• 12 3 4513
  • Page
  • Text Only
I got greedy one day and tried to reinstalled some "cancelled orders.

What did you mean?

Banned several years ago right after college from Citibank because of a $0.28 remaining balanced that I paid 4 days late. Month 1 I paid off the full balance and had $16 in interest to pay the next month and then the 3rd month they charged me another $0.28. I did not really understand it at the time and I'm not sure I do to this day, but I still can't get a Citi card.

poohhairt said:   Barnes and Noble online. A few years ago they had 40 and 50% off a single item coupons for members, one time use per account. Membership was ~$20, so savings on a $400 item made me buy around 200 memberships. I mainly bought rosetta stone software to resell. Eventually they caught on, booted me and disallowed any coupon use for rosetta stone. Take a look at any rosetta stone on their website and you will now see a special message. That was me.

Snezz said:   
I did the exact thing except I was buying DVD boxsets(Friends, Seinfeld, Frasier, etc.). I even use them to dropship the items to the people I sold it to save on shipping. Since it was around the holidays I just had them gift wrap it (Like $1 extra) so that a receipt wasn't included in the order. The membership had a 30 day return policy so I cancelled all of them to get my $20 back(didn't get refund on a couple but I didn't want to push it). They never caught on to me. The only issue I encountered was my brother accidentally used a cancelled card at a local store and when it didn't work he tried another and then the manager accused him of stealing the cards. He actually explained to her the reason for having the more then one membership and she said she would report us to corporate loss prevention and also banned us from the store. Never went back there until last week to redeem 28 groupons for 2 nook colors. Bought it from the same manager. She didn't recognize us.

I just got back from Books-A-Million and noticed they'd printed out a 20% off coupon along with my receipt. The fine print said "Not valid on Nook product or Rosetta Stone." Those were the only two products specifically mentioned. I had a good laugh at that one.

GreyRabbit said:   I got greedy one day and tried to reinstalled some "cancelled orders.

What did you mean?

reinstate. Sorry. I am an immigrant.

Anyone remember that $10 off with any purchase at Bath a Body Works sometime in 2008? Me and my SO used it about 45 times in about 20 days at three stores. We used by gift bags for $1 and used to get other lotions (ah Japanese cherry blossom) for a price of $8-10 for free. We started to get dirty looks from the store employees after a week, yet we persisted. bath and body works became smarter after that - no more online coupons. I think we were not the only ones responsible for that, many in the FW crowd are.

I'm on Chase's list. Took the offer of 25k Continental miles for opening a checking account. Fine print says one per calender year. Opened one in December and another in January. I got the miles for the December account asap but I ended up in a CSR vortex trying to get the ones from January. I finally got the miles in July.

Last fall I applied for the British Airways card and got the bs line about unsatisfactory accounts. Pushing them for an explanation regarding what was unsatisfactory I heard everything under the sun, none of which were true as the only accounts I ever had with Chase were the two checking accounts.

Backed off from balance transfers at Chase, back when they had capped fees. I was churning BT funds very quickly during a period where they offered Rapid Rewards credits for BT's and accidentally bounced one of the checks. That got their attention and they said no more.

BankofGreed said:   Blacklisted by Dell. Was buying discounted GC from eBay in order to buy and resell Dell products. Apparently, one of those GC were purchased with a stolen CC, and Dell perma banned me. They cancelled all my orders, and I havent been able to buy anything since.BL'd by Dell as well, back in 2005. I was buying swaths of Dell computers to resell, and I realized that if I called them after a delivery and threatened to return the computers, they would refund some $ - usually about $50 per box - to convince me not to do it. They decided they didn't like that. BL appears to have been lifted, but the Dell resell game appears to be dead....

Citibank's online payment service (C2it) - setup several accounts associated with reward earning credit cards and just transferred $500 per day per account back and forth. Finally after a few months they froze my accounts so I had to call to see what was up. The CS rep who pulled up my account info said management was having a meeting about me that day

Needless to say I was no longer allowed to have a C2IT account but they left my other Citi accounts alone.

kenblakely said:   BankofGreed said:   Blacklisted by Dell. Was buying discounted GC from eBay in order to buy and resell Dell products. Apparently, one of those GC were purchased with a stolen CC, and Dell perma banned me. They cancelled all my orders, and I havent been able to buy anything since.BL'd by Dell as well, back in 2005. I was buying swaths of Dell computers to resell, and I realized that if I called them after a delivery and threatened to return the computers, they would refund some $ - usually about $50 per box - to convince me not to do it. They decided they didn't like that. BL appears to have been lifted, but the Dell resell game appears to be dead....
hooray for unscrupulous douchebaggery!

CVS: back in the day when Free after Extra care bucks items were unlimited. For 3 months it was better than free after extra care bucks so I had 4 extracare cards and filled 3 shopping carts every day only paying around $1 each time.

Favorite moment was when Femine pads were .79 and you got .99 back in rewards. I bought 2 shopping carts full of them and then left them at the store so I could return the next day and buy them again- making $$ on each one.
My $200 investment netted over 4k in toothbrushes, shampoo, feminine pads, makeup, and about $1k in CVS gift cards

Next month, nationwide they added limits to all items.

I got banned from "Hop Sings" for trying to circumvent there delivery area.....j/k (Seinfeld reference)

Just a suggestion:
should we try to differentiate blacklisting *you* from blacklisting account/address/credit card/etc. whenever possible? I'd imagine financial institutions in most cases can uniquely identify *you* (e.g., by SSN), but I'm not as sure that, for example, retailers can do the same.

ING Direct

When I had opened the account, there was some identity questions they wanted answered, so they called. My mom was sleeping at the time (she works the night shift) and doesn't speak English that well, so I answered for her, pretending to be her. Not the smartest decision I've ever made, but something I used to do a lot in the past, cause my parents hate dealing with customer service (because of the language barriers, and cause frankly, they are lazy, and probably would want me to deal with this stuff anyways.)

Anyway, ING later figured out that my voice matched my moms voice later on, so closed both our accounts for security reasons because we opened the accounts under false pretenses, and said both of us couldn't ever open ING direct accounts in the future. Oops.

On the bright side, I have a really good excuse now whenever my parents tell me to just pretend to be them when dealing with customer service phone calls...

lowereastside said:   ... and said both of us couldn't ever open ING direct accounts in the future..and nothing of value was lost

xerty said:   lowereastside said:   ... and said both of us couldn't ever open ING direct accounts in the future..and nothing of value was lost Whoa. Being blacklisted by ING would have really torn me apart. Where would I ever find such fabulous deposit rates?

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned the Sharebuilder bonuses that gave you $50 or so to open an account and make one trade. I opened up about five accounts (with different promos), before I was finally discovered.

Bank of America...used the credit card bill pay too aggressively paying all the min. payments on my balance transfers....Also churned them for checking account bonuses....funny thing is the biz cards are still available....cant get any new personal cards....

Bought thousands of gift cards following the dealpass threads....got around being blacklisted several times until the programs werent worth the hassle...

Dell - I used to buy machines from Dell using coupon deals (Most often low end servers) and then I would send back parts until I got the prices down to zero or less than zero and then sell the "Barebones" or whatever was remaining on E-Bay for a nice little profit. Heaven was when I realized that I could get credit for years of warranty being returned (i.e. buy a machine that came with a 3-year warranty and "Return" 2 of the years)......Let's just say that it didn't end very well

Chase screwed me again. I applied for CO card on 02/06/11 and received the "previous unsatisfactory relationship with this bank" letter. I called and got the card approved over the phone. I just received the card today and called to activate it. I was told it was closed. WTF. Chased declined, approved and closed my card within a week.

Chase closed all my cards in Feb 2008. I applied many times since then and all got denied.

someone mentioned in another forum:
"There is some kind of form called the "special consideration form" or something like that. If you have over 10k with chase, they can push a card approval through. I can confirm this works. I had applied for too many chase cards and got denied. A personal banker was able to get it through for me..."

http://www.dansdeals.com/forums/index.php?topic=3812.0

bobopig1 said:   Chase screwed me again. I applied for CO card on 02/06/11 and received the "previous unsatisfactory relationship with this bank" letter. I called and got the card approved over the phone. I just received the card today and called to activate it. I was told it was closed. WTF. Chased declined, approved and closed my card within a week.

Chase closed all my cards in Feb 2008. I applied many times since then and all got denied.

"There is some kind of form called the "special consideration form" or something like that. If you have over 10k with chase, they can push a card approval through. I can confirm this works. I had applied for too many chase cards and got denied. A personal banker was able to get it through for me..."

I also got black listed back in 2008. But in 2009 when i applied 2 card both were declined and after speaking to rep about "some unsatisfactory status" talked to rep and got it ironed out and was approved for the Sony card for 300$ bonus. Made the bonus. Enjoyed and collected some 10000 Sony points.in 2010 april the UA 50K rush got me itching. rejected again and called and approved for 10K line. then luckily i made a purchase and the bonus posted within the same 20day after approval. then they closed both the cards and are not ready for reopening. this time luck for the 50K points did not get wasted as the united terms of point cannot be taken away. i am think of writing a letter to them and asking them what is the unsatisfactory relation ship i have with them. in 2008 on a promotion of spending 4K month i made a 500$ bonus and before the next bonus struck they had closed the accounts.they got me then. Not hating chase for anything but would respect the terms to be clear. Citi closed the cards but never blacklisted me.i was able to open card in 2009 with them. and then in 2010. AMEX closed a couple of cards for me in 2008. but when i applied in 2010 they were asking me tax forms which could cost me 56$.

Not complaining of any cards but if they want to profile or blacklist then they can write in plain words to us. i Guess they fear a kind of class action from people who have never been late , on time pmts, used credit properly IMO.

kichubhai99 said:   bobopig1 said:   Chase screwed me again. I applied for CO card on 02/06/11 and received the "previous unsatisfactory relationship with this bank" letter. I called and got the card approved over the phone. I just received the card today and called to activate it. I was told it was closed. WTF. Chased declined, approved and closed my card within a week.

I also got black listed back in 2008. But in 2009 when i applied 2 card both were declined and after speaking to rep about "some unsatisfactory status" talked to rep and got it ironed out and was approved for the Sony card for 300$ bonus. Made the bonus. Enjoyed and collected some 10000 Sony points.in 2010 april the UA 50K rush got me itching. rejected again and called and approved for 10K line. then luckily i made a purchase and the bonus posted within the same 20day after approval. then they closed both the cards and are not ready for reopening. this time luck for the 50K points did not get wasted as the united terms of point cannot be taken away. i am think of writing a letter to them and asking them what is the unsatisfactory relation ship i have with them. in 2008 on a promotion of spending 4K month i made a 500$ bonus and before the next bonus struck they had closed the accounts.they got me then. Not hating chase for anything but would respect the terms to be clear. Citi closed the cards but never blacklisted me.i was able to open card in 2009 with them. and then in 2010. AMEX closed a couple of cards for me in 2008. but when i applied in 2010 they were asking me tax forms which could cost me 56$.

Not complaining of any cards but if they want to profile or blacklist then they can write in plain words to us. i Guess they fear a kind of class action from people who have never been late , on time pmts, used credit properly IMO.

when chase closed all my cards in 2008, I had to file a compliant with BBB to get my 25k united mileage bonus. Chase pull Equifax on 02/06/11 on my recent Continental card application, they pulled Experian on 02/07, then denied my application. Called and got it approved by the lending department. Then got closed even before I received the card. It cost me 2 hard inquiry and a lot of time for nothing. This is really ridiculous.

bobopig1 said:   Chase screwed me again. I applied for CO card on 02/06/11 and received the "previous unsatisfactory relationship with this bank" letter. I called and got the card approved over the phone. I just received the card today and called to activate it. I was told it was closed. WTF. Chased declined, approved and closed my card within a week.

I applied for the AARP and was officially denied because of "a previous bad relationship, blah blah blah". Lending services doesn't know the details. I noted the reference number and gave it to my personal banker at Chase after I made a $10k deposit. She said that she faxed the Special Consideration Form today. I'll post how long it takes for the SCF to go through (hoping it works).

Got an email from my personal banker today:

"Good Morning,

I called the back office in regards to the Special Consideration form, unfortunately it still did not go through. They did not share your credit score with me. They did say a letter would go out to you. Please call me if you have any questions."

I called her to see how much money I need to put in Chase accounts for the Special Consideration form to go through. She said that she doesn't know. I currently have $10k in Chase checking accounts. She said she will have her manager call me tomorrow.

Apparently the people of Libya.

I might be next up on the Chase blacklist. Credit line is like a tenth of all my other lines. Called two days ago to get the hold removed off the AARP card and was told I had to wait until I get a call back. Still waiting on that call...

alpinewhite said:   Got an email from my personal banker today:

"Good Morning,

I called the back office in regards to the Special Consideration form, unfortunately it still did not go through. They did not share your credit score with me. They did say a letter would go out to you. Please call me if you have any questions."

I called her to see how much money I need to put in Chase accounts for the Special Consideration form to go through. She said that she doesn't know. I currently have $10k in Chase checking accounts. She said she will have her manager call me tomorrow.

how did you get in touch with your personal banker? did you go into a branch? and are you trying to get the AARP visa? I was declined, but maybe putting $10k in my chase account and using the special consideration form might help

Cubswin said:   Dell - I used to buy machines from Dell using coupon deals (Most often low end servers) and then I would send back parts until I got the prices down to zero or less than zero and then sell the "Barebones" or whatever was remaining on E-Bay for a nice little profit. Heaven was when I realized that I could get credit for years of warranty being returned (i.e. buy a machine that came with a 3-year warranty and "Return" 2 of the years)......Let's just say that it didn't end very well I was also blacklisted by Dell, but all I did was buy machines off the outlet and flip them on eBay.

Black Listed at Hop Sings. Because I name name.

AMEX: 2007 Got financial review and was told all cards would be closed down ($75k CL -- TE, Blue, IN:LA) due to AOR funds of 50k on one card after in increasing/reallocating credit lines to $24.5k with crack tool.

Result: Fedexed letter to CEO of AMEX with copies of all my bank statements showing $450k in HYS cash. Got a letter back a week later from a personal assistant saying he'd personally take care of the matter. Cards still open with $75k of total CL. IN:LA card is now Blue Cash

CBS. Working on it.

I'm blacklisted from Trilegiant. They are the company that sends those $20 checks that sign you up for credit monitoring or credit protection. I deposited so many of those that they will not send me any more and I also can't get free trails at ANY credit protection service for the 3 bureaus.

Deal Pass. The day that it hits FW HD killed the days of 20% off gift cards. The thread is still archived somewhere, makes for a funny read now when the OP of the thread became defensive.

Citizens bank : I use to do a lot of international bank wire transfers. One time I had to get a refund from one of my oversea sellers via incoming international wire transfer. That week I got a letter in the mail saying that they no longer wanted to do business with me and that they were closing all 4 of my accounts.

Dell, Staples and best buy. Although Dell and Staples work again after a year, the best buy one is recent so we'll see how long it lasts.

AMEX semi-bl'd me for spending too much. They said they weren't comfortable with my spending level or some bs. But to be fair when they fr'd me a month or so before my previous year income was rather low. Now it's higher and so I just applied again and they wanted the records from the irs so hopefully I will get approved this time.

Oh and FYI, FIA will not BL you for spending too much on the 2% card. Believe me if they ever decide to I'll be one of the first to get it.

American Express. I was blacklisted for having a delinquent account (not for using any FWF tactics so nothing exciting here) but it lasted less than 2 years -- presumably because I paid them every cent that I owed.

Back in 2005 when I was in law school, I was about 60 days late paying a $3,500 balance on my Gold charge card. Long story, but I had to pay tuition on my charge card due to a financial aid mishap that ended up taking a couple months to resolve. My account was closed after I was 30 days late. I paid the balance in full once my financial aid came through in exchange for the account being removed entirely from my credit report.

I tried applying for an American Express card later that year but was denied due to an unsatisfactory relationship with AMEX. However, by late 2006 I was out of law school and tried again and was approved for a Hilton credit card. Over the next year, I picked up a Starwood and Blue card to take advantage of various promotions. Using auto CLI crack, I racked up a little over $70,000 in credit with AMEX (with one of my cards having a $65,000 CL after moving around my credit lines online). I eventually ran into a FR later that year (details in the FR thread), but I came out unscathed after just a few days. I still have the same cards and credit limits to this day. The $65K CL looks nice on my credit report -- now my biggest single line since my BofA and Citi credit lines were subsequently divided up among the multiple cards that I picked up during AORs. I didn't expect my AMEX relationship to turn around as fast as it did.

Reading this thread..
apparently I'm not that bad after all.
Not sure if it's good.

kiasuchick said:   AMEX: 2007 Got financial review and was told all cards would be closed down ($75k CL -- TE, Blue, IN:LA) due to AOR funds of 50k on one card after in increasing/reallocating credit lines to $24.5k with crack tool.

Result: Fedexed letter to CEO of AMEX with copies of all my bank statements showing $450k in HYS cash. Got a letter back a week later from a personal assistant saying he'd personally take care of the matter. Cards still open with $75k of total CL. IN:LA card is now Blue Cash

If your finances were such in good shape as you claim then why not just go through the FR? Last time AMEX gave me a FR they bumped up my credit lines.

EL3V3N said:   kiasuchick said:   AMEX: 2007 Got financial review and was told all cards would be closed down ($75k CL -- TE, Blue, IN:LA) due to AOR funds of 50k on one card after in increasing/reallocating credit lines to $24.5k with crack tool.

If your finances were such in good shape as you claim then why not just go through the FR? Last time AMEX gave me a FR they bumped up my credit lines.

There is a big difference in showing them you have a half million in funds, and having to explain where they CAME from. (my guess is arbitrage, not real income)

RedWolfe01 said:   EL3V3N said:   kiasuchick said:   AMEX: 2007 Got financial review and was told all cards would be closed down ($75k CL -- TE, Blue, IN:LA) due to AOR funds of 50k on one card after in increasing/reallocating credit lines to $24.5k with crack tool.

There is a big difference in showing them you have a half million in funds, and having to explain where they CAME from. (my guess is arbitrage, not real income)

You have that backwards bcs your going to have to explain it to the IRS sooner or later. AMEX FR is only about your tax return, no tax return no credit.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014