• Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
Does any one know if a new credit report can be pulled every day?

dzyr4tt said:   Does any one know if a new credit report can be pulled every day?
No it can't

This information may have included your name, address, Social Security number, credit card number and/or debit card number. No personal identification numbers (PIN) or passwords were accessed and/or obtained.

Well, PINs, passwords, and credit card/debit card numbers are disposable. SSN, address (if you don't move), and name (unless you request to have it legally changed) are not.

wxl31 said:   A bit off topic but does anybody know how to change the account number for MBNA Billpay? Want to switch the Penfed CC payment account number over to the new number at some point.

I don't have MBNA billpay, but use Bank of America BillPay and for any account changes, I can directly change it by updating the payee information for my payee list.

fedguy said:   

Well, PINs, passwords, and credit card/debit card numbers are disposable. SSN, address (if you don't move), and name (unless you request to have it legally changed) are not.

Your name and address is no big deal since it's listed in so many places, I also figure my SSN is floating around in so many places that it's not safe. Answer for me was putting a credit freeze on a few years ago and now no worries.

Got the letter today, still waiting on cards. Got the notifacation that I set up the new card # for estatements (I used MyCheckfree, not MBNA...I don't think you can add PenFed on MBNA anymore)

pros/cons to signing up for this idtheft monitoring co even if free for 2 yrs?

pros/cons to setting fraud alert to the credit agencies?

Hmm - I had 2x 1 cent authorizations (no charges) a few weeks ago from "UK2 LTD - London, UK". Penfed called me on a different charge that was legit, and then happened to ask about some other recent charges. This UK2 was one I couldn't answer for. I had to get a new card issued. It's been 2 weeks and no card. I called a few days ago and was told they ran out of plastic and had ordered more in.

Very annoying as this is my primary card.

Got issued a new card - completely screwed up my Mint setup.

RS4Rings said:   Tried enrolling in the credit monitoring but could not, guessing it's because of freeze I have in place?

I have a freeze and had no problem enrolling in the credit monitoring.

From http://www.depositaccounts.com/blog/

"PenFed had a laptop infected with malware that permitted unauthorized access to a database containing personal data of certain members. The security breach appeared to only affect PenFed members with credit cards. Fatwallet members with AMEX and Visa credit cards reported being issued new credit cards with new numbers. Letters to affected members were supposedly sent on January 4th.

New Hampshire is one of the states that require financial institutions to notify the state attorney general of security breaches that affect any of the state's residents."
Penfed Letter (pdf)

walletfart said:   Hmm - I had 2x 1 cent authorizations (no charges) a few weeks ago from "UK2 LTD - London, UK". Penfed called me on a different charge that was legit, and then happened to ask about some other recent charges. This UK2 was one I couldn't answer for. I had to get a new card issued. It's been 2 weeks and no card. I called a few days ago and was told they ran out of plastic and had ordered more in.

I had an unauthorized charge from the UK as well and I called about it. As a result they closed my account and reissued a new one then two days later closed THAT accound and reissued again when this large scale problem came to light. I could see it all happening online but it took awhile for everything to catch up. I eventually got two new of cards (one now closed, one current) and the letter offering credit monitoring.

I received the letter early last week, but I'm still waiting for the card. Ugh...

How about their mortgage and savings division... is our data out too ?

I received the identity theft protection letter as well but still no card...

I have just done 2 refi's and have no plan for new credit. So I am interested in credit freeze. Any links to this instead of Gooogle?

wtfmissles said:   I received the identity theft protection letter as well but still no card...

I also received the ID protection letter but still no card.

mladyd said:   walletfart said:   Hmm - I had 2x 1 cent authorizations (no charges) a few weeks ago from "UK2 LTD - London, UK". Penfed called me on a different charge that was legit, and then happened to ask about some other recent charges. This UK2 was one I couldn't answer for. I had to get a new card issued. It's been 2 weeks and no card. I called a few days ago and was told they ran out of plastic and had ordered more in.

I had an unauthorized charge from the UK as well and I called about it. As a result they closed my account and reissued a new one then two days later closed THAT accound and reissued again when this large scale problem came to light. I could see it all happening online but it took awhile for everything to catch up. I eventually got two new of cards (one now closed, one current) and the letter offering credit monitoring.

I had a similarly small charge last month from a "resort" in Denver, wtf. Penfed called and account was closed, new card reissued etc. Got the letter a few days ago and signed up for the online monitoring. I too wonder what happens after 2 years. Guess a call is in order.

i called them and they verbally told me I was not affected. They said if you call, they can tell you if you were affected, in case you didn't receive a letter.

RS4Rings said:   dzyr4tt said:   Does any one know if a new credit report can be pulled every day?
No it can't

anyone know how to pull a new report?

I activated ID Theft Smart. From the Credit Reports, Credit Information section, I can only see 3 credit cards that are "open", while I have more than 10+ active credit cards.

Does anyone notice this?

deleted

No new card yet. At least charges against my old card resumed working after about a half-day of failing to post.

I got my AMEX card right after New Years but finally go the Visa yesterday. So hopefully you will get yours soon.

I'm getting kind of worried. No new card (VISA) still and the old one auto cancels on the 31st.

I'm in the same boat. I called yesterday and was told that they were "somewhat behind" in their card replacement process, because they had "run out of plastic" (!)

Guess it's a little late to go long on "plastic" on the commodities market.

I just got the new replacement card in the mail yesterday. No mention about the 2% rebate change to supermarket purchases, but I guess I will see that information on the account statement for the new account.

Got my card today.

Visa finally came, still waiting on AMEX. Oddly enough the AMEX is the one that showed a 2nd account # first online.

I just received my card on the 15th. Kind of scary that they ran out of plastic. lol

I got my card also on yesterday! I have the Visa.

I received the Penfed replacement visa card on 1/15/11 (original notification by Penfed was on 12/23 as to the forthcoming replacement card).

Data Point: Others have reported receiving a statement notification as to a change to 1% from 2% on grocery Cash Back, beginning 3/1/11. I received no such notification on the 1/4/11 statement, or otherwise. In fact, the statement affirmed the 5/2/1 Cash Back rate on the statement.

I received replcaement card on Saturday. The color is blueish now instead of greyish - but still quite ugly to be honest.

faw169 said:   I received replcaement card on Saturday. The color is blueish now instead of greyish - but still quite ugly to be honest.

Penfed logo switched to match the logo on the AMEX too.

We got our cards on Saturday (1/15).

still waiting for my new AMEX.

Apparently I'm not affected, although I'd kind of wanted to - my card has a sizable crack and it could use a replacement. I know, I can call to get a new one, but the hassle is not big enough to motivate me to call.

g10ny said:   Apparently I'm not affected, although I'd kind of wanted to - my card has a sizable crack and it could use a replacement. I know, I can call to get a new one, but the hassle is not big enough to motivate me to call.

I would just use super glue on it to seal the crack. The only thing that really matters is the magnetic stripe.

Anyone else have two statements to pay? The Penfed website is saying that I have a new card and only to pay the new card's bill, but the new card clearly does not have all the charges that were also on the old one. I'm wondering if I need to make two separate payments to them, one for the old and one for the new. Both statements have the same due date.

Anyone else in this boat?

BetterDays said:   Anyone else have two statements to pay? The Penfed website is saying that I have a new card and only to pay the new card's bill, but the new card clearly does not have all the charges that were also on the old one. I'm wondering if I need to make two separate payments to them, one for the old and one for the new. Both statements have the same due date.

Anyone else in this boat?

Give it a couple days, they should be making adjustments on old card and bringing those charges to new one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.