• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I received a letter from Wells Fargo with an offer to join AutoVantage Enhanced that provides roadside assistance like 150 miles of towing five times a year.

There is a 30 day free trial period at first. After the trial period, $15.99 will be directly billed each month to the Wells Fargo credit card account.

The letter states that you can cancel within the 30 days and not be billed and still keep the GPS for free. It takes 4-5 weeks for the GPS to be delivered after you send them a claim card you will get in the welcome packet.

I have heard of some magazines that make similar offers and then do not cancel even if you call to cancel after an year. Any experiences canceling with AutoVantage either within the first 30 days or later?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'd be leery if I were you. A simple google search turns up a lot of complaints about AutoVantage.

I've used Autovantage enhanced for multiple long distance tows as I'm restoring a few cars

If you don't plan on using the service mail mr the card ANd I'll put it to good use

People complain because they don't follow the rules. If you follow the rules carefully Autoadvantage, BuyAdvantage, ShoppersAdvantage and whatever other clubs this company comes up with can be a great source of money, gift cards and merchandise. Just sign up, get your welcome packet, send in the card and then call to cancel. I have probably done this 20 times. I have never been charged and have never had a problem.

offer link??

vickh said:   offer link??
OP said he received a letter from Wells Fargo

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   I've used Autovantage enhanced for multiple long distance tows as I'm restoring a few cars

If you don't plan on using the service mail mr the card ANd I'll put it to good use

Does Autovantage have any benefits over AAA Plus or Premier? The monthly cost is higher than AAA dues divided by 12.

Bobalude said:   SUCKISSTAPLES said:   I've used Autovantage enhanced for multiple long distance tows as I'm restoring a few cars

Does Autovantage have any benefits over AAA Plus or Premier? The monthly cost is higher than AAA dues divided by 12.

Plus you don't get the other benefits AAA offers.

Yeah they offer five tows per year vs aaa 4

AV each can be 150 miles. Aaa premier is one 200 mile tow and three 100 mile tows

They
don't require membership card present at tow so after it's called in your friend can sign for it -heck it can even be your friends car. With aaa you have to have your card or submit for reimbursement later

I've done a couple of these Wells Fargo *Vantage offers (maybe not AutoVantage; I think TravelVantage) and canceled within 30 days, and didn't have any problems (was never charged). I just did them for the free iPod shuffle or whatever they were giving away. Sometimes the free item is a crappy generic brand that you wouldn't want anyway; if you're signing up for the GPS, I would try to find out what brand it is first (they probably don't say, but you can look on Amazon and see which picture matches). (Though, maybe for a GPS there aren't any cheap crappy brands like there are for other items like cameras.)

I got iPod shuffle when I signed up for Autovantage

Neidman said:   People complain because they don't follow the rules. If you follow the rules carefully Autoadvantage, BuyAdvantage, ShoppersAdvantage and whatever other clubs this company comes up with can be a great source of money, gift cards and merchandise. Just sign up, get your welcome packet, send in the card and then call to cancel. I have probably done this 20 times. I have never been charged and have never had a problem.

I agree with you. I have joined multiple clubs in past, order gift card etc etc during first week. Set a reminder on phone to cancel membership 3 days before expiration. Its simple & easy and all you need to be is bit organized.

I also got the same offer from WellsFargo. I mailed my acceptance card.
Last year I got an offer for a portable DVD player. I sent it in and cancelled within 30 days - no charges were billed. The DVD player was a cheap COBY brand, but it works!!

Does anyone have the address to send the deal in to for the AutoVantage free GPS? I threw away the business reply envelope but have the wells fargo deal...

I have it for you. I copied all the paperwork including the envelope before mailing it in.

AUTOVANTAGE ENHANCED
Offical Claim Office
PO Box 5550
Binghamton, NY 13902-9901

Does someone have, by any chance, the phone number to cancel the service??? I certainly want my GPS, but no the service and can't find the number! Thanks!

Does someone have, by any chance, the phone number to cancel the service??? I certainly want my GPS, but no the service and can't find the number! Thanks!

Yes i've been trying to find the number for a while, my roommate threw away the initial offer slip i was sent and i can't find the bloody number anywhere.

Yes i've been trying to find the number for a while, my roommate threw away the initial offer slip i was sent and i can't find the bloody number anywhere.

found the number on my cell phone bill, 866-640-5695

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014