• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.key.com/gen/html/mkt-q211-touch10-3rd.html?ppc=11Q2_...

FAQ:
https://www.key.com/gen/html/mkt-q211-touch10-faq.html

Free Ipod touch for opening Checking account
Get an iPod touch® when you:
•open a qualifying KeyBank checking account online and enter offer code ONTT0311 by June 24, 2011, and
•make at least 10 payments and/or purchases per month for 3 months after account opening, plus
•make 3 direct deposits each of $500 or more within 3 months of account opening.

Link to Checking account app:
https://www.key.com/html/checking-accounts-options.html

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
i just received email notification as well. due to arrive 11/10 via FedEx.

olliewalliewhiskers (Nov. 08, 2011 @ 1:27p) |

Got mine about a week and a half ago. Don't know exactly which generation it was but it shipped with iOS 5.0 and has fro... (more)

mdo1977 (Nov. 21, 2011 @ 4:09p) |

Thanks OP

GF got her's last week (I couldn't because of previous accounts), I'm surprised she got it at all since she had... (more)

kami333 (Dec. 06, 2011 @ 12:38p) |

......soft pull on Equifax

Key.com offers great interest rates directly to consumers and businesses in 14 states including AK, CO, CT, ID, IN, KY, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, UT, VT, or WA.

Between 3/26/11 and 6/24/11, you must open a Key Express (this is the basic banking account in NY), Key Coverage, Key Advantage, Key Privilege, or Key Privilege Select Checking Account online

And make at least 10 posted payments and/or purchases from the new checking account per month for the first three months after account opening,

Plus within three months make a total of three direct deposits each of $500 or more to get your gift.

You must have a U.S. mailing address on 9/30/11 to be eligible.

Offer is subject to cancellation without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer.

Other miscellaneous charges may apply.

One month is calculated as 31 calendar days from account opening date (three months equals 93 calendar days from account opening date).

Qualifying purchase and payment transactions include checks, MasterCard signature, PayPass® and PIN-based purchases, Key Bill Pay, debit card automated payments, PayPal® transactions, and Automated Clearing House (ACH) direct payments.

Direct deposit transactions are limited to payroll, Social Security, pension, and government benefits.

If you close your account within 180 days of account opening, you will be charged a $25 account early closure fee.

Accounts overdrawn or closed as of 9/30/11 are not eligible for this offer.

Offer available to individuals without an existing checking account at KeyBank as of 3/25/11.

Offer not available to individuals who have opened a KeyBank checking account in the last 12 months.

Employees of KeyBank, its affiliates, and subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer.

Accounts titled as Trust Accounts, Estate, Non-Individual, and No Access are excluded from eligibility.

Limit one gift per qualifying account. Limit one gift per individual.

The value of your gift will be reported on Form 1099-INT.

Your gift will be shipped within 90 days of meeting requirements.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

N/A in Arizona
I thought I've seen lot of Keybank ATM Machines in Phoenix area

Does KeyBank count ACH transactions as direct deposits?

slc39 said:   Does KeyBank count ACH transactions as direct deposits?

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/432086/

Dang, no MN. I wanted another iPod Touch for myself.. My girlfriend took my Bank of the West one.

Those are some very stiff T&Cs.

tyrone3971 said:   Those are some very stiff T&Cs.

Yes, I was going to do it, but that's just too many hoops... Good post though, OP!

I prefer something requiring a larger deposit but less transactional mumbo jumbo... anything else around like that?

They're not that bad. 10 debits, 3 DD's of $500 or more within 3 months.. Hold account open 6 months total. Kind of long to wait, but it is a $200-$250 device.

If anyone knows any other banks doing this iPod stuff?

jnheinz said:   They're not that bad. 10 debits, 3 DD's of $500 or more within 3 months.. Hold account open 6 months total. Kind of long to wait, but it is a $200-$250 device.

Read the fine print, please. That's 10 debits/mo. for 3 mos.

I don't have time for all that compliance, and I know myself. Something else will require my attention, I won't comply exactly, and I'll get nothing but a bunch of paperwork for my efforts. Gang, this isn't a rebate application--you have to do far more than that to get the iTouch.

This is a 6 mo. slog...

per month = every 30/31 days or is it May/June/July?

Anyone know the specs on the iPod? Camera/WiFi?

Just answered my own question. It took four tries before I was connected with a Key rep who even knew anything about the promotion. Based on her information it is 8gb, 4th generation.

collegerunner said:   per month = every 30/31 days or is it May/June/July?From QS:
One month is calculated as 31 calendar days from account opening date (three months equals 93 calendar days from account opening date).

Of the 5 types of qualifying checking accounts, the Key Express Checking is the only one that can avoid paying a monthly maintenance fee with, Make at least $500 in deposits or initiate five transactions per statement cycle†. So after committing 93 days to meet the promotion requirements, one has to still maintain the account from 94-180 days to avoid the early account closure fee ($25).

The next level checking account has a $10 monthly maintenance fee. The three other tiers require $10k/25/100k minimum balance.

I'm thinking about getting in on this deal to get another iPod. I didn't do the last Key bank deal but the Bank of the West one sure was much easier.

I just applied. I didn't do any of the previous Touch deals because they were the crappy 2G/3G versions. These should be 4G. It's a pain to have to remember to do 10 purchases, but I will be doing 10 $1.01 TimeWarner cable payments.

1099 for $295 ?

Website does say $295 but a Key Bank rep told me that the 1099 would be for $205.

Looks like NYC is excluded

no luck if you're in GA or FL

Signed up for two Keyscam offers (cash and multifunction printer), fulfilled all obligations, and never received products even after multiple meetings with managers and regional managers. Even had the nerve to claim printer had shipped but couldn't provide me with a tracking number. O'rly?

Take that for what it's worth.

ColbyS said:   Signed up for two Keyscam offers (cash and multifunction printer), fulfilled all obligations, and never received products even after multiple meetings with managers and regional managers. Even had the nerve to claim printer had shipped but couldn't provide me with a tracking number. O'rly?

my family has completed this several times without any problem recieving the items. at least 4 ipods, 1 gps.

The latest direct deposits for most bank bonuses seem to be from payroll or govt. How do you guys manage to change your payroll direct deposit so often? These are good offers though!

how can one make direct deposits other than payroll?

also they seem to charge Monthly Maintenance Service Charge $5.00-$25!

Donedealzz said:   ColbyS said:   Signed up for two Keyscam offers (cash and multifunction printer), fulfilled all obligations, and never received products even after multiple meetings with managers and regional managers. Even had the nerve to claim printer had shipped but couldn't provide me with a tracking number. O'rly?

my family has completed this several times without any problem recieving the items. at least 4 ipods, 1 gps.

So you're giving me red for telling my personal experience with this bank?

Quality.

ColbyS said:   Donedealzz said:   ColbyS said:   Signed up for two Keyscam offers (cash and multifunction printer), fulfilled all obligations, and never received products even after multiple meetings with managers and regional managers. Even had the nerve to claim printer had shipped but couldn't provide me with a tracking number. O'rly?

Quality.

For spreading misinformation that is not true if you follow there rules. I removed the red.

mainomega said:   1099 for $295 ?

Yes, I did it last year and they sent me a 1099 for about $195, the cost of the iPod.

Last year I only had to have 3 electronic payments per month for 3 months along with an opening deposit. This was easy as all you had to do was make any online payment with your checking account and it was considered an electronic payment. When I did it, you didn't have to have any ACH credits. Sounds like a big hassle to get my work to process a temporary PR split to get a free iPod touch.

bharatiya said:   The latest direct deposits for most bank bonuses seem to be from payroll or govt. How do you guys manage to change your payroll direct deposit so often? These are good offers though!

My office has an online site where I can split up and change my direct deposit as often as I like.

Donedealzz said:   ColbyS said:   Donedealzz said:   ColbyS said:   Signed up for two Keyscam offers (cash and multifunction printer), fulfilled all obligations, and never received products even after multiple meetings with managers and regional managers. Even had the nerve to claim printer had shipped but couldn't provide me with a tracking number. O'rly?

Quality.

For spreading misinformation that is not true if you follow there rules

Wait my experience is misinformation?

I followed the rules to a T and didn't receive what was offered. How is that misinformation?

Please explain. Every other bank I've ever done offers for has followed through (and there have been many). All of them except Key. That is my experience. Congratulations to you for getting your product(s).

If I do everything online and electronically, does it really matter what sate I am in? My stae is not on the list, so I guess I am out, but if I never need to go to a branch, is there still a way to participate and get the free gift?

gschenberg said:   If I do everything online and electronically, does it really matter what sate I am in? My stae is not on the list, so I guess I am out, but if I never need to go to a branch, is there still a way to participate and get the free gift?
You need to list an address on the application, which must be located in one of the states mentioned. I dont know about Key but most online a/c applications do some form of address verification --- so you cant just fake it.

Donedealzz said:   ColbyS said:   Donedealzz said:   ColbyS said:   Signed up for two Keyscam offers (cash and multifunction printer), fulfilled all obligations, and never received products even after multiple meetings with managers and regional managers. Even had the nerve to claim printer had shipped but couldn't provide me with a tracking number. O'rly?

Quality.

For spreading misinformation that is not true if you follow there rules.

Did this last year for the wife and I with no issues. Luckily I cancelled the accounts in February so we are eligible for another go. I just applied online, and at the end of the app, they gave me my account number and routing number, already went to HR and set up the DD. Compare this to the Citibank offer from a couple months ago, which was one huge headache after another. Took a month and a half to fax them proof of address, have them finally pull money to fund my new account, and actually send me a debit card. I almost feel bad for a second taking advantage of a company with such great customer service, but then I get over it

Donedealzz said:   Donedealzz said:   For spreading misinformation that is not true if you follow there rules. I removed the red.
You have a right to your opinion.I removed the red.
First misinformation, now opinion? Please read the thread about last year's offer. There were also other members who were assured they met the requirements (only when they emailed or called), yet KeyBank failed to deliver their iPods within 90 days as promised. I personally had to wait 108 days before mine showed up. ComputerWiz and binaryinfo didn't get theirs until January as well. I don't know if Number1KentuckyFan ever got his.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it was a very small number of customers. No bank is perfect. I'm also sure most people won't have a problem this time around either. But should you happen to fall through the cracks, prior experience has shown you may have to wait a while with little to no communication. Hopefully that's not the case.

Offer not available to individuals who have opened a KeyBank checking account in the last 12 months

Looks like everyone that got the last offer falls into this...including me.

igtgb said:   Did this last year for the wife and I with no issues. Luckily I cancelled the accounts in February so we are eligible for another go.gen13 said:   Offer not available to individuals who have opened a KeyBank checking account in the last 12 months

Looks like everyone that got the last offer falls into this...including me.
D'oh!!!

By the way everyone, Apple will probably release a 5th gen version of the iPod Touch at some point later this year. However, nothing in KeyBank's terms says they have to give you the most recent version available. If you get the 5th gen, congratulations! If you get the 4th gen at that time, be happy with it...and please don't come back here and say you're going to send them nasty letters, report them to the BBB, and/or sue them because of it...

Edit: This post is to help people avoid expectations that may not be met, because the above scenario did happen during the last offer (thread).

I put in an NYC zip and it says to open account at Branch. I called the only branch in NYC and they said it is only an online promotion. Anyone from NYC with any luck?

From the fine print.. "Direct deposit transactions are limited to payroll, Social Security, pension, and government benefits."

jetsfan92588 said:   slc39 said:   Does KeyBank count ACH transactions as direct deposits?

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/432086/

According to that sticky, KeyBank does accept Paypal and HSBC direct transfers as direct deposits.

But the rules for this offer explicitly say: Direct deposit transactions are limited to payroll, Social Security, pension, and government benefits.

Given those rules, do you still think Paypal and HSBC would be accepted as direct deposits?

I ask because it would be a major pain in the butt if I did 30 total purchases, 3 direct deposits, and waited 90 - 180 days
only to find that they don't accept the Paypal deposits as direct deposits. There are a lot of rules and limits to this offer so if someone is going to go through all this trouble they better send the ipod as promised.

Skipping 24 Messages...
Thanks OP

GF got her's last week (I couldn't because of previous accounts), I'm surprised she got it at all since she had missed making the 10 transactions her first month (but she did use it pretty much everyday after that).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014