• 12 3 45104
  • Page
  • Text Only
sfvera said:   Has anyone tried asking Chase to simply replace one of the existing cards with this one if you already have enough Chase CC's?Chase will give you a $.99 small balance credit every month on every account - thus there's no such thing as having "enough" Chase cards...

DreamR2I said:   I am getting the same error, not selecting send me bill later option.

How did you get yours fixed?

TIA


Nothing specific, I'm afraid I just got up this morning and tried again, and it worked.

What happens if you apply for the AARP membership and end up being declined for the credit card offer? I'm afraid to sign up for another chase card as I already have 3 of them already.

Disregard, I just noticiced you can select the option for them to send you a bill and pay with AARP visa from Chase.

Excellent. Joined, applied, and accepted. Two weeks until the fun begins.

edit: Card came 4 days later so fun started early!

Glitch99 said:   clearanceman said:   ScrawneyWallet said:   Paypal Sucks. I feel it's important to mention that fact every time the accursed word surfaces.

Well yes, because the idiots get paid their 3% in this plan. Fools. Why would Paypal even care?
Because facilitating quasi-cash advances will cause them to loose their ability to process credit card charges; paypal cares because Visa/Mastercard cares. Not to mention your ability to withdraw the money, then dispute the charges with your credit card and stick paypal with the bill.


Thanks!

Ilovesquash said:   clearanceman said:   I tried to sign my mom up but it wouldn't take my CC and her address. So I put bill me later but then I'd have to wait. So I went around again and used my actual birthdate and it went right through. Signed up for the card and was approved. If this new card doesn't have a good credit limit, I'll transfer the CL from one of my other Chase cards. Thanks OP!

Do any of your existing Chase cards have rewards associated with them? (ultimate rewards, freedom rewards, Cash Back)?


I have a Chase Freedom. However, I just got it last week, I converted an existing chase card that I wasn't using to chase Freedom. So I haven't had any rewards credited yet.

thetrump said:   Thanks OP! Instantly approved for $7K.

Did you call? My instant approval didn't mention a limit amount.

Deferred. Anyone have any luck calling?

Might be a good time to short Chase stock, FW hasn't had a 5% back on everything card in a while.

NachA said:   What happens if you apply for the AARP membership and end up being declined for the credit card offer? I'm afraid to sign up for another chase card as I already have 3 of them already.

Disregard, I just noticiced you can select the option for them to send you a bill and pay with AARP visa from Chase.


Thanks for the Q&A........read my mind!

Glitch99 said:   sfvera said:   Has anyone tried asking Chase to simply replace one of the existing cards with this one if you already have enough Chase CC's?Chase will give you a $.99 small balance credit every month on every account - thus there's no such thing as having "enough" Chase cards... Really? I'm not seeing this on any of my 3 Chase Freedom VISAs, both the 1 I use daily and the 2 I rarely use, looking at statements going back several months. Do you have to sign up for this feature or promotion?

If the chase phone number says "You will be notified in writing in 2 weeks" does that mean decline?

Crap, deferred as well.

FloorsMat said:   If the chase phone number says "You will be notified in writing in 2 weeks" does that mean decline?
No. I got that and was approved 10 days later(not by letter yet, but by phone in by me)
Note: this was on the SW Air card, but I'm confident they are the same,all Chase.

FloorsMat said:   If the chase phone number says "You will be notified in writing in 2 weeks" does that mean decline?Not necessarily. I've had instances of being approved and declined after that same telephone message.

I did not get the member number when I chose "send me a bill", so I went back and paid by credit card and got the number (curious to know if I'll get a second number which I'll have to cancel or they'll figure it out).

Anyway, approved for the card (have some gripes about the application website, but I'll leave that out), 0% interest on purchases for 12 months is a nice bonus. Not in a rush to find out my credit limit, I'll see in a couple of weeks.

I applied Saturday night and received the "normal" will let you know in 10-14 days. I realized I put my id# on the application instead of my AARP number so I called Chase (just in case they verify you are indeed an AARP member). CSR told me I was denied because I applied for the SW cc in October. (I have already reached my $5000 threshhold which got me RT airfare and $500 in gift cards !! I won't be using that card anymore anyway)She said they didn't run a credit check at that time but if I would answer a few questions i.e., income, mortgage, employer and agreed to a credit check, she would see what she could do. Came back in a few minutes and approved for $10,000 which is 1/2 of the CL for SW. This is more than enough as we pay the balance off monthly. Very pleasantCSR. On my way to earning 5% Cash Back : )

twofacelady said:   I applied Saturday night and received the "normal" will let you know in 10-14 days. I realized I put my id# on the application instead of my AARP number so I called Chase (just in case they verify you are indeed an AARP member). CSR told me I was denied because I applied for the SW cc in October. (I have already reached my $5000 threshhold which got me RT airfare and $500 in gift cards !! I won't be using that card anymore anyway)She said they didn't run a credit check at that time but if I would answer a few questions i.e., income, mortgage, employer and agreed to a credit check, she would see what she could do. Came back in a few minutes and approved for $10,000 which is 1/2 of the CL for SW. This is more than enough as we pay the balance off monthly. Very pleasantCSR. On my way to earning 5% Cash Back : )

Did you get a sense that they are checking the AARP number. I applied and left it blank as I got the error message on the AARP website. I am just wondering if I should call them to add my aarp number. I got the usual 10-14 days message when I applied

I did say to her TWICE..."I don't know how important it is to have the correct AARP number as a cross reference" but she did not say anything. We were just about ready to hang up after the other stuff above, and I said to her "Just a minute. I never gave you my correct AARP membership number". She said, "Oh, yeah and then changed it on my application to the correct number". I just didn't want to take the chance on missing out on the deal.

Where does it say that you can have op to 3 Chase Credit Cards at the same time?

NachA said:   What happens if you apply for the AARP membership and end up being declined for the credit card offer? I'm afraid to sign up for another chase card as I already have 3 of them already.

Disregard, I just noticiced you can select the option for them to send you a bill and pay with AARP visa from Chase.

Could you or someone please tell me what is SW credit card?

twofacelady said:   I applied Saturday night and received the "normal" will let you know in 10-14 days. I realized I put my id# on the application instead of my AARP number so I called Chase (just in case they verify you are indeed an AARP member). CSR told me I was denied because I applied for the SW cc in October. (I have already reached my $5000 threshhold which got me RT airfare and $500 in gift cards !! I won't be using that card anymore anyway)She said they didn't run a credit check at that time but if I would answer a few questions i.e., income, mortgage, employer and agreed to a credit check, she would see what she could do. Came back in a few minutes and approved for $10,000 which is 1/2 of the CL for SW. This is more than enough as we pay the balance off monthly. Very pleasantCSR. On my way to earning 5% Cash Back : )

fw9999 said:   Glitch99 said:   sfvera said:   Has anyone tried asking Chase to simply replace one of the existing cards with this one if you already have enough Chase CC's?Chase will give you a $.99 small balance credit every month on every account - thus there's no such thing as having "enough" Chase cards... Really? I'm not seeing this on any of my 3 Chase Freedom VISAs, both the 1 I use daily and the 2 I rarely use, looking at statements going back several months. Do you have to sign up for this feature or promotion?

What he means if that if you have a balance of $0.99 at the end of the month, they write it off and don't bill you for it. Also, Chase will convert your card from one type to another, but you won't get any account opening promos, which is essentially what this is. If you applied and were deferred, you could certainly call for a recon and offer that they close one of your other lines and approve the new one. Whether that is prudent in regards to your credit is up to you...

yamakasi said:   Could you or someone please tell me what is SW credit card?

twofacelady said:   I applied Saturday night and received the "normal" will let you know in 10-14 days. I realized I put my id# on the application instead of my AARP number so I called Chase (just in case they verify you are indeed an AARP member). CSR told me I was denied because I applied for the SW cc in October. (I have already reached my $5000 threshhold which got me RT airfare and $500 in gift cards !! I won't be using that card anymore anyway)She said they didn't run a credit check at that time but if I would answer a few questions i.e., income, mortgage, employer and agreed to a credit check, she would see what she could do. Came back in a few minutes and approved for $10,000 which is 1/2 of the CL for SW. This is more than enough as we pay the balance off monthly. Very pleasantCSR. On my way to earning 5% Cash Back : )
Southwest Airlines.

In the afternoon, AARP website was not working. But now was able to open an AARP account. My chase application got instantly approved. I spend a minimum of $2000 every month. Hoping to cash in on this offer.

twofacelady said:   I applied Saturday night and received the "normal" will let you know in 10-14 days. I realized I put my id# on the application instead of my AARP number so I called Chase (just in case they verify you are indeed an AARP member). CSR told me I was denied because I applied for the SW cc in October. (I have already reached my $5000 threshhold which got me RT airfare and $500 in gift cards !! I won't be using that card anymore anyway)She said they didn't run a credit check at that time but if I would answer a few questions i.e., income, mortgage, employer and agreed to a credit check, she would see what she could do. Came back in a few minutes and approved for $10,000 which is 1/2 of the CL for SW. This is more than enough as we pay the balance off monthly. Very pleasantCSR. On my way to earning 5% Cash Back : )

I applied Sunday evening and got the deferred message. What number did you call to talk to someone who could actually help you in this regard? I called the main customer service number and was told she didn't see my app in the system (the app status number confirms they received my app). I'd like to do something similar to what you did but can't seem to find the right person.

NachA said:   What happens if you apply for the AARP membership and end up being declined for the credit card offer? I'm afraid to sign up for another chase card as I already have 3 of them already.

Disregard, I just noticiced you can select the option for them to send you a bill and pay with AARP visa from Chase.


Have you been successful in getting the AARP Visa? I did a dummy application for AARP so I could see what you saw. It looks like paying with AARP Visa
and getting a bill are 2 separate ways of paying.......if you check pay w/ AARP Visa, it appears like they want to know the card details which I wouldn't think
you would get w/o the AARP #. If you get a statement, seems like you would have to pay even if you get denied on the AARP Visa?
If you apply for the AARP membership first, you might get denied for the AARP Visa. Are you worried about wasting $$
on the AARP membership or about some effect on your 3 existing cards?

kaneohe said:   NachA said:   
Have you been successful in getting the AARP Visa? I did a dummy application for AARP so I could see what you saw. It looks like paying with AARP Visa
and getting a bill are 2 separate ways of paying.......if you check pay w/ AARP Visa, it appears like they want to know the card details which I wouldn't think
you would get w/o the AARP #. If you get a statement, seems like you would have to pay even if you get denied on the AARP Visa?
If you apply for the AARP membership first, you might get denied for the AARP Visa. Are you worried about wasting $$
on the AARP membership or about some effect on your 3 existing cards?


You have to pay the $16 for the member number. Your return on this card is potentially much more. Make the investment.

nymgiants said:   Surprisingly approved instantly . Probably will be a low limit based on my other cards. hopefully they will let me move someof my credit line, tried to previously with from my continental to freedon, but rep said no.

under 50 aarp no problem except it would not accept exp date on credit card for 08(aug) worked fine when i simply typed an 8


found out limit was 8000. tried to move credit lines from my contintnal card or chase freedom cardbut the rep on the phone said chase dosne't offer this service. Has anyone had any luck reallocating lines, if so, how

nymgiants said:   nymgiants said:   Surprisingly approved instantly . Probably will be a low limit based on my other cards. hopefully they will let me move someof my credit line, tried to previously with from my continental to freedon, but rep said no.

under 50 aarp no problem except it would not accept exp date on credit card for 08(aug) worked fine when i simply typed an 8


found out limit was 8000. tried to move credit lines from my contintnal card or chase freedom cardbut the rep on the phone said chase dosne't offer this service. Has anyone had any luck reallocating lines, if so, how


Chase hasn't been willing to reallocate for years.
Edit: apparently there is a department that will, thanks.

Clutchcargo: I called 800-592-6475 (the number on the AARP website for Chase). Went through the prompts until I had a choice to talk to a CSR. Explained I had not been approved yet and had made a mistake on my membership number...yada, yada, yada and she took it from there. I think her name was Tanesha. Hope this helps.

twofacelady said:   Clutchcargo: I called 800-592-6475 (the number on the AARP website for Chase). Went through the prompts until I had a choice to talk to a CSR. Explained I had not been approved yet and had made a mistake on my membership number...yada, yada, yada and she took it from there. I think her name was Tanesha. Hope this helps.

Thanks TFL... I'll give it a try.

diljs said:   nymgiants said:   found out limit was 8000. tried to move credit lines from my contintnal card or chase freedom cardbut the rep on the phone said chase dosne't offer this service. Has anyone had any luck reallocating lines, if so, howChase hasn't been willing to reallocate for years.Not true.
Try calling the lending department at 888-298-5623.
I successfully reallocated from a Flexible Rewards card to a new Freedom card after answering a few questions about employment, income and existing debt.

Caveat: they may end up reducing your credit lines if they don't like your answers.

Applied by phone - 800 952 6475. Got a heavy-accent, very-hard-to-understand guy. My fault - I called after "normal working hours" - predictable.

First question I asked - "I already have 3 Chase Freedom cards - will that hurt me in the application/qualification process for this card"? He was pretty straightforward in stating that it would DEFINITILY NOT. Continued with the application, went through absolutely the longest spoken, monotone "Terms and Conditions" I've ever had to sit through, including at least 1 reference (I am absolutely certain of this) to contacting the Federal Reserve at a certain address, if I had one particular kind of question. Never heard that before in a spoken (or written, for that matter) CC Terms and Conditions.

Anyway, often I get immediately approved but this time I got deferred - I'll be contacted by mail. Wonder if my 3 other Chase cards turned out to be a liability after all....

cashmonkey said:   diljs said:   nymgiants said:   found out limit was 8000. tried to move credit lines from my contintnal card or chase freedom cardbut the rep on the phone said chase dosne't offer this service. Has anyone had any luck reallocating lines, if so, howChase hasn't been willing to reallocate for years.Not true.
Try calling the lending department at 888-298-5623.
I successfully reallocated from a Flexible Rewards card to a new Freedom card after answering a few questions about employment, income and existing debt.

Caveat: they may end up reducing your credit lines if they don't like your answers.

Great advice and I can say that it worked for me, although I first requested a CLI and was transferred to the lending department after the CLI was declined.

The background is that I applied for the AARP card by phone on Sunday and was instantly approved for a $5.5K CL. I was given different information by three different credit advisors, but the information came down to this (which I believe, based on prior experience): if you are approved for the absolute minimum $500 CL for the card, you *might* be qualified to have other Chase Credit Cards (even business cards) re-allocated or consolidated to the AARP card. The other thing I learned is that my best chance was probably to talk with "loan operations", I believe AKA "the lending department." I was told they are only available M-F.

So early this afternoon I called another personal credit advisor. At first, I was told that the AARP card wouldn't allow re-allocation or consolidation into it, period. I questioned this, she spoke with a supervisor, and the supervisor added the bit about certain people qualifying for the re-allocation and others not, based on a letter that explicitly would give you that option. In reality, I think it's approval for the minimum CL that triggers this situation -- if you've other Chase CCs. The advisor said she couldn't transfer me to a supervisor at that time.

Since I've a couple of business cards with Chase, I decided to speak with a business credit advisor and see if I'd get more flexibility with one of them, requesting re-allocation or consolidation of one of my business lines to the AARP card. Although the advisor couldn't help me, he transferred me to a business CC supervisor who did.

The supervisor said I could request a CLI and if it were denied or granted for a lower amount, I could get transferred to the lending department and discuss the situation with them. That's exactly what happened. I was denied for a CLI to $25K (and of course received a hard credit inquiry), was transferred to the lending department, and was asked for HHI, my employer's name, and length of time at my employer. I also said I really wasn't looking for additional credit with Chase, just moving some of it over to the AARP card. The lending department rep reviewed my other Chase accounts, noted that my Sony card ($25.5K CL) was inactive, and asked if I wanted to close that card and move its CL to the AARP card. I said "yes", and she said my new CL on the AARP card would be $31K.

I'm very happy with the outcome; the slight negative of the hard credit inquiry is insignificant compared with the higher CL on the AARP card.

Lessons learned:

1. Don't believe what one or even several credit advisors tell you, especially if you've read about other peoples' experiences that differ from what the advisors are stating.

2. Be persistent!

3. See 2.

Ouch, sounds painful!
I would highly recommend the direct line to the lending department, and I hope it helps someone.

When I called the number on chases website, they suggested I call 888-338-2586 to check the status of the application. When I was transfered to a CSR, they thought I was calling about my SW card. They looked up my application and claimed it was still pending and I should have an answer in 2 weeks. When I explained that I was traveling soon and asked if there was a department I could be forwarded to so that I could expidite the decision (aka transfer to lending department) they said that no such service was available. However they did explain that if I do get approved they can overnight the card to me, then they offered to put a note on my SW account so that my purchases won't be declined while I travel.

FYI, SW card is from August of last year. They claimed it was pending, not declined.

Has anyone had any luck getting a decision by calling lending services directly? They don't seem to be willing to transfer me until I get an official decline/approve.

Edit because I hit reply too soon

kaneohe said:   NachA said:   What happens if you apply for the AARP membership and end up being declined for the credit card offer? I'm afraid to sign up for another chase card as I already have 3 of them already.

Disregard, I just noticiced you can select the option for them to send you a bill and pay with AARP visa from Chase.


Have you been successful in getting the AARP Visa? I did a dummy application for AARP so I could see what you saw. It looks like paying with AARP Visa
and getting a bill are 2 separate ways of paying.......if you check pay w/ AARP Visa, it appears like they want to know the card details which I wouldn't think
you would get w/o the AARP #. If you get a statement, seems like you would have to pay even if you get denied on the AARP Visa?
If you apply for the AARP membership first, you might get denied for the AARP Visa. Are you worried about wasting $$
on the AARP membership or about some effect on your 3 existing cards?


Just worried about wasting the $16 on the AARP application but it's a good investment. if all else fails, I'll just sign up for my parents using my aarp id.

Applied and deferred. I'm surprised I wasn't denied altogether...I have previously been denied due to an "unsatisfactory history" with Chase. I guess they didn't like hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of Amazon.com purchases on the Amazon.com visa (which gave 3% back).

lilslyk said:   Applied and deferred. I'm surprised I wasn't denied altogether...I have previously been denied due to an "unsatisfactory history" with Chase. I guess they didn't like hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of Amazon.com purchases on the Amazon.com visa (which gave 3% back).

hundreds of thousands of dollars? What could you possibly have been buying?

lilslyk said:   Applied and deferred. I'm surprised I wasn't denied altogether...I have previously been denied due to an "unsatisfactory history" with Chase. I guess they didn't like hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of Amazon.com purchases on the Amazon.com visa (which gave 3% back).

A real boss would've use a Forward card...

Just sayin'

  • Archived From: ForumsFinance

  • 12 3 45104
  • Page


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014