• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
duna said:   
chuckebrown said:   Chase closed all my accounts in 2008 - can’t remember how many accounts I had - I believe 6 or so between personal and business. Was only using 1 card and paying balance in full every month. I applied and received a Slate card in 2011 without issue.

Recently did a mini-AOR and applied for 1 personal and 2 business cards from Chase. All 3 required review - called recon - the personal (Sapphire Preferred) was approved, but the two business cards were rejected due to a “previous unsatisfactory relationship with Chase.”

This would strongly suggest that Chase business department uses different approval criteria than for personal cards.

I got approved for both personal & business cards after 4-5 years of stormy relationship with Chase.

rated:
alpinewhite said:   Has anyone gotten blacklisted from grocery stores for buying too many gift cards?

I attempted to purchase some from one store (that limited me to 1 @ $500).  They proceeded to send a picture of me around to all the other stores in the area warning them about CC fraud.

rated:
SpeedingLunatic said:   
alpinewhite said:   Has anyone gotten blacklisted from grocery stores for buying too many gift cards?

I attempted to purchase some from one store (that limited me to 1 @ $500).  They proceeded to send a picture of me around to all the other stores in the area warning them about CC fraud.

Pics or it didn't happen.

rated:
largeeyes said:   
SpeedingLunatic said:   

Pics or it didn't happen.

I will ask if the other store still has their copy.  It was over a year ago though, so it's a long-shot.

rated:
Well, I thought I was off the Chase blacklist (AARP days), but apparently I'm not. I was approved for the Chase Freedom card 2 years after the initial blacklist. I've had it for a couple of months and have redeemed the $200 in bonus points. However, I just received a letter today stating they are closing the account. Reason given - "We are closing your credit card account because an affiliate ended it's banking relationship with you."

Oh well, at least I was able to get all my points this time!

rated:
Blacklisted from massage parlor for taking too long to happily end.

rated:
I got blacklisted from Staples too.

When I was 16 I challenged a friend to a desk chair race across the store. He picked a heavy deluxe chair like an idiot, i picked a cheap, light, agile one and ultimately won the race. However, 5 laps around the store was enough to get me blacklisted. The manager told us to leave and to never come back again.

This was 12 years ago. I went there the other day and bought some tape. They didn't recognize me. I think I'll work slowly back up to 5 laps this time.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014