• 123 4 513
  • Page
  • Text Only
EL3V3N said:   kiasuchick said:   AMEX: 2007 Got financial review and was told all cards would be closed down ($75k CL -- TE, Blue, IN:LA) due to AOR funds of 50k on one card after in increasing/reallocating credit lines to $24.5k with crack tool.

Result: Fedexed letter to CEO of AMEX with copies of all my bank statements showing $450k in HYS cash. Got a letter back a week later from a personal assistant saying he'd personally take care of the matter. Cards still open with $75k of total CL. IN:LA card is now Blue Cash

If your finances were such in good shape as you claim then why not just go through the FR? Last time AMEX gave me a FR they bumped up my credit lines.

What's FR?

Edit: I guess financial review (team/ dpt), correct?

EL3V3N said:   RedWolfe01 said:   EL3V3N said:   kiasuchick said:   AMEX: 2007 Got financial review and was told all cards would be closed down ($75k CL -- TE, Blue, IN:LA) due to AOR funds of 50k on one card after in increasing/reallocating credit lines to $24.5k with crack tool. 

Result: Fedexed letter to CEO of AMEX with copies of all my bank statements showing $450k in HYS cash. Got a letter back a week later from a personal assistant saying he'd personally take care of the matter. Cards still open with $75k of total CL. IN:LA card is now Blue Cash

If your finances were such in good shape as you claim then why not just go through the FR?  Last time AMEX gave me a FR they bumped up my credit lines.

There is a big difference in showing them you have a half million in funds, and having to explain where they CAME from.  (my guess is arbitrage, not real income)

You have that backwards bcs your going to have to explain it to the IRS sooner or later.  AMEX FR is only about your tax return, no tax return no credit.

All the funds were from AOR. Taxes paid on HYS 1099int income of course. I didn't want to send them my tax return.

kiasuchick said:   I didn't want to send them my tax return.
Agreed. I would never send any bank my tax return, for any reason. That's absurd. Would rather just let the line close. My tax situation is none of the bank's business.

I had cc account closures from Citi 2008(or 2009). Accounts were all fairly new but it was for four accounts and combined CL was about 35k. I didn't fight back, but I disputed them all off my CRs right away and they have been gone. (no dents like this account was closed at credit grantor's request on my CRs. Never tried applying again, but hard to resist any more.
I know Fia/Boa, Chase and others blacklist, but up until this point, no one ever says citi blacklisting any. (I read a few AAs from citi)
Can anyone share their success stories re-establishing cc relationship with Citi in recent days?

Edit. I searched the topic again with citi and was able to find one success story. Good thing! That even made me wonder if citi blacklists at all now. Any successful/unsuccessful stories are appreciated.

If you drop $10k in a Chase account, you can tell a personal banker to send in a "special consideration" form with your CC application reference number to push an app through, then take the money right back out. It won't get you off the blacklist, but it'll get an application approved, if the only reason you were denied was being blacklisted.

edit: Didn't work. They refused to open a CC after a long wait, and the Private Wealth Services people can't seem to get an answer from them about how long I'll be on the blacklist.

LtWaldo said:   If you drop $10k in a Chase account, you can tell a personal banker to send in a "special consideration" form with your CC application reference number to push an app through, then take the money right back out. It won't get you off the blacklist, but it'll get an application approved, if the only reason you were denied was being blacklisted.

so you are asking for special consideration despite your past shenanigans because you are putting $10k in the bank and then you are going to pull more shenanigans by pulling the money right back out --- I wonder if there would be an elevated blacklist waiting for you?

Has anyone experienced recent AA or blacklisting from eBay? My accounts are intact but heard via the rumor mill of a recent large round of eBay, not PayPal, AA.

Nummerkins said:   I'm blacklisted from Trilegiant. They are the company that sends those $20 checks that sign you up for credit monitoring or credit protection. I deposited so many of those that they will not send me any more and I also can't get free trails at ANY credit protection service for the 3 bureaus.

Hilarious...I got a nasty letter from them, too, stating that I would not be signed up for any new services...I had rec. so many gift cards from sign-ups...

Well, after reading a book called "Divorce War", I ran up all my cards well before my divorce finished. I didn't do an AOR, but I still had a lot of open lines of credit. I was doing fine paying all minimums, keeping the balancing act going until I could cash out of my marriage; until Union Bank and Discover card messed me up. I had set up automatic payments going from Union Bank to Discover Card. I ended those, and mailed Discover Card a check. Well, through some error, the automatic payment went through and they cashed my check, overdrawing my account. It took 8 weeks to fix it, and by then Union Bank had closed my account, even though they were well aware of the error. 8 weeks with no bank account and all my other cards were then late. I couldn't do anything, as my money was coming from the VA and they refused to write checks to my credit cards, and it took time to re-route the money they were sending to that bank account.
I moved on to Bank of America. I was fine with them until my card was stolen one night. I reported the card stolen, and they told me there were no charges, everything was fine. A week later charges showed up from that night pushing my account overdrawn. The actual charge was only $5 over what I had in the account, they immediately added $150 in fees, and repeated attempts to rectify through phone calls and in person didn't help. I finally took my $150 voucher from Chase for opening a new account and took my business there. Bank of America reported me to Chex systems, I disputed in writing to the address for Bank of America on the Chex systems report, it was returned to sender unopened, invalid address. I still have all the documentation.
My divorce finally got to a point where my ex had all the assets, my divorce attorney quit (my ex tried to bribe him, possibly successfullly, and when he realized that I was questioning everything (like why he had advised against filing with child support services to collect the $27,000 in child support my ex was behind on paying) he backed out stating he had a heart problem and couldn't take the stress of my case anymore), and the cost to get a new divorce attorney, plus police to seize his books, plus forensic accounting would have probably been more than the actual amount of settlement. I went to a BK attorney, paid $2000 to him, and had the state seize my ex's books and do all the forensic accounting at no further cost to me. It drove my ex to file BK, lost his franchise, and got me blacklisted on every card involved, but, in the end, well worth it. Child support services seized all the money he owed me in child support straight out of his bank account in one lump sum, the fact that he had abandoned his son and paid not even $1 in support for all that time when the money was just sitting in his account in cash made him look really bad in court (it was the single largest sum ever collected at one time in our county), and the bankruptcy court paid the rest of what he owed me in cash, leaving the house as property still to be considered in the divorce. We are as of now divorced status only, and he cannot sell the house because of the divorce action still pending. I fully intend to leave it that way indefinitely, because as I understand it, even years later something like that can cloud the title.

angelaira said:   Well, after reading a book called "Divorce War", I ran up all my cards well before my divorce finished. I didn't do an AOR, but I still had a lot of open lines of credit. I was doing fine paying all minimums, keeping the balancing act going until I could cash out of my marriage; until Union Bank and Discover card messed me up. I had set up automatic payments going from Union Bank to Discover Card. I ended those, and mailed Discover Card a check. Well, through some error, the automatic payment went through and they cashed my check, overdrawing my account. It took 8 weeks to fix it, and by then Union Bank had closed my account, even though they were well aware of the error. 8 weeks with no bank account and all my other cards were then late. I couldn't do anything, as my money was coming from the VA and they refused to write checks to my credit cards, and it took time to re-route the money they were sending to that bank account.
I moved on to Bank of America. I was fine with them until my card was stolen one night. I reported the card stolen, and they told me there were no charges, everything was fine. A week later charges showed up from that night pushing my account overdrawn. The actual charge was only $5 over what I had in the account, they immediately added $150 in fees, and repeated attempts to rectify through phone calls and in person didn't help. I finally took my $150 voucher from Chase for opening a new account and took my business there. Bank of America reported me to Chex systems, I disputed in writing to the address for Bank of America on the Chex systems report, it was returned to sender unopened, invalid address. I still have all the documentation.
My divorce finally got to a point where my ex had all the assets, my divorce attorney quit (my ex tried to bribe him, possibly successfullly, and when he realized that I was questioning everything (like why he had advised against filing with child support services to collect the $27,000 in child support my ex was behind on paying) he backed out stating he had a heart problem and couldn't take the stress of my case anymore), and the cost to get a new divorce attorney, plus police to seize his books, plus forensic accounting would have probably been more than the actual amount of settlement. I went to a BK attorney, paid $2000 to him, and had the state seize my ex's books and do all the forensic accounting at no further cost to me. It drove my ex to file BK, lost his franchise, and got me blacklisted on every card involved, but, in the end, well worth it. Child support services seized all the money he owed me in child support straight out of his bank account in one lump sum, the fact that he had abandoned his son and paid not even $1 in support for all that time when the money was just sitting in his account in cash made him look really bad in court (it was the single largest sum ever collected at one time in our county), and the bankruptcy court paid the rest of what he owed me in cash, leaving the house as property still to be considered in the divorce. We are as of now divorced status only, and he cannot sell the house because of the divorce action still pending. I fully intend to leave it that way indefinitely, because as I understand it, even years later something like that can cloud the title.

How is driving your ex out of business by making him lose his franchise good in the long run of either you on him. Without that income, how is he supposed to pay child support?

And this is why the most common response in the "looking back" thread is "I wish I never got married".

lol... I feel like the % of this board that got this is about the same as the % chance that AMEX would ever give me a card again...

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   Wow they don't require it to be covered? Or was it just bbhj instead of bbbj ?

--Jon

EdMcK515 said:   angelaira said:   Well, after reading a book called "Divorce War", I ran up all my cards well before my divorce finished. I didn't do an AOR, but I still had a lot of open lines of credit. I was doing fine paying all minimums, keeping the balancing act going until I could cash out of my marriage; until Union Bank and Discover card messed me up. I had set up automatic payments going from Union Bank to Discover Card. I ended those, and mailed Discover Card a check. Well, through some error, the automatic payment went through and they cashed my check, overdrawing my account. It took 8 weeks to fix it, and by then Union Bank had closed my account, even though they were well aware of the error. 8 weeks with no bank account and all my other cards were then late. I couldn't do anything, as my money was coming from the VA and they refused to write checks to my credit cards, and it took time to re-route the money they were sending to that bank account.

How is driving your ex out of business by making him lose his franchise good in the long run of either you on him. Without that income, how is he supposed to pay child support?

Haters as such care less about the support -- they care more to convey hurt and anger. That makes them happy, amazing ah?

Do you think it was all me? Not my choice, he had every opportunity to do the right thing, and he chose not to. I called him and warned him before each and every decision I made, and the whole time, he insisted that I was helpless and could do nothing that would adversely affect him. These days he readily admits that he did it to himself. In the end, him getting out from under the franchise actually helped him. We both learned a lot during the process, and we both realize now that in divorce, there are no winners except perhaps the lawyers. The divorce system in this country is ridiculous, we both understand that now, and instead of protecting anyone, it hurts everyone.

angelaira said:   Do you think it was all me?

We'll need to see a bigger pic before we can decided that.

bills50000 said:   lol... I feel like the % of this board that got this is about the same as the % chance that AMEX would ever give me a card again...

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   Wow they don't require it to be covered? Or was it just bbhj instead of bbbj ?

--Jon

I think you might be surprised. I mean just look how many AMPs are all over the place. People are keeping them in business!

Love8008s said:   angelaira said:   Do you think it was all me?

We'll need to see a bigger pic before we can decided that.
You are welcome:

http://votefamous.com/index.php?vf=3&cate=people&id=502

ColbyS said:   kiasuchick said:   I didn't want to send them my tax return.
Agreed. I would never send any bank my tax return, for any reason. That's absurd. Would rather just let the line close. My tax situation is none of the bank's business.

If you want sizeable lines with AMEX, and by sizeable I mean well into the 6 digits, then you have no choice. For me having large credit lines ensures my credit score has an 8 handle and can apply for two dozen credit card in one year and get approved for all those generous bonuses.

germanpope said:   LtWaldo said:   If you drop $10k in a Chase account, you can tell a personal banker to send in a "special consideration" form with your CC application reference number to push an app through, then take the money right back out. It won't get you off the blacklist, but it'll get an application approved, if the only reason you were denied was being blacklisted.

so you are asking for special consideration despite your past shenanigans because you are putting $10k in the bank and then you are going to pull more shenanigans by pulling the money right back out --- I wonder if there would be an elevated blacklist waiting for you?

Well...the funny thing is that I still have Chase bank accounts, and I have received checking account bonuses successfully while being on the CC blacklist. So I guess the right hand of Chase doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

edit: Didn't work. They refused to open a CC after a long wait, and the Private Wealth Services people can't seem to get an answer from them about how long I'll be on the blacklist.

angelaira said:   Well, after reading a book called "Divorce War", I ran up all my cards well before my divorce finished. I didn't do an AOR, but I still had a lot of open lines of credit. I was doing fine paying all minimums, keeping the balancing act going until I could cash out of my marriage; until Union Bank and Discover card messed me up. I had set up automatic payments going from Union Bank to Discover Card. I ended those, and mailed Discover Card a check. Well, through some error, the automatic payment went through and they cashed my check, overdrawing my account. It took 8 weeks to fix it, and by then Union Bank had closed my account, even though they were well aware of the error. 8 weeks with no bank account and all my other cards were then late. I couldn't do anything, as my money was coming from the VA and they refused to write checks to my credit cards, and it took time to re-route the money they were sending to that bank account.

Fascinating! I love you fat wallet people.

EL3V3N said:   

fascinating like a car wreck.

she straddles, so to speak, the line between FW and CreditBoards.

solarUS said:   EL3V3N said:   

C'mon guys, can't we be a little nicer to the ladies? There are already so few of them here as it is.

Reading this thread..
apparently I'm not that bad after all.
Not sure if it's good.

Dude, your haiku sucks:

Read through all this thread
I am not very bad
Not sure if its good.

BarryAndLevon said:   solarUS said:   EL3V3N said:   

C'mon guys, can't we be a little nicer to the ladies? There are already so few of them here as it is.

I'm not nice to people just because they have a vagina and boobs.

pthor1231 said:   

Maybe you should be, then you might get laid more often.

Geez, my story isnt that extreme. My local Applebees (summer 2006? 05?, I forget) had unlimited babyback ribs for $15. Went there everyday for a week with some of my biggest friends after work. Each of us could polish off 4-5 plates of ribs at a time. Finally on the Friday, manager came to our table, asked how we were doing, asked how the food was, and then told us not to come back.

fyi:

the special consideration form doesn't help against the blacklist.
the blacklist for CCs is indeed a separate issue from having bank accounts with them.

-mancunian from that other forum mentioned

BarryAndLevon said:   
Can't we be a little nicer to the ladies? There are already so few of them here as it is.

See Rule 30.

ducky282 said:   Geez, my story isnt that extreme. My local Applebees (summer 2006? 05?, I forget) had unlimited babyback ribs for $15. Went there everyday for a week with some of my biggest friends after work. Each of us could polish off 4-5 plates of ribs at a time. Finally on the Friday, manager came to our table, asked how we were doing, asked how the food was, and then told us not to come back.Heh, just wondering, did you tip good or was that a factor?

ducky282 said:   Geez, my story isnt that extreme. My local Applebees (summer 2006? 05?, I forget) had unlimited babyback ribs for $15. Went there everyday for a week with some of my biggest friends after work. Each of us could polish off 4-5 plates of ribs at a time. Finally on the Friday, manager came to our table, asked how we were doing, asked how the food was, and then told us not to come back.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, do these sound like the actions of a man who's had ALL he could eat?"

joemama15 said:   ducky282 said:   Geez, my story isnt that extreme. My local Applebees (summer 2006? 05?, I forget) had unlimited babyback ribs for $15. Went there everyday for a week with some of my biggest friends after work. Each of us could polish off 4-5 plates of ribs at a time. Finally on the Friday, manager came to our table, asked how we were doing, asked how the food was, and then told us not to come back.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, do these sound like the actions of a man who's had ALL he could eat?"
Lol, but maybe the manager himself was worried about a lawsuit. Five racks of ribs is at least three days worth of the recommended limits of calories, fat, saturated fat and sodium in just one sitting. Times that by five and a lesser man would end up in the hospital.....

(Applebee's nutrition info)

"That man ate all our shrimp! And two plastic lobsters! 'Tis no man. 'Tis a remorseless eatin' machine!"

Ha, thanks everyone... we were just regular customers, no trouble, 20% tip, who happened to be hankerin for ribs that week. But all well, ends well... there was a pizza hut buffet too.

More important than what the manager said, what did the cardiologist say?

angelaira said:   my divorce attorney quit (my ex tried to bribe him, possibly successfullly, and when he realized that I was questioning everything (like why he had advised against filing with child support services to collect the $27,000 in child support my ex was behind on paying) he backed out stating he had a heart problem and couldn't take the stress of my case anymore).If I had been your divorce attorney, not only would I have quit, I would have put a gun to my head and put an end to my prolonged and excessive misery.

reason # 52,397 not to get married.

Same thing happened to one of my employees. The ex-wife makes more than him without lifting a finger. She has not had a job in years.

If you don't know about the reach Child Support has, it might be worth taking 30 mns one day to read up on it BEFORE it's too late.

ironfist99 said:   pthor1231 said:   

Maybe you should be, then you might get laid more often.

Yeah especially on an anonymous message board.

I have been blacklisted by blackhawk networks. I bought 15K in reloadable Visa gift cards with a credit card over the period of 3 weeks. They froze my accounts for 30 days, launched an investigation, learned that I had found a way to purchase them with a credit card (they state "cash only" on the back), closed my accounts and sent me a refund check for the remaining balance. Recently I placed an order for store gift cards from another website operated by blackhawk to get some extra CashBack through BC, and it was magically canceled 2 weeks later.

joemama15 said:   ducky282 said:   Geez, my story isnt that extreme. My local Applebees (summer 2006? 05?, I forget) had unlimited babyback ribs for $15. Went there everyday for a week with some of my biggest friends after work. Each of us could polish off 4-5 plates of ribs at a time. Finally on the Friday, manager came to our table, asked how we were doing, asked how the food was, and then told us not to come back.

If I were you I'd sue the rib place, honestly this sounds like "the most blatant case of fraudulent advertising since my own lawsuit against the film 'The Neverending Story'...I don't use the word 'hero' very often but you are the greatest hero in American history"

I sent this letter to Chase in hope to get my old card reopened to hopefully get me off the blacklist. I was told that this department polices other departments like the Portfolio Risk Review department and the Lending Services department. I later received a letter telling me (for the 3rd time) that none of my accounts will be reopened.

4/8/2011

To: Credit Correspondence Department
Chase Credit Cards
P.O.Box 15007
Wilmington, DE 19850
FAX (302)758-2015

Re: Reopening 4417-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

On approximately 2008, all my Chase cards were closed by your Portfolio Risk Review department. To this day, I can't get a definite answer from Chase why my accounts were closed.

The reason I'm writing to you is to request a review of my accounts with hope that I may get my credit cards reopened. I have stellar credit based on all three credit bureaus and have never been late on any of my payments either. My household income is sufficient enough, as well.

Regards,
AlpineWhite

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014