• Text Only
I have a $10k cashier's check that I needed to pay down my Citi CC. It was made out to AlpineWhite instead of Citibank. So, I walk into a Citi branch.

AlpineWhite: I need to pay this CC with this Cashier's Check.
Citi: I can't do that because this Cashier's Check is made out to you. We can deposit it into your account, then, xfer the money to your CC.
AW: I no longer have an account with you guys (remember the bank funding days?)
C: We can open an account for you if you wish
AW: May I close it immediately after the xfer has been made?
C: Um. I guess
AW: I guess I can keep the account open. It will be dormant, though.
C: I won't open the account if you plan to close it immediately.
AW: Go ahead and open it. I won't close it (in my mind, for another week, lol)

New Account rep proceeds and asks me for my SSN. She types it in and leaves. A minute later, the Branch Manager talks to me while looking at a piece of paper.

BM: Mr AlpineWhite, we can't open an account for you. Something here is preventing us from doing so.
AW: Do I have bad credit? Was it Chex-System?
BM: Neither. It just says that we can't open an account for you.

I smiled and walked away with my Cashier's Check. I guess the blacklist from the bank-funding days is still haunting me. Lol.

Blackballer: Trilegiant

Notice Method: Postal love letter from them; kept to this day.

Reason: Apparently, I had developed a talent for cancelling their trial subscriptions and did so one too many times in a row using multiple credit cards as distinct concurrent 'accounts'.

Effect: No more free money from them for some years now. I do miss it, but they paid me well already. On the up side, they stopped spamming me with offers.

Chase closed all my accounts in 2008 - can’t remember how many accounts I had - I believe 6 or so between personal and business. Was only using 1 card and paying balance in full every month. I applied and received a Slate card in 2011 without issue.

Recently did a mini-AOR and applied for 1 personal and 2 business cards from Chase. All 3 required review - called recon - the personal (Sapphire Preferred) was approved, but the two business cards were rejected due to a “previous unsatisfactory relationship with Chase.”

VivYip said:   nowhere as exciting as others (since I'm sure if it counts as a blacklist...) the in-store cash registers in Office Depot hate me returning anything purchased online (haven't tried anything purchased in-store after that one time seeing the screen say "too many returns") Honestly, this was from buying the FAR software from OD online (I needed to convert rewards) and if i find the rebate is not to my liking (like if it's one of those nova rebates, or Webroot, or a strange "upgrade" rebate...or to be honest, I wanted to get free shipping and they didn't have the software in-store) However, I am able still to return items over the phone (they send a ups sticker for pickup)

So if you buy from OD online and return in store , you are given CashBack, or credit on Visa/master/AMEX instead of rewards ?

Might currently be blacklisted from AZ
When I try to log in:
There was a problem with your request
There was an error with your E-Mail/Password combination. Please try again.
Tried the "forgot your password" link. They emailed me to reset it. I clicked the link in the email and reset it, which it confirmed. Then tried to log in again and got the same original message. This started yesterday. No email or call from them. I may or may not have been purchasing some small email gift cards from them, but absolutely not anything HH like (like a few per day for a few weeks; working on ramping up).
Hi AZ!

Edit: Well I just ordered this:
CAPTKEN28 said:   Scared of Options...read this..its free this weekend only!
http://www.amazon.com/Option-Greeks-Plain-English-ebook/dp/B00AW...

Was able to complete the purchase and received an email about my order. Clicked on the link in the email about the order. Was asked to enter password, and it worked and I saw the order detail. Then clicked on my orders again, was asked to enter my password, and then I got the original error alert again.

So I think I have a pulse with getting back in Chase's good grace. Tried the backdoor phone number for reconsideration and it sounded like I was approved and they needed 24 hours to decide on the limit (crossing fingers it won't be a "sorry dude" call when they realize I was a horrible unprofitable 0% balance transfer payer offer). For anybody that's made it back, how gentle were you with Chase once you were back in? One little card... two little cards.... three little cards?

recklessmax said:   VivYip said:   nowhere as exciting as others (since I'm sure if it counts as a blacklist...) the in-store cash registers in Office Depot hate me returning anything purchased online (haven't tried anything purchased in-store after that one time seeing the screen say "too many returns") Honestly, this was from buying the FAR software from OD online (I needed to convert rewards) and if i find the rebate is not to my liking (like if it's one of those nova rebates, or Webroot, or a strange "upgrade" rebate...or to be honest, I wanted to get free shipping and they didn't have the software in-store) However, I am able still to return items over the phone (they send a ups sticker for pickup)

So if you buy from OD online and return in store , you are given CashBack, or credit on Visa/master/AMEX instead of rewards ?

you are given a regular gift card (that unlike a rewards, a regular GC has no expiration date)

BingBlangBlaow said:   Might currently be blacklisted from AZ
When I try to log in:
There was a problem with your request
There was an error with your E-Mail/Password combination. Please try again.
Tried the "forgot your password" link. They emailed me to reset it. I clicked the link in the email and reset it, which it confirmed. Then tried to log in again and got the same original message. This started yesterday. No email or call from them. I may or may not have been purchasing some small email gift cards from them, but absolutely not anything HH like (like a few per day for a few weeks; working on ramping up).
Hi AZ!

I emailed them and they reset it to allow me to login, but same thing happened when I tried to purchase gift cards again. I think they are cracking down on the small gift card purchases.

Chase blacklist sounds awful. So far I've dodged that bullet despite thousands of dollars in signup bonuses and CashBack. Maybe because I maintain a banking relationship and never close CC accounts (only deposit accts). I'm now doing a mini app-o-rama and have 37k from chase slate. Any tips on getting the BT w/o AA? I'm planning to rack up balances on other cards first and then BT to chase.

maddybeagle said:   I emailed them and they reset it to allow me to login, but same thing happened when I tried to purchase gift cards again. I think they are cracking down on the small gift card purchases.Thanks for the info. If they don't like it, I don't understand why they don't just increase the minimum. I've never really been able to come up with a good reason for why they have such a low minimum anyway. Well, from their perspective anyway. I also find it ironic that a few weeks ago, I got an email from them that says:
Amazon.com has new recommendations for you based on items you purchased or told us you own.
Amazon.com Gift Cards - Print at Home
by Amazon
$0.15 - $2,000.00

So they told me to buy more, based on my previous purchase, and now it appears they are upset about it.

freejunkmail said:   Has anyone actualy get out of blacklist successfully? What strategy did you use?
I successfully got out of a Chase blacklist from a7 year old CO of a CC I consigned on (major lesson learned). In short, I have 800+ FICOs, tons of positive trade lines, and took 7 years, great history, and plenty of recon calls to the under writers.

chuckebrown said:   Chase closed all my accounts in 2008 - can’t remember how many accounts I had - I believe 6 or so between personal and business. Was only using 1 card and paying balance in full every month. I applied and received a Slate card in 2011 without issue.

Recently did a mini-AOR and applied for 1 personal and 2 business cards from Chase. All 3 required review - called recon - the personal (Sapphire Preferred) was approved, but the two business cards were rejected due to a “previous unsatisfactory relationship with Chase.”

Lucky you. I have been banned and is still on the blacklist by Chase from early 2008. it is almost 5 years. I'll give a try right after the 5 year mark and see how it goes.

You mean you are off from the list? I saw your old post saying you wrote a letter a Chase. Did it help? Did Chase reply to you?

alpinewhite said:   My blacklist with Chase CC lasted about 2 years. I opened a checking account during that period to try be on good terms with them. I'm not sure if that made a difference.
You mean you are off from the list? I saw your old post saying you wrote a letter a Chase. Did it help? Did Chase reply to you?

I'm blacklisted from Macy's credit cards. For a couple years, I purchased Macy's gift cards on eBay for a significant discount. Usually $500 cards for around $400. Then I would use the gift card to purchase items online (with free shipping). Then once I received the items, I returned them in the store, and had the amount put on my Macy's card. Once the next statement cut, I'd request a credit balance refund check, and they would send one out in about 7 days. Easy money...such a shame.

barsotti0 said:   I'm blacklisted from Macy's credit cards. For a couple years, I purchased Macy's gift cards on eBay for a significant discount. Usually $500 cards for around $400. Then I would use the gift card to purchase items online (with free shipping). Then once I received the items, I returned them in the store, and had the amount put on my Macy's card. Once the next statement cut, I'd request a credit balance refund check, and they would send one out in about 7 days. Easy money...such a shame.

How long (how much) did it take for them to catch on to that one?

got blacklisted by equifax. my file was frozen 5 years ago after I kept disputing balances (they were off by at least 1 penny on the date of report). Also got blacklisted for doing trial/cancel creditwatch endlessly. Can't sign up for that any more

To this date my equifax credit report is frozen in time. Everyone who pulls it sees a TON of credit and $0 balances , so they won't give me any credit. lol.

Not a battle I feel like fighting..

Just got blacklisted by Staples - took me by surprise. I own and operate a 3PL and reshipping business, so I ordered a few things from Staples for resale - I have a reseller's permit so I applied for a tax exempt card. Their tax exempt dept got back to me and asked me to mail documentation such as my permit, list of items I would be purchasing, etc. I know that Best Buy has a policy of not selling to resellers, so I asked the rep on the phone if this is ok, and he mentioned that as long as I have a resale permit, it's fine.

Few days and orders later, my orders start getting cancelled. Call them, and the CSR replied with a "You're a reseller, so we can't ship stuff to you". Ok, thanks for wasting my time, idiots.

I get that stores blacklist customers who misuse coupons/rebates, etc.. but I don't understand why they would blacklist if there is no discounts being used. I could just walk into a local Staples store and buy the same things.. so what difference does it make?

alpinewhite said:   I have a $10k cashier's check that I needed to pay down my Citi CC. It was made out to AlpineWhite instead of Citibank. So, I walk into a Citi branch.

Citi: I can't do that because this Cashier's Check is made out to you. We can deposit it into your account, then, xfer the money to your CC.

New Account rep proceeds and asks me for my SSN. She types it in and leaves. A minute later, the Branch Manager talks to me while looking at a piece of paper.

BM: Mr AlpineWhite, we can't open an account for you. Something here is preventing us from doing so.

I smiled and walked away with my Cashier's Check. I guess the blacklist from the bank-funding days is still haunting me. Lol.
can you cash the check at another bank?

It has been 5 years since all my chase personal and biz cards were closed. I recently received a preapproval letter of Chase United biz card. I pulled the trigger again on 2-12 and my credit monitor shows chase pulled both Equifax and Experian on 2-12.

CHASE 02/12/2013 Equifax
CHASE BANK NA 02/12/2013 Experian

I received the letter today dated 2-13:

unable to approve your request due to "previous unsatisfactory relationship with this bank". I just called 1800-453-9719 and the csr took around 5 min and came back with a firm no for the same bs reason on the letter.

I will probably give another try next year.

bobopig1 said:   It has been 5 years since all my chase personal and biz cards were closed. I recently received a preapproval letter of Chase United biz card. I pulled the trigger again on 2-12 and my credit monitor shows chase pulled both Equifax and Experian on 2-12.
I received the letter today dated 2-13.

unable to approve your request due to "previous unsatisfactory relationship with this bank". I just called 1800-453-9719 and the csr took around 5 min and came back with a firm no for the same bs reason on the letter.

What are you in for? How hard this you hit the bank?

KYBOSH said:   bobopig1 said:   It has been 5 years since all my chase personal and biz cards were closed. I recently received a preapproval letter of Chase United biz card. I pulled the trigger again on 2-12 and my credit monitor shows chase pulled both Equifax and Experian on 2-12.
I received the letter today dated 2-13.

What are you in for? How hard this you hit the bank?

just did some BT in 2008 like most folks on this board, around 100k from chase cards.

toooooldmm said:   alpinewhite said:   My blacklist with Chase CC lasted about 2 years. I opened a checking account during that period to try be on good terms with them. I'm not sure if that made a difference.
I don't remember writing Chase a letter. I just used the checking accounts (1 business, 1 personal) I opened as normally as I could. Then, just before AARP ended, I applied for it. I used that as normally as possible as well (no shenanigans). Now, Chase and I are buddies

goku2 said:   alpinewhite said:   I have a $10k cashier's check that I needed to pay down my Citi CC. It was made out to AlpineWhite instead of Citibank. So, I walk into a Citi branch.

can you cash the check at another bank?

Yes, I ended up depositing it at my other buddy bank, Chase.

Not necessarily blacklisted (just funny, IMO), but was buying a pretty small amount of MO (since I'm *slowly* moving and don't have a ton of time) at WM and the lady wanted my info to fill out a suspicious activity report because I was using multiple debit cards. When I inquired as to why because I was buying under X and she said "You're intentionally doing what you are allowed to do, so that is suspicious. Also it violates the Patriot Act."

Guess I'll stay away from that WM for a couple days.

There are several WMs that will not conduct any moneycenter transactions with me anymore. I don't care if they fill out forms. I always show them my ID and even brought in my SS card after they requested, but out of the blue they told me I am unwelcome. I'm also not allowed to use their ATM. Life goes on.

SpeedingLunatic said:   There are several WMs that will not conduct any moneycenter transactions with me anymore. I don't care if they fill out forms. I always show them my ID and even brought in my SS card after they requested, but out of the blue they told me I am unwelcome. I'm also not allowed to use their ATM. Life goes on.

I considered going over the the ATM and buying 10X more in MOs than I was trying to buy, but I hadn't had dinner yet and didn't want to deal with cops if they decided that was necessary to fight terrorism.

WalMart is not the only strip joint in town fellas. You can get MOs with debit at almost any spot that sells MOs.
Why you guys are dry humping WM i will never understand...

KYBOSH said:   WalMart is not the only strip joint in town fellas. You can get MOs with debit at almost any spot that sells MOs.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I do it because it saves a trip. If I go to WalMart to load BB, and load GB, and do some shopping, why not also buy MOs when you've exhausted your other options for those other cards/accounts that have money? Why should I go somewhere else for MOs unless they were free or something?

I find Chase is very unforgiving especially when they lose a lot of money. I had an old Mobil credit card through Chase back in 2006-7 time frame before Exxon merged everything at Citi. July 2007 USPS split my zip code and Chase failed to run the zip+4 updates. About same time I didn't use the card for 4 months then used it. Next thing I know is I get a collections call from Citi about a past due amount. Figure out they screwed up on zip code change but would not remove late payment on credit report or late payment fees. I got a little upset and called one of the postal inspectors I know who checked and Chase failed to up date any zip code changes in June or December 2007 as required for the presorted 1st class discount. Long story made short Chase had to pay about $500k in additional postage for unauthorized use of presorted first class, a $250K penalty, plus $100k criminal fine and was ordered to remove the late payment from my credit record. 5 1/2 years later I still get rejected for an unsatisfactory banking relationship when I do my annual Amazon Visa application. Got my latest rejection 3 weeks ago.

nsdp said:   I find Chase is very unforgiving especially when they lose a lot of money. I had an old Mobil credit card through Chase back in 2006-7 time frame before Exxon merged everything at Citi. July 2007 USPS split my zip code and Chase failed to run the zip+4 updates. About same time I didn't use the card for 4 months then used it. Next thing I know is I get a collections call from Citi about a past due amount. Figure out they screwed up on zip code change but would not remove late payment on credit report or late payment fees. I got a little upset and called one of the postal inspectors I know who checked and Chase failed to up date any zip code changes in June or December 2007 as required for the presorted 1st class discount. Long story made short Chase had to pay about $500k in additional postage for unauthorized use of presorted first class, a $250K penalty, plus $100k criminal fine and was ordered to remove the late payment from my credit record. 5 1/2 years later I still get rejected for an unsatisfactory banking relationship when I do my annual Amazon Visa application. Got my latest rejection 3 weeks ago.

Wait, why are you applying for the Amazon Visa?

KYBOSH said:   WalMart is not the only strip joint in town fellas. You can get MOs with debit at almost any spot that sells MOs.

I buy them from everywhere else too.

I have no other cheap options for $1000 MO's in my area but an abundance of WM's.

My previous blacklist from Chase prevented me from getting an Amazon Visa (serviced by Chase).

In the area I live, two major grocers who does MO strictly requires cash only. One drugstores requires cash only.

Was on Chase blacklist for about 2 years from AARP stuff. Yesterday, I got a Chase Ink Business card after multiple attempts to get business and personal cards from them since I was shutdown.

pwm112 said:   Was on Chase blacklist for about 2 years from AARP stuff. Yesterday, I got a Chase Ink Business card after multiple attempts to get business and personal cards from them since I was shutdown.

Did you apply under an EIN? was your business established for a long time? Or just as a sole proprietorship with your SSN? Did you have any other business with Chase that may have factored in (large deposit)?

used an EIN - that I had used before and was denied post blacklist - also need to provide SSN. No other business with Chase since the list

pwm112 said:   Was on Chase blacklist for about 2 years from AARP stuff. Yesterday, I got a Chase Ink Business card after multiple attempts to get business and personal cards from them since I was shutdown.

What was your situation? Did you change anything? Do you have a checking account with Chase? Did you deposit $10k? Or did you just apply over and over? If so how many times did you apply and how many rejections did you get before getting approved?

Blacklisted by Virgin Mobile USA for ordering about 40 phones in a two month period. They were unhappy that I ordered so many. Shame for them because another site like fatwallet still paid me out for the rebates even though the orders were cancelled!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014