• Page :
  • Text Only
update: received points on 11/23, only after bugging them with an online message. So to confirm, it takes 5 months (from the end of your 1st statement to receive points).

I opened 7/25/11 and have yet to receive my points. Hopefully I get the points at the end of the month like the previous post. I've satisfied the requirements with my August and September statements and only paid one $20 Fee so far (November). Hopefully this helps anyone in a similiar situation.

Is there anyone who got the points after doing an ACH push from a different account? I did those pushes from my chase account.

I called them today and a rep said I should have done direct deposit from my employer to get those reward points.

Just curious to know if anyone else had problems with this bonus. I've done bonuses from Citibank before with little to no trouble, but this one has been difficult. I did the bill pay transactions to qualify for the offer, then when Citibank changed their account policies and raised the minimum limit to avoid a fee I had a decision to make. I decided that the money was better off in a rewards checking account than in the Ciitibank account earning no interest to avoid the monthly fee. So I sent a (nice) email to Citibank and told them that in light of the changes in policy I wanted to verify that I qualified for the offer. They wrote back and said that I did. Then 90 days after the statement closing period I did an online chat and they said I should see the 25,000 thank you points by 1/22. Then yesterday I did another online chat because I had not received the points.

At that point the online rep asked if I had received promotions from Citibank before. I told him I had, and he told me that precluded me from ever receiving a Citibank promotion again. I explained that I had twice verified in writing that I qualified, but he told me those people were mistaken. He filed a "report" on the issue and told me I should receive a response within 30 days. He also put a fee waiver on my account for 60 days so that I would not have to pay monthly maintenance fees while this gets sorted out. Have any of you experienced anything like this in the past?

Lot's of people have had problems in the past getting Citibank checking to pay bonuses....if the promo says for "new customers"= never had a checking account with them. I think you have a good chance if you are targeted (got a promo from one of my credit cards) that does not have that language. Good luck.

Sorry I'm posting my question to this thread too: Does anyone have experience on whether one can make a bill payment to oneself to fulfill the bill payment requirement?

Just because I believe in giving credit where credit is due, and blame when it's appropriate I wanted to update this thread. I received the below response from Citi, which was pretty quick and in my opinion the right decision"

"Recently, you contacted Citibank regarding your participating in Promotion C27A, which offered 25,000 ThankYou Points. We appreciate your patience while waiting for our response.

You have met the terms and conditions for the promotion, and a credit in the amount of 25,000 ThankYou Points has been processed to your account today in fulfillment of this offer. Please allow up to thirty days, or one statement period, for the ThankYou Points to reflect on your ThankYou Member account."

So it took a couple of emails, but Citibank did fulfill the terms of their offer (other than that I could be waiting 120 days for the bonus versus the 90 they promised, but that's a minor quible in light of getting $250 or so for essentially no work.)

comegetme said:   Sorry I'm posting my question to this thread too: Does anyone have experience on whether one can make a bill payment to oneself to fulfill the bill payment requirement?

You can't make two bill payments a month for Phone, Cable, Electic, Car Payment, Insurance, or Credit Cards?

Not that difficult a requirement to have to go looking to work around it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014