• 1 2 34513
  • Page
  • Text Only
ultraRiles said:   This may be a stupid question, but I don't understand why balance transfers are getting people black listed?

Because the CC's marketing department and the CC's fraud department hate each other.

I had my account blacklisted, with match.com, after I tried it for free, for about 7 days. I had to give them my credit card, before I did it. When I tried to cancel, they said I was on there before! This was for about a month, 3 years ago. I had to pay about $35. They would not cancel, so I called MasterCard, and they did it for me. match.com, removed my profile for revenge! Now, I'm just a clueless object to them! I love MasterCard, for that. Serves them right!

Now I don't go on any service, that tells me they will refund my money, if I use a credit card! I've learned my lesson!

.......Marv

TigerDirect - signed up for a gold AMEX when the offer was a $150 TD GC. Used part on one transaction, and the rest on another, but the full amount charged on the second order. I emailed back and forth a few times with them saying they'd credit me the difference but they never did. Filed a chargeback, I think it was on a Visa bc the AMEX hadn't arrived yet.

Tried placing an order 2 years later and it didn't go through. Told me I needed to call, when I called they said there was an outstanding chargeback that needed to be taken care of. F that. Wrote a bad review on resellerratings and TD flagged it to the mods and I had to edit it (they don't allow you to post verbatim what you were told by a retailer, you have to put it in your own words).

I don't think I for BLed from AMEX, but I stopped getting mailers from them for CCs with 50K membership rewards and first year fee off.

Google Checkout blacklisted me after 7 figures of charges (a big chunk done at 0% during the good 'ole days) for which I refused to provide documentation after I triggered internal $ thresholds. Kept mid 5 figures of my capital for 180 days.

MadAnthony said:   frys.com will no longer let me order from them after I filed a chargeback against them.

I ordered a flat-panel TV from them. FedEx destroyed it during shipping, and sent it back to them. It was received by their warehouse in Ohio (and I had tracking to confirm), but at the time they were moving to a warehouse in Tennessee and it got sent there and lost in the process. After arguing with them on the phone for weeks, I filed a chargeback on my AMEX and won.

Several months later on Black Friday I tried to order a bunch of FAR stuff from them. My order didn't ship, and after a few days I emailed them. They told me I had to call them, and when I did they told me that because I had filed a chargeback I couldn't order from them anymore.

Similar thing happened to me with Tracfone. An error occured when I purchased minutes from them. I was charged, but never got the PIN to get the air time. Filed a chargeback and they blacklisted that particular card from my account.

I had a problem with Verizon (which I can't remember the exact details) that I was no longer allowed to make payments to my home phone account through their web site. I think I was banned for a period of 1 year.

I got blacklisted by Office Depot for using too many coupons. I would purchase the $15 or $20 off coupons on eBay and use them to buy DVD-Rs. After one order didn't ship I called in and found out I had been blacklisted for using too many coupons on orders. I tried ordering under my wife's name but that didn't work either. Now I can't order from them at all.

FIA/BofA blacklisted me a few years ago while I was running some charges on the Discover Current card. At that same time Discover Cards also blacklisted me. I tried several times to get a feel from the FIA credit department if I could reapply but they basically told me as long as they can still see the card on their system it was highly unlikely I'd get approved for any cards. So I'm guessing 5 years minimum. I lost $3.5K in rewards.

ultraRiles said:   This may be a stupid question, but I don't understand why balance transfers are getting people black listed?Most of it comes from using Chase as the target of the BT from another card and creating a large credit balance, not from moving a balance to the Chase card. Creating large balances can get limits chopped and accounts closed, but very rarely result in blacklisting (even then there are usually other circumstances that cause it).

MadAnthony said:   frys.com will no longer let me order from them after I filed a chargeback against them.

I ordered a flat-panel TV from them. FedEx destroyed it during shipping, and sent it back to them. It was received by their warehouse in Ohio (and I had tracking to confirm), but at the time they were moving to a warehouse in Tennessee and it got sent there and lost in the process. After arguing with them on the phone for weeks, I filed a chargeback on my AMEX and won.

Several months later on Black Friday I tried to order a bunch of FAR stuff from them. My order didn't ship, and after a few days I emailed them. They told me I had to call them, and when I did they told me that because I had filed a chargeback I couldn't order from them anymore.
I wonder if using a one-time credit card number would prevent merchants from doing that.

Any news regarding getting a blacklist removed, or a blacklist "expiring" ?

Green Dot.

lilslyk said:   My story is almost verbatim. I purchased 6 figures worth of stuff from Amazon and received 3% back in Amazon credit for all of it. Thankfully I was not blacklisted from Amazon as that would have been far worse. Chase, however, still won't let me have a card. I became blacklisted in February of 2008 and just recently applied for the AARP card and was denied. So the list lasts at least 3 years!
A little confused why Chase/Amazon would consider this a negative event. Did you return the merchandise and keep the cb?

Otherwise you should be given the red carpet treatment. Something in your story doesn't add up.

Bunch of trouble makers up in here

eBay blacklisted me for 10 days after they caught me shill bidding I accepted the charge and offered apology via email...They reopened my account on 11th day.

Newegg has blacklisted me for returning back something which was not working. They made a used/refurbished adaptor and I complained and send it back to them.. For $15 they lost a customer who spends $12000 on electronics item each year...I have no regrets.

ColbyS said:   A little confused why Chase/Amazon would consider this a negative event. Did you return the merchandise and keep the cb?

Otherwise you should be given the red carpet treatment. Something in your story doesn't add up.

It makes sense if the purchases fit a pattern that made it look as if he was reselling the merchandise rather than keeping it for his own personal use. How many people actually use hundreds of thousands of dollars of stuff from Amazon?

Why would Amazon/Chase care if you're reselling the merchandise?

As long as what you're doing is legitimate I don't see a problem.

ColbyS said:   Why would Amazon/Chase care if you're reselling the merchandise?

B/c they would've made more in profits if the end-buyers bought directly (most of them w/o use of a subsidized credit card)?

ColbyS said:   Why would Amazon/Chase care if you're reselling the merchandise?

Because they're subsidizing your profit margin with their CashBack.

Also, consider all the consumer protections that are in place for personal credit cards, that they'd potentially be on the hook for.

Staples. too many coupons. i think the blacklist expired.

Also blacklisted from a local chinese restaurant named Hop Sing's. I got in an argument with their delivery boy over some missing Chicken Cashew.

I think New York's Soup Nazi banned me for two years, but I only go to New York every four or five years, so am unable to make sure.

i got blacklisted in Blacksburg by a black-haired blacksmith for using my AM3X Black card during a blackout. dark days, those.

*rides crazy train out of this thread...*

Got blacklisted from Office Depot Ink Cartridge recycling. Screwed up and used vouchers from two different accounts on one order. They cancelled about 10 of my accounts, but they didn't know about the other set of 10 I had. This was back in the day of buying 2000 ink cartridges and getting Bing CB. I was buying 6000-8000 cartridges a month and processing through the recycling program for a while. When I got caught, I stopped buying and just filtered what I had in stock to cover me the last few months while I was getting rid of them on the remaining accounts. At the time, I travelled the country for work, so I'd buy while I was on the road - bought four netbooks on one trip to Palm Springs; on the way back home from the airport, I stopped at another 3 OD's and bought more netbooks.

Also did the Bing CB churn with the forever stamps for a while - that always felt like playing hot potato as you never wanted to be the one holding the stamps when the CB stopped. Did the US Mint / AMEX GC churn last year for a while, made some nice change on that too.

Working on my next scam^H^H^H^H^H profit making opportunity now...

I suspect I am banned from most credit card companies. I had hundreds of CCs and during the credit bubble I had 250k of AOR funds. I always get rejected from CC companies for vague reasons that don't make much sense.

kjgco said:   Barclays: closed in 2007; $20K BT. Unsuccessful on 2 occasions since then.
BoA: DW and my accts both closed in 2009; $42K and $50K BTs. We've both gotten Fidelity cards subsequently, though.

Can you expand on that? I don't understand why specifically the bank closed your a/c for BT. What did you do exactly that caused the a/c closed? Is it the bank that give your the BT? Or the bank to which you deposit the BT? And did they closed it after the full term of the BT?

bestbuy.com because I used them to drop ship a bunch of televisions.

some of these stories make me smile........
I have to join in.....i rememeber when I was in middle school I kept signing up for as many Columbia house trials as I could. I never had money to buy them, but they would keep sending them. I didnt know any better. I would get more offers, all the same just a different "company". Hey, I was getting 12 cds or dvds free at at time. Took them a while but they caught on. Their fancey lawyers wanted like 100$. My dad told them he was not picking up the bill that they kept sending them to a minor. I think I got grounded for a month and Columbia wouldnt let me order anything again.

I wouldn't call it technically a black listing but check this story out. I ordered something like 5000 pens once when they were a penny for an hour deal. Anyways they only shipped me 2 out of the thousnad and I raised a stink. A few months go by and Staples has some promo where they send me one free custom pen with my name on it ( I never asked for it) but when I got it it read my first and last name on the pen BUT whomever in customer service I must have worked months ago added a line under my name (they must have 2 drop downs for names) it reads FIRST NAME, LAST NAME then on the line below that "LIMIT 2 PENS - CUST SERVICE".

solarUS said:   i got blacklisted in Blacksburg by a black-haired blacksmith for using my AM3X Black card during a blackout. dark days, those.

*rides crazy train out of this thread...*
That is such a Hokie story! Hahaha

I feel I have been blacklisted by Macys Coupons as I dont recieve them anymore.I tried calling their customer care many times to vent my frustration and they really dont care
I shop a lot at Macys and have their elite card which is the highest and technically should be receiving their coupons

My Story
I Always some how get the best deals in Macys and with these coupons I make it more frustrating for them.
I remember I found a coupon in fatwallet couple of years ago which had 15$ off 15 in Macys store and me and my cousin printed 50 of them and just went berserk in Macys stores all overac in mineapolis(There are 5 of them)

I always feel that was when they blacklisted me

Thanks

Barnes and Noble online. A few years ago they had 40 and 50% off a single item coupons for members, one time use per account. Membership was ~$20, so savings on a $400 item made me buy around 200 memberships. I mainly bought rosetta stone software to resell. Eventually they caught on, booted me and disallowed any coupon use for rosetta stone. Take a look at any rosetta stone on their website and you will now see a special message. That was me.

poohhairt said:   Barnes and Noble online. A few years ago they had 40 and 50% off a single item coupons for members, one time use per account. Membership was ~$20, so savings on a $400 item made me buy around 200 memberships. I mainly bought rosetta stone software to resell. Eventually they caught on, booted me and disallowed any coupon use for rosetta stone. Take a look at any rosetta stone on their website and you will now see a special message. That was me.

Any time they change the rules just because of you, you're doing something right. Well done!

After all these great stories mine is boring ... I'm just among the legion who are banned for life from AMEX because I got a card in college and defaulted on some idiotically paltry sum. (They did get paid, eventually, of course.)

It's funny, because every now and then they'll send me an app because I'm a Skymiles member or some other affiliation. I just look at them and wonder how much it cost them to send me an app for a card they would never in a million years give me.

VamsiKirank said:   I feel I have been blacklisted by Macys Coupons as I dont recieve them anymore.I tried calling their customer care many times to vent my frustration and they really dont care
I shop a lot at Macys and have their elite card which is the highest and technically should be receiving their coupons

My Story
I Always some how get the best deals in Macys and with these coupons I make it more frustrating for them.
I remember I found a coupon in fatwallet couple of years ago which had 15$ off 15 in Macys store and me and my cousin printed 50 of them and just went berserk in Macys stores all overac in mineapolis(There are 5 of them)

I always feel that was when they blacklisted me

Thanks

Reminds me of a story several years back. Bath & Body Works had a free aromatherapy product w/any purchase. My sister went in with about 40-50 printed coupons (did not state one per person) and wiped their shelves clean. $16 value products, and she'd buy a nail file or soap for under $1. They were pissed and called corporate who digressed... they even helped her carry it out to her car.

Glitch99 said:   lilslyk said:   FarfyGuantanamo said:   Chase nailed me after I took them for about 2000 bucks of rewards in a month.
Airline tickets, gift cards, Amazon stuff..
"Previous unsatisfactory relationship..."

My story is almost verbatim. I purchased 6 figures worth of stuff from Amazon and received 3% back in Amazon credit for all of it. Thankfully I was not blacklisted from Amazon as that would have been far worse. Chase, however, still won't let me have a card. I became blacklisted in February of 2008 and just recently applied for the AARP card and was denied. So the list lasts at least 3 years!
These stories are helpful when determining how much is too much for the AARP card (we all know that "unlimited" CashBack isnt really unlimited).

Could you share the credit limits on the cards you were using at the time? I could see the volume relative to your limit (ie, charging 3x your limit during a single statement period) being as much a consideration as the volume itself. I cant see them taking issue with $50k in charges if you have a $80k limit, while $50k in charges with a $10k limit is a different story.

Oh, I totally abused it. I had a $3k or $4k limit I think at the time....this involved me pushing payments nearly every day and purchasing over several months. I'm surprised they let it go as long as they did. I still have yet to pay them a dime in interest so I was obviously not a very profitable customer.

DCU charged me $39.00 late fee + reported me to credit agencies for 32 days delay in payment for 30 cents monthly statement (yes 30 cents).. I didn't make this payment because I remember once DCU rep told me payment anything less than $10.00 can be ignored for that month..

But DCU did not buy that..

poohhairt said:   Barnes and Noble online. A few years ago they had 40 and 50% off a single item coupons for members, one time use per account. Membership was ~$20, so savings on a $400 item made me buy around 200 memberships. I mainly bought rosetta stone software to resell. Eventually they caught on, booted me and disallowed any coupon use for rosetta stone. Take a look at any rosetta stone on their website and you will now see a special message. That was me.

I did the exact thing except I was buying DVD boxsets(Friends, Seinfeld, Frasier, etc.). I even use them to dropship the items to the people I sold it to save on shipping. Since it was around the holidays I just had them gift wrap it (Like $1 extra) so that a receipt wasn't included in the order. The membership had a 30 day return policy so I cancelled all of them to get my $20 back(didn't get refund on a couple but I didn't want to push it). They never caught on to me. The only issue I encountered was my brother accidentally used a cancelled card at a local store and when it didn't work he tried another and then the manager accused him of stealing the cards. He actually explained to her the reason for having the more then one membership and she said she would report us to corporate loss prevention and also banned us from the store. Never went back there until last week to redeem 28 groupons for 2 nook colors. Bought it from the same manager. She didn't recognize us.

danteshors said:   it reads FIRST NAME, LAST NAME then on the line below that "LIMIT 2 PENS - CUST SERVICE".

pics?

I am banned from Dell for reselling their computers. I made away with it for a long time until I got greedy one day and tried to reinstalled some "cancelled orders." O well. I think I profitted about $20 to $30k before they banned me. Those were the good times. Selling Dell computers was like selling wiis and ps3's during christmas. Cept this was year round. I am sure there are some people still doing this with the Dell outlet scripts making a killing. It was scary having $35,000 in laptops in the house though especially when you live in the ghetto. Good times!

Snezz said:   poohhairt said:   Never went back there until last week to redeem 28 groupons for 2 nook colors. Bought it from the same manager. She didn't recognize us.

Well, there's another one I wish I would have thought of...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014