Lifetime Cash Back:

PenFed new account number issued - no clear explanation why

Last page
13 of 13
BetterDays
1/22/11 8:22 AM
RS4Rings said:   

BetterDays said:   

Anyone else have two statements to pay? The Penfed website is saying that I have a new card and only to pay the new card's bill, but the new card clearly does not have all the charges that were also on the old one. I'm wondering if I need to make two separate payments to them, one for the old and one for the new. Both statements have the same due date.

Anyone else in this boat?

Give it a couple days, they should be making adjustments on old card and bringing those charges to new one.

These are the PDF statements though (which I would think are cast in stone at this point).
CycloneFW
1/22/11 9:08 AM
What did they say when you called them and asked?
c3
1/22/11 12:51 PM
BetterDays said:   

These are the PDF statements though (which I would think are cast in stone at this point).

Doesn't matter. I also have an outdated PDF statement which can be ignored.
faw169
1/22/11 2:55 PM
I can't change FIA Bill Pay Choice card number for the new card. Adding a new card is not an option any more. Any thoughts?

I did activate e-billing - I just stopped it in hope that that may allow me to change card number using Auto-Pay button.
BetterDays
1/22/11 9:21 PM
CycloneFW said:   

When I called, they said pay the balance on the new card's statement and ignore the statement for the cancelled card (same as what the website says). The problem is that not all of the charges from the old card were moved over to the new. Maybe I'll just shut up and not worry about it since the error is in my favor. I was just curious if anyone else was seeing this same thing.
CycloneFW
1/23/11 1:07 AM
BetterDays said:   

CycloneFW said:   

When I called, they said pay the balance on the new card's statement and ignore the statement for the cancelled card (same as what the website says). The problem is that not all of the charges from the old card were moved over to the new. Maybe I'll just shut up and not worry about it since the error is in my favor. I was just curious if anyone else was seeing this same thing.

In that case, I'd take a screenshot of that page on the website, and write down the details of that phone call (like where and who you spoke with). Then follow the instructions and if they later try to charge you interest or fees (which I doubt they would), complain and tell them you have the documentation detailing what you were told to do.

In all likelihood, they will eventually transfer over and assuming you weren't already going to pay interest on them before this mean (meaning you didn't pay-in-full last month), they would be treated as "effective" the date they transfer and act like a new purchase.
hraner
1/25/11 7:36 PM
I am still waiting for our two Penfed AMEX cards. I'm getting upset and impatient with Penfed on the way they handle this. Also, considering their messy credit report entries, a new account for the AMEX replacement? They reported duplicated entries on my credit reports after I got the card last year, I had to call/fax in stuff to get them fixed. Now again?
americano
1/27/11 10:40 AM
This is a newbie question - is the credit score available from the Idintegrity website they are offering?
johnf585
1/27/11 11:36 AM
americano said:   

This is a newbie question - is the credit score available from the Idintegrity website they are offering?

As previously mentioned, the credit scores are NOT provided. It just provides a merged three bureau credit report after registering...
Kidsmakeyoucrazy
2/16/11 8:58 AM
I was one of those who were issued a new card. I checked my transactions this morning and I've got a fraudulent charge on the brand new card! It was coded as PAYPAL - KTN SYSTEM. Paypal has no idea what they do or a phone #...all they could say was they process payments for KTN. So now I have to get another new card. Any ideas who KTN SYSTEM is?
Last page
13 of 13
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.