• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/southwest/productbox

Here is a new chase cc sign up for 2 free flights after first purshace

Pretty good deal in my opinion. I took advantage of the other offer with up to $500 in gift cards but I like this one with just one transaction on the card 2 flights..

Member Summary

first year free + free flight + $500 deal offer
Thanks martin628
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I'm learning that the hard way.. want to go to Vegas - yeah you can go.. but you get in at 11:45pm and you have a 2 hr ... (more)

CPAESQ (May. 20, 2011 @ 2:53p) |

Those were the days, my friend
I thought they'd never end . . .

peteypablo (May. 20, 2011 @ 5:54p) |

whats the min purchase?

sydneysandiego (Jul. 14, 2011 @ 7:59p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

with $500 offer you get free flight after first purchase AND $500 after $5k spend

Motsuka,

That's the one I signed up for but I figured some people might not want to mess with the 5k in purshaces

I tried finding out the 500$ back after 5K Spend.
Will I get that option after I submit the application?
I dn't want to apply without knowing/looking at the other offer.

pietromoon said:   Be aware SW rewards paradigm changes soon
http://www.southwest.com/html/travel-extras/promotions/rapid-rew...

How does this affect those who apply today? I'm assuming we'll get 2 free flight or 32 credit. Those 32 credits should convert to enough points for 2 R/T flights. It only affects those who don't have enough credits for a free flight. In that case, it may cost more, i.e. more flights, to convert 1200 points to 1 credit if you only fly with cheap fares.

motsuka said:   with $500 offer you get free flight after first purchase AND $500 after $5k spend

where to find this offer?! please let me know

thanks

Thanks OP, timing on this one is perfect.

What is the usual turnaround time for the free flight vouchers associated with new cards? I'd like to apply and use the credit toward a couple flights in mid-March, but might be cutting it close.

The annual fee of $59 is NOT waived. It is waived for the free flight + $500 deal.

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/6000054/Default.aspx

I hope this link works...according to this the annual fee is waived for the first year.

When you receive the card you can verify on the paperwork that the annual fee is waived for the first year on the $500 offer

I think the two nights in a hyatt is a better deal, this seems to come around every so often.

tante said:   I think the two nights in a hyatt is a better deal, this seems to come around every so often.

Two free nights in paris @$1600, i like it better too...

The $500 is a "southwestgiftcard"

Does that mean it is only usable on Southwest, or is it a plain gift card for anywhere?

GreyRabbit said:   The $500 is a "southwestgiftcard"

Does that mean it is only usable on Southwest, or is it a plain gift card for anywhere?

ONLY usable for southwest.

Plastic Jungle will buy them for about 80% of the value if you want to sell for cash

teachin98 said:   Plastic Jungle will buy them for about 80% of the value if you want to sell for cash

Some people report problems with Plastic Jungle. Checks bouncing or GCs having $0 balance because seller reported them stolen after they've been malied.

Have you used them?

Plastic Jungle on FB: http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=122487317763807&...

This is better than I thought....I was expecting 2 flights (which in Southwest terminology means each way).

This is 2 free round trip flights. That's pretty hot.

I have not used them before. I fly alot so I'm keeping the southwest gift cards. Plastic Junkie came highly rated in another thread

2 free flights + free 2 hyatt nights + cheap costco car rental = happy me + happy wife

nthony said:   2 free flights + free 2 hyatt nights + cheap costco car rental = happy me + happy wife

Hi Nthony,

So you applied for two different offers in order to get the 2 free flights and 2 free hyatt nights, correct? I may jump on the 2 free nights, although with annual fees, but just wanted to make sure the nights and flights that you mentioned were from two different offers...

Thanks!

I'm a bit confused on this. This is on front page and has been all day and only a handful of posts?? What gives? Is there a catch? Just pay $59 for a year and get 2 round trip tix?
Looking to go skiing out west in April and would love to get free tix. Why isn't everyone jumping on this?
TIA.

NJDevilsfan said:   I'm a bit confused on this. This is on front page and has been all day and only a handful of posts?? What gives? Is there a catch? Just pay $59 for a year and get 2 round trip tix?
Looking to go skiing out west in April and would love to get free tix. Why isn't everyone jumping on this?
TIA.
No catch, but the reward vouchers aren't the easiest to use. The amount of free seats they allow per flight is limited. Good luck using them on a weekend. I highly suggest logging into your SWA account and checking to ensure the trip you want to book is available. If you're real flexible, you probably won't have issues. Don't go in like you're going to pay, see available flights, and think you're all good. There is a separate place to check whether you can use your rewards voucher for specific flights. I had a hell of a time trying to get from STL to Florida for Spring Training, and checked availability at 4 different airports in FL to make a free roundtrip for two occur.

Thanks OP!

Always have been able to use the free flights we've earned - sometimes it just takes more work than others.

This deal looks better to me than the Hyatt offer - that offer has 1 year expiration, and Hyatt has hotels in a limited number of cities...

Unless you're at one of the locations where hotels are extremely expensive, AND set on staying in a high quality hotel, the Hyatt deal is not so good. Yes, you could stay at a $450 a night Hyatt hotel in NYC, or more expensive in Paris or where ever, but would you normally pay that much for the hotel? If you typically spend $100-$150 per night, your real savings aren't that much. Also, having your own hotel, tends to either eliminate or reduce the savings you can find from a trip bundle.

Would apply if the card was not administered by Chase... Chase hates me. They will decline.

Is there anyway to fix being "blacklisted" at Chase? I have a satisfactory relationship with Chase banking as far as checking accounts... Its the CCs which are an issue.

Internguy said:   The annual fee of $59 is NOT waived. It is waived for the free flight + $500 deal.

(free flight + $500 deal +no annual fee) is a better deal than the (2 free flights with an annual fee of $59).

mnsweeps said:   Internguy said:   The annual fee of $59 is NOT waived. It is waived for the free flight + $500 deal.

(free flight + $500 deal +no annual fee) is a better deal than the (2 free flights with an annual fee of $59).

It depends because you have to charge $5,000 in three months, that's a lots of money to charge for some people.

$5K spend would require many people doing a balance transfer and that costs $150 for $5K.

I wouldn't put a lot of coins on Chase- they get very mad at that. They've canceled and blacklisted a couple people who did too many coins. They've also blacklisted a couple people who did too many mileage promos and canceled cards. Chase is very nice but tread carefully with them.

Some coast-to-coast flights do cost over $559. OTOH SWA awards are getting harder to book, so the GC would be easier.

I'm waiting a couple days for clarification on the new "2 RT's" before I try either but I'll probably do the 16/500's for personal and biz and pay $150 each for balance transfers.

With the changes Southwest made to Rapid Rewards in the past few weeks, these will probably be the only free tickets you get with this card, unless you're a really big spender or a very frequent flyer. I dumped my SW Visa back in '09 after the first round of changes. The most recent retooling of the program has affirmed that I made the right decision.

Looks like I've got tickets to the trade show I have to go to in March!

Thanks OP

I got in on this last time and they instantly approved me for $20K. Now I am afraid that canceling it will effect my credit. Does anyone know if it would?

mnsweeps said:   Internguy said:   The annual fee of $59 is NOT waived. It is waived for the free flight + $500 deal.

How do you figure?

One flight and $500 Southwest gift cards after purchase vs. 2 flights?

GreyRabbit said:   Is there anyway to fix being "blacklisted" at Chase? I have a satisfactory relationship with Chase banking as far as checking accounts... Its the CCs which are an issue.

Passage of time, perhaps. And a squeaky clean report. Chase closed all my accounts in 2008 when I had $95K of a $300K AOR with them. I applied again over a year later and got a $6.7K line which they cut to $1.8K before I could use it. Then, when I ramped up about about $90K of BTs with other lenders, they closed me down. I have not tried since.

Based on what I see with family members, it is not so much that they hold a grudge, but that they are paranoid now about everyone. It's like old FirstUSA and old Chase (after their merger) had a battle over how to handle credit cards and FirstUSA initially won. Then, when the credit bubble burst, old Chase made a comeback and they now reign supreme.

teachin98 said:   http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/southwest/productbox

Pretty good deal in my opinion. I took advantage of the other offer with up to $500 in gift cards but I like this one with just one transaction on the card 2 flights..

Just got my card in the mail. I applied when this was posted, so took about 1 1/2 weeks. Was automatically linked in my Chase account after activation. The $59 annual fee was already showing on the balance.

I also took advantage of the previous $500 gift card SWA deal last year. I wonder if this prevents us from receiving the promotion credits, or is it if we are approved then we are good to go?

DisciplineHedge said:   teachin98 said:   http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/southwest/productbox

Just got my card in the mail. I applied when this was posted, so took about 1 1/2 weeks. Was automatically linked in my Chase account after activation. The $59 annual fee was already showing on the balance.

I also took advantage of the previous $500 gift card SWA deal last year. I wonder if this prevents us from receiving the promotion credits, or is it if we are approved then we are good to go?
Hmm, interesting, may I ask when you cancelled the first Chase SWA card? I was in the airport the other day and asked about signing up for new accounts/cards to partake in the promotion after previously closing accounts and was told the signup promotion are once-only (per lifetime?)

monto888 said:   DisciplineHedge said:   teachin98 said:   http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/southwest/productbox

Hmm, interesting, may I ask when you cancelled the first Chase SWA card? I was in the airport the other day and asked about signing up for new accounts/cards to partake in the promotion after previously closing accounts and was told the signup promotion are once-only (per lifetime?)

I cancelled the previous SWA card a few months ago. The SWA promotion currently states "This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards personal Cardmembers. Previous and existing Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards personal Cardmembers are not eligible for this bonus offer."

We will find out in time, but it would be useful to hear if there have been people who have received multiple promotions from SWA cards.

Skipping 9 Messages...
whats the min purchase?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.