• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I received this flyer in the mail today. Fine print says "bring this coupon to your local Chase branch and get $100 when you open a new Chase Savings account with a minimum opening deposit of $5,000 or more."

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Did this. Must bring in offer by name received by mail, otherwise personal bankers will not authorize. Only 1 bonus per ... (more)

snork615 (Dec. 02, 2011 @ 3:48p) |

You can do one bonus per year per personal & business checking/products.

ucfzf10 (Dec. 02, 2011 @ 3:56p) |

Can anyone tell me the actual coupon code please?

aly2012 (Jan. 30, 2012 @ 7:35p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:

When I did this, there was a requirement that I keep $1500 in the account for six months, or you'd lose the benefit. So, you're going to lose ~$20-25 in interest because of that (assuming you're using an RCA with a ~3% rate), so the real benefit is only ~$75, and then there are taxes.

That was true for the money-market savings bonus. That account requires $1500 to waive the monthly fee. Still a net $75 as you pointed out.

This deal is for the regular savings account which only requires $300 to waive the monthly fee.

Are you a Chase checking customer to get this mail flyer? Or are you a Chase credit cardholder only? Both?

I have a chase checking and got this offer. I went to Chase yesterday and closed checking because of $500 DD requirement.

bankdealsrule said:   Are you a Chase checking customer to get this mail flyer? Or are you a Chase credit cardholder only? Both?

double posting - sorry

bankdealsrule said:   Are you a Chase checking customer to get this mail flyer? Or are you a Chase credit cardholder only? Both?

Both. However, my wife got it and she has only has a checking account.

I asssume it varies by market, but I get a flyer for $100 for opening a checking account every other week. If you use a Chase ATM with a non-chase card it spits out a $125 offer on the receipt as well.

vipercon said:   I asssume it varies by market, but I get a flyer for $100 for opening a checking account every other week. If you use a Chase ATM with a non-chase card it spits out a $125 offer on the receipt as well.

The checking account offers do not vary by market. That bonus is all over the internet, in the mail, at the post office, on the back of receipts, and at least 4 recent FW threads have mentioned it in just the last couple months.

This offer is for the savings account. And it is stackable with the checking account bonus.

I am a Chase checking customer and a credit card holder. I got this flyer in the mail last week. It does not mention anything about needing to keep the entire $5,000 in the account to qualify for the bonus. Has this been the case with previous offers? From the discussion above with cestmoi and drsauce it appears so?

I have gotten the Money Market snail mail offer each of the past 7 months or so. This is interesting, just the plain Savings Account has less opportunity cost and likely worth doing.

kettledrum said:   I am a Chase checking customer and a credit card holder. I got this flyer in the mail last week. It does not mention anything about needing to keep the entire $5,000 in the account to qualify for the bonus. Has this been the case with previous offers? From the discussion above with cestmoi and drsauce it appears so?

You can pull it out the next day if you want. Same with the Checking and Biz banking bonuses.

Hi I got the same thing for the $100 if you open with 5000, but can't find it and they won't put it into the system with out the coupon code. Is anyone willing to let me know what those numbers were.

never mind I found it!!!

My offer is not as good... Flyer says "get $100 when you deposit $10,000 or more into your chase savings account and maintain that balance for 90 days".

drsauce said:   That was true for the money-market savings bonus. That account requires $1500 to waive the monthly fee. Still a net $75 as you pointed out.

This deal is for the regular savings account which only requires $300 to waive the monthly fee.

Good catch on the $300 min.
Do note there's a limit of 1 "savings-related bonus" per calendar year--at least per my flyer.
Shouldn't be a problem since it's still early in the year.

USrules said:   My offer is not as good... Flyer says "get $100 when you deposit $10,000 or more into your chase savings account and maintain that balance for 90 days".
Same targeted offer here, had gone in a week or so before I received this offer to close out both my Chase checking and savings due to the upcoming (Feb) new DD requirements for grandfathered WAMU checking customers, but could not because a 3 business day old ACH pull (nearly clearing out both accounts) was still pending...Chase sucks sometimes.

Anyway went for this offer, the $100 on a $10K is about 4% for those 3 months (if my math is correct) and was quick and painless, Chase converted my existing "plus" savings with a higher minimum balance requirement into a regular savings. The $10K has to be there 90 days and savings account must remain open for 6 months. The 10K balance keeps the checking free, and the ability to deposit cash at a local branch is handy.

After 90 days I plan to withdraw all but $300 from savings and close the checking account and 3 months after that close the savings and be done with Chase.

Been very happy with Alliant CU for past 10 months, except for the ever diminishing interest rates.

I got the flyer in my Chase checking statement envelope today.

Get $100 for opening savings acct with $5000 or more.

Need $300 balance to avoid monthly fee.

Almost instant 2% return is a good deal, I'm in.

when is $100 bonus credit to your account. It seems I still haven't got it after 2 month.

steven18 said:   when is $100 bonus credit to your account. It seems I still haven't got it after 2 month.

Mine appeared within a few days of opening the account and making the required deposit. I'd say at this point you're not going to get it unless you go talk to someone about it.

drsauce said:   vipercon said:   I asssume it varies by market, but I get a flyer for $100 for opening a checking account every other week. If you use a Chase ATM with a non-chase card it spits out a $125 offer on the receipt as well.

The checking account offers do not vary by market. That bonus is all over the internet, in the mail, at the post office, on the back of receipts, and at least 4 recent FW threads have mentioned it in just the last couple months.

This offer is for the savings account. And it is stackable with the checking account bonus.

Bummer... I just took them up on the $125 checking/savings combined bonus, so I'm assuming I won't get offered this now. Maybe if I close the savings account...?

steven18 said:   when is $100 bonus credit to your account. It seems I still haven't got it after 2 month.

These bonuses come quick. It rarely takes more than 1 week.

Chase has been on a real tear giving money away lately. About 7 months ago I got the $200 bonus for a checking account signup (account must be open 6 months or bonus is forfeited). Just opened a savings account for the $100 bonus as mentioned in the OP (5k opening deposit, must stay open 6 months, no mention of minimum except $300 to avoid fees). Shortly thereafter I signed up for the Chase Freedom card for the $100 CashBack with minimal spend.

Here's the kicker: as I completed the application, up popped the offer for $125 bonus for a new checking account (new checking account customers only, limit one checking account bonus per calender year, $100 minimum opening deposit, acount must receive employer or government direct deposit). Offer valid until late May, but that should be enough time for me cancel my currect (minimal) direct deposit, close the old checking account, and open the new account for the new bonus. Offer requires a coupon code, not sure if it's linked to me personally, how many there are floating around out there, or how it's targetted so YMMV. Only downside is you have to go into the branch to open the account and listen to the sales job about how they want to be your personal banker.

If everything goes as planned, that should be $525 return on a couple hundred bucks over about 8 months, costing me a hard pull, a couple of changes on my direct deposit, and sitting through 3 attempts by Chase to foster a deep, meaningful emotional relationship with me. I could do without the spritual bond, but the money ain't too shabby.

This might be good to open with 10k+ and then apply for the Chase 5% card.

Opened both Chase checking for $125 and Savings with 5k deposit for $100.
Three days later got $125 bonus in my checking, but $100+$100 (!!!) bonus in my savings! Don't have any idea about the second hundred...Chase did not withdrew it yet (a week has passed) So, I guess it is some kind of bonus promo on their part...

any printable coupons??

vickh said:   any printable coupons??

I haven't seen any - just the targeted snail mail offer. I'll keep my eye out though.

what is the coupon code? I may give it a try.

please, what is the coupon code?? I can't find any related information online...

cestmoi123 said:   When I did this, there was a requirement that I keep $1500 in the account for six months, or you'd lose the benefit. So, you're going to lose ~$20-25 in interest because of that (assuming you're using an RCA with a ~3% rate), so the real benefit is only ~$75, and then there are taxes.

I am very bad at math, but my friend you are twice as bad as I'm.

Google : savings account chase. Comes up a checking with $125 bonus. If you got time to go in, a new account person will gladly give you a coupon code. That worked for me.

karatz said:   Google : savings account chase. Comes up a checking with $125 bonus. If you got time to go in, a new account person will gladly give you a coupon code. That worked for me.

This is a little confusing. Did you find a link for the savings account bonus? If so, please add it to the quick summary.

Shouldn't be confusing.

Did you Google "savings account chase"? Nothing comes up right? Only a $125 bonus for a checking account right? If you can use that by all means do. If you only want a savings account bonus I gave you my experience (I just cut out a ton of crap what I thought was unnecessary to avoid wasting a bunch of your time reading).

I went into a branch and asked the new accounts representative if they had a $100 bonus for a new savings account. If you want a $100 bonus for a new savings account to do for your dad, just ask that new accounts representative for a coupon code for your dad; heck as for 10 of em. This worked just fine for me.

If a link to a $100 bonus for a new savings account is what you want then I'm sorry I didn't save paperwork after my bonus posted a few days later. Just happens to be that each savings account I opened I did so with $5000+ coin. It was very convenient for me as I don't know any way to deposit $1 coins via a link on the internet. I have 7 branches with in 10 miles of me. Would you like to venture a guess how many I opened (;

If you want one now I showed you how. If you'd rather wait for a link - I'll keep my eye out for one. I might even check for you next time I'm at a branch. Oh, and I am on my second go around so I wouldn't suggest waiting too long if you wish to repeat.

I got another $10,000 deposit for $100 offer yesterday in the mail. I received a $100 for $15k a few months ago and ignored it, but may jump on this one with the usual - deposit the $10,000 (shifted from one of my other high yield accounts), wait for the bonus to post, and then take the money out.

I'm in as of 9/29. I had the same offer as calwatch. I asked the banker if the $10000 needed to remain in the account for any period of time. He said that he thought it needed to stay in for the full six months despite nothing on the offer indicating this. I'm pretty sure he was incorrect. I will pull the 10k minus the minimum needed to keep the account from incurring charges and hope all goes well

Do you know what the promo code is on the flyer?

No Chase in DC area. Is the offer available online?

Did this. Must bring in offer by name received by mail, otherwise personal bankers will not authorize. Only 1 bonus per year for checking, savings, etc. of course fully taxable. Checking acc. substantial deductions are hard to avoid and net you will probably lose. 1 hour to set up and another hour to retrieve drivers license their copier swallowed. But it did help get a Sapphire card somehow and therein was generated real money.

snork615 said:   Did this. Must bring in offer by name received by mail, otherwise personal bankers will not authorize. Only 1 bonus per year for checking, savings, etc. of course fully taxable. Checking acc. substantial deductions are hard to avoid and net you will probably lose. 1 hour to set up and another hour to retrieve drivers license their copier swallowed. But it did help get a Sapphire card somehow and therein was generated real money.You can do one bonus per year per personal & business checking/products.

Skipping 1 Messages...
Can anyone tell me the actual coupon code please?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014