Capital One Credit Card Activation

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I recently applied Capital One Sony Card about 1 month ago, and I received credit card in abou 1 week later which was very quickly.
When I was try to activate this credit cards, the representative keep telling me that I failed to answer the secured questions, and ask me
to prove my identification by provide more information, such as bank account info. It is my first time to apply credit card issued by capital one, and I have never had experience in my life of providing information in order to prove my identification from the past credit cards
I had. So I refused to give them anymore information, and I would like to cancel the credit card right now. But the representation reject
my request, their excuse was the account couldn't go furthur without the prove of identification.

I would like to know whether any of the readers had similar experience like I do, and how did it has been solved?

Member Summary

credit (104.01kB)
Thanks Funnyman1026
Disclaimer
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:

Just don't activate the card, and cut it up. Then send Capital One a certified letter stating that you wish to close the account.

Seems pretty easy to me.

Why not just tell them the information?

I just activated a new card about a week ago, and all I had to verify was last 4 of SS#, and D.O.B. over the automated system, then got transferred to CSR and sit thru the B.S. they were trying to sign me up........

KingUltra said:   I just activated a new card about a week ago, and all I had to verify was last 4 of SS#, and D.O.B. over the automated system, then got transferred to CSR and sit thru the B.S. they were trying to sign me up........
Just hang up when it transfers to live rep. Card will be activated.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014