• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Card
Disclaimer
Did a search and didn't see this posted.

Make Discover Card your primary credit card. Then call 1-866-645-1436 between 2/1/11-3/1/11 and tell us you'd like to take advantage of this offer. We'll give you $250 CashBack Bonus if you spend $1,500 or more on your Discover card each calendar month from March 2011-July 2011.

Any amount of $1,500 or more each calendar month qualifies you to earn $250 CashBack Bonus.

*Make sure that you have $1,500 posted by the end of the month.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts

lxc1227 (Apr. 11, 2011 @ 1:32p) |

This is what I see what I click on "Send Money Now". So this service is unavailable to me.

lxc1227 (Apr. 11, 2011 @ 1:55p) |

Once again, my new offer is the same as Technologist's with one month lag - May through December.

Being qualified for Dis... (more)

neophyte (Apr. 19, 2011 @ 12:52a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.Text
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

FYI, this is a targeted offer. If you didn't get the offer in the mail, YMMV.

HK is correct... this is targeted offer.
If you don't get the mail, you won't be qualified. Me+gf have 2 different discover cards (same address). Last year (same deal), she got the mail , I did not. I called discover to enroll my card but cs told me I don't show up in their list.

I didnt qualify..she said it was for low spenders only...anyone know if we can have two discover cards ? one for high use and one for low use

Nostradamus said:   I didnt qualify..she said it was for low spenders only...anyone know if we can have two discover cards ? one for high use and one for low use

I did request for a replacement card because I wanted a new design and this came with it.

Am I correct in assuming that this $250 bonus is on top of/in addition to the standard 5% CashBack?

If so, this is HOT! It will net 8.333% CashBack on $7500 spending.

And here I thought I was all done with buying coins from the Mint.

Lefty421 said:   Am I correct in assuming that this $250 bonus is on top of/in addition to the standard 5% CashBack?

If so, this is HOT! It will net 8.333% CashBack on $7500 spending.

And here I thought I was all done with buying coins from the Mint.
The CSR I spoke with today when signing up stated that it would be in addition to the 5%bonus categories. You probably won't be able to get that return on the full $7500, though, because of Discover's low limits:
Mch Travel/Restaurants $800 (less whatever you've spent to date in this category)
Mch: Supermarkets $200
Apl-June: Home/Dept Store/Fashion ?
Jly: Gas/Hotels: ?

Still not bad for Discover, though.

too bad my daycare does not take discover, otherwise I would be all over this....oh well
I hope other card issuers copy this promo asap

i called the number and nothing listed for my account and they said they cant just add me to the offer as its targeted for certain accounts only.........

I'm a relatively low spender with them - just 5% CB and ShopDiscover, so I'll need to keep my eyes open. 3.58% would get my attention.

cant spend that much each month... pass on..

DW got this one in the mail today, but it's $500 CashBack after $3000 spent 6 consecutive months. The offer is clear that the $500 is on top of any other regular or bonus CashBack earned. The $500 for 18k spent is almost 3% right off the top, and with another 1.5% added in for regular CashBack + capped bonus CashBack this becomes a real good offer. We're in...and I'm hoping I get one for myself.

prasyell7 said:   cant spend that much each month... pass on..

We just wrapped up a targeted Chase Southwest promo which gave double free flights for every $19200 in spend up to $96000 during a 12 month period. I was able to earn a Companion Pass as a result of this promo, and combined with all the free flights and drinks, I valued my return around 4.5%. To boost our spending I was happy to pay chargesmart.com a 2.5% fee to pay my mortgage and car payment with our WN Chase CC. Chargesmart also allows you to pay student loan and utility bills with your CC. You may be able to spend more on your card than you think, and if the right CC deal comes along it may make good sense.

CCLeech said:   DW got this one in the mail today, but it's $500 CashBack after $3000 spent 6 consecutive months. The offer is clear that the $500 is on top of any other regular or bonus CashBack earned. The $500 for 18k spent is almost 3% right off the top, and with another 1.5% added in for regular CashBack + capped bonus CashBack this becomes a real good offer. We're in...and I'm hoping I get one for myself.

prasyell7 said:   cant spend that much each month... pass on..

I got this one too but mine is only for 5 months. $3k spending over a 5 month period = add'l $500 CashBack. I hate that you have to call though. Why can't I just sing up online? I just really despise calling these places.

My offer was real bad: Spend $3,000 per MONTH from Feb THROUGH Sept to get $500 CB Bonus!

Passed on it...

Technologist said:   My offer was real bad: Spend $3,000 per MONTH from Feb THROUGH Sept to get $500 CB Bonus!

Passed on it...
My offer is the same as Technologist's - $500 for $3,000 monthly from March till October. That's 500/24,000=2.08% extra over regular Discover CB.

I'll also pass, reward is too low, and $3000 for 8 months requires too much precise planning, worth even less considering that Chase offer now 5% flat AARP card for 6 months with no strings attached.

Wow I thought mine wasn't worth it when it was 3k a month from March to July only 4 months. It works out to 4% + 1% which isn't bad but 3k is rough for me to spend. Even tho I do Mint purchases, its tough to fit 3k in a month. I rather not risk not being billed on time and fitting it in exactly.

Wife got this offer and called to accept it. We spend anywhere from $1500 to $4000 each month in credit card charges; trouble is many places still don't accept Discover.

If you use Amazon payments, you should have no problem clearing the first $1,000. Reaching the remaining $500 shouldnt be a problem.

i got the offer in the thread title ($250 bonus for $1500/month).

too bad i dont spend $1500/month on credit cards
if only my mortgage took credit card payments...

Do we know if Discover uses "posting date" or "purchase date" to tally monthly amount?

lxc1227 said:   Do we know if Discover uses "posting date" or "purchase date" to tally monthly amount?

Posting date

Buy gift cards at giftcardrescue.com or cardpool.com

repost, just do a search for "discover"...
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1070730/

depalma13 said:   lxc1227 said:   Do we know if Discover uses "posting date" or "purchase date" to tally monthly amount?

Posting date

Are you sure its the posting date? Where did you hear or see that? I actually thought it was posting date also, but I just did a chat with a Discover customer service rep. and they said it was transaction date. I doubt they are wrong, but I am kind of hoping so.

I just checked my Discover statements all transactions in the last 3 months -- all except one the 2 dates are the same. So it should matter much.

soapylover said:   depalma13 said:   lxc1227 said:   Do we know if Discover uses "posting date" or "purchase date" to tally monthly amount?

Posting date

Are you sure its the posting date? Where did you hear or see that? I actually thought it was posting date also, but I just did a chat with a Discover customer service rep. and they said it was transaction date. I doubt they are wrong, but I am kind of hoping so.

According to the letter it is the posting date.

Technologist said:   My offer was real bad: Spend $3,000 per MONTH from Feb THROUGH Sept to get $500 CB Bonus!

Passed on it...

My NEWoffer was the same, and just as bad: Spend $3,000 per MONTH from April THROUGH November to get $500 CB Bonus!

This time I called them, and told them the offer was insane! I said I "Know" people that don't use their card and are getting offers that are half mine (250 for 1200 spend for 4 months).

The CSR had the balls to say "you don't spend 3k a month?". I told him I didn't want to give Discover $24K in business and hope to not make a mistake in order to make an extra 500. I told him to put a note in my file that if the next offer was the same, not to waste the stamp...

I also told him that I was gonna give the Discover card a break, to see if they would make a more reasonable offer.

He said thanks for calling, so I hung up!

*May actually sock drawer the Discover for a month.... unless I need to go to Home Depot / Lowes in the next 3 months (april thru june)...

I called to find out it is not based on statements, but amount charged per calendar month. I was worried that I was already disqualified because of my statement cutoff. Agent suggested that I set up the spend analyzer feature within the site to make sure that I qualify.

my offer was 1000/month for $150.

jhopgood said:   I called to find out it is not based on statements, but amount charged per calendar month. I was worried that I was already disqualified because of my statement cutoff. Agent suggested that I set up the spend analyzer feature within the site to make sure that I qualify.

"Returns, Balance Transfers, Cash Advances and Other/Miscellaneous Statement Charges are not included in the Spend Analyzer"

I have a couple credit entries from onStar booked as "Payments and Credits" and they are not included in the Spend Analyzer. How are these "returns" treated in the promotion program?

Also, I don't have any entry with purchase date and posting date fall over 2 different months. Can you confirm whether Spend Analyzer use purchase date or posting date in its monthly calculation?

Anyone tried discover card Money Messenger and the ability to send money via paypal to relatives fee free (up to $500/mo)? Is this similar to Amazon payments? It seems it still counts for CashBack too. Could also be used to meet minimum purchase requirements for promotional CashBack bonuses (i.e. bonus $250 on spending $1500 for six consecutive months, etc.)
https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/p2p/app/start

hanhunk said:   Anyone tried discover card Money Messenger and the ability to send money via paypal to relatives fee free (up to $500/mo)? Is this similar to Amazon payments? It seems it still counts for CashBack too. Could also be used to meet minimum purchase requirements for promotional CashBack bonuses (i.e. bonus $250 on spending $1500 for six consecutive months, etc.)
https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/p2p/app/start

I have no need to use this to reach my spending limit. Reading the fine print and it does sound like a good deal. Currently I use my bank acocunt to load up Paypal and pay for eBay transaction, I might be able to this Money Messenge to wire money to my Paypal account without fees.

6. Fees Charged to Recipient by PayPal

The Recipient may be charged a fee(s) by PayPal, based on the PayPal User Agreement that they agree to when opening their PayPal account. There are no fees to the Recipient for domestic "Friends & Family" transactions. When the Sender selects "Goods & Services" as the transaction type, the Recipient is charged a Purchase Payment fee. Additional fees apply for the Recipient if you are sending or receiving money to or from a country outside the United States, transacting in a foreign currency or if the Recipient converts their money into another currency. The Recipient should refer to their PayPal User Agreement for a complete list and details of applicable fees that may be charged to them by PayPal.

This is what I see what I click on "Send Money Now". So this service is unavailable to me.

We're Sorry

Youve reached your Discover Money Messenger daily limit of $0. You can send money again starting tomorrow.

Technologist said:   
My NEWoffer was the same, and just as bad: Spend $3,000 per MONTH from April THROUGH November to get $500 CB Bonus!
Once again, my new offer is the same as Technologist's with one month lag - May through December.

Being qualified for Discover "Send Money" with $500 monthly limit makes it marginally better - 2.5% over the regular CB.
Still, will pass on this due to a presence of AARP Chase card.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014