• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Got this in my email yesterday and seems like a great way to earn earn more points that can be cashed in for gift cards (via skymiles marketplace).

Delta Get More Offer
per link said: EARN MORE BY TRANSFERRING MEMBERSHIP REWARDS POINTS INTO YOUR SKYMILES ACCOUNT. Once you register, you'll earn a 50% mileage bonus the first time you ever transfer Membership Rewards® points into your Delta SkyMiles® account. Offer good for first-time only transfers now through May 31, 2011. First register, then transfer points. And if you transfer 50,000 points or more, you'll also receive 25,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). That's enough to give you Medallion status and benefits like waived baggage fees, unlimited upgrades, preferred seating, and more.
Must transfer points by May 31, 2011, but I don't see a deadline for sign-up.

If you have 50k MR points to transfer, you'll also get Silver Medallion status (the 25k MQM miles). Not certain if the MQM miles also count towards general skymiles or not, but this could be an added perk.

So for a 50k MR transfer (normally worth $500 in store gift cards thru MR), you'll get;
75K skymiles (roughly $735 in store gift cards off Delta Marketplace since a $250 GC is 25.5k miles)
25k MQM miles, which will at least give you Silver Medallion status (free baggage, etc Medallion Status Perks
-$30 in transfer fees (see fine print of fee of 0.0006 per mile transferred...not a big deal)
for total of:
$705 in gift cards + MQM perk.

Which nets an additional $205 in gift cards over directly redeeming AMEX MR points directly, albeit, with some different store GC options at the skymiles marketplace.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I assume you mean gift cards, not credit cards. Once you log in, there is link to Gift Cards in bold print on the left s... (more)

kjgco (May. 06, 2011 @ 4:57p) |

I also cannot see the gift card option. Can someone confirm if it still exists?

amitgu (May. 13, 2011 @ 2:26p) |

EDIT - Just realized how old this thread is, my bad. Ignore this.

pthor1231 (Aug. 07, 2011 @ 11:11p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:

That's a good deal, likely the best way to transfer MR to Delta. I did it back in December. Unfortunately I only had 26K MR so no MQMs for me but I received 39K Delta miles. I'm sure there's a good thread on FT about this deal.

Great deal. Just did this today morning, and the miles, including the MQM, posted immediately to my Delta account.

One caution though is that there is an airline offset fee ($30 for 50000 miles) that I had to pay for the transfer.

best deal is to get $100 AMEX gc for 11,000 Delta miles.

HumDoHamaraDo said:   best deal is to get $100 AMEX gc for 11,000 Delta miles.

"(roughly $735 in store gift cards off Delta Marketplace since a $250 GC is 25.5k miles)"

just be aware not everyone gets this conversion rate. You're probably platinum status or something. When I look at it they want 36,000 miles for a $100 AMEX giftcard.

edrucker said:   HumDoHamaraDo said:   best deal is to get $100 AMEX gc for 11,000 Delta miles.

"(roughly $735 in store gift cards off Delta Marketplace since a $250 GC is 25.5k miles)"

just be aware not everyone gets this conversion rate. You're probably platinum status or something. When I look at it they want 36,000 miles for a $100 AMEX giftcard.

If you have a Delta AMEX card, you get $100 American Express gift card for 11,000 miles. I signed up for the 30% promo and won't let me use the 50% promo. oh well.

In case you're looking for 50,000 MR points, there is still the AMEX Platinum with $450 annual fee bonus deal here (I think there's a thread somewhere on FWF):
http://www201.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/Platinum-Card/50K_1Kspend_first3months/
(copy paste in an incognito window)

50,000 MR points after $1000 in spending, and of course the $450 annual fee. But you do get all the AMEX Platinum benefits (lounge access etc...).

HumDoHamaraDo said:   I signed up for the 30% promo and won't let me use the 50% promo. oh well.

Actually it does appear possible to register for both - in fact the web page that comes up after you successfully register for the 50% promo invites you to sign up for the 30% promo as well (and provides a link). I successfully signed up for both this way (not that I'll use the 30% promo).

In your case HumDoHamaraDo, I thought perhaps due to some glitch the order in which you sign up for the offers somehow matters, so I experimented on 2 other skymiles accounts in the sign-up order you did - 30% bonus first, and then the 50% bonus. One worked, and the other didn't. The difference in the one that didn't is I had done the prior 50% promotion on it back in December, so perhaps that is the reason it wouldn't allow a sign-up for this 50% promotion. Hope that info helps.

Floydian said:   In case you're looking for 50,000 MR points, there is still the AMEX Platinum with $450 annual fee bonus deal here (I think there's a thread somewhere on FWF):
http://www201.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/Platinu...
(copy paste in an incognito window)

50,000 MR points after $1000 in spending, and of course the $450 annual fee. But you do get all the AMEX Platinum benefits (lounge access etc...).
It's actually even less than $450 annually (sort of), since AMEX now gives you $200 back in airline charges (baggages fees, food/drinks, upgrades, etc.). If you fly even a few times a year, you will recoup that $200.

do you have to transfer 50K at once?

HumDoHamaraDo said:   If you have a Delta AMEX card, you get $100 American Express gift card for 11,000 miles.

any Delta AMEX card? I have a "options" card

vickh said:   HumDoHamaraDo said:   If you have a Delta AMEX card, you get $100 American Express gift card for 11,000 miles.

any Delta AMEX card? I have a "options" card


Try adding it to your Profile under Manage My Account and see if that changes things: Credit Cards

You might have to wait a day or two.

jaimelobo said:   Floydian said:   In case you're looking for 50,000 MR points, there is still the AMEX Platinum with $450 annual fee bonus deal here (I think there's a thread somewhere on FWF):
http://www201.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/Platinu...
(copy paste in an incognito window)

50,000 MR points after $1000 in spending, and of course the $450 annual fee. But you do get all the AMEX Platinum benefits (lounge access etc...).
It's actually even less than $450 annually (sort of), since AMEX now gives you $200 back in airline charges (baggages fees, food/drinks, upgrades, etc.). If you fly even a few times a year, you will recoup that $200.


Looks like the offer had expired.
Anybody has a new link?

This deal got even better - apparently this and the 30% offer stack on each other if you register for both. I did a transfer and got a nice 80% bonus.

dl73 said:   HumDoHamaraDo said:   I signed up for the 30% promo and won't let me use the 50% promo. oh well.

Actually it does appear possible to register for both - in fact the web page that comes up after you successfully register for the 50% promo invites you to sign up for the 30% promo as well (and provides a link). I successfully signed up for both this way (not that I'll use the 30% promo).

In your case HumDoHamaraDo, I thought perhaps due to some glitch the order in which you sign up for the offers somehow matters, so I experimented on 2 other skymiles accounts in the sign-up order you did - 30% bonus first, and then the 50% bonus. One worked, and the other didn't. The difference in the one that didn't is I had done the prior 50% promotion on it back in December, so perhaps that is the reason it wouldn't allow a sign-up for this 50% promotion. Hope that info helps.

Yes, I was rejected for the 50% bonus, probably because I also did it back in December, and the current promotion page indicates that it's only good for first-time transfers. I was able to register for the 30% promotion, though. Both promotions used the same SkyMiles account number.

Floydian said:   In case you're looking for 50,000 MR points, there is still the AMEX Platinum with $450 annual fee bonus deal here (I think there's a thread somewhere on FWF):
http://www201.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/Platinu...
(copy paste in an incognito window)

50,000 MR points after $1000 in spending, and of course the $450 annual fee. But you do get all the AMEX Platinum benefits (lounge access etc...).

I just applied for this one and got instant approval. Hope I can get 90k Delta miles after signing up for both
50% and 30% promotions. Worth $450 fee (will redeem 88k miles for $800 to pay for this fee)
Thanks!

there's no limit right on the 50% and 30% bonus transfer right? so if i transfer 100k AMEX mr points to skymiles, i should get 180k miles?

i had to open another Delta skymiles accounts that i'll later merge together

There are reports coming in on Flyertalk that DL is on to it and the bonuses don't stack anymore.

TravelerMSY said:   There are reports coming in on Flyertalk that DL is on to it and the bonuses don't stack anymore.
Please provide a link. Thanks!

glxpass said:   TravelerMSY said:   There are reports coming in on Flyertalk that DL is on to it and the bonuses don't stack anymore.
Please provide a link. Thanks!

Link to FT discussion.

johnf585 said:   glxpass said:   TravelerMSY said:   There are reports coming in on Flyertalk that DL is on to it and the bonuses don't stack anymore.
Please provide a link. Thanks!

Link to FT discussion.

Thanks for the link. I've read the discussion and the consensus seems to be that the 30% bonus might take longer to hit than the 50% bonus. If you were able to register for both the 50% and the 30%, you should be able to get both bonuses. The prudent thing to do is to have some documentation (such as screenshots) that you've registered for both bonuses. I wouldn't advise calling the Delta SkyMiles department and asking them whether both bonuses will stack.

glxpass said:   johnf585 said:   glxpass said:   TravelerMSY said:   There are reports coming in on Flyertalk that DL is on to it and the bonuses don't stack anymore.
Please provide a link. Thanks!

Link to FT discussion.

Thanks for the link. I've read the discussion and the consensus seems to be that the 30% bonus might take longer to hit than the 50% bonus. If you were able to register for both the 50% and the 30%, you should be able to get both bonuses. The prudent thing to do is to have some documentation (such as screenshots) that you've registered for both bonuses. I wouldn't advise calling the Delta SkyMiles department and asking them whether both bonuses will stack.


Not worth it. Try trying to book a flight on Delta!

I'm a "Million Miler" with "forever" Silver Medallion at NW and now Delta. Took me 20 years to hit the million mile mark. It was easy to book flight in NW not to mention NO fees but seats are hard to come by for 25k or 35k miles to Hawaii and must pay ridiculous fees if booked within a month.

BPH789 said:   glxpass said:   johnf585 said:   glxpass said:   TravelerMSY said:   There are reports coming in on Flyertalk that DL is on to it and the bonuses don't stack anymore.
Please provide a link. Thanks!

Link to FT discussion.

Thanks for the link. I've read the discussion and the consensus seems to be that the 30% bonus might take longer to hit than the 50% bonus. If you were able to register for both the 50% and the 30%, you should be able to get both bonuses. The prudent thing to do is to have some documentation (such as screenshots) that you've registered for both bonuses. I wouldn't advise calling the Delta SkyMiles department and asking them whether both bonuses will stack.


Not worth it. Try trying to book a flight on Delta!

I'm a "Million Miler" with "forever" Silver Medallion at NW and now Delta. Took me 20 years to hit the million mile mark. It was easy to book flight in NW not to mention NO fees but seats are hard to come by for 25k or 35k miles to Hawaii and must pay ridiculous fees if booked within a month.

I don't doubt what you're saying in general, although the R/T SkyMiles to Hawaii for coach are 40K, 65K, and 90K for low, medium, and high respectively. See the SkyMiles Award Mileage Chart.

I was able to book a 40K R/T flight to Kona last April for a June flight, but my travel dates were flexible. I've already a number of SkyMiles, so the 50% (and now possible 30% stacking) seemed too good of a deal to pass up.

ldthinh said:   
I just applied for this one and got instant approval. Hope I can get 90k Delta miles after signing up for both
50% and 30% promotions. Worth $450 fee (will redeem 88k miles for $800 to pay for this fee)
Thanks!

Well I missed the $20 CB from FW. Stupid me

I see no downside to this deal.

For $450 you can double your money if you value Delta miles @ 1cent each. Or you can redeem for cash equivalent AMEX GCs (11000 pts = $100 gc, so 2k left over after $800 in cards). Partner GCs don't look as hot to me, most can be had for 90% or lower face value already.

PLUS $200 refund of various airline charges, Medallion Status, Lounge Access and various other perks.

Signing up, thanks for bringing this to FW.

Don't shoot the messenger..
Jigsaw1975's post is locked now so i am using this thread to respond to the stackable offers. The post below is from MyMoneyBlog (link)
DL Says:
February 1st, 2011 at 4:51 pm
Note it has been reported that Delta has fixed it now so these 2 offers won’t stack. And I know this from personal experience But you still get the 50% bonus and 75k miles is still a good deal for this card.

could I get a 2nd skymiles # to take advantage of this offer...then down the line merge the accounts?

There's a 40% bonus to BA if anyone's interested. Beware high fuel surcharges on awards though.

We should keep in mind here that the real power of AMEX Membership Miles (And Diners, SPG) is that you can keep your points in a pool that's not airline specific until you really need them for a flight. For the most part, they transfer instantly, so you can just hold them until you have an award in mind, then do the transfer then. I wouldn't get too excited about MM transfer bonuses of any sort unless you have a use for the miles. The bonuses come up pretty often each year.

BTW, I see a redemption rate of 13,500 points for a $100 AMEX gift card as a Silver Medallion ($0.075). I think the 11k rate may for Gold or higher. I happened to have some DL orphan miles (ex-Northwest), so I'll be able to cash out 6 of them if I need to. But I may push for the next 12,000 miles I need and try to redeem for a shoulder-season business class ticket on the nonstop Chicago-Amsterdam on KLM, which have reasonable availability if you don't mind traveling Tuesday-Tuesday or something like that.

clemente21 said:   BTW, I see a redemption rate of 13,500 points for a $100 AMEX gift card as a Silver Medallion ($0.075). I think the 11k rate may for Gold or higher. I happened to have some DL orphan miles (ex-Northwest), so I'll be able to cash out 6 of them if I need to. But I may push for the next 12,000 miles I need and try to redeem for a shoulder-season business class ticket on the nonstop Chicago-Amsterdam on KLM, which have reasonable availability if you don't mind traveling Tuesday-Tuesday or something like that.

The 11k is for having a linked Delta AMEX card (I have no medallion status, a linked Delta AMEX, and the 11k redemption)

Bump for this great deal. I was able to combine this with the recent Delta AM3X Gold 50K miles offer. Combing the two, along with the 50% bonus offer, can net you 125K miles. You can turn that around to $1,100 in giftcards.

If you really need miles for a Delta flight and you have SPG, you can also transfer SPG points to Skymiles at a ration of 1:1, plus get 5k bonus for every 20k points transferred.

does the PFCU AMEX card qualify for this promotion or is it just credit cards offered by AMEX and Delta?

Guess I'm late to the party on this one...the 30% bonus expired yesterday.

BrianGa said:   Guess I'm late to the party on this one...the 30% bonus expired yesterday.

read the posts above yours. Delta has fixed the promo so that 50% and 30% don't stack. I personally only got the 50% bonus and never got the extra 30%

I can not see any options to redeem for credit cards in skymiles marketplace

signed up two months ago, earned points and transferred it over.
i just checked my account and i'm at 106,000 miles.

thanks for the tip!

so the 200$ incidentals thing is over?

mrkk said:   so the 200$ incidentals thing is over?

definitely not

Skipping 4 Messages...
amitgu said:   I also cannot see the gift card option. Can someone confirm if it still exists?

kjgco said:   bnoble09 said:   sausuma said:   I can not see any options to redeem for credit cards in skymiles marketplace

I can't see them either. Anyone else having this problem?
I assume you mean gift cards, not credit cards. Once you log in, there is link to Gift Cards in bold print on the left side of the page midway down.


EDIT - Just realized how old this thread is, my bad. Ignore this.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014