Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

PenFed new account number issued - no clear explanation why

3 of 13
wtfmissles
1/1/11 4:57 AM
My Penfed Rewards Visa card was also re-issued. The original card was issued in July 2010.
Now I have to go through all my billing companies and update my info as I used this card for auto-paying all of my bills. Better safe than sorry I guess...
tjguitar85
1/1/11 3:37 PM
tjguitar85 said:   

my Visa was issued in March-ish. It was not affected.

Spoke too soon. now it's showing a new Visa acct #. Annoying.
clutchcargo777
1/1/11 3:59 PM
tjguitar85 said:   

tjguitar85 said:   

Showing where? Online at Penfed or as a new account on your reports?
tjguitar85
1/1/11 4:09 PM
clutchcargo777 said:   

tjguitar85 said:   

tjguitar85 said:   

Showing where? Online at Penfed or as a new account on your reports?

Penfed online. they did a balance transfer from my original acct # to the new one on 12/31.
akubi
1/2/11 7:57 PM
weird, I haven't received any replacements for my penfed cash rewards visa. I don't see a new account listed in my online profile either.
tjguitar85
1/2/11 8:17 PM
I haven't received any replacements yet, but the new accounts are listed.
tryo0004
1/3/11 10:45 AM
Add me to the list. Getting a new AMEX and Visa. I run everything I can through those cards, so having different charges temporarily listed under two accounts for each card gets a little confusing. Still, I'm glad they are taking security seriously (assuming this is more of a preventive measure than a known loss of sensitive data, as a PenFed rep told me yesterday).
jwk1000
1/3/11 5:17 PM
I saw this first on my Experian report. I worry about the autopay. It was not clear that the autopay was setup for the new card. I'll be watching for it.
RS4Rings
1/3/11 5:21 PM
Got my new cards today, they are pretty, Blue instead of gray
fedguy
1/3/11 8:01 PM
I got the email about the change to my Pen Fed CC account. I thought it was because I submitted an overseas purchase that was rejected (and then presumed to be fraudulent) a few weeks ago. But it appears that I was not the only one who got the change.
3 of 13
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.