Cat, 6/15
Disclaimer

Grave
Disclaimer

Sleeping Catwallet
Disclaimer

Rest in peace
Disclaimer
I came home yesterday at night, and ran over a sleeping female stray cat on my driveway. Grey cat, long grey gravel driveway Ė just didnít see her. It is not our cat, but we give her food from time to time, like 2 or 3 other neighbors. Usually, Iím not a sensitive person but seeing a crying animal under my car drugging her legs wasnít pleasant. I told myself that if I see any blood in her mouth or other body openings, Iíll have to help her to die, but I didnít find any signs of blood. My idea was that her legs or pelvic, or both are broken.
It was 11 pm, so I placed the cat into a cardboard box to protect from possible dangers (stray dogs etc) and left it on my porch until this morning.
This morning she was alive, so I decided to take her to a local vet. When I said ďstray catĒ they wanted to put her asleep for free, but when I mentioned that Iíd like to try to save her life, they said that they have to do X-ray to find out what the damage is. The doctor said that a broken pelvic is usually a reason to put a cat to sleep so it doesnít have a bad life after all, but a broken leg is not a problem. Also, the doctor said, it may be something simple and nothing may be broken to begin with. The cost of X-ray and exam is around $200, and put the cat asleep is free since it is a stray cat (I told them that I found the cat on my front yard). A true FW person inside of me told me to take the 2nd way, but because Iím stupid I guess I decided to pay for the exam. ďYesĒ or ďNoĒ to decide that a live creature has to live or die may be hard to say when it comes to that. I donít really have extra $200 to spend on a stray cat, but WTF Ė I didnít want to kill her without giving her a chance.
They called me an hour ago and said that the cat doesnít have any broken bones but one of her leg joints is badly dislocated and cat needs (may need?) a surgery to reattach one of her muscles. The cost of the surgery is around $500. To put her asleep is $40 now since I signed the paperwork and claimed the ownership. When I asked if the cat can recover on her own if I put her into a large dog cage I have for 3-4 weeks on my back porch, they told me it is possible, but I will have to give her pain killers they can give me for $40. And after that, she still may not recover completely.
What is your advice, people? What is a way for a true Fatwaller to have his/her animal fixed for the smallest money possible? I called a local animal shelter but they can only euthanize her. No way I can afford to spend extra $500 for a cat surgery when my relatives abroad barely have money to buy food. From my past life in a country with no vets around I know that cats are very capable to recover on their own, but still I donít want to have a disabled cat after all I have to take care for the rest of her life.
I will add a picture of the stupid cat my wife took a long time ago. The cat looks ugly as hell and was always missing one lip, but still - she is a cat

Update (11.30pm Central Time 6/10)
The cat will have her surgery (Femoral head ostectomy) done the next week. The original vet (see the estimate attached) can do it Thursday, 6/16. I will check another place nearby and will try to contact Jeff state community college that has a vet school to see if they can do it sooner (and cheaper) than that. I will do my best to convince my wife to keep the cat after the surgery.
Thank you everyone for your time to answer my original post, advise, support of the cat, sending me money via PayPal. Right now I have $195.18 USD sent to my PayPal account for the cat from 7 people. I promise to email them unedited copies of the original receipts as soon as I can. I also promise to keep everyone here posted on the outcome of the surgery and post here the final receipt and pictures.
Update (around 3:26 pm 6/11)
The cat is in her cage now (the cage is for large dogs, so it has plenty of space), with food and water. I have put a litter box for her and to my surprise she used it drugging her body into it. While checking on her I found that she is declawed - I don't know how she has survived her 2 years outside in Alabama country (the vet said that she is about 2 years old).
It is very hot outside today and I started feeling bad for the cat seating under the tarp and breathing hard; I had to bribe my wife by telling her go and use a not-so-good Old Navy $10 off $50 coupon to bring the cage inside and keep it in my garage (the only room under my control more or less).
After me cleaning her crap for all the days ahead I may not give the cat away after all, so, please, disregard my offer to give the her away for now.
At this moment I have $329.59 USD sent to my PayPal account by 17 people.

Update 6/11 (Saturday), around 11.45 pm
The cat likes to be in the garage in her cage I think. She is relaxed, sleeps most of the time and eats quite well. She loved when I tried pet her a little bit (it sounds wrong when I admit on public that I tried to pet a female cat for some reason, I don't know why), and had a very strange reaction for a cat - started licking my fingers like a dog, non-stop, making a loud sound. Love hungry? I don't know, but that's what my wife thinks. After drinking some wine tonight, my wife said that cat doesn't look too ugly after that and she will get used to her she thinks. My wife is still in shock after FW thing, so she feels bad that she didn't like the cat before.
I have $481.39 USD sent to my PayPal for the cat from 21 people. I will be emailing unedited estimate to all of them tonight.

Update, around 11 pm, Sunday 6/12
The cat is doing OK in her cage, eats and drinks well. She can barely stand and shakes a lot while trying to do that, but still drugs her body into the litter box to use it. I had to give her Metacam pain killer she's got from the vet. The label on that one says use it for dogs only and never give it to cats, but there is no other effective medicine for cats for arthritis and so on pain I was told, so vets continue prescribe Metacam in small doses. They say in Canada it is considered to be safe for cats, but litigation here makes the label a necessary thing. The cat should be getting Metacam in a 5 lbs dose every 3 days.

Finance, 6/12
THE SURGERY IS COVERED!!!!!
I have $761.39 USD sent to my PayPal account from 35 people. It should be more than enough to cover the cat's surgery, vaccination, possible boarding overnight and so on. Thank you to all of you who did it. I know you didn't do it for me and I shouldn't thank you because it is not what you were looking for when you send your money. But Cat can't thank you so I have to do it.
If I get anything extra later on sent to my PayPal or a different way (some folks told me they want to send personal checks) I will use it to cover $197 I spent on the cat's X-Ray, exam and pain killers, so don't send me money, please, if you don't want me to use it for that - I asked about the surgery and the surgery is fully covered as of today by 35 kind people, absolute strangers from Internet I don't know. $197 was my personal spending on the cat and I shouldn't cover it with the money sent for the surgery, but if you send me money now, when surgery is fully covered, I use your money to cover $197 because I'm a "broke member". Once again, the surgery is fully covered! Yes! Thank you, dear FW people! Whatever is left after all, is going to be donated to a local animal support group that has cats seating in glass boxes at my local PETsMART waiting for their new owners.
I promise to report how I'm going to spend every cent of the money and provide all the receipts after all.

Monday, 6/13, around noon
Iíve got another estimate from a local animal clinic this morning (attached). They played with numbers a little bit and added some extra things the first place did not, but the most important thing they have mentioned Ė the Cat needs to have her Leukemia (FIV) test done. Since we have another cat at home (my wifeís cat), FIV and proper vaccination are extremely important to prevent our cat to get infected. The total with the surgery at the second clinic is $650 Ė makes the first clinic still to be a better deal even if they add $45 FIV test, $22 Leukemia vaccination and $12 rabies. But I need to find out about the surgery supplies to have the true cost.
After doing some research I have decided not to check our local community college that has a vet program. Since Cat has money for a surgery with a pro, I donít want a student to train on it. A vet class is a nice option with no money on hand to save an animal, but since FW folks has covered the surgery Iíll skip this option.
Iím going to stop by at the first place (Deerfoot animal clinic) tomorrow morning on my way to work to get the original estimate updated to get their price and to schedule the surgery for Thursday if their deal with all the vaccination and tests is below $650.

Finance update (around 10 pm, Monday, 6/13)
PayPal - $1,014.64 USD from 44 people. Amazon payments - $10 from 1 person.
Thank you! It is more than enough for anything at the moment, dear all, so please don't send any money anymore. Everything I may think of as of today is covered by you, 45 strangers from FW, and I promise to keep you updated on everything. I still need to send unedited copies of the 1st estimate to some of you - sorry, didn't have time for that but will do it ASAP.

Update, 6/14
I have the estimate from Deerfoot Animal Clinic revised by their doctor to include Rabies and FVRCP vaccination, and a combo test. Total price is $592.40 now, so it is a better deal than the 2nd place I tried. I talked about the catís lip. The cat had a very bad ulcer a long time ago that has destroyed her upper lip. There is no infection now and it there is no need to do a surgery on that.
We have the official surgery date now Ė it is 6/16, Thursday. The surgery will be performed by doctor Russell. I will deliver the cat to the clinic on my way to work at around 8 am.

Update, 6/15
The cat is OK and is waiting on her surgery tomorrow morning. She canít eat or drink anything after midnight tonight, so she is eating now all the time.
PayPal: $1,024.05 USD from 45 people, Amazon Payments: $10 from 1 person. I sent unedited estimate to all of you (one email - northsta***@aol.com was returned as undeliverable).

Update, Thursday, 6/16, 9:23 am

The surgery day is today! Cat was delivered to the clinic about an hour ago. I have added some blood work tests they recommend to any pet before sedation, and also asked to check her for ear infection and for worms, including ringworm. They will call me after the surgery to let me know how the Cat is doing. I will update you ASAP.
Update, 12.10 pm
Iíve got a call from Dr. Russell 15 min ago. The Catís combo tests are all fine, but he found something else so he wanted to confirm that I still want him to proceed with the surgery. There is an abnormal growth of body tissue in the Catís throat that may or may not be cancerous. He wanted to make sure that I want him to perform a $600 surgery for a cat that may not live long. He sounded like the second possibility is really possible, but didnít confirm anything when I asked him directly since he doesnít know what that is without additional testing. After some thinking I told him to proceed with the surgery and take a test of that area to see what is going on. It is a $80 test, but since we have money to cover it and want to know what is going on, I think it makes sense.
That tissue growth(I donít know if it is a tumor or what) in Catís throat may explain the fact that the Cat was always very quiet during 2 years we know her, we could barely hear her meowing. Well, if she was like that for 2 years, there is a chance that it may be not too bad.
I will let you know ASAP when I hear anything else.

I just got a call from Doctor Russell. The cat went into cardiac arrest and passed away during the surgery. They did their best he says but couldn't do anything. He told me it may be related to that tissue growth she had. His opinion is that it was probably the best thing for her Ė he is sure that Cat has cancer spread everywhere. You can call him if you wish to find out more: 205-661-9630.
I will get her later on to burry on my backyard. I will refund everybodyís money end of today. Please use it to help other stray animals. God bless you all and thank you for everything you did for her.

Friday, 6/17
Iíve got Catwallet back this morning. She looked exactly the same like on her last photo that I took while the Cat was asleep, just had some stitches on her left leg. I have finished her 3 foot deep grave and we have buried her under raspberry bushes. We do not go to that area of our backyard so the Cat will rest in peace, finally, after all the months of straggling with heat, cold, Alabama wilderness, illnesses, looking for food and love.

A long time ago Iíve heard a story about Angels coming to us not to help, but to change us. They come in different, usually not the most unattractive shapes, and patiently wait for us to step forward and do something good Ė something that we usually never do. If that story is true, then who knows, maybe this little ugly cat was sent to try to change me and my wife. She came to the front door of our house two weeks before our daughter was born, 17 month ago, and since then, under rain, sun and snow, was patiently waiting on us to step forward - to see her not like an ugly annoying stray cat, but as a helpless creature that also needs love and attention. For many long months, she has taught us to share food, provide a little bit of care, to notice unattractive and annoying poor things that we usually donít see or donít want to see around us while busy with our own, more important stuff. And when kitty has finally found that she is loved, that all her efforts to make me and my wife a little bit better are finally successful, that there are actually many, many people in this World that can love her the way she is, that sent their money to help her, that were thinking about her for all these days, she got satisfied and went somewhere else - on her new assignment.
It is Catwallet story I will remember and will teach my daughter when she gets older. Thank you all

Member Summary

Lacey in her box
Thanks 77Rus
Disclaimer

Her info
Thanks 77Rus
Disclaimer

Adoption agreement
Thanks 77Rus
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Wish I'd seen this thread when all this was going on. Kudos to the OP for the effort and dedication to do this. I hone... (more)

Solandri (Jul. 27, 2011 @ 4:46a) |

Congrats on adopting Lacey, she's gorgeous! I'm sure Lacey will have an amazing home and good luck to you and family. ... (more)

RareWS6 (Jul. 27, 2011 @ 11:47a) |

Thank you OP that really touched my heart...I too have adopted a stray cat when it unexpectedly showed up in my yard. Wh... (more)

Rae6 (Jul. 27, 2011 @ 2:35p) |

Donations to cat surgery offered:

Suckisstaples $100 PAYMENT SENT
ZeeOhhSix $10 PAYMENT SENT
ryeny3 $10 PAYMENT SENT
briiansd $10
UtahDealSeeker $100 PAYMENT SENT
Bizatch $10
Turkey79 $50 PAYMENT SENT
Venturescout $100 PAYMENT SENT
greieras $20 PAYMENT SENT
AnnaMagnani $10 PAYMENT SENT
Skooba $15 PAYMENT SENT
turtlebug $25 PAYMENT SENT
kami333 $10
speedro $25 PAYMENT SENT
bigdinkel $10 PAYMENT SENT
discoganya $10
MelissaAnne $5
sdgodfrey8 $20
DaCheeze $10
rdnzl $20
svnd $25
diamente $50
jigsaw1975 $10
GADOM $20
mrkk $10
starcrossed $10 PAYMENT SENT
PearlBrown $10 Payment 6/12 via Amazon Payments
captainlynne $20 PAYMENT SENT
Hindustani $10 PAYMENT SENT
BankofGreed $20 PAYMENT SENT
JWheeler2003 $20 PAYMENT SENT
jnheinz $10 PAYMENT SENT
patch96 $10 PAYMENT SENT
VK11 $10 PAYMENT SENT
mmaf $10
cp102 $10
cyberl0k $20 PAYMENT SENT
depalma13 $20
Horseymen $10 PAYMENT SENT
ElephantNest $25
div22 $10 PAYMENT SENT
learningtime $10
extraPolar $10 PAYMENT SENT
northstar2020 $15
ecuadorgr $10 PAYMENT SENT
shopper711 $25
pricelessprice ???
jman220 $25 PAYMENT SENT
ledwards $100 PAYMENT SENT
johnm4 $10 PAYMENT SENT
shopper711 $25 Pymt sent
Dilbertic $20
grapegrl $20 PAYMENT SENT
goldendragon822 $25 PAYMENT SENT
TrentSteel $10 PAYMENT SENT
MsWho2 $25 PAYMENT SENT
wesleman $100 PAYMENT SENT
DesiVibe $10
gunsharp - will chip in if needed
ElmoNY $10
Dilbertic $20
beaver? $10 PAYMENT SENT

Total: $1,350
**note - cat should be spayed and vaccinated as well**

Please update and add if you're willing to donate.

NOTE: OP lives in Birmingham, AL. Willing to drive the cat up to 300 miles to live with a fatwalleter willing to adopt her after the surgery.

The Cat has a name so please start calling it "CATWALLET." TYIA!

P.S. (77Rus) I have refunded all the money tonight except $422.17 from 17 people that asked me to keep their PayPal donations (I did my best but if I didn't refund somebody by mistake - please let me know). I've got a personal check for $100 today from Venturescout and have destroyed it as well. $422.17 should be enough for me to cover all the bills ($197 plus $175) and make a donation from all of you to a local animal shelter that has their section with cats at our local PETsMART. If I sent your donation back and you don't want it - you still can use it to help somebody in need, an animal or a human - you have a big heart and know what to do with it better than me. Thank you all. I was the most happy to to meet all of you.

Update 7/26/2011
It is almost two months now - time goes by very fast. After much thinking what to do with $50 I had left after kind folks from FW sent their money for Catwallet, me and my wife found Lacey in our local PETsMART - a stressed out sad young female cat in freaky colors. Here is the online page the Pell City Animal Shelter has created for her:
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19686373 Not a beauty princess for sure but hey, Catwallet wasn't the prettiest cat on Earth as well. I paid $125 adoption fee yesterday and took Lacey home. PETsMART is going to give the full amount to ASPCI - I think it is better after all than just to send them a check for $50. That's how I spent whatever was left.
Oh, well. Once again thank you all. I'm working on the grave stone for Catwallet and will also post a picture of that when it is done.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If you don't have the $, you don't have the $. Do what you can afford. You could try to take up a collection from others in the area since apparently some people besides you care for it.

You're not looking for financial advice. Purely financial advice would be to spend the least amount possible: put the cat to sleep, which would have been free. But now you've claimed ownership and have the responsibilities associated with that. So now the best financial decision is to pay $40 to put the cat to sleep. If you're looking for any other discussion, I suggest that this thread is more appropriate for the "Off Topic" forum.

Put the animal down.

I'm looking for a financial advise how to have a $500 surgery for free or for 1/2 price - if it is possible. If it is not possible $40 option may be the best. Thank you

Way to go for taking the initiative and doing what you can for the cat. You have a good heart. Did you try a local humane society? They may have more options for you, but I'm not sure. Good luck!

Put her to sleep as humanely as possible. Otherwise, you saved her life and now must take some responsibility for her. No point in saving her only to let her starve for food, shelter or medical care since you really don't want to own her.

You could try searching for a rescue society but, chances that they will have room for what I assume is a common stray cat is slim.

take the cat elsewhere and save $40 or spend the $500.

You might be able to find a charitable animal rescue that will fix it with charity funds. (ASPCA?)

Post a picture of this cat in OT and tell the people there your problems. If it's cute enough, maybe some will volunteer to donate to you.

77Rus said:   I'm looking for a financial advise how to have a $500 surgery for free or for 1/2 priceThats not financial advise- thats magic advice.

I congratulate you for having compassion, but it is just a cat.

The humane thing to do is put the cat down.

If there are any nearby, call a local veterinary school. They will often do work at hard cost (i.e. costs for the anesthesia and little else) to help vets in training get surgical practice. This seems like an ideal case for that as it will only cost a drive over.

That said, you clearly have a good heart. It's nice to see people put someone or something before themselves.

Not sure how involved you want to get, but General Electric Care Credit is a nice option. They provide a credit line for vet and medical bills, and they will defer the interest for a certain amount of time (6 months, I think, maybe more). This will give you an opportunity to spread the cost of care over several months, and, if you pay it off during the grace period, no interest is applied.

I'll chip in $100

That poor cat pic did it to me

FoolishJumper said:   If there are any nearby, call a local veterinary school. They will often do work at hard cost (i.e. costs for the anesthesia and little else) to help vets in training get surgical practice. This seems like an ideal case for that as it will only cost a drive over.

That said, you clearly have a good heart. It's nice to see people put someone or something before themselves.
good idea

While it was an accident, you harmed another living creature. The vet has told you the cat can do well with the surgery, and MAY be able to heal on its own without surgery. In my opinion (flame suit on) the LEAST you can do is get the pain killers, let her try to recover in your spare dog crate. Provide her with food and water during this time so she has the best chance of recovering. If she doesn't get better after the amount of time specified by the vet, then think about putting her to sleep. During that month she is trying to recover on her own, spend some time each and every day trying to find a vet that will do the surgery "at cost." Do everything you can for this creature.

ETA: While I don't have a $100 to donate like SUCKISSTAPLES, I will chip in $10 if you decide to have the surgery performed. PM me when you do.

Either have the cat put down or get the pain meds for her and put her story with some pics in the pet section of your local craigslist and ask for donations and/or recommendations for a local vet that may do the surgery free or at a very discounted price.

Can you do the pain killer approach and still bring it back for surgery if it needs it later? If that is an option I would consider it and keep the vet school as a plan B approach should it not heal on it's own.

Although this may be better suited to off topic than finance, I gave you green for showing compassion to an injured animal. Regardless of the correct forum, it was clear from the title that the post was from someone with a sincere desire to help an animal in need.

I am sending $10 towards the surgery.

Here is some info from The Humane Society of the United States.

"Understand the limitations of animal care and control agencies. Once you have taken the initiative, time and trouble to rescue a dog or cat along the highway, you might be surprised to find that the rest of the pet care community might not necessarily rush forward to do what you see as its part. For instance, you can take a badly injured stray dog to animal control and find out that the agency is unable to provide expensive surgery to treat the dog's injuries. In those cases, shelters euthanize the animals to relieve them from their suffering. A cat with relatively minor injuries can be kept for only the mandated stray holding period and then be euthanized. Virtually all animal control facilities have severe budgetary or space limitations and must make painful decisions about how best to allocate their inadequate resources.

Before you take an injured animal to a private veterinary hospital for treatment, be willing to assume financial responsibility for the animal before treatment begins. Good care is not cheap, and many veterinarians have many Samaritans in their waiting rooms every year. Anyone who is committed to trying to save injured stray animals should discuss these issues in advance with the veterinarian. Fortunately, some states have laws that allow the veterinarian to collect from a fund for treating unowned injured animals who have been presented to them by animal control or a good Samaritan."

What to Do if You Find a Stray Pet

If you can't afford $500 for surgery, what did you spend $200 for the X-rays for? And how could you afford that? I just don't understand. Sure, you want to help, but doing a diagnostic test only means that, best case scenario, you have to spend more money.

ZeeOhhSix said:   While it was an accident, you harmed another living creature. The vet has told you the cat can do well with the surgery, and MAY be able to heal on its own without surgery. In my opinion (flame suit on) the LEAST you can do is get the pain killers, let her try to recover in your spare dog crate. Provide her with food and water during this time so she has the best chance of recovering. If she doesn't get better after the amount of time specified by the vet, then think about putting her to sleep. During that month she is trying to recover on her own, spend some time each and every day trying to find a vet that will do the surgery "at cost." Do everything you can for this creature.

ETA: While I don't have a $100 to donate like SUCKISSTAPLES, I will chip in $10 if you decide to have the surgery performed. PM me when you do.

I agree with this. Give the cat a month to heal without surgery and give it painkillers. In a month you'll have your answer. Even though it's one ugly cat I'll chip in $10 if you elect the surgery.

I will chip in $100 for the cat surgery as well.

dk240t said:   If you can't afford $500 for surgery, what did you spend $200 for the X-rays for? And how could you afford that? I just don't understand. Sure, you want to help, but doing a diagnostic test only means that, best case scenario, you have to spend more money.
I suspect it is because he couldn't put it down without knowing if it was the only option.

The local SPCA or Humane Society suggestion was a good one. Call and see if they can treat the cat. It's a stray, after all, although I'd also feel guilty for running it over, even though it was an accident. You can always make donations to them over time.

Alternatively, if you want to take full responsibility for the cat, ownership and otherwise, if you haven't already done so, explain your financial situation to the Vet, and see if you can work out a repayment plan for the $500. If that Vet can't or won't accommodate you, perhaps they know of one who will. I'd act fairly fast on this, especially if the cat is in pain. I wouldn't try to let the cat "naturally" recover from this.

Ultimately, you have to do what makes you feel the best. If it were me, I wouldn't put myself in severe financial hardship, but I'd go out of my way to try to rectify the situation0

I'll Paypal $10 (not $100) to you when you PM me a copy of the bill from the surgery.

It's an injured cat, I'll put in the $40 to have it put down for it's own benefit. You cannot be serious about paying $700 for all this and then putting it back on the street right? Do you plan on taking it to a shelter or keeping it? Has its health been checked out? Needs shots?

Stray pets are money pits. Next time, put the thing to sleep before shelling out money for x-rays.

OP, a few years ago, I spent nearly $700 taking care of a stray kitten with special needs left in our shed. The story's a little bit different, so the details aren't important. I was on the fence about the whole thing like you seem to be.

I can tell you that, years later, I don't feel like a schmuck about spending the money. (And we didn't have much then, and we didn't even keep the cat.)

Well, I do feel like a schmuck in that fatalistic sense that kicks in when life throws stuff at you.

But, FWIW, I'm not kicking myself over my choice now. It was kind of stupid, but I'm glad I did it.

Nothing wrong at all with doing something beneficial. Its your decision of course, but you've already taken the steps in that direction why not follow through? I don't think money is the issue here - and you have several offers to help with that if it is.

I'll Paypal $50 to you when you PM me a copy of the bill from the surgery.

I am serious.

Dear FW friends, I feel bad (for myself) and deeply touched by your involvement and suggestion to send money for the surgery. I know it is off-topic now and I apologize for that. Please send me a private message to my FW account after I post an official estimate from the Vet here and I will provide you with my PayPal address (confirmed, verified) if you want to do that. No way was I looking for any possible donations, but thank you. I promise to send the final bill to everyone involved and refund any money I do not spend. Also, I will try a local community college Ė they have a vet school, so the cost me be lower.
I will post an estimate bill here as soon as I have it (the vet is closed at 6 pm, and I'm at work now).
Thank you everybody.

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   I'll chip in $100

I'll chip in $100 as well if you do the surgery and agree to keep the cat as your own. I can't justify it if the cat just goes back to being a stray. (Oh and get that cat spayed or nuetered if you keep it!)

turkey79 said:   I'll Paypal $50 to you when you PM me a copy of the bill from the surgery.

I am serious.

I will help with $20 too.

I'll PayPal you $10 if you decide to do it. Poor kitty.

Hey, she can be our FWF mascot!

We can call her Fortuna ("Fortune" i.e. money and "Luck")-- both apply to her situation. And she'd probably work as our mascot "for tuna".

Running over felines and posting about it on FWF for profit?

I rescued a kitten shortly after moving out of my parents house. A couple days later while sleeping next to a lamp (made of glass) he rolled over and knocked it down and fell on it. We didn't know for 2 days because there was no blood or anything. But I came home on the 3rd day and he looked really bad, so we took him to the vet and they found the wound. Ended up costing just over $1,400 from all of the damage. Anyone I talked to at work said to just put him down since it was a newly rescued kitten, but I just couldn't do it. Looking back now, I still believe it was the right decision and I feel better for going through with it.

I'll chip in some money too if you don't have enough donations to cover it at this point (also under the condition that you keep the cat and not release it after the surgery).

VentureScout said:   SUCKISSTAPLES said:   I'll chip in $100

I'll chip in $100 as well if you do the surgery and agree to keep the cat as your own. I can't justify it if the cat just goes back to being a stray. (Oh and get that cat spayed or nuetered if you keep it!)

Agree. If you keep the cat as your own and get her spayed and vaccinated, I'll chip in on her vet bill as well.

fatbaby said:   Running over felines and posting about it on FWF for profit?
Fwf members are good people. I have no doubt op is genuine and will not use our generosity for personal gain but will help this poor kitty

Heck fwf members paid $180 for pics of an abandoned house full of catshit , so this is par for the course.

Wow I'm shocked how many people here are willing to donate to get this cat his surgery.

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   fatbaby said:   Running over felines and posting about it on FWF for profit?
Fwf members are good people. I have no doubt op is genuine and will not use our generosity for personal gain but will help this poor kitty

Heck fwf members paid $180 for pics of an abandoned house full of catshit , so this is par for the course.

That had some good comedy value.

OP what city/state are you in? If you aren't willing to take the animal in, there may be someone who is after the surgery is done.

Skipping 440 Messages...
Thank you OP that really touched my heart...I too have adopted a stray cat when it unexpectedly showed up in my yard. What a beautiful example to give your child.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014