiring offers. At least on my 50k card, you can only transfer up to 30k - but if those of you with mass credit need 30k (or 60k if your wife has one) cheap - this is about as cheap as it gets without needing an offer or a credit check - provided you already have the card.

https://www.navyfederal.org/membership-benefits/offers-discounts...

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Horseymen said: 2.99% with no fee is as good as I've seen Navy do. Only a year - but not a bad place to dump some expiring offers.
Nice catch, and you're absolutely right. Green for a smoking deal for those who can use it.

Horseymen said: Searched and didn't see this gem. Doesn't seem to be targeted either. A lot of us have 50k limits with them and really nothing to do with it other than have it sit on our credit report. 2.99% with no fee is as good as I've seen Navy do. Only a year - but not a bad place to dump some expiring offers. At least on my 50k card, you can only transfer up to 30k - but if those of you with mass credit need 30k (or 60k if your wife has one) cheap - this is about as cheap as it gets without needing an offer or a credit check - provided you already have the card.

https://www.navyfederal.org/membership-benefits/offers-discounts...

I wonder if you can do a regular transfer say to your bank account?

Hmm...might have to look into this. Thanks.

Great if you can become a member...

so, how do i get into navy federal credit union beside being in the military?

mrgamers said:   so, how do i get into navy federal credit union beside being in the military?
If you have family members in Navy Federal, you may be able to join.

I didn't post this offer because nobody seemed to care in the past about NavyFederal offers. Now that so many FWF members have joined NavyFederal, its a hot deal.

mrgamers said:   so, how do i get into navy federal credit union beside being in the military?

You just missed out on joining

How do they verify that i have a family member in the military?

Semen and spinal fluid. Hope your stocked up.

Why do this while there are plenty of 0% APR balance transfer offers? Click here.

OverRuled said:   Why do this while there are plenty of 0% APR balance transfer offers? Click here.
Many charge 3% for the balance transfer

riznick said:   OverRuled said:   Why do this while there are plenty of 0% APR balance transfer offers? Click here.
Many charge 3% for the balance transfer

OverRuled, as OP said, this offer is valid for EXISTING cardholders... so no hit on CR, and no need to put another card in your portfolio.

For those that have a CCard through PenFed:
1. What kind of limit do they give upon applying? Are they typical of some CU's, where they give small, then up it after a year?
2. If they give a small limit, can someone call and "negotiate" immediately for a higher limit?

I am eligible to join, just never took the time to do so....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014