• 1100101102 103 104
  • Page
  • Text Only
Data point: Applied for a ink bold business card and was approved. Second chase card approved in last 6 weeks. I am one of the people that got all of my chase accounts. Granted, these are business accounts I am still happy they are giving me more credit.

Small claims court. Sue them.

Not sure if it's been discussed, but I just logged in to check on my points because I knew I had some leftover in an odd number. They've completely revamped the rewards system and I was able to take the odd amount (something like 3870 points) and deposit it directly into my Chase checking account ($38.70).

mkdevo said:   Not sure if it's been discussed, but I just logged in to check on my points because I knew I had some leftover in an odd number. They've completely revamped the rewards system and I was able to take the odd amount (something like 3870 points) and deposit it directly into my Chase checking account ($38.70).

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like a $20min, so my $8 are still stuck.

Chase AARP Card - Take 5% off Expedia hotels - Thread linky

I believe this is stackable to the 3% we already get on travel.

There have been a couple of posts on this topic, mostly of people applying for and receiving business cards, with at least one receiving a personal card -- but the thread has been quiet for a while.

Curious if anyone who was shut down here has recently applied for a chase card.

Not immediately looking to apply or anything, but wondering if I'm on a blacklist or not.

zimaman said:   There have been a couple of posts on this topic, mostly of people applying for and receiving business cards, with at least one receiving a personal card -- but the thread has been quiet for a while.

Not immediately looking to apply or anything, but wondering if I'm on a blacklist or not.

I was rejected for a SW personal card, as having a previous unsatisfactory relationship with the bank.

ProfessorEd said:   zimaman said:   There have been a couple of posts on this topic, mostly of people applying for and receiving business cards, with at least one receiving a personal card -- but the thread has been quiet for a while.

I was rejected for a SW personal card, as having a previous unsatisfactory relationship with the bank.

Same reason for me, rejected for United Explore card, so I know I'm still on the blacklist.

I'm going to read this entire thread (one day) but how HARD did you guys take advantage of the AARP card to get on the blacklist?
Just trying to get an understanding/feel for what threshold you have to cross to get you blacklisted.

KYBOSH said:   I'm going to read this entire thread (one day) but how HARD did you guys take advantage of the AARP card to get on the blacklist?
Just trying to get an understanding/feel for what threshold you have to cross to get you blacklisted.

It varies from person to person obviously. Some people were doing obvious churning, while others were doing more normal transactions. I think it's safe to say that probably everyone who hit this for more than $10k got hit, and probably even some lower than that.

zimaman said:   KYBOSH said:   I'm going to read this entire thread (one day) but how HARD did you guys take advantage of the AARP card to get on the blacklist?

It varies from person to person obviously. Some people were doing obvious churning, while others were doing more normal transactions. I think it's safe to say that probably everyone who hit this for more than $10k got hit, and probably even some lower than that.

Some of us who hit it hard early and then laid off ended up not having any problems, while some who hit it relatively lightly later on got cut off.

BostonOne said:   
Some of us who hit it hard early and then laid off ended up not having any problems, while some who hit it relatively lightly later on got cut off.

Would you quantify your version of hard and laid-off?

KYBOSH said:   BostonOne said:   

Would you quantify your version of hard and laid-off?

I churned about $400(+/- $200) per month for a year with the card. No issues. I was just sure to stick all of my legitimate spending on it too, of course. Looking back, I wish I had done more. Much more.

Four accounts (not concurrently)with high 5 figure CL's....Monthly reward redemptions of high 4 to low five figures.

BradisBrad said:   

I churned about $400(+/- $200) per month for a year with the card. No issues. I was just sure to stick all of my legitimate spending on it too, of course. Looking back, I wish I had done more. Much more.

Not too shabby... but I thought the 5% CB was for the first 6 months.
What was the default CB rate was after 1st 6 months expired?

dbalkunjr said:   Four accounts (not concurrently)with high 5 figure CL's....Monthly reward redemptions of high 4 to low five figures.

With no blowback/blacklist?

Good to hear.

dbalkunjr said:   Four accounts (not concurrently)with high 5 figure CL's....Monthly reward redemptions of high 4 to low five figures.

With no blowback/blacklist?

Good to hear.

I never said that there was no blowback...Closed both DW and my cards. Got all my rewards out of them and held on to a boatload of their money for over six months, and longer on DW's card. I haven't tried to apply for anything else from them since so I don't know if I am blackllisted or not. Still have some accounts with small CL's open with them and just signed up to ding them for $75 with my freedom card for the quarter.

ProfessorEd said:   zimaman said:   There have been a couple of posts on this topic, mostly of people applying for and receiving business cards, with at least one receiving a personal card -- but the thread has been quiet for a while.

I got several with high limits from them. They actually have some strong bonuses on new cards. I am not on any blacklist. Wait another 6 months and give it a try

KYBOSH said:   BradisBrad said:   

Not too shabby... but I thought the 5% CB was for the first 6 months.
What was the default CB rate was after 1st 6 months expired?

I had the card for 6 months early on in the promotion and then closed it. Re-opened three weeks later with an even higher CL since I consolidated my total Chase line before closing the first card and after opening the 2nd.

BradisBrad said:   
I had the card for 6 months early on in the promotion and then closed it. Re-opened three weeks later with an even higher CL since I consolidated my total Chase line before closing the first card and after opening the 2nd.

Impressive.
Most Impressive.

All chase card were shutdown even I closed AARP card myself. Applied a personal card after 7 months and rejected due to:
Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank.

Fast forward another 6 months now I am getting invitations on Ink Bold Biz card. Anyone who were rejected personal cards have luck with biz card?

TheManWhoExcaped said:   All chase card were shutdown even I closed AARP card myself. Applied a personal card after 7 months and rejected due to:
Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank.

Fast forward another 6 months now I am getting invitations on Ink Bold Biz card. Anyone who were rejected personal cards have luck with biz card?

Wait, you closed the card BEFORE they took any AA and they have you on a mini blacklist?

TheManWhoExcaped said:   Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank
Not "Previous unsatisfactory" ?

xoneinax said:   TheManWhoExcaped said:   Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank
Not "Previous unsatisfactory" ?

Correct.

I applied for the Chase Hyatt card about a month ago, and didn't even receive a response letter. I guess I'm so blacklisted they won't even tell me I'm blacklisted.

zimaman said:   I applied for the Chase Hyatt card about a month ago, and didn't even receive a response letter. I guess I'm so blacklisted they won't even tell me I'm blacklisted.

Did they at least give you a hard pull!

They did a hard pull.

Good news!

I applied exactly 30 days ago. *Two* hard inquries, equifax + experian.

Today I received an email that they approved my application with a $15k limit (much lower than I had before), and to expect my card in 2 weeks.

For reference -- I really didn't do anything "wrong", no churning, no manufactured spend. I did put a large amount of charges on it, but it was all legitimate charges.

Very happy to have a foot back in the door with Chase, and hoping that a year from now, any new inquries I have with Chase for new products/services will look at the history of this new card, and not the previous closed relationship.

Does this AARP card have an arbitration agreement? I do not see it in the cardmember agreement or AARP Rules and Regulations. Would be thankful if anyone could post anything about arbitration on this card or other Chase Credit Cards here (or PM). TIA.

MikeR397 said:   Does this AARP card have an arbitration agreement? I do not see it in the cardmember agreement or AARP Rules and Regulations. Would be thankful if anyone could post anything about arbitration on this card or other Chase Credit Cards here (or PM). TIA.

If you take them to court I insist you use the line "I WANT THE TRUTH!"

MikeR397 said:   Does this AARP card have an arbitration agreement? I do not see it in the cardmember agreement or AARP Rules and Regulations. Would be thankful if anyone could post anything about arbitration on this card or other Chase Credit Cards here (or PM). TIA.

If you went to arbitration against them you probably would have zero chance. I am sure you can go to small claims against them

Robert

Has anyone been able to open a new Chase account after suing in Small Claims Court for points?

Did you sue for points ?
How did it go ?

Who was your lawyer, Flighthunter?

People had to sue for points? I got mine after complaints to the CFPB, but I thought Chase had paid everyone out.

I was blacklisted for around a year I guess, but I'm back in with 3 new cards.

No, some of us never got our confiscated AARP Chase points back.

sloppy1 said:   No, some of us never got our confiscated AARP Chase points back.
  Ditto

I never sued but I tried to apply for the Chase Southwest card several weeks ago and was denied for an "unsatisfactory relationship".

chasecheatedme said:   
sloppy1 said:   No, some of us never got our confiscated AARP Chase points back.
  Ditto

Screwed me out of $2000 as well per my story on the earlier pages. Would love to hear the story/outcome if someone did take them to court.

Does anyone know of a legal representative for Chase in Pennsylvania? I'm suing them now for my points at the magistrate's office.

I tried searching and couldn't find anything. You're looking for the Registered Agent. Maybe try calling the sec of state.

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 1100101102 103 104
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.