• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Spend $1000 in 3 months and get 50,000 Delta miles.

No Annual Fee 1st year.

Better than the other Delta deals I have found

Edit: Looks like a YMMV, but I was able to get 50K for myself and 50K for my wife.

Edit2: Spin the reward wheel and see what you get!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Has Delta discontinued GCs in the marketplace? I could not find any.

americano (May. 08, 2011 @ 8:49p) |

still there, make sure you have an AMEX card attached to it.

07pilot4me (May. 08, 2011 @ 8:58p) |

Just received my last 25k mile credit to my Sky Miles account. Thanks Op!

Now time to cancel the card.

hoosierary1 (May. 09, 2011 @ 8:40p) |

Credit goes to tzeric over at the other greasy deals site and verified by me:
  1. Open up a browser that supports incognito or private browsing.
  2. Copy and paste the url into a browser: https://www.deltaamexcard.com/offer/6KTM65B3.aspx
  3. Click Not a Member
  4. Click on the Personal Card 'Apply Now' EVEN THOUGH YOU SEE THE 30K MILE TEXT UP TOP IF YOU GET A SIGN IN ERROR/SESSION EXPIRED ERROR GO BACK TO STEP 1
  5. Notice the next page will have (note there is a 50k mile offer with and without skypasses, you can try for the skypass if you want)

Delta said: Earn up to 50,000 bonus miles1 2 and 2 free Delta Sky ClubTM day passes3
    25,000 bonus miles after your first purchase1

25,000 additional bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months of becoming a Cardmember.2

Receive 2 free day passes: to the Delta Sky ClubTM.3
    First Bag Free: Get a free checked bag for up to nine people in your reservation - a roundtrip savings of up to $50 per person.4
    No Annual Fee for the first year: A savings of $95.5
    Earn Miles: Receive double miles on Delta purchases6 and 1 mile for all other eligible dollars spent.7
    Pay with Miles: Start redeeming with as few as 10,000 miles for $100 off a Delta ticket, with no blackout dates or seat restrictions.8

6. IF YOU GET THE 30K MILE OFFER, CLOSE SAID BROWSER AND GO BACK TO STEP 1. I HAD TO DO THIS 3 TIMES AND 10 TIMES and was able to reproduce.

IF YOU GET THE 50K MILE OFFER MAKE SURE YOU ANSWER YES to "Are you enrolled in the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles® Program ? Yes No"

<mojoshtudd> UPDATED Feb 13
There is a way to get this on phone. Thanks to Internguy. Do the following:

Phone: 1-800-223-2670
Offer code: F8370001
This is for 25k 25k after $1000 spent in 3 months 2 skyclub passes.
This is the correct offer code, applied over the phone and got deferred.

General note: don't give up if the CSR tells you this code is not valid. I had to call back twice to get the CSR to confirm the offer is valid.

You can check the status of the application at www.americanexpress.com/applicationstatus
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Holy, hot! Especially since Delta AMEX usually isn't this generous. I think the December offer was for 45k miles for spending 3k in 3 months. It looks like you have to log in to see the offer - not sure if others are getting the same offer? I already have one, sadly.

If you have too many Delta Skypesos, you can cash out by redeeming for gift cards. With a Skymiles AMEX Gold, a $100 AMEX GC costs 11,000 miles, which is a 91% cash-out rate. $100 Merchant gift cards are 10,500 miles. Not too shabby.

I typed in my info, and was offered 30K. What is the offer code you have? https//deltaamexcard.com/Offer/NS6.aspx where NS6 was the code i received

I got the 30,000 after spending $500. Not sure if a luck of the draw or something else.

The link I posted was a direct link from an email from Delta

looks like the promo id is the before aspx url

I just signed up and instantly approved with the 50K and my FF number (no login) Maybe it is crossed referenced with the FF number

I somehow got the 50k application screen (actually it was 25k with first purchase, 25k with spending $1000) but didn't put in a FF number - in fact I'm not even sure how I got to that screen, trying to reproduce it. Thanks though OP (was instantly approved)!

Edit - If I just go to https://www.deltaamexcard.com/, click 'not a member', get the 30k invitation screen, click apply, and the 50k application comes up (either business or personal).

Looks like it was targeted, I edited the link now that I have signed up and it states expired. I just checked for my wifes ff number and name and it is also 50K. Good times!

30K for me using the above, not 50K

analyst1 said:   I got the 30,000 after spending $500. Not sure if a luck of the draw or something else.

This is what I'm getting as well. A lot less enticing.

thanks OP. 50K points are if you sign in with Delta FF #. No instant decision for me, but hopefully, it'll get approved.

I wonder if it only displays 50K if you haven't had a Delta card before? My wife and I haven't so maybe that is the difference between 30 and 50K

I've never had a card and also was offered the 30k.

Dynastar454 said:   I've never had a card and also was offered the 30k.

The same. I've never had a Delta card OR an AMEX, and I signed in using a long-time Skymiles number.

can we apply to both the personal and business and get 100K miles?

I'm getting 30,000 too.

Got $50k, had to call to verify address, and was approved instantly for 10.5k CL. Nice. Just in time for an upcoming Delta trip (for an additional $86-100 bag fee rt savings.

I have a Delta AMEX from a promo about 18 months ago, opinions please as to whether I'll get add'l miles with this if approved, thanks

Thisiswhaticanafford said:   I have a Delta AMEX from a promo about 18 months ago, opinions please as to whether I'll get add'l miles with this if approved, thanks

Try a business account.

30K too. Fak

centrifuge41 said:   Holy, hot! Especially since Delta AMEX usually isn't this generous. I think the December offer was for 45k miles for spending 3k in 3 months. It looks like you have to log in to see the offer - not sure if others are getting the same offer? I already have one, sadly.

If you have too many Delta Skypesos, you can cash out by redeeming for gift cards. With a Skymiles AMEX Gold, a $100 AMEX GC costs 11,000 miles, which is a 91% cash-out rate. $100 Merchant gift cards are 10,500 miles. Not too shabby.

Are you sure about this? When I logged on to my Delta Account, the Marketplace gift cards are 34,500 miles for $100 gift cards. Am I looking at the right place? Do you have to have the card before they become 10,500 miles/$100 gift card? Can someone confirm the above?

Thanks OP. Got the 25K with 1st purchase + 25K for $1,000 in spend offer. I did use my Skymiles number and haven't had a Delta Skymiles AMEX before.

jqsmooth said:   Are you sure about this? When I logged on to my Delta Account, the Marketplace gift cards are 34,500 miles for $100 gift cards. Am I looking at the right place? Do you have to have the card before they become 10,500 miles/$100 gift card? Can someone confirm the above?Yes, once you have a Gold Delta AMEX, then you get the lower 10,500/11,000 rate for gift cards. Of course, the rate is subject to change - by the time you get your AMEX, they may cost more than this.

Last month, merchant gift cards / AMEX gift card were 10,000 and 10,500 miles respectively if you had a Gold Delta AMEX card.

centrifuge41 said:   jqsmooth said:   Are you sure about this? When I logged on to my Delta Account, the Marketplace gift cards are 34,500 miles for $100 gift cards. Am I looking at the right place? Do you have to have the card before they become 10,500 miles/$100 gift card? Can someone confirm the above?Yes, once you have a Gold Delta AMEX, then you get the lower 10,500/11,000 rate for gift cards. Of course, the rate is subject to change - by the time you get your AMEX, they may cost more than this.

Last month, merchant gift cards / AMEX gift card were 10,000 and 10,500 miles respectively if you had a Gold Delta AMEX card.

thanks a bunch!!! if i get approved, it'll be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Thanks for all tips

Only 30,000 points offer for me and my wife. Better luck next time. 50,000 would have been really nice.

same here got 30k for both me and my wife.

what's the difference in the folks getting 30K to 50K ?

I, unfortunately, am also being offered 30k miles. Still a good deal, but going to wait a bit to see if there's a secret someone can share to get the 50k offer.

myakoob said:   same here got 30k for both me and my wife.

what's the difference in the folks getting 30K to 50K ?

Basically, 30K miles = $300 off fair; 50K = $500 off fair.

From Delta Skymiles website:

How does Pay with Miles work?
There is no fee for using your Pay with Miles benefit. Pay with Miles redemptions are flexible based on the price of the ticket.

For base fares less than $100:
Redeem 25,000 miles to cover the total fare.
For base fares equal to or greater than $100 and less than $250:
Redeem 10,000 miles for $100 off the total fare or
Increase the redemption to 25,000 miles and increase from that point in increments of 5,000 miles ($50 off) to cover the total fare.
For base fares equal to or greater than $250 and total fares less than $1,000:
Increase the redemption in increments of 5,000 miles ($50 off) to cover all or part of the total fare (15,000 miles for $150 off, 20,000 miles for $200 off, etc.).
For total fares equal to or greater than $1,000:
Increase the redemption in increments of 10,000 miles ($100 off) to cover all or part of the total fare (20,000 miles for $200 off, 30,000 miles for $300 off, etc.).

livininsandiego said:   I, unfortunately, am also being offered 30k miles. Still a good deal, but going to wait a bit to see if there's a secret someone can share to get the 50k offer.
Okay here is my little contribution:
You use the following link instead of the link in OP
https://www.deltaamexcard.com/offer/6KTM65B3.aspx (this link is from FT)
Then click on "Not a Member". Of course you will only see the 30k offer. BUT if you click the "Apply" link, you will get the 50k offer.
I already applied, called to get approved and the Rep confirmed the 50k bonus.
I just checked and it still works
Edit: somehow you need to C&P the link. I clicked through FW and it did not work

ldthinh said:   livininsandiego said:   I, unfortunately, am also being offered 30k miles. Still a good deal, but going to wait a bit to see if there's a secret someone can share to get the 50k offer.
Then click on "Not a Member". Of course you will only see the 30k offer. BUT if you click the "Apply"
link, you will get the 50k offer.
Edit: somehow you need to C&P the link. I clicked through FW and it did not work

I was getting the 30K offer, did this trick and got 50k, instant approval - will be cashing in with my existing points for $700, awesome!

ldthinh said:   Okay here is my little contribution:
Then click on "Not a Member". Of course you will only see the 30k offer. BUT if you click the "Apply"
link, you will get the 50k offer.

Great contribution thanks so much!
This got me a 30k offer once, and got me a 50k offer another time. I had to clear cookies and retry, but thankfully it did work without having to retry too much!

Is there anything worthwhile you can get with these points if you aren't going to fly with Delta? I took a look at the GC redemption options and the ratios look horrible (34.5k for a $100 Macy's GC?).

Edit: never mind, read the clarification above. Thanks OP and ldthinh for the link.

Excellent! Instant approval. I was a little worried because in the last month I've done the Continental and Southwest deals as well. Thanks a bunch OP.

ldthinh said:   livininsandiego said:   I, unfortunately, am also being offered 30k miles. Still a good deal, but going to wait a bit to see if there's a secret someone can share to get the 50k offer.
Then click on "Not a Member". Of course you will only see the 30k offer. BUT if you click the "Apply" link, you will get the 50k offer.

THANKS!!! Got the 50,000 for both of us - instant approval!

Your credit line is $"+apploc+" .. whatever that means
Also, are we doing personal AND business? (those who have a business, that is)

I think this one probably better "Earn up to 50,000 bonus miles and get two
Delta Sky Club passes" https://www.deltaamexcard.com/offer/NZ7MJ7Z7.aspx

CheaperDuper said:   I think this one probably better "Earn up to 50,000 bonus miles and get two
Delta Sky Club passes" https://www.deltaamexcard.com/offer/NZ7MJ7Z7.aspx

Same thing but it is roulette rewards!

Skipping 226 Messages...
Just received my last 25k mile credit to my Sky Miles account. Thanks Op!

Now time to cancel the card.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014