• Text Only
wzbus said:   Blacklisted from Best Buy online:

They had a deal, in which they offered some sort of VOIP adapter for $39.99 (regular price) and included a $50 gift card with the purchase.
Suffice to say, I had SEVERAL HUNDRED of these VOIP devices (sold them for an average of $20 or so) and SEVERAL HUNDRED $50 BBY gift cards.

Ever since, every order I place online gets cancelled. In the meantime I moved, and somehow they were able to connect the dots (different adddress, different credit card, different log-in etc) and all orders STILL get cancelled. No notice, no charge to CC, just an automatic cancellation

On the upside, made out quite well on the deal (and still have thousands in BBY gift cards to this day, which can always be used in-store)

Same deal got blacklisted. Haven't been able to figure out how to get around it.

cmatthes1 said:   wzbus said:   Blacklisted from Best Buy online:

They had a deal, in which they offered some sort of VOIP adapter for $39.99 (regular price) and included a $50 gift card with the purchase.
Suffice to say, I had SEVERAL HUNDRED of these VOIP devices (sold them for an average of $20 or so) and SEVERAL HUNDRED $50 BBY gift cards.

Ever since, every order I place online gets cancelled. In the meantime I moved, and somehow they were able to connect the dots (different adddress, different credit card, different log-in etc) and all orders STILL get cancelled. No notice, no charge to CC, just an automatic cancellation

On the upside, made out quite well on the deal (and still have thousands in BBY gift cards to this day, which can always be used in-store)

Same deal got blacklisted. Haven't been able to figure out how to get around it.
i am still shocked that deal didnt get any more exposure on FW. it was posted in HD and everyone threadcrapped instead of participating...

wzbus said:   Blacklisted from Best Buy online:

Do you still get FW ca$h back?

BingBlangBlaow said:   wzbus said:   Blacklisted from Best Buy online:

i use a competitor

2+2??

wzbus said:   

2+2??

Site's down. lol

BingBlangBlaow said:   wzbus said:   

2+2??

Site's down. lol
yes it is. i mostly stopped playing after BF anyway (was a winning recreational player who had a "real" job and mostly did it for kicks)

Anyone else been banned from Groupon? It looks like I've been banned for buying multiple of the $15 for $7 eBay giftcards a while back. I didn't abuse the deal on a massive scale like people who were buying hundreds of them (i only bought a single-digit number of them), but do realize it was still supposed to be 1 per customer.

Some time after the deal, they deleted my account without notifying me...when I tried to log in it said that I was subscribed to their emails but didn't have an account. I emailed them and was told it was deleted because of the eBay deal, violation of terms of service, yadda yadda. Fortunately I had saved my unused groupons, and was still able to use them (even including the eBay ones).

I signed up for another account on my email address, bought a couple of groupons, and haven't exceeded limits or broken the terms since. (Groupon TOS didn't say having more than one account is forbidden at the time, but it looks like they've changed it since then.) But some months later they decided to remove my account again...it says my email isn't registered when I try to log in, but when I try to register it says an account exists. I didn't contact them, but figure this means I'm effectively banned.

But really, this isn't that big of a deal...I haven't bothered to try creating another account. There are so many competing "local daily deal" sites these days, and most all of them are happy to take my money. Groupon will probably be bankrupt within a couple of years because of their unsustainable business model, increased competition, and decreasing popularity with business owners.

I was blacklisted by Paypal before my 15th birthday.

When I was 13 turning 14 I was pretty big into a mid-size MMORPG. I'm a nerd, it's cool. Was born into a lower-middle income family so anything I really wanted I needed to work for (mowing yards, part-time job, etc). Well, as most nerds know, there is money to be made on MMORPG's by selling items/gear, farming/grinding characters, tedious quests, so on and so forth. So I made a PP account legitimately, even gave my SSN, being that they never requested my DOB. I'm sure, looking back, that somewhere in the terms it dictated that I needed to be at least 18 but at the time I didn't think about that. I sold a few high valued items for $50-$100 and got a taste of something I didn't want to let go of...

Being the crafty nerd I loved to be, I was talking with a friend at school one day and we were just joking around about quitting school and playing video games forever. Sad right? Well we realized we'd have to get jobs, but what if our jobs could BE the video games? We had both made money off of one video game, who's to say there isn't more to be made? So we talk about this idea and finally implement it. We call it Brad and Chad's Leveling Service. We help a few well-known guys out at maybe $4/hour each (This was 2004 and big money for a 14 year old [minimum wage was $5.25]) and establish a reputation for quality/fast service which we accomplish after school and on weekends.

Pretty soon we implement my windower program and now I'm able to run 4 clients at once and now I'm not making $4/hour, but $16/hour. More than my mom. We had our business! We felt like kings.. being played great wages to play video games. Oh how we bragged. We soon realized our business had many areas that it could fail so we read about "PP Disclaimers" and invented one of our own.. Stating that any payment sent was guaranteeing services were rendered and couldn't be revoked, blah blah blah.

Well after doing this for two or three months we finally were punked. Some guy initiated a PP chargeback and we were hosed. We tried arguing with PP over email but they just kept stating that you may not use PP for digital services or something like that and that our disclaimer was thus void. Talk about feeling betrayed. So I drained my PP account before they determined the results of the investigation and was like -$250.

Eventually PP starts sending me threatening emails about Collections and crap, I freak out, delete 'em, and then they call my house one night two or three months after being delinquent. They ask for Mr. %%%%%%%, so my mom gives the phone to dad. Dad's like.. "What? What's PP? I don't owe you anything, I've never heard of this stuff." So then they ask if he's Brad.. and yeah. Parents tell them I'm 14, Paypal's like WTF? Fraud! Mom's prepaid lawyer handles things, explains I was negligent and they drop the charges. I keep my money and in turn have been blacklisted by Paypal since.

BradisBrad said:   I was blacklisted by Paypal before my 15th birthday.

When I was 13 turning 14 I was pretty big into a mid-size MMORPG. I'm a nerd, it's cool. Was born into a lower-middle income family so anything I really wanted I needed to work for (mowing yards, part-time job, etc). Well, as most nerds know, there is money to be made on MMORPG's by selling items/gear, farming/grinding characters, tedious quests, so on and so forth. So I made a PP account legitimately, even gave my SSN, being that they never requested my DOB. I'm sure, looking back, that somewhere in the terms it dictated that I needed to be at least 18 but at the time I didn't think about that. I sold a few high valued items for $50-$100 and got a taste of something I didn't want to let go of...

Being the crafty nerd I loved to be, I was talking with a friend at school one day and we were just joking around about quitting school and playing video games forever. Sad right? Well we realized we'd have to get jobs, but what if our jobs could BE the video games? We had both made money off of one video game, who's to say there isn't more to be made? So we talk about this idea and finally implement it. We call it Brad and Chad's Leveling Service. We help a few well-known guys out at maybe $4/hour each (This was 2004 and big money for a 14 year old [minimum wage was $5.25]) and establish a reputation for quality/fast service which we accomplish after school and on weekends.

Pretty soon we implement my windower program and now I'm able to run 4 clients at once and now I'm not making $4/hour, but $16/hour. More than my mom. We had our business! We felt like kings.. being played great wages to play video games. Oh how we bragged. We soon realized our business had many areas that it could fail so we read about "PP Disclaimers" and invented one of our own.. Stating that any payment sent was guaranteeing services were rendered and couldn't be revoked, blah blah blah.

Well after doing this for two or three months we finally were punked. Some guy initiated a PP chargeback and we were hosed. We tried arguing with PP over email but they just kept stating that you may not use PP for digital services or something like that and that our disclaimer was thus void. Talk about feeling betrayed. So I drained my PP account before they determined the results of the investigation and was like -$250.

Eventually PP starts sending me threatening emails about Collections and crap, I freak out, delete 'em, and then they call my house one night two or three months after being delinquent. They ask for Mr. %%%%%%%, so my mom gives the phone to dad. Dad's like.. "What? What's PP? I don't owe you anything, I've never heard of this stuff." So then they ask if he's Brad.. and yeah. Parents tell them I'm 14, Paypal's like WTF? Fraud! Mom's prepaid lawyer handles things, explains I was negligent and they drop the charges. I keep my money and in turn have been blacklisted by Paypal since.

Reality was PayPal realized you were sub 18 and couldn't legally enforce any binding contract against you. Also props for the entrepreneurial spirit.

I think I got owned by Suntrust. Can't open a checking account and get a Delta debit card. Fraud sent a letter stating that they could shut down my account anytime for any reason. Went to investigate at a branch. Big capital letters "DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT". Not sure why. It seems like others have had their accounts shut down right after they got it created. Maybe all of us have a lot of new Chase Credit Cards on our credit when Suntrust soft pulls

I got blacklisted by Penfed for being 30 days late on my mortgage. Long story, basically got divorced and didn't pay last 2 mortgage payments before the house sold (loan fully paid off). Penfed canceled my Visa and AMEX, balance was paid off monthly and never late. I get the reasoning, but I've had two mortgages, a car loan and CCs with them for 8 years.

EdMcK515 said:   BradisBrad said:   ..my long post..
Reality was PayPal realized you were sub 18 and couldn't legally enforce any binding contract against you. Also props for the entrepreneurial spirit.

Thanks! The weirdest part was my parents never questioned what money I was using to buy my first car with. This was before events came to light. Could have been drug trafficking or pimping for all they knew.

Had a couple dozen AMEX cards - I ran my entire business on AMEX. Then my kid got sick and I didn't have time for the business. Then I went thru BK for kid's medical expenses and because his medical ID was stolen and the only way to get rid of the bogus med charges was BK. Got a nasty letter from AMEX saying to go away and never come back. Haven't felt like trying for another AMEX. Don't really care.

BradisBrad said:   EdMcK515 said:   BradisBrad said:   ..my long post..

Thanks! The weirdest part was my parents never questioned what money I was using to buy my first car with. This was before events came to light. Could have been drug trafficking or pimping for all they knew.
I bought items on the D3 real-money auction house and I have been deeply ashamed of myself for the last three days.

Crazytree said:   BradisBrad said:   EdMcK515 said:   BradisBrad said:   ..my long post..

I bought items on the D3 real-money auction house and I have been deeply ashamed of myself for the last three days.

I made a low five figure income playing EQ1 while I was in college. Was nice to make up around 10 bucks a hour, and get to pick what hours you worked. Some people go crazy and spend tons of money on char/coin in those games.

Chase does in fact blacklist people.

concededpenguin said:   Anyone care to speculate on whether Chase blacklisted me? I'm ready to apply for some Chase cards and saw this thread.

Got a Chase like 10 years ago, used it as usual, no rewards/BTs/etc. In late-2008 I missed a few payments in a row and they closed my account. Set up a payment plan with them in Feb 09 and made like $110 on-time payments to them for a few years until the card was paid off. Now my FICO credit score is up to 730 and the Chase account was paid off. I emailed them and they even removed the tradeline from my credit reports with no trouble.

I'd like to app for a Chase Sapphire but it's not going to be worth the hard pull on my credit report if I'm blacklisted by Chase anyways. Anyone care to speculate? Should I just call a Chase backdoor number and see if they'll tell me if my "previous unsatisfactory history" will ding me from having a Chase card?

You have paid your bills. Sounds like you are on their angel's list.

concededpenguin said:   Anyone care to speculate on whether Chase blacklisted me? I'm ready to apply for some Chase cards and saw this thread.

Got a Chase like 10 years ago, used it as usual, no rewards/BTs/etc. In late-2008 I missed a few payments in a row and they closed my account. Set up a payment plan with them in Feb 09 and made like $110 on-time payments to them for a few years until the card was paid off. Now my FICO credit score is up to 730 and the Chase account was paid off. I emailed them and they even removed the tradeline from my credit reports with no trouble.

I'd like to app for a Chase Sapphire but it's not going to be worth the hard pull on my credit report if I'm blacklisted by Chase anyways. Anyone care to speculate? Should I just call a Chase backdoor number and see if they'll tell me if my "previous unsatisfactory history" will ding me from having a Chase card?

Welcome to the banned list. Good luck ever opening a card again. I'm going on over 3 years, one app per year and all summarily denied. closing in on an 800 FICO. When I call for reconsideration they sound very helpful at first, come back after a brief hold and stone wall me.

Sorry to hear that!

How long will this 'previous unsatisfactory history' stay in effect? life time ? I just passed the 4-year anniversory but my last applicaton is still turned down.. I am wondering anyone has 'ever' had a successful story at all? Or should I just give it up for the rest of my life.

susieling said:   How long will this 'previous unsatisfactory history' stay in effect? life time ? I just passed the 4-year anniversory but my last applicaton is still turned down.. I am wondering anyone has 'ever' had a successful story at all? Or should I just give it up for the rest of my life.

Without details such as the company , reason you were blacklisted, etc you won't get a helpful response. Some people get blacklisted just for applying for too many bonus promotions, some people get blacklisted bc they didn't repay a $50,000 cc debt.

Some banks will approve you again if you just dispute the closed accounts off the credit report

If you filed bk or caused them a loss it might be permanent.

Some banks have programs to get back in their good graces if you agree to repay what they charged off

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   susieling said:   How long will this 'previous unsatisfactory history' stay in effect? life time ? I just passed the 4-year anniversory but my last applicaton is still turned down.. I am wondering anyone has 'ever' had a successful story at all? Or should I just give it up for the rest of my life.

Without details such as the company , reason you were blacklisted, etc you won't get a helpful response. Some people get blacklisted just for applying for too many bonus promotions, some people get blacklisted bc they didn't repay a $50,000 cc debt.

Some banks will approve you again if you just dispute the closed accounts off the credit report

If you filed bk or caused them a loss it might be permanent.

Some banks have programs to get back in their good graces if you agree to repay what they charged off

Oh, thanks for following up. In fact I have no idea why I am blacklisted (I really wish I knew ) -- i paid over my cards on time and never late for any payment, and I only had a few personal cards with Chase. But all of sudden in 2008, all my cards (including the one I used almost every day) are closed. I called but offered no explanation. Tried 'writing to the executive; talking to branch manager;. called many times to various department.. " no help. I also opened a saving account with Chase ever since then, and had kept more than 10k balance per month, but still got rejected every time when I try to apply for a new card with the stupid "previous unsatisfactory history"... I am now start to wondering maybe it is time for me to give up hope completely on fixing this mystery up...

BTW, if there is a possible reason for the forced closing, the only thing I can think of is that I took advantage of those 0% ARP prom during those golden time, but I did remember to pay off on time.. And I never thought this could put me in life time jail at Chase..

It's been documented here before that some of the 0% arbitrage people got blacklisted with Chase, other not, probably has something to do with the amount that was borrowed.

I had all my chase accounts shut down during the days of the AARP card. A couple of months later I received a call saying all my accounts would be reopened and I would be paid the money they owed me for the accrued reward points, but they ended up just paying for the points and said they would not actually reopen my accounts. Well it's around 8 months later, I recently moved, and my credit score is up like 80 points so I figured I would try throwing in an app with Chase, but I was denied for "previous unsatisfactory relationship with this bank." This confirms what I expected - blacklisted.

Has anyone tried applying for a Business Credit Card after being blacklisted by Chase? I've been blacklisted for about 4 years now and every personal app has been declined due to "unsatisfactory prior relationship". I got an EIN number (Sole-Proprietorship), so I was thinking of maybe applying for business credit, although they require a personal guarantee with my SSN. Maybe it won't be flagged? Anyone tried this route? I'd rather not waste another inquiry...

My blacklist with Chase CC lasted about 2 years. I opened a checking account during that period to try be on good terms with them. I'm not sure if that made a difference.

Anyone remember the "glitch" at AMEX that allowed you to raise your own CL? Well, lets just say I am no longer welcome at AMEX.

^^ It might be something else. Me and DW both did the online "CLI on Crack" but ultimately AMEX caught it ( I have added an authorized user who has crappy credit) and cut down our limits to $500 from $24500. Since then we were able to open several credit cards (recently SPG personal and Biz) under our names and AMEX seems to have no problems.

JuNooNi said:   ^^ It might be something else. Me and DW both did the online "CLI on Crack" but ultimately AMEX caught it ( I have added an authorized user who has crappy credit) and cut down our limits to $500 from $24500. Since then we were able to open several credit cards (recently SPG personal and Biz) under our names and AMEX seems to have no problems.
That was fun too... This was a little worse, you could literally double your credit line once a week. Got a bit greedy and had a total of $500k in credit lines in my name.

vipercon said:   JuNooNi said:   ^^ It might be something else. Me and DW both did the online "CLI on Crack" but ultimately AMEX caught it ( I have added an authorized user who has crappy credit) and cut down our limits to $500 from $24500. Since then we were able to open several credit cards (recently SPG personal and Biz) under our names and AMEX seems to have no problems.
That was fun too... This was a little worse, you could literally double your credit line once a week. Got a bit greedy and had a total of $500k in credit lines in my name.

500K and you say a bit greedy

nowhere as exciting as others (since I'm sure if it counts as a blacklist...) the in-store cash registers in Office Depot hate me returning anything purchased online (haven't tried anything purchased in-store after that one time seeing the screen say "too many returns") Honestly, this was from buying the FAR software from OD online (I needed to convert rewards) and if i find the rebate is not to my liking (like if it's one of those nova rebates, or Webroot, or a strange "upgrade" rebate...or to be honest, I wanted to get free shipping and they didn't have the software in-store) However, I am able still to return items over the phone (they send a ups sticker for pickup)

I am washing Bluebird, vanilla gift cards, vanilla reloads, balance transfers, atm to money orders, target AMEX, serve, Amazon payments, and something else I can't remember-oh yeah, OfficeMax gift cards-no ban so far, but hope to be a member soon of both chase, citi, and AMEX. Please hold a spot on the roster for me.
edit
thanks for the reds

emgeecee said:   It's been documented here before that some of the 0% arbitrage people got blacklisted with Chase, other not, probably has something to do with the amount that was borrowed.

Yeah, I'm in that boat. Did three personal and three business (all first cards with Chase). All with 0%, some with sign up bonus. Literally the day they were all paid off, Chase shut me down and blacklisted me. Unsatisfactory is always given as the reason. It's been four or five years now, is there a number I should call or address to write that I might have a chance of being brought back from the dead?

watchtower7 said:   I am washing Bluebird, vanilla gift cards, vanilla reloads, balance transfers, atm to money orders, target AMEX, serve, Amazon payments, and something else I can't remember-oh yeah, OfficeMax gift cards-no ban so far, but hope to be a member soon of both chase, citi, and AMEX. Please hold a spot on the roster for me.
edit
thanks for the reds
I'm doing the first half of your list (BB, VGC, VR, BT) and got hit with a FR by AMEX. Can't tell if it's because of the BB/VR activity or a jump in BTs from 0 to 25k in less than 6 months. Looking to get out of the BT game (as they were basically just loans backed by my illiquid assets) and just collect points via BB/VR.

I'm 99% certain that I'm blacklisted by Citi. I churned their AA cards, probably 30 of them, and now can't get approved for any of their cards.

i missed the citi churns sounds delightful.
not done any bt with AMEX i should last awhile...

watchtower7 said:   i missed the citi churns sounds delightful.
not done any bt with AMEX i should last awhile...
No, I don't mean BT onto AMEX. I don't carry balances on my AMEXes, no good BT deals. These are chase and discover BTs.

Havent heard of a blacklist after you paid off like that. Dont bother calling. That will be a dead end. Wait 6 months and apply for a new card. More than likely you will be ok. Blacklists are way overplayed here by some. Even them dumping you donesnt mean blacklisted. That is what is weird.

wzbus said:   BingBlangBlaow said:   wzbus said:   Blacklisted from Best Buy online:

i use a competitor

2+2??

That would be my nightmare. bl form best buy LOL. Now if I got BL from Amazon, that owuld be a nightmare.

Rob

Has anyone actualy get out of blacklist successfully? What strategy did you use?

freejunkmail said:   Has anyone actualy get out of blacklist successfully? What strategy did you use?

anybody have any issues with capital one?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014