Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

PenFed new account number issued - no clear explanation why

9 of 13
dzyr4tt
1/10/11 3:50 PM
Does any one know if a new credit report can be pulled every day?
RS4Rings
1/10/11 3:55 PM
dzyr4tt said:   

Does any one know if a new credit report can be pulled every day?

No it can't
fedguy
1/10/11 5:10 PM
This information may have included your name, address, Social Security number, credit card number and/or debit card number. No personal identification numbers (PIN) or passwords were accessed and/or obtained.

Well, PINs, passwords, and credit card/debit card numbers are disposable. SSN, address (if you don't move), and name (unless you request to have it legally changed) are not.
fedguy
1/10/11 5:13 PM
wxl31 said:   

A bit off topic but does anybody know how to change the account number for MBNA Billpay? Want to switch the Penfed CC payment account number over to the new number at some point.

I don't have MBNA billpay, but use Bank of America BillPay and for any account changes, I can directly change it by updating the payee information for my payee list.
RS4Rings
1/10/11 5:18 PM
fedguy said:   

Well, PINs, passwords, and credit card/debit card numbers are disposable. SSN, address (if you don't move), and name (unless you request to have it legally changed) are not.

Your name and address is no big deal since it's listed in so many places, I also figure my SSN is floating around in so many places that it's not safe. Answer for me was putting a credit freeze on a few years ago and now no worries.
tjguitar85
1/10/11 6:39 PM
Got the letter today, still waiting on cards. Got the notifacation that I set up the new card # for estatements (I used MyCheckfree, not MBNA...I don't think you can add PenFed on MBNA anymore)
princebargain
1/11/11 12:35 PM
pros/cons to signing up for this idtheft monitoring co even if free for 2 yrs?

pros/cons to setting fraud alert to the credit agencies?
walletfart
1/11/11 1:38 PM
Hmm - I had 2x 1 cent authorizations (no charges) a few weeks ago from "UK2 LTD - London, UK". Penfed called me on a different charge that was legit, and then happened to ask about some other recent charges. This UK2 was one I couldn't answer for. I had to get a new card issued. It's been 2 weeks and no card. I called a few days ago and was told they ran out of plastic and had ordered more in.

Very annoying as this is my primary card.
Dom2797
1/11/11 5:42 PM
Got issued a new card - completely screwed up my Mint setup.
erinm
1/12/11 1:36 PM
RS4Rings said:   

Tried enrolling in the credit monitoring but could not, guessing it's because of freeze I have in place?

I have a freeze and had no problem enrolling in the credit monitoring.
9 of 13
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.