• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Go to http://www.statefarm.com/tax/

Login to your state farm account you would see link to free Turbo Tax online software.

Offer details

State Farm Bank® Online Customers
Offer: Free TurboTax Basic or Deluxe Online
Requirement: One State Farm Bank Online Account
Offer limited to first 25,000 that Register to use TurboTax Online

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Are you sure credit card holders can get free TurboTax? I was able to do that for the last two years for free thanks to... (more)

amigo78 (Mar. 18, 2011 @ 12:16p) |

Yes -- State Farm has reached the 25k limit. I noticed it today, and I hadn't yet filed, so I was a bit bummed. Howeve... (more)

Darq (Mar. 20, 2011 @ 4:37p) |

Glad we all registered early!

From State Farm's site 3-25-11:
Thanks for your interest in our free TurboTax offer for Stat... (more)

pladaroller (Mar. 26, 2011 @ 2:01a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Thanks for your interest in our free TurboTax offer for State Farm Bank Customers.
We have reached our limit of 25,000.

If you have already registered for the free offer, but have not yet filed your taxes please continue at TurboTax.com.

If not, you can take advantage of our TurboTax discount offer until April 15.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks! I was looking for this two days ago and didn't see anything.

For those who don't know, you can still download TurboTax basic for free (same as last year) if you don't want to use the web version. It has free federal e-file, but states are extra.

Thanks, I was just checking on this today! This is a great deal, thanks OP! This will be my 10th consecutive year using TurboTax for the web, the last few have been free filing!

nm

fulbuyer said:   Thanks, I was just checking on this today! This is a great deal, thanks OP! This will be my 10th consecutive year using TurboTax for the web, the last few have been free filing!

did u get all 10 years thru state farm?

Is only Federal free this time around? Last year state was included as well, but looking at the pricing page, it just says "Free Federal". I can't remeber if this is what it said last year too, but was wondering if anyone had the details.

EDIT: Never mind, I see it, it is at the bottom of the screen

Basic State: $36.95 Your Price: FREE
Deluxe State: $36.95 Your Price: FREE
Premier State: $36.95 Your Price: FREE
Home & Business State: $36.95 Your Price: FREE

badsister said:   
did u get all 10 years thru state farm?

No, only the last few years. I got discounts, but nothing like this deal. It's great that I can go to the website and get all my tax info.

So I would need to open a bank account to get this for free? What is the value? $75 or so?

I just put $100 in a savings account and let it sit there. Been getting free Turbo Tax for 4 years on that.

kb2120 said:   I just put $100 in a savings account and let it sit there. Been getting free Turbo Tax for 4 years on that.

What about the $3 minimum balance fee, from their website:

Minimum Balance Fees Except for HSAs, the following minimum balance fees will be imposed monthly if the account has no direct deposits via an Automated Clearing House (ACH) credit and the average daily balance during the statement cycle falls below the minimum listed for the account:

Savings accounts:
$3 fee; $100 minimum average daily balance when primary account holder is age 18 or older.

*Minimum Balance Fee will be waived for Consumer Accounts if the account receives a direct deposit via an Automated Clearing House (ACH) credit during the statement cycle.

cameron2003 said:   kb2120 said:   I just put $100 in a savings account and let it sit there. Been getting free Turbo Tax for 4 years on that.

What about the $3 minimum balance fee, from their website:

Minimum Balance Fees Except for HSAs, the following minimum balance fees will be imposed monthly if the account has no direct deposits via an Automated Clearing House (ACH) credit and the average daily balance during the statement cycle falls below the minimum listed for the account:

Savings accounts:
$3 fee; $100 minimum average daily balance when primary account holder is age 18 or older.

*Minimum Balance Fee will be waived for Consumer Accounts if the account receives a direct deposit via an Automated Clearing House (ACH) credit during the statement cycle.

Read that again. It should not be called simply "minimum balance" but "balance required to avoid monthly fee". But that first paragraph you quoted makes it clear what they mean. (It is unclear what happens if you're under 18 though.)

is it possible to use this by having their credit card??

kb2120 said:   I just put $100 in a savings account and let it sit there. Been getting free Turbo Tax for 4 years on that.

Best returning $100 you can have!

About this "Offer limited to first 25,000 that Register to use TurboTax Online", how does one register to make sure you're included in the 25,000 limit? I just clicked on the TurboTax link after logging into my state farm account, then afterwards, logged into TurboTax. Hope that counts as registering.

vickh said:   is it possible to use this by having their credit card??

Yes

Where do you see the link for Turbo Tax after login. I am not able to seeegist Once I login to account. Can someone provide step by step process to register.

Just search for Turbo Tax on their website or...

State Farm Website

tarcapone said:   Just search for Turbo Tax on their website or...

State Farm Website

1. I click on the button that says "Log in to Get Started". (http://www.statefarm.com/landing/turbo_tax_10.asp?WT.svl=702)
2. Once I logon, I see my bank account & other details, but I don't see any thing else for Turbo Tax
3. Now if I search for Turbo Tax again ( I get logged out), then it brings me to the page mentioned in step 1 & then it goes from 1-3 in loop again & again.

My question, what steps make me register for this.

does anyone know how much it would cost for TurboTax Delux + 2 states with this offer? I am not a StateFarm customer, planning to open a acocunt to get this offer

Kaparosky said:   tarcapone said:   Just search for Turbo Tax on their website or...

State Farm Website

1. I click on the button that says "Log in to Get Started". (http://www.statefarm.com/landing/turbo_tax_10.asp?WT.svl=702)
2. Once I logon, I see my bank account & other details, but I don't see any thing else for Turbo Tax
3. Now if I search for Turbo Tax again ( I get logged out), then it brings me to the page mentioned in step 1 & then it goes from 1-3 in loop again & again.

My question, what steps make me register for this.

A State Farm Bank account or credit card should qualify you for this deal. I have the credit card. I received the email notifying me TT is available. However, I go in the same circle as you described: the link does not show up in my account. There should be a link to the Turbo Tax web site that offers the discounts. I seem to recall the same problem last year. I had to make a couple of calls to fix it.

Edit 1/11: turns out they canceled my credit card for non-use, even though it still shows active in my account. Got another card and as soon as I set it up for online access the TT link showed up.

I've recently applied for the savings acct. It has been verified and funded. I've also registered it online, however, I still can't see the "link" to TurboTax. I go through the loop thing that people have referred to after "searching" for TurboTax/logging in.

I'm on the phone with a banking rep to see if this can be fixed. The person I'm speaking with can't seem to figure it out. Anyone have any personal experience with this process?

does statefarm bank do Hard pull for savings account?

lial said:   I've recently applied for the savings acct. It has been verified and funded. I've also registered it online, however, I still can't see the "link" to TurboTax. I go through the loop thing that people have referred to after "searching" for TurboTax/logging in.

I'm on the phone with a banking rep to see if this can be fixed. The person I'm speaking with can't seem to figure it out. Anyone have any personal experience with this process?

The rep recommended that I wait. so i did. They didn't put in any ticket/request to the IT people.

The link appeared 48 hours later.

Once you are on the TurboTax page, you can click on the Download tab and download the Basic TurboTax version for free, Deluxe for $20, Premier for $30 or Home & Business for $40. I prefer the downloaded versions of the software to the web-based versions. Thanks State Farm Bank!

How to fulfill "registration" provision. This is the key.

1. Log into your TurboTax account after you have gone through the State Farm link that tejalajmera posted. (If you used the TurboTax software last year, it will ask you if you want to import last years info...yes)

2. Go to the "Print & File" tab which is the last tab at the top of the 2010 return that is started.

3. Click on "print/save for your records" & enter your information. (name, address, phone #, email, etc.)
You should see the following:
Enter Your Registration Information
You don't have to pay to use TurboTax Online - Deluxe, but you must provide registration information before you can print your return.

4. Hit "submit/continue" at bottom right
You should see:
TurboTax Registration Complete.
Select Continue to File My Return and we'll walk you through the final steps.

5. You are now Registered and can now log out to complete your taxes another day or at the final hour.

***Please note that simply logging into your TurboTax account via the State Farm link does NOT register you...

I hope this helps!

Also, if you want to check that you are truly registered:

1. Click "Home" tab in TurboTax. (Log in to TurboTax if not logged in already.)
2. Click "view your order summary" under the "We can help you...." area.
3. You will see

Product Registered               Product Price        Order Number
TurboTax Online - Deluxe        $0.00               XXXXXXXXXXXX

Total Paid: $0.00

Verification of registration complete.

***You should also receive an email verification of your registration at the email address you provided during registration.

Thank you pladaroller for the steps on registering! Last year I waited too long and had to pay but thanks to your steps I won't be in that situation this year! I am successfully registered!

does anyone know if opening Stateform savings account would be a Hard pull or Soft pull?

does it include state tax?

pladaroller said:   Also, if you want to check that you are truly registered:

1. Click "Home" tab in TurboTax. (Log in to TurboTax if not logged in already.)
2. Click "view your order summary" under the "We can help you...." area.
3. You will see

Product Registered               Product Price        Order Number
TurboTax Online - Deluxe        $0.00               XXXXXXXXXXXX

Total Paid: $0.00

Verification of registration complete.

***You should also receive an email verification of your registration at the email address you provided during registration.

Thank you for this. I just did mine as well as my Mom's and my In-laws so now I'll be good to go when the time comes instead of worring that the offers have run out.

krk77 said:   does anyone know if opening Stateform savings account would be a Hard pull or Soft pull?

Hard

kickerstarter said:   does it include state tax?

Yes, at least my order did. My order summary email is as follows:

Quantity Item Price
1 TurboTax ONLINE DELUXE TY2010 PREP $0.00
1 TurboTax ONLINE STATE NC TY2010 PREP $0.00

Subtotal:
Sales Tax:
Total for this Order:

$0.00
$0.00
$0.00

Been using this for 3 years now. I have earned like 30 cents in interest from State Farm. =P

It's awesome that it automatically has all your old information in there! Thanks for the reminder OP.

I just signed up for a SF bank account a few days ago and was having the same problem with the link not showing up. I called State Farm bank several times and they did not have any information on why the link was not showing up. But, like "lial" stated, after 2 days the link showed up, so I asume it is something they have set up automatically in their computer system that runs overnight and adds the link after the account is active for 2 days.
On the question whether state is included, I signed up for TT deluxe online and saw that it lists state for free including free e-file (for one state return). I called Intuit and they verified that TT deluxe online does include state for free with 1 free state e-file.

Thank-you to "pladaroller" for the excellent instructions on how to make sure you are registered!

Just opened their smallest cd for this. Thanks OP.

I'm guessing this doesn't work with insurance products? Not showing up free even after following the steps above.

noodlz said:   I'm guessing this doesn't work with insurance products? Not showing up free even after following the steps above.

Correct, I've had SF insurance for 20 plus year and still had to get a SF Bank account. Worth every penny!

I applied for the State Farm "Good Neighbor" VISA card. It arrived today and I was able to immediately register online with State Farm. As soon as I logged in, the link to the TurboTax portal was available. I decided to get the download version of TT Deluxe for $20.

Skipping 30 Messages...
Glad we all registered early!

Thanks for your interest in our free TurboTax offer for State Farm Bank Customers. We have reached our limit of 25,000.

If you have already registered for the free offer, but have not yet filed your taxes please continue at TurboTax.com.

If not, you can take advantage of our TurboTax discount offer until April 15.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014