New Cashback Site: envaulted

Archived From: Finance
  • 1 2345146
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.envaulted.com/

Looks like a straight 1% Cash Back after you register your credit card. I think this should not step on other CashBack sites including FW.

Got this from a techcrunch review.

ETA: from the FAQ. I have yet to find out what constitutes "retailers in out network".

How does Envaulted work?
Setting up an Envaulted account and earning Cash Back rewards is easy. Simply sign up for an account, provide us some basic information about you, and register one or more of your credit cards - that’s it!

After you set up your account, you can continue shopping using your registered cards the same way you always have. We monitor your purchases and work with retailers in our network to identify great deals tailored just for you. Retailers in our network never know your name, email address, or physical address, as you remain anonymous to anyone outside of Envaulted. We notify you when retailers are offering great rebates through your Envaulted account and through our weekly offers email.

We can see where you shop from your registered credit card(s), so there is no need for any coupons or special rewards cards – your credit card is your rewards card. You receive a minimum of 1% Cash Back on all purchases and even more Cash Back if you take advantage of the tailored offers we present to you. Your cash rewards continue to grow in your Envaulted account as you shop, and you can request a check reward disbursement once a month for free.

Member Summary

the devil you know...
Thanks mewhojen
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Why? So we can all be reminded of how we were ripped off?

billrubin (Jun. 08, 2012 @ 8:02p) |

Yes.

BEEFjerKAY (Jul. 21, 2012 @ 7:58p) |

I want to buy the Envaulted domain and link it to here..

alamo11 (Jul. 22, 2012 @ 4:29a) |

It is an understatement to say that there is some question about the financial viability of this firm and their ability or willingness to pay the promised amounts. Before it shut down its site, Envaulted was two months behind in sending out checks. The site has been down since January 17, 2012, possibly due to a "temporary" technical problem, but much more likely for good.

Also see http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1073284/

Envaulted allows you to earn CashBack through rotating promotions at particular retailers as well as on everyday spending.

How it works: (Also see How does Envaulted work? and the FAQ below) When you're logged in to Envaulted, you can find a list of (normally five) retailers at which you can earn Envaulted deal CashBack. Pay attention to the offer details such as the Cash Back percentage, promotion timeframe, and spending limits. When you make qualifying purchases at these retailers using a registered card, your Envaulted account will be credited with the appropriate amount of deal CashBack. You also earn everyday CashBack on non-deal purchases. This amount varies between 0-1.25% based on the amount of deal CashBack you earned in the previous month. Check the status bar on the main screen (when logged in to Envaulted) to see your progress towards higher everyday CashBack tiers. Also, check the "My CashBack" tab to see how each purchase earned CashBack.

Beta status: Envaulted is currently in beta status, which means that things will occasionally break, stop working, or not work as expected/promised. Don't panic but check this thread for updates.

Getting an invite: Check the Envaulted website for information about beta invites. Currently (10/31/11) there is a sizable waitlist but new invites are being sent out. Other users cannot help you out (i.e. send invites), don't bother asking here.

Supported cards: Envaulted currently supports cards from a small number of issuers, though they promise that they are working on adding more. Currently supported:

1. American Express card
  2. AT&T Universal Card
  3. BB&T
  4. Chase (credit card)
  5. Citi Credit Card
  6. Citizens Bank - Mid-Atl Business
  7. Citizens Bank - Mid-Atl Consumer
  8. Comerica
  9. Commerce Bank - MO, KS, IL
  10. Compass Bank
  11. Fifth Third Bancorp
  12. First Citizens Bank - NC, VA, WV
  13. Key Bank
  14. M&T Bank
  15. Old National
  16. TD Bank
  17. USAA Federal Savings Bank

Setting up Direct Connect: Envaulted requires Direct Connect to be enabled from your bank. For Chase customers who have both checking/savings accounts and credit card, enabling Direct Connect takes a little trick (CREDIT TO ajh5408): Hide your checking/banking accounts (My Accounts > Show/Hide accounts), go to Customer Center > Reference Center, and click Activate Money, Quicken, etc. Direct Connect will be enabled for your CC. Proceed to unhide your accounts and hook your card up to Envaulted.

Unofficial Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) BETA

Q1. What is the current status of Envaulted?
A1. As of 10/2011, Envaulted is in beta status. That means: things will occasionally break or stop working. Don't panic.

Q2. When will "x" CashBack redemption method be available? [replace x with PayPal, ACH, etc.]
A2. Envaulted will start offering redemption via Venmo in early November. You may see a reference to PayPal on the site, but we're told that it is a placeholder and will be replaced by Venmo soon.

Q3. I made a purchase on the last day of an offer. Will I get the bonus?
A3. Yes. If it doesn't get credited properly, e-mail their support. They will fix it. You may need to provide proof (like a receipt), but they usually seem to take your word for it.

Q4. Is there a limit to the Cash Back I can receive?
A4. Deal CashBack is subject to the offer limits. Everyday CashBack is limited to $100 per month. Also see Is there a limit to the cashback I can receive?, but note that some of the information is out of date.

Q5. Are all transactions eligible?
A5. Most purchases are eligible, but some cash-equivalent purchases are excluded. See details here: What is an 'eligible' transaction?

Q6. Why is it taking so long for support to solve my problem? It's been one week/day/hour/second since I sent my email?
A6. They have acknowledged delays responding to individual issues due to limited resources that are concentrating on fixing larger-scale items. They recently rolled out a new support ticketing system which should help.

Q7. When are the new offers published?
A7. Seems to be Sunday (for Monday's offers), though it's been as early as Friday night and as late as Monday morning.

Q8. Why isn't my bank listed? When will my bank be listed?
A8. They've said that this is something they'll continue to expand, though it seems like the priority now is in other areas (such as implementing the tiered rewards and the monthly roll-over).

Q9. I know they've said gift cards are not eligible, but can I buy gift cards and get the bonus? What if I *accidentally* buy one?
A9. As the site clearly states, gift card purchases are not eligible. However, the intent seems to be to dissuade folks from churning large quantities of gift cards for resale or profit, not to make it difficult to buy a gift card for personal use that you would've bought, bonus or not.

Q10. Why don't they use the purchase date instead of the post date? Wouldn't that solve all the issues with purchases posting outside of the bonus period?
A10. Alex has mentioned that the appropriate fields are there, but the data received varies between banks. Some provide both dates in the appropriate fields. Some provide only one date (the post date). They are looking at ways to work around this limitation, but there is no easy fix (or else I'm sure they would've implemented it).

Q11. Why are my AMEX ExpressPay charges not earning a bonus?
A11. This was confirmed to be a bug with certain vendors using ExpressPay that would need to be manually adjusted by support. To avoid the hassle, avoid using the ExpressPay feature -- swipe your card instead.

Q12. How often can I request a check?
A12. You can request a check when the "Request your cash now!" button appears under your reward summary, about a month after you deposit the previous check.

Q13. Where is my check?
A13. They send checks out in batches every few weeks; it takes a while because they have not yet automated a lot of the process, but they have promised improvements.

Q14. Why is my CashBack total lower than the sum of the CashBack amounts listed in the "My CashBack" tab
A14. It will update in a day or two.

CashBack & Bonus CashBack Tier Example
Wchau81 said:   dlong said:   Basically you have to get $20 back for the previous month to get 1% for everything else?

Yes [But you get a grace period on the first couple weeks of initial signup at 1%]

dlong said:   So in the case of Staples, which is 5%, you would have to spend $400. Or since Target is 7%, I would need to spend $285. or some combination thereof to get $20 Cash Back to get the 1% on purchases?

If I do not participate in any of the 'bonus offers', then I get 0 percent?

Edit: sorry, I wading through all a lot of the pages and even a bunch of searches but did not find any answers....

Max on Staples is $200 so you'd only get $10 Deal C@shback; the remainder would receive your normal rate (0 - 1.25%); max on Target is also $200 so $14 deal CB there. In total, yes, you will need to get to $20. If you don't participate in any "bonus offers", you won't get any CB on anything.

naas said:   

Don't forget that you get all month to satisfy the requirement. It's easy to fall into the mindset that you have to come up with $20 worth from just what you see this week.

BingBlangBlaow said:   You also can get .25% - .75% if you don't make it to $20, but you make it to a lower tier. Or if you make it to $25, you will earn 1.25% the following month. If you go over $25, up to the first $4.99 will also carry over, making it easier to hit at least the first tier the following month. This definitely helps with the feast or famine described above.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It appears envaulted is paying for use of your credit/spending data. The percentages are too high to be sustainable -- obviously.

They do not appear to be using Yodlee for backend. I would have higher trust if they were using Yodlee for the data collection engine.

I believe MC and Visa already have services that sell this data to companies. It would appear that the interest would be to target deals based on shopping patterns. In general, I do not believe the data is that valuable, and it appears other ad engines have already built pattern information without having to actually get the transaction data.

Rasheed

I predict their market research indicating that people buy dollar coins from the mint very very frequently.

Anyone find a way to register the Schwab card? I'm pretty excited about the idea of 3% CashBack.

I predict this site won't last through March at 1%, after being featured here at FWF.

only 166 beta left...

It gives you credit for your past 3 transactions when you register a card - I earned enough upon registering to request my first rewards check.

winter said:   It gives you credit for your past 3 transactions when you register a card - I earned enough upon registering to request my first rewards check.

What's the minimum for a check request?

Argh I knew I should have used my AMEX to buy the macbook air.

Is that past three for each card you register or just the first one you register?

Couldn't find this on their FAQ anywhere.

winter said:   It gives you credit for your past 3 transactions when you register a card - I earned enough upon registering to request my first rewards check.

delete

ok, just earned $1.08 based on last 3 purchases. Was a bit uneasy about supplying login info for my CC

I dont understand how to enable the "direct connect" stuff in Citi, Chase etc.

Sounded like a good idea, but they need much more than your CC account number. They also need your login name and password (at least for AMEX). Not worth the risk of having my account hijacked to earn a few hundred.

Tried to add one of my Chase CCs

Account not enabled for Quicken / Money (Direct Connect).
Please enable this service through your bank.

Any ideas on how to enable this on a Chase card?

hold on before spreading to your friends. They are planning to get referral incentive in mid jan.

Signed-up. The registration does not require your credit card number, only the last 4 digits. But, it does require your user id and password to the credit card company site.

Unfortunately, not all card issuers are in their system. For instance, Fidelity and PenFed cards cannot be registered at the moment... sent an email to support and asked them to add those two.

mojoshtudd said:   Is that past three for each card you register or just the first one you register?

Looks like each card!

There seems to be a limit to how far it'll go back tho. Registered a card with last purchase in Oct and didn't credit.

Also, limit of 3 registered cards.

mojoshtudd said:   Is that past three for each card you register or just the first one you register?

Last 3 in each card it seems.

Once they start the incentive referal in Jan, I guess you can give yourself referal if you have two or more credit cards. I suggest dont register all your cards now and wait for couple of more days. This is what the rep from envaulted emailed me

"Currently, the only incentive we provide you as a new member is giving you Cash Back credit for your last 3 transactions (when you register a card). We have a referral program currently that does not give incentives. You can navigate to the Invites link when you are logged in at the bottom of the page to refer friends.

However, be on the lookout for our paid referral program coming mid-January."

what was the other website where you can register your card? I read something similar few days ago on here

theg881 said:   what was the other website where you can register your card? I read something similar few days ago on here

Offermatic?

Watch out for fees from your card issuer. Envaulted uses Quicken's Direct Connect for which some banks may charge a monthly fee.

LINK

website said: Envaulted connects to financial Institutions using Direct Connect. Banks that offer Direct Connect sometimes require account holders to activate Direct Connect (Quicken Access), and may charge a fee for this service. Please check with your bank to understand your financial institution’s terms and conditions for using Direct Connect.

You guys think this site is safe to register?

DreamR2I said:   You guys think this site is safe to register?

It seems consensus here can be boiled down to two options:

1) Proceed with caution
2) Do not proceed

mojoshtudd said:   https://www.envaulted.com/

Looks like a straight 1% Cash Back after you register your credit card. I think this should not step on other CashBack sites including FW.

Got this from a techcrunch review.

ETA: from the FAQ. I have yet to find out what constitutes "retailers in out network".

How does Envaulted work?
Setting up an Envaulted account and earning Cash Back rewards is easy. Simply sign up for an account, provide us some basic information about you, and register one or more of your credit cards - that’s it!

After you set up your account, you can continue shopping using your registered cards the same way you always have. We monitor your purchases and work with retailers in our network to identify great deals tailored just for you. Retailers in our network never know your name, email address, or physical address, as you remain anonymous to anyone outside of Envaulted. We notify you when retailers are offering great rebates through your Envaulted account and through our weekly offers email.

We can see where you shop from your registered credit card(s), so there is no need for any coupons or special rewards cards – your credit card is your rewards card. You receive a minimum of 1% Cash Back on all purchases and even more Cash Back if you take advantage of the tailored offers we present to you. Your cash rewards continue to grow in your Envaulted account as you shop, and you can request a check reward disbursement once a month for free.

I don't understand their business model - and it's not explained on their website either. I understand they're claiming they will give Cash Back to registered credit card holders based on their purchases -- but why? How does Envaulted plan to make money for itself by giving Cash Back? Until I understand this I'm not giving them any personal information of mine. There COULD be a legitimate business here, but until they resolve this lack of transparency, no business from me.

they take the info of your spending habits and sell it to big brother. So now when the ATF wants to find you, they know you buy a coffee every monday/thursday, 7am at Starbucks.

I took their link to Chase customer support and then logged into my CC account. I went to 'Customer Center' tab at the top and then down to 'Reference Center' tools menu. The second option says to Activate Money, Quicken, etc. I clicked that and it was done. Painless.

AmiableAlien said:   Tried to add one of my Chase CCs

unbelievable what people will do for 1%, you will actually give a total stranger your username and password to logon to your account.
sounds like wikileaks to me..

mikeh76 said:   unbelievable what people will do for 1%, you will actually give a total stranger your username and password to logon to your account.I've given Yodlee much more (access to account with assets, not just credit). It is a shame that financial institutions don't offer a separate username/password just for Direct Connect access so that you don't have to give 3rd parties like this full access to your account.

To those wondering what the business model is here, I'm sure they are losing money on every transaction...but they are making it up in volume.

Kanosh said:   I don't understand their business model - and it's not explained on their website either. I understand they're claiming they will give Cash Back to registered credit card holders based on their purchases -- but why? How does Envaulted plan to make money for itself by giving Cash Back? Until I understand this I'm not giving them any personal information of mine. There COULD be a legitimate business here, but until they resolve this lack of transparency, no business from me.In addition to the 1% Cash Back they have special limited-time targeted offers, like right now 10% back for purchases made at Dunkin Donuts. Presumably they reached an agreement with DD that they get 12% CB for any member purchases at DD and since they only pay out 10% they pocket the 2%. Their terms and conditions state as much: Since Envaulted is also sharing a percentage of payments it receives from merchants, any transaction that Envaulted does not receive credit or payment for from an affiliated entity, will not be paid to Member. Since Envaulted may, from time to time, pay the Member before it receives payment from an affiliated merchant, Member balances may be adjusted accordingly from future payments if the affiliated merchant does not remunerate Envaulted.
It's pretty clear the 1% everywhere isn't going to last - its designed to get as many people as possible to sign-up since they need to reach critical mass for retailers to take them seriously. I'm sure once they have enough members they will lower and eventually phase out the CB everywhere and we will be left with just the targeted special CB promotions (that they are making money from). My guess anyway...

Edit: Oh yea, forgot to mention before, I only got $10.00 CB credit for a $1299 purchase I had made (Chase) so it looks like they may have a cap. Just thought that was worth mentioning in case it matters to anyone.

Edit #2: Just found the FAQ that addresses this: "We do have a per transaction limit calculated at up to the first $1,000 of each transaction. Standard rewards receive a maximum of $10 (1% on $1,000) for each transaction. Cash Back rewards associated with offers are calculated up to the first $1,000, multiplied by the provided offer reward (e.g., 5%, 10%). For example, if you respond to an offer providing 5% off your purchase, you will receive up to $50 Cash Back (i.e., maximum $1,000 x 5% = $50)."

Don't get too excited. This does not look like a flat 1% on everything for eternity. They give 1% on each registered card for your last 3 *recent* (current statement) transactions to entice you to sign up. I don't see any indication to the 1% commitment on non-targeted offers in the future, as indicated in their FAQ (Envaulted currently offers 1% Cash Back on your purchases with non-participating retailers) -- this can't go on forever...

Going forward, your CB is likely limited to the weekly offers. I suspect that it works in a similar manner to the rewardsnetwork.com dining (old Transmedia) credits/airline miles programs.

I registered my AMEX Blue, and will take a run at Dunkin Donuts (B&M) today, and post the results when the transaction hits. Combining this with the DD $5 giftcard offer with AMEX, plus the regular AMEX CB, it seems like they'll be paying me soon...

<ETA>

I can't find *anywhere* what the minimum amount is to redemm the rewards...

HotSalami said:   Don't get too excited. This does not look like a flat 1% on everything for eternity. They give 1% on each registered card for your last 3 *recent* (current statement) transactions to entice you to sign up. I don't see any indication to the 1% commitment on non-targeted offers in the future... Nothing is forever but for now the 1% CB on everything is the program...until they decide to change it. Use it while you can.

mikeh76 said:   unbelievable what people will do for 1%, you will actually give a total stranger your username and password to logon to your account.Seriously. I don't know how many people who have signed up (and provided their financial website logins/passwords) would do the same with a random guy on the street holding a sign offering 1% CashBack offer if you provide the random guy with a sign your logins/passwords. But how different is the guy on the street with a sign as opposed to some random website on the internet? How much have you vetted either?

turrdog said:   I took their link to Chase customer support and then logged into my CC account. I went to 'Customer Center' tab at the top and then down to 'Reference Center' tools menu. The second option says to Activate Money, Quicken, etc. I clicked that and it was done. Painless.

AmiableAlien said:   Tried to add one of my Chase CCs

How did you get around the 9.95/month fee?

Not exactly much info...

Domain Name: ENVAULTED.COM
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, INC.
Whois Server: whois.GoDaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS1.SOFTLAYER.COM
Name Server: NS2.SOFTLAYER.COM
Updated Date: 15-jul-2010
Creation Date: 29-apr-2010
Expiration Date: 29-apr-2012

It looks like for Chase to enable the Direct Connect its free if you only have credit card accounts, but if you have a bank account with them as well it want's to charge you the 9.95 per month fee unless theres a way to get separate chase log ins for your credit card and bank accounts.

Hey, guys, forget these chumps because I am giving TWO PERCENT on all eligible credit card purchases!!!! I don't have a website yet but I do have a FWF username so you know it's legit. All I need to get you signed up are your credit card numbers, usernames and passwords to all your credit card, bank and brokerage accounts, social security number, home address and phone number, and your mother's maiden name. Just email it to me at 2percenttotally4real@gmail.com.

Thanks and I look forward to writing large checks to all of you!

Skipping 5766 Messages...
I want to buy the Envaulted domain and link it to here..

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 1 2345146
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014