• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
I went from 2,200 -> 6,000. 740ish fico scores.

I got greedy and tried to do it again and got an inquiry on my credit report as well as a rejection letter mailed to me. I'm not sure why I bother since I do business with AMEX unless it's for car rental coverage or dispute protection.

Anyone tried the magic button with a business card? We have an AMEX Simply Cash with CLI of $6500 which we pay off every month. Tempted to ask for $10K but concerned that they'll want to do an FR since it is a biz not personal card....

I was about to try it out but as I have almost $45k CL on an AMEX Blue I decided it wasn't worth risking it -- never did a financial review either. But looking thru this thread it appears that I'm like the only one with an AMEX card with this high a limit??

edit: Am I safe to try it as I'm already over $25k? Or probly just poking the bear as I never did the financial review??

Just out of curiosity is there a reason why any of you guys require such a drastic credit increase? Is this credit you plan on actually using?

L

Has anyone managed to increase more than one card? Or one card more than once?

I have two personal cards where the CL's got whacked in an AA from my AOR in 2008. Just now I requested a line of $20k on a card that was at $700 and got instant approval for $2100 (triple the old line). I tried the same on a card with a $500 line and got the 7-10 day letter message.

I'm wondering how long to wait before trying again, or trying for my biz card, which also got crushed in the AA.

romnet said:   Just out of curiosity is there a reason why any of you guys require such a drastic credit increase? Is this credit you plan on actually using?

Me too, I don't understand why some people wanted to bump up as much credit limit as possible, even when they don't even need an increase. I actually like to stay low, so whenever there's a promotion come along, I could apply for the bonus.

If you have too much credits vs your income, don't they just deny you for new credit card?

I have an 18k limit at the moment, is there even any benefit to request an increase? I put about 800-1k a month on this card that i pay off in full.

cityjanefm said:   Anyone tried the magic button with a business card? We have an AMEX Simply Cash with CLI of $6500 which we pay off every month. Tempted to ask for $10K but concerned that they'll want to do an FR since it is a biz not personal card....

Might as well ask for $9500.

$10k might be a magic number. Unless you're trying to cross that threshold to induce other issuers to do so as well, then it is probably wise to stay below it.

Blue Cash 13K -> 15K approved 1/28/2011

Tried again today 15K -> 20K and I got the "You will receive a response in 7 business days" message.

Should I be worried?

Costco 11K -> 19K instantly (that's what I asked for)

Kind of want to push the button again for 24, but I will wait.

You will only get a CLI for one card. If you try on a second card you will get a letter saying their policy is you have to wait 6 months for a CLI on a card if you have had a CLI granted on a card within the last 6 months.

Well the option finally appeared on my account after not being there when other people were reporting it... no go for an auto CLI. They'll get back to me...oh well.

I would just try for the highest you want and they will tell you what they are offering.
Mine was $7000 and I asked for $15000. I put in $50K as yearly income.
My credit score range from 784-791.
I was automatically offered $13,300.
I accepted.

Bump with an update:

The option to reallocate among 2 cards is now there too; it's just kind of buried. After logging in to your Summary of Accounts, click on "Recent Activity" for any card. At the bottom, there is an option for "Transfer Available Credit to Another Card".

Declined! Kinda expected that with my current score

Current fico: 698

Recently made a major purchase this month with a new loan. Thus 19 points drop.

My current CLI is 11,000 and asked for 18K.

10K ---> 15K on my Costco True Earnings, thanks OP!

Good thread, bump!

No CLI for me, but was able to transfer 10K from *wood into my brand new Blue, real-time too.

More 6% CashBack with 0% APR for 12 month - times are good!
Pity I don't dare to get above 25K CL for the Blue...

Just went through a Financial Review thanks to the damn gold card. Definitely recommend avoiding it. CL was cut from 33k on blue cash, starwood and Delta to 3k total among all 3. Never missed a payment and spent roughly 250-300k a year on the 3 combined. So for all the people that got slapped in the past, whats the time frame for getting credit lines bumped back to normal? Do the financial review "experts" ever give in to sweet talk?

What caused your Financial Review ICMATUKASPR?

Probably to much activity on it in a short span after getting it

did any one try reallocating the CL from SPG to other accounts? just wanted to avoid annual fee 65$ on SPG, so planning to reallocate and then close the SPG?

any inputs are appreciated.

I do not see that option on my Blue card not my wife's card.

cyno said:   did any one try reallocating the CL from SPG to other accounts? just wanted to avoid annual fee 65$ on SPG, so planning to reallocate and then close the SPG?

any inputs are appreciated.
Yes, I did exactly what you asked: reallocated 10K of CL from SPG into Blue

Opened a costco card couple years ago for use at costco, came with a low 2k limit.
Requested it increased to 10k. After submitting the form, it said they could only increase it to 6k instantly.
But a 3x limit increase that was instant is pretty nice..

neophyte said:   Yes, I did exactly what you asked: reallocated 10K of CL from SPG into Blue

thanks, i will give a try. My SPG CL is 9300. Would i be able to reallocate around 9k to my other card?

Used to have $2000 blue and $10k biz -- they cut it to $500 blue and $3200 biz during the credit crunch

Just requested a CLI on the blue $500 -> $5000, the system came back at $1500 so I took it

Sent them a message to convert my blue cash to the blue cash everyday card so that I can start using it for the 3% back on groceries

bummer, tried reallocating from my SPG AMEX to Delta AMEX, received the dreaded message "We will get back to you in 7-10 days"
got the mail yesterday that says my SPG account is relatively new one and they cannot transfer the credit

Not seeing this at all

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014