• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Isn't the biggest Crown Vic question "How do I remove the bio-hazard stains from the rear passenger compartment?"

There's no smell like perp smell.

BEEFjerKAY said:   Isn't the biggest Crown Vic question "How do I remove the bio-hazard stains from the rear passenger compartment?"

Lol, a friend of mine who's a DC cop has this "great" story about a schizophrenic homeless woman who took a dump all over the back of his patrol car and then made a comment about how she shouldn't have had KFC that day...

secstate said:   I have owned a Crown Vic as a daily driver since 1997 (just about to get rid of it this month). I bought it as a five year old used card (1993 model built in 12/1992) for $8500. It was the second year of the new body style that was used until manufacturing was discontuined. I took it from 62k to 187k miles.

My 1993 was reliable to a point. Personally I'd really look closely at the numbers. I think if you can get a cheap vic then it will make up for the, at best fair gas mileage you will get. I averaged 19 in mixed driving, but then my car was 18 years old though it was about 300-400 pounds lighter than later Vics. Predicting fuel prices is probably a fools errand but with millions of Chinese and Indian's starting to drive I think they are more likely to rise than fall. That wouldn't eliminate a Vic from consideration but it would give me pause for thought.

Oh and as has already been mention the Vic is sooo easy to work on. Lots of space and simple for a modern car. Even if you don't do your own work it will be reflected in the labor you pay.

Thanks. My reason for starting the thread was I saw a 2001 Street Appearance Package P71 Crown Vic with 68,000 Miles on it. Dealer price is $6000. My main concern is the prior department put window tint on it to the point it probably won't pass DC inspection. I had to figure out what it's going to take to remove it. Since I'm going to have to do work on any vehicle I'm going to buy I've been looking at auctions which have much lower cost to acquire.

You are right about having lots of room in the engine compartment. I used to own a 93 Nissan Maxima which allowed me to change the alternator myself. Compared to my sister's 2001 Jetta which looked like a solid block of metal and plastic under the hood and I couldn't even see half the components without taking off a bunch of plastic.

elektronic said:   Compared to my sister's 2001 Jetta which looked like a solid block of metal and plastic under the hood and I couldn't even see half the components without taking off a bunch of plastic.

I swear VW intentionally designs their cars to be difficult to work on so you'll take them to the dealership for their profit motives. I help out a friend with a VW Jetta...it took me something like 45 minutes to swap out a headlight... had to remove all kinds of plastic and ridiculous stuff.

BEEFjerKAY said:   Isn't the biggest Crown Vic question "How do I remove the bio-hazard stains from the rear passenger compartment?"

The departments remove the plastic seats and replace them with the original vinyl when they dispose of the cars. If you think a brand new vinyl seat is a problem, you probably are just prejudiced against the car to start with.

Just poking some good-natured fun, my friend.

I don't care enough about cars to be prejudiced one way or another. And I really don't care what anyone else wants to drive.

Except for SiS, of course. I can never get enough pimp-mobile stories.

Paging chief Mucky Muck - please get a $3-$4k Vic deck it out in full FW regalia. Company car right there. Employee of the month can drive it and people here would cry when it was seen. Make it happen, lets pass a hat!

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   ColbyS said:   I thought the whole Crown Vic thing was a joke.

Gas is going to be $5 soon.

Just sayin.

It's not a joke. It's one of the cheapest, safest , roomiest, and most reliable cars ever made. It's also rear wheel drive built on a full frame, so it can tow.

And it will get 25mpg highway which isn't much worse than many imports. And better than almost ANY import SUV or sports car. My friends g35 gets 18mpg overall and a crown Vic can do better.

No it will not impress enthusiasts or snobs. But it's one of the best overall used car values.

Another standout for reliability and economy is any GM car with the 3800v6 engine. These get 30+ mpg so the fuel economy argument is a fallacy - these full size family haulers get better mpg than an econobox, while in roomy, leather lined comfort
I totally agree that the GM 3800 series is a great, super reliable engine, though as an owner of a '93 Bonneville and an '05 Grand Prix, I contest the 30 mpg part of your post. I will say that if you want a full size car like a Crown Vic but want better gas mileage and an overall fancier looking ride, a Bonneville is the way to go though.

nycll said:   firsttimelongtime said:   fasttimes said:   kamalktk said:   Cop shocks, cop tires...

And a half pack of cigarettes

And an empty box of donuts
no! A full tank of gas. Geez.

FIX THE CIGARETTE LIGHTER

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014