• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Open a Chase CheckingSM account, set up direct deposit and get a $100 cash bonus.
(Expires 1/31/2011)

Linky

For our new Chase checking customer, you'll need a minimum opening deposit of $100. You'll get your $100 cash bonus, plus all the benefits of Chase CheckingSM:

* FREE access to 15,000 Chase ATMs nationwide
* FREE Online Banking & Online Bill Pay
* FREE Text and E-mail Alerts
* 24/7 access with Chase MobileSM on your phone
* No monthly service fee with five debit card purchases or direct deposit*

Fine Print:
*Important Information/Service Fee — Chase CheckingSM has no monthly service fee when you have five or more debit card purchases or a direct deposit post to your account each statement period, otherwise a $6 monthly Service Fee will apply. The direct deposit qualifier changes to at least one direct deposit of $500 or more and takes effect with statement periods beginning February 8, 2011. Two or more direct deposits that add up to $500 or more do not qualify.

Bonus/Account Information — Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers. Offer valid through 1/31/11. To qualify for the bonus you must open a new Chase CheckingSM Account with a $100 minimum deposit of new money (money not currently held by Chase or its affiliates). Also, within 60 calendar days of account opening, we must receive from your employer or the government a monthly electronic direct deposit of your payroll, pension or government benefits, such as Social Security. The bonus will be deposited into your new account within 10 business days after your initial direct deposit is posted to your account. Bonus is not considered part of minimum opening deposit. Limit one checking account-related reward/premium per customer, per calendar year. Offer not available on account conversions or in combination with any other offer. Employees of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and our affiliates are not eligible. Checking account must remain open for a minimum of six months or the bonus will be debited from the account at closing. Account is subject to approval. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS form 1099-INT.

Free Chase Mobile and Text Alerts — There is no charge from Chase, but message and data rates may apply from your wireless provider.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thanks, used! Need to replace my grandfathered WaMu checking.

<edit>
We're temporarily unable to verify your Coupon Code.... (more)

kami333 (Jan. 24, 2011 @ 6:30p) |

How is the bank going to know if the DD comes from an employer payroll or an individual? They both use bank checking ac... (more)

jw530 (Feb. 21, 2011 @ 2:46p) |

Does anyone have codes that are current? ive been looking everywhere even under rocks does this code even exist for busi... (more)

s0urskittl319 (Feb. 25, 2011 @ 1:05p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:

I received a $150 off in my po box.

get one of those moving envelop at the postal office, they have at least $125 inside.

does PayPal count as DD with chase?

Be patient grasshoppers, since one can only take advantage of ONE chase checking offer per year, you may want to wait for a $125 or even a $150 offer.
But for those who don't want to wait, feel free to proceed by all mean.

BTPlayer said:   Be patient grasshoppers, since one can only take advantage of ONE chase checking offer per year, you may want to wait for a $125 or even a $150 offer.

Waiting for 125 sounds reasonable, but why not just take it
Chase has only one checking offer per customer per year - I took continental 25k offer about 7 months ago which I will be closing tomorrow. I should be eligible for any offer, right?

JAGLUR said:   BTPlayer said:   Be patient grasshoppers, since one can only take advantage of ONE chase checking offer per year, you may want to wait for a $125 or even a $150 offer.

Chase has only one checking offer per customer per year - I took continental 25k offer about 7 months ago which I will be closing tomorrow. I should be eligible for any offer, right?

They do it by calendar year. So you are okay for new offer again this year.

ACH pushes worked as a DD last year, so I assume it still works. I got my bonus last year with nothing but trial deposits.

'we must receive from your employer or the government a monthly electronic direct deposit of your payroll, pension or government benefits, such as Social Security'
I don't know if they would accept ACH pushes from any other place!

bharatiya said:   'we must receive from your employer or the government a monthly electronic direct deposit of your payroll, pension or government benefits, such as Social Security'

Most all banks say that, but in reality ACH pushes work the vast majority of the time.

JAGLUR said:   BTPlayer said:   Be patient grasshoppers, since one can only take advantage of ONE chase checking offer per year, you may want to wait for a $125 or even a $150 offer.

Someone else posted in another thread that you have to wait 90 days after closing your account to open up a new one to get a bonus offer (otherwise you're still an "existing customer").

This does make sense, but I don't think it has been verified by anyone at Chase. If someone has any additional information, please let us know.

There's also a $200 bonus for opening a business account. Minimum deposit is $2000, or you can get a $100 bonus with a $500 deposit. I did this in 2009 and 2010 and got the $200 bonus each time. And I just opened my 2011 account yesterday to get another $200.
You need to get a coupon using the link below, and open your account by 1/8/11.

Chase $200 Business Checking Bonus

just make a note for new checking account people, that u will need a direct deposit of a minimum $500 to waive the fee. I personally think this is very stupid.

FatFreddie said:   There's also a $200 bonus for opening a business account. Minimum deposit is $2000, or you can get a $100 bonus with a $500 deposit. I did this in 2009 and 2010 and got the $200 bonus each time. And I just opened my 2011 account yesterday to get another $200.

i tried to open this online but looks like you need to have legitimate registered business entity. Can you open as sole prop? Is it easier to do this online?

thanks
Pranav

prastogi said:   

i tried to open this online but looks like you need to have legitimate registered business entity. Can you open as sole prop? Is it easier to do this online?

thanks
Pranav

It can be a sole prop but you have to have a fictitious (DBA) name registered with your state, at least for Chase branches in FL.

dawhim said:   I received a $150 off in my po box.

get one of those moving envelop at the postal office, they have at least $125 inside.

I was just at the post office yesterday trying to pick up a chase $125 signup bonus coupon, but I'm guessing the post office has different coupons for the new year. There was no Chase coupon inside my moving envelope, only a Key Bank signup coupon for ~$125 or $150 (I forget the exact amount).

Quovatis said:   bharatiya said:   'we must receive from your employer or the government a monthly electronic direct deposit of your payroll, pension or government benefits, such as Social Security'

Most all banks say that, but in reality ACH pushes work the vast majority of the time.
Well, they’re clearly tightening this up. Another thread here at FW indicates that Chase is upping the ante in terms of: 1) whether it needs to be a formal "direct deposit" and not just a user-initiated ACH (and yes, the software can tell the difference if they write it in such a way that it does so), and 2) the minimum amount of the direct deposit. So, read the rules and obey them, if for no other reason than to save yourself some grief.

does chase do a hard pull?

prastogi said:   FatFreddie said:   There's also a $200 bonus for opening a business account. Minimum deposit is $2000, or you can get a $100 bonus with a $500 deposit. I did this in 2009 and 2010 and got the $200 bonus each time. And I just opened my 2011 account yesterday to get another $200.

thanks Pranav
If you read the coupon terms, it states you must open it in a branch. Take the email you get with your coupon code with you. That's what I did. I stated I'm a landlord with rental properties to manage (true) and wanted the account for that purpose. The account was opened and I only needed to provide my SSN.

huffboy said:   does chase do a hard pull?
no hard pull for personal accounts(done it about 5 times so far). I have not opened business.

Becareful, chase is going to charge 7$ per month if you either do not have 500$ direct deposit and 5 transactions on debit card per month. so dont forget that if you plan on opening more accounts.

ebestbuy said:   Becareful, chase is going to charge 7$ per month if you either do not have 500$ direct deposit and 5 transactions on debit card per month. so dont forget that if you plan on opening more accounts.

you missed the or:

chase said:
*Important Information/Service Fee — Chase CheckingSM has no monthly service fee when you have five or more debit card purchases or a direct deposit post to your account each statement period, otherwise a $6 monthly Service Fee will apply.

Chase Bank is a bunch of freakin' morons! First they run a bunch of customers off by beginning to charge monthly fees, then they offer $100 to entice customers to open new accounts. Talk about being bi-polar.

1824 said:   Chase Bank is a bunch of freakin' morons! First they run a bunch of customers off by beginning to charge monthly fees, then they offer $100 to entice customers to open new accounts. Talk about being bi-polar.
All the big banks are trying to stiff lower balance accounts with higher fees. Not to defend Chase, but they'd be remiss if they weren't on this bandwagon.

Here's a $125 code that expires 1/31

Please reply in this thread if you use it.

manly said:   1824 said:   Chase Bank is a bunch of freakin' morons! First they run a bunch of customers off by beginning to charge monthly fees, then they offer $100 to entice customers to open new accounts. Talk about being bi-polar.
All the big banks are trying to stiff lower balance accounts with higher fees. Not to defend Chase, but they'd be remiss if they weren't on this bandwagon.

Here's a $125 code that expires 1/31

Please reply in this thread if you use it.

Thanks, used! Need to replace my grandfathered WaMu checking.

<edit>
We're temporarily unable to verify your Coupon Code. Click "Proceed Without Coupon Code" to continue, or try again later. Thanks for your patience.

Someone already use it?

<edit2>
After looking into it further, I think the code could still be good.

It might be giving me that error because I already have an account. I never noticed it before but the current promotion codes all say not valid for existing account holders. I have a mailer code that is specifically for opening a 2nd account so I'm going to try that instead.

If anyone wants to give manly's code a try, go for it, I didn't/couldn't use it.

fw9999 said:   Quovatis said:   bharatiya said:   'we must receive from your employer or the government a monthly electronic direct deposit of your payroll, pension or government benefits, such as Social Security'

Well, they’re clearly tightening this up. Another thread here at FW indicates that Chase is upping the ante in terms of: 1) whether it needs to be a formal "direct deposit" and not just a user-initiated ACH (and yes, the software can tell the difference if they write it in such a way that it does so), and 2) the minimum amount of the direct deposit. So, read the rules and obey them, if for no other reason than to save yourself some grief.

How is the bank going to know if the DD comes from an employer payroll or an individual? They both use bank checking accounts which consist of a bank account and a transit routing number. Is there a code or something that could distinguish a company from an individual. Are people receiving their bonuses after the first deposit?

Does anyone have codes that are current? ive been looking everywhere even under rocks does this code even exist for business customers. the guy at the branch said look in newspapers and online but i dont see anything. Have been looking for about 4 hours now

any help would greatly be appreciated!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014