• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Ecuadorgr said:   wxl31 said:   Citibank (Citigold at least).

No Citigold status required. You just have to be a customer.

It depends on the location. My local Citibank branch doesn't offer notary services for its customers, at least for non-Citibank-related documents.

I believe whether or not a bank or CU offers free notary services is strictly a YMMV situation, where policies even within the same FI (financial institution) can vary by location.

Because of this, the OP's best strategy is to simply ask the banks and CUs that are in his area -- assuming the time spent doing so is worthwhile.

Majority US Banks does provide notary Service for FREE. Each Branch has at least one person in that bank certified Notary for specific period of time.

Summit FCU baby!

VK11 said:   AAA does it for free for members, very fast and convinient
CA AAA charges $7 per sig. So I don't know where you get it for free.

ablang said:   ish256 said:   PNC and Chase do for customers.

If I have the Chase Freedom VISA CC but no longer have bank accounts at Chase, does that still count as me being a customer?

I used it when I only had a credit card with them. I just showed them the card. This was in OH (it sounds like some places will do it and not others though). This was a BankOne that converted over to Chase.

sonpar06 said:   Majority US Banks does provide notary Service for FREE. Each Branch has at least one person in that bank certified Notary for specific period of time.

how do you know that unless you've polled a large sample of US banks? while it appears to be true that there is at least one notary in a bank branch, i've called 4 banks in which i have accounts, and none would notarize except for their own documents.

$10? That notary is ripping you off. I got the PenFed CC guarantor statement filled out at a local Capital One bank branch for free a few months ago. Their regular price is $2 because I needed a cemetery plot deed form notarized from a seller who wasn't a bank customer, so we split the notary fee (each paid $1).

I've never had a BofA, SunTrust, or PNC try to charge me. They just asked me if I was a customer, I said yes (and it was usually true), and they'd do it. However, a bit YMMV on whether any particular branch has a notary or if they're there at a particular day or time. Larger branches or those in a big city, especially in the financial district, are more likely to have one. The PNC at my local supermarket used to have a notary who was there on Sundays, which was convenient, but he moved to another branch.

If this thread were to useful to OP and anyone else, for those who were able to obtain free notary services, it would be helpful to know not just the name of the bank or CU, but where it's located. Otherwise, this thread is largely useless. Understandably, FWF members might want to reveal this level of detail, though.

We can see several cases where the same FI (financial institution) has different policies about whether or not they offer notary services, whether or not the notary service is free, whether not the free notary service only applies to bank customers and/or bank-related documents, etc. The same type of things goes for non-FIs, such as AAA.

My town's public library offers free notary services. I believe many city town halls do the same.

I've had 53rd bank do both regular notary and medallion work for free with and I just had a checking account.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014