• Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
clutchcargo777 said:   I was planning on getting some Smiths/Kroger GC's paid for along with a couple items. How would they know what I bought?

Clutchcargo, that is just not true...buy as many Smith/Kroger GCs as you like, you will get credit (points) for it, and it won't be classified as a a cash advance.

JokerzWild said:   Yup -- they matched the offer for the non-annual fee card and the fee one (Preferred card). The only difference is that on the non-fee card, you can't transfer to airline, hotel and train partners like the Preferred card can.
What is the exchange ratio for British Airways -- 1:1 ??

TIA

anyone know the number to call regarding applications?
mine got rejected for "too many request for credit or opened account with us". i dont think i have any other chase account

kooshball said:   anyone know the number to call regarding applications?
mine got rejected for "too many request for credit or opened account with us". i dont think i have any other chase account

1-888-245-0625

My wife got the same message and called the above number yesterday and they approved her. Also, here's some generally good advice that I have in my notes (I don't recall where I copied it from): "Before you call for reconsideration, look over the cardís benefits. Thereíll generally be one benefit, in addition to the miles, that youíd actually like. Tell them thatís why you were interested in the card."

Good luck!

confused200 said:   
What is the exchange ratio for British Airways -- 1:1 ??

Yes, it is 1-to-1 exchange ratio.

ohhenry1 said:   kooshball said:   anyone know the number to call regarding applications?

1-888-245-0625

My wife got the same message and called the above number yesterday and they approved her. Also, here's some generally good advice that I have in my notes (I don't recall where I copied it from): "Before you call for reconsideration, look over the cardís benefits. Thereíll generally be one benefit, in addition to the miles, that youíd actually like. Tell them thatís why you were interested in the card."

Good luck!

awesome, called and got it approved. turns out i applied for the SW card earlier this month which never finished processing and they both go through Chase. cancelled that one to let this one go through and i'll try again in a few month.
thanks!

Just applied. Within seconds: "Instant Decision Approved." Getting my card within 2 weeks. Can't wait! Green for OP!

applied, was given the pending descision, then a denial letter. Reapplied a month later and was approved.

One thing I wasn't sure about was whether this was for the Chase Sapphire Basic card or the Preferred, since I saw another similar application where the text actually said "Preferred" whereas this one only says "Preferred" in the image of the card. I received it last week. It is indeed the Preferred. Called the number to activate the card and was greeted by an extremely enthusiastic rep! I'm excited to use my card after reading through all the benefits!

Instant approval- thanks OP.

Can anyone report how long it takes after making the 3k in purchases before the points post?

jiggah70 said:   Can anyone report how long it takes after making the 3k in purchases before the points post?DW's bonus points posted after the third billing cycle closed. She hit 3k in spend during that third cycle.

I recently got an offer for the Sapphire (not preferred) card for 50,000 points after $750 of purchases (in first 3 months). Not really interested in flight redemption at this time. How much cash can I convert the 50,000 bonus points to? What about converting to gift cards that are effectively cash (like Target or Gas)? Can I charge another $500 and use the 50,000 as a $500 statement credit? From the looks of what they sent me, it says something about getting a $20 statement credit for 2000 points, so if I could pay off $500 worth of spending with 50,000 points, that's effectively cash for me.

LexLuthor said:   I recently got an offer for the Sapphire (not preferred) card for 50,000 points after $750 of purchases (in first 3 months). Not really interested in flight redemption at this time. How much cash can I convert the 50,000 bonus points to? What about converting to gift cards that are effectively cash (like Target or Gas)? Can I charge another $500 and use the 50,000 as a $500 statement credit? From the looks of what they sent me, it says something about getting a $20 statement credit for 2000 points, so if I could pay off $500 worth of spending with 50,000 points, that's effectively cash for me.

Yup, you can get a statement credit, at 1c per point. You'd have to spend the $3k, wait for the points to post (which will happen on the next statement), then spend another $500, get the bill, and apply the statement credit for that.

LexLuthor said:   I recently got an offer for the Sapphire (not preferred) card for 50,000 points after $750 of purchases (in first 3 months). Not really interested in flight redemption at this time. How much cash can I convert the 50,000 bonus points to? What about converting to gift cards that are effectively cash (like Target or Gas)? Can I charge another $500 and use the 50,000 as a $500 statement credit? From the looks of what they sent me, it says something about getting a $20 statement credit for 2000 points, so if I could pay off $500 worth of spending with 50,000 points, that's effectively cash for me.

You can redeem 50K points into $500 cash. If you have a Chase checking/saving account, you can transfer to it.

tchen811 said:   LexLuthor said:   I recently got an offer for the Sapphire (not preferred) card for 50,000 points after $750 of purchases (in first 3 months). Not really interested in flight redemption at this time. How much cash can I convert the 50,000 bonus points to? What about converting to gift cards that are effectively cash (like Target or Gas)? Can I charge another $500 and use the 50,000 as a $500 statement credit? From the looks of what they sent me, it says something about getting a $20 statement credit for 2000 points, so if I could pay off $500 worth of spending with 50,000 points, that's effectively cash for me.

You can redeem 50K points into $500 cash. If you have a Chase checking/saving account, you can transfer to it.

Great deal then. I applied and was approved.

@cestmoi123, it's not $3K of spending, it's only $750 of spending based on the promo I received.

Got it, misread that. Statement's still valid, you need to spend the minimum, pay the bill, then get the statement credit against your next $500 in spending. I don't think you can get a statement credit that leaves you with a credit balance.

jiggah70 said:   Can anyone report how long it takes after making the 3k in purchases before the points post?
I hit the goal during my 2nd billing cycle and the points were available on my 2nd statement. I logged in the day after the statement closed and used the "Pay Yourself Back" option to knock the $530 off my statement balance & the credits posted the day after that. Too easy!

If you have some chase points that you are planning to cash or buy gift card then let me i can pay 1.25 times what chase pays.

Was just instantly approved.

Quick question. I applied for this card, and received my initial 50,000 bonus points a few months back. I lost the card, and called to have it replaced. Upon activation of the new card I was told I was eligible for the same 50,000 bonus points if I spent $3,000 within 90 days. Has anyone had this happen before, and if so is it true I'm re-enrolled?

osubaum said:   Has anyone had this happen before, and if so is it true I'm re-enrolled?
Not me, but it sounds like a plan.

bankdealsrule said:   OP using affiliated link (http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=mgt3CWOmTQk&offerid... AFFID=.7WaaTN6umc-AY... and pvid=FW9uwrm8 will profit from your application. Instead, use general https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?SPID=DFL2&CELL=6H8X
Note: This Chase Sapphire has $95 annual fee (waived for first year only).

This link didn't work for me. Just go to www.chasesapphire.com for the 50k after $3000 in spending deal.

curtster said:   jiggah70 said:   Can anyone report how long it takes after making the 3k in purchases before the points post?
I hit the goal during my 2nd billing cycle and the points were available on my 2nd statement. I logged in the day after the statement closed and used the "Pay Yourself Back" option to knock the $530 off my statement balance & the credits posted the day after that. Too easy!

I plan to do this, thanks for posting about it.

Anyone have an idea how long this deal will last? I know I'll have some purchases in January-March that will qualify me for this, otherwise hitting $3000 might not happen automatically for me and I would rather not go out and just pile up on gift cards.

Thanks!

Looks like it's first-time customers only. Does a Freedom card disqualify you? What about a Sapphire basic card? Anybody try getting the 25k for Sapphire offer and then immediately trading up to the Preferred for 50k?

i have chase freedom and got approved for sapphire preferred.

does anyone know how soon i have to activate the card i received? is there a deadline? thanks.

thok said:   Looks like it's first-time customers only. Does a Freedom card disqualify you? What about a Sapphire basic card? Anybody try getting the 25k for Sapphire offer and then immediately trading up to the Preferred for 50k?

Wow, nice deal. I had the targeted offer of 50,000 points after $750 of spending. Just looked at my first statement. I had spent about $650. But it says, something like first use bonus 50,000 points. I didn't even need to spend the $750. I hadn't even paid my statement yet, but I just requested cash out of the 50,000 points for $500 Cash Back.

That was easy!

freefun4every1 said:   i have chase freedom and got approved for sapphire preferred.

does anyone know how soon i have to activate the card i received? is there a deadline? thanks.

thok said:   Looks like it's first-time customers only. Does a Freedom card disqualify you? What about a Sapphire basic card? Anybody try getting the 25k for Sapphire offer and then immediately trading up to the Preferred for 50k?

The spending of $3k in first 3 months is based on activation date? That would help quite a bit actually - I don't want it till December because I'll have expenses in February that make up most of the $3k. I was going to wait till December to apply, but I might apply sooner if that's the case.

I had a targeted offer for the Chase Sapphire (not preferred). 50k points after first purchase. Applied. Approved.
Got my card, bought a red bull.
Got 50k points, plus 10k more for adding an authorized user.
60,003 points.
Cash out time.

Joe328 said:   I had a targeted offer for the Chase Sapphire (not preferred). 50k points after first purchase. Applied. Approved.
Got my card, bought a red bull.
Got 50k points, plus 10k more for adding an authorized user.
60,003 points.
Cash out time.

How'd you get the 10K points for adding an authorized user? Where do you go to do that? To get the 10K points, does that have to be done at signup?

I didn't add an authorized user and pretty much the same day I cashed out the 50K points on my card, my wife got the same offer! If I had added her as an authorized user, would have have exempted me from getting her her own card with another 50K points?

Easiest $1000 I ever made!

Are you all just canceling the card sometime before the 2nd year annual fee hits?

Applied today with Credit Score 720 got approved for 5k plus 50K bonus miles if i spent 3K in first 90 days.
Any suggestions how to reach that 3K since coins deal is dead

boniam said:   If you have some chase points that you are planning to cash or buy gift card then let me i can pay 1.25 times what chase pays.

Why would you pay 1.25x? and how would you facilitate this transaction? I have 100,000s points and would like to take you up on this offer for some of those points. I know the airline benefits are 1.25x times, but why would you pay that also for no extra benefit? Is there some other benefit that I don't know about? Thanks in advance for your help.

Authorized User
Disclaimer
You don't need to add the authorized user at signup, just add one before the end of November.

Link doesn't seem to be active anymore, but here is a screen shot I saved of the offer if you want to try and give it a go.

Joe328 said:   You don't need to add the authorized user at signup, just add one before the end of November.

Link doesn't seem to be active anymore, but here is a screen shot I saved of the offer if you want to try and give it a go.
I tried the link from that JPG & got denied for the bonus - it was targetted so it is YMMV.

Not sure I want to possibility jeopardize the 50,000 points I've yet to earn on my wife's card by adding her as an authorized signer to my card.

Risky? Probably not, but with it?

After she's all set up, I'll add me to her card (since I've already got my $500 check on the way). I doubt that would cause a problem.

bam got my $500. that felt good.

spent 3k within 90. also i had to wait a few days after statement.

i was misinformed by the application department. the activation department confirmed it's account approval date, not card activation date. hth.

ankitgu said:   freefun4every1 said:   i have chase freedom and got approved for sapphire preferred.

The spending of $3k in first 3 months is based on activation date? That would help quite a bit actually - I don't want it till December because I'll have expenses in February that make up most of the $3k. I was going to wait till December to apply, but I might apply sooner if that's the case.

I'm in the first and last month of using Freedom, for the 300 bonus. I applied for Sapphire and got "pending decision". We shall see.

I already have a Chase Sapphire non preferred card, and then I sign up for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, can these reward points be combined or transferred, does anyone know?

Are most FWers planning on cancelling the card after the first year? The $95/yr fee seems kind of steep, given that this card really doesn't have great benefits aside from the bonus sign up. The 0% foreign fee is nice, but I'm covered by a few other lesser fee cards like the Capital One Venture.

I'm thinking about applying for both Freedom/Sapphire Preferred for just the bonus, but the Preferred doesn't seem like it has much going for it otherwise.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014